Sep 04 2008

Sincere Appreciation

Published by at 12:30 pm under Masculine,Monograms,Spellbinders,Thank You

Sometimes in life we receive unexpected blessings, meet people who are extraordinarily kind, and overall are just nice to be around.  I recently met some very kind and generous people when I attended CHA.  I designed this card to say thank you to a very kind and generous individual for a very special dinner and evening out with the “gang”.  I was blessed to meet artists, designers, internet friends, and individuals from all over the map that have enriched my life.

I’m embarrassed over how long it has taken me to get to my thank you’s and I have many more to design.  Being busy is no excuse, but it truly is the only one I have.  Moving my son to Tennessee and all the preparations involved took far longer than I anticipated.  Since returning home I thought I would have my stamping room, my son’s room, and my busy schedule in order in a week or so.  NOT SO!!!  My stamping room is still utter chaos, oh my . . . that’s another story!

The design of this card is very similar to another design I have in the July Fan Club gallery over at Splitcoast (my home away from home).  Note:  The link provided will work for Fan Club members only.  I changed a few aspects of the design and attached the sentiment directly onto the card.  I used Nestibilities to cut the circles.  The bottom circle is cut on a sheet of copper metal; the Nestibilities did a wonderful job in cutting through the metal like butter.   I flattened the copper brads using a hammer from SU’s tool kit, as I wanted a flat antique appearance.  The stitching was all done by hand.  I first pierced the paper using SU’s mat pack for placement of the holes, I then threaded a needle the old fashioned way and sat down and stitched away.  Now, you may be asking why I stitched this project by hand instead of using a sewing machine and the answer is very simple.  Do you see how small the corner pieces and the narrow strips of paper are?  Well  .   .   .   I was afraid that I might possibly sew through a finger while holding those small bits of paper on the sewing plate.  Now, don’t ask me if I’ve ever done that before and if it was quite painful, especially reversing the machine to get the needle back out of my finger .  .  . LOL!

I used the JustRite Small Letter Set for the words around the outer perimeter of the tag and used the Damask Borders & Letter Kit for the initial and center design.  I used a small fern stamp from a tapestry stamp kit for the fern beside the words “Thank You.”   I added a little bit of Dazzling Diamonds for a hint of sparkle on the fern.

justriite-thank-you.jpg

• Stamps: JustRite Stampers, Tapestry fern stamp, SU Paisley BG
  • Paper:  Night of Navy,  Basic Black, K & Co. Blue Awning DP
  • Inks:  Night of Navy, Creamy Caramel, Basic Black
  • Accessories:  Copper metal sheet, copper brads, sewing needle  & thread, corner punches (sm. & med.), SU circle punch, Nestibilities, Dazzling Diamonds, Quickie Glue Pen, Scotch Wrinkle Free Glue stick, sponge, Coluzzle, SU mat pack, SU tool kit

18 Responses to “Sincere Appreciation”

1. SueB says:

What a beautiful, beautiful, thoughtful gift. Wow!

2. Jody M says:

Jeri, This is a great card. They will love it.

3. peggy lee says:

Hi Jerri! I stopped in for some inspiration and definitely found it here! Your work is really beautiful and creative. I love the different ways you incorporate your incredible watercoloring in great projects. I’ll be back for more! Have a great day! Peggy

These are so beautiful and thoughtful, Jerri!! I’m sure they will be much appreciated!!

5. rainy says:

OUCH!!! OH my gosh Jerri did you really sew your finger!?! No wonder you stitched this fabulous card the old fashioned way! This is such a beautiful thoughtful card. I’m sure the recipient will love it.

6. Absolutely gorgeous, Jerri!

7. nancyruth says:

stunning Jerri! what a precious and wonderful treat for that person.

Jerri,
    This is beautiful and you spent a lot time making it a very special card.

Joan

9. Beautiful! The stitching is so perfect and the design is fabulous! Gorgeous!

Jerri, this card is so amazing. I cannot imagine how long it must have taken you to hand sew this card…and alot of patience as well…LOL! I love all the little details you used in creating this card.

Pinky

11. Joan B says:

You are so talented. Every thing you make is gorgeous.

12. Janine says:

I am sooooooooooo glad to get to know you!! Your work is AMAZING!!!
    It will be fun to watch all the fun this week on Sharons and everyone else’s blogs.
    Have a great weekend.
    Janine

13. Michele says:

WOW! This is sooooooo cool!!!! Gorgeous!

14. Hey you! This is adorable! I LOVE what you did with this challenge! Hope you are doing well and starting off to a wonderful weekend! :)

15. Shel9999 says:

What a fabulous design! I can’t believe you’ve stitched your finger though and had to backstitch the needle out….EEK!

16. Just love every single detail on this gorgeous project!! What a WOW of a thank you card — truly impressive!!! Just a stunning job — as always!!! So enjoy reading your posts!!!

17. Deena says:

What a gorgeous unique Thank you to give anyone! The recipient will be absolutely thrilled! Stunning details on all your work!
    smiles,Deena