Aug 28 2008

Lotion Bottle Gift Set

Published by at 6:00 am under Gift Sets,SCS Design Team,Stampin' Up!

This is one of my favorite ensembles.  The petunia image in this ensemble is the same stamp I used in my blog banner and on boxes in the left margin on my blog.  I kept the lotion bottle and placed it on a vanity table in my bathroom.  The cards were donated to a Splitcoast Function in New York, I believe. Although it took some time to complete this ensemble, it was relatively easy.  I embossed the Fabriano Medioevalis cards in gold and then watercolored the images.  The bees were stamped on another sheet of watercolor paper and cut out with a craft knife.  I used Stampin’ Up’s Small Script set to stamp and emboss the sentiments.

The lotion bottle comes apart.  It came with a template for cutting the exact size I needed to place inside the bottle.  Once it was painted, I simply placed it in a liner inside the bottle.  I have several more of the lotion bottles and will do a tutorial later on with assembly instructions.

secretary-ensemble.jpg

The cards were mailed to New York for a Splitcoast function.  The recipient was very gracious and e-mailed me thanking me for them.  I wonder if she kept them or mailed them out?

petunia-lotion-bottle.jpg

The lotion bottle resides on a shelf on my vanity.  I’ve promised my mom I would make one for her and if you’ve seen my Splitcoast gallery, you’ll find almost every thing I do for her is in shades of lavendar, her favorite color.

secretary-ensemble-2.jpg

I really must make another set of these cards, they are so soft and pretty,  many different sentiments can be used on them.  I have a small poinsettia stamp that would be pretty as well, with holly and pine surrounding the flower.   Hmmm, Christmas will be around the corner before we know it.

• Stamps:   Serene Sunflowers (bumble bee), Small Script
  • Paper:  Canson watercolor 140 cold pressed, Fabriano Medioevalis watercolor paper
  • Ink:  Versamark
  • Accessories:  Martha Stewart Apricot taffeta ribbon, SU ivory organdy ribbon, SU gold cord, SU Old Olive twill, pearls, lotion bottle, dimensionals, Tombow markers, More Mustard marker, Ranger gold/gold tinsel embossing powder, SU black and white embossing powder, heating tool, Kolinsky watercolor brush

21 Responses to “Lotion Bottle Gift Set”

1. Jerri, this was one of my all time favorites as well — so lovely!!! I guess I didn’t realize that the lotion bottle actually was made with the ability to put the artwork inside — HOW wonderful!! I will anxiously await that tutorial to see where to get these bottles!!! Again, wonderful work!!! And if I had received those cards — I would have framed them!!!

2. Ann C. says:

How lovely! Your watercoloring is beautiful!

3. SueB says:

So totally love this. Really beautiful.

4. mothermark says:

I am not sure that you know how wonderful your stuff is…….so I am here to tell you.

Your stuff is wonderful, gorgeous, beautiful, amazing, fabulous and to die for.

Okay, have a nice day!

Bye…..

5. Cindy S says:

Beautiful! I’d love to know where to get lotion bottles like that!

6. Stamper Gail says:

I remember seeing this on Split Coast when you posted it there and fell in love with it too. Who wouldn’t??? It’s so beautiful and would make a lovely gift for any woman. I love the fact that the art work is protected inside the bottle as it would be such a shame to get greasy lotion all over your beautiful works of art Jerri.

Enjoy the holiday weekend.

What a gorgeous set, Jerri! Each project you post has such fantastic detail and coloring.

Wow! This set is stunning! I would never have guessed you made it as it is so perfect in every way. I can’t wait to read your tutorial on how to do it all.

Joan

9. Vicky Gould says:

Jerri, you are an amazing artist! I love your lotion bottle – hope you will share where to get them! Will anxiously await your tutorial although I doubt any of us would ever be able to color as beautifully as you do! Lovely! (my fav color is yellow – want my address? LOL)

10. cards4u says:

Simply beautiful and what a great idea! Do you mind sharing with us where you purchased these lotion bottles? TFS

Jerri, I love this ensemble! It is simply amazing, what more can I say, gf!

Pinky

12. Beth Norman says:

Oh, Jerry, this is beautiful. What a wonderful guest set! I can’t wait to see the tutorial; I want to make a set too.

13. This set is so beautiful, and so worth seeing again close up! Your shading around the flowers is amazing, it really pops them off the page! Gorgeous all round!

14. evette says:

wonderful, wonderful card. just love it. anything that has sparkle in it I have to have. this set anyone would glady liked added to their home supply of cards for sure. Love the bottle as well. Great, great work.

15. Roxanne Stevens says:

These are beautiful! As are your paper dolls. I really enjoy reading your blog when I get a chance.

Check out my blog. http://www.roxysramblings.blogspot.com Left you a little something.

16. rainy says:

Jerri, this set is absolutely exquisite. And how cool that the lotion bottle comes apart so that you can put in an insert. Would love to know where you got those!

17. Deah =) says:

me too, Rainy..would love to know where to find those lotion bottles, please.
    And your work is INCREDIBLY detailed and beautiful. =) A thing of beauty is such a joy. 😉

18. leslierich says:

This is one of my favorites of your sets! The colors, stamps and, of course, your expert coloring all come together beautifully. Truly exquisite! I didn’t realize the lotion bottle was the way you described–with an inside liner. I’d love to know where you found such a treasure!

I have always totally LOVED this set, Jerri!! Your images are so gorgeous, and your coloring as amazing as ever!! A most elegant and beautiful set!!

20. Shel9999 says:

Wow!! Soooo elegant! You have amazing talent!