Sep 22 2008

Calendar Pages August & September

Published by at 12:28 pm under Calendar,SCS Design Team

Hi everyone, I hope you had a wonderful weekend!  I spent a nice relaxing weekend with my family.  I worked on colored pencils techniques and getting my pencils organized.  I’m still working on that  . . . did I mention earlier in my blog that I’m slow . . . LOL!!

Continuing on with the calendar pages, here are August and September.  I love the August calendar page!  It’s so much prettier in real life, it makes me think of weddings.  The Calla Lily at the upper left of the page is the only one that was stamped on the page, the rest of the lilies were stamped on another sheet of watercolor paper, painted, and cut out. I arranged and adhered only portions of them down giving them a “popped” dimension. The Calla Lilies were painted with Sage Shadow and Barely Banana, More Mustard was used on the stamins.  The Lilly of the Valley flowers were painted with Pearl Ex and Gum Arabic.  They are so pretty, they have the appearance of enamel.  I used a scroll stamp from Flourishes on the left side that just makes this page, it’s so delicate! After masking off the rest of the page, I brayered the Sage Shadow over the scroll and used an almost dry paint brush to soften the color. The stripes at the bottom of the picture remind me of an awning.  I decided to keep the background white and fresh.  Watercolor paper is such a beautiful white, I’ve actually started using it as cardstock.

august.jpg

The September calendar page has the most stamps used in the calendar.  A total of eight stamps were used in designing this page.  I was going for a garden layout, but I don’t think I quite made it.  The flower pot is on pop ups for added dimension as well as the bees.  It’s difficult to capture all the softs colors on camera (especially when you don’t know what you’re doing  . . . LOL).  The upper portion of the calendar was washed with Barely Banana and the lower portion with Sage Shadow and Mellow Moss. Unfortunately the pastels are nearly washed out.  I took this photograph outdoors and the natural sunlight was too intense for the pale yellows.

september.jpg

• Paper:  Robin’s Egg (Memory Box), Basic Black, Canson watercolor 140 lbs. coldpress
  • Ink:  Versamark
  • Accessories:  Versamarker, watercolor brush, heating tool, Ranger EP, gold/gold tinsel, velcro, dimensionals, Towbow markers, Barely Banana, Sage Shadow, Mellow Moss markers (SU)

27 Responses to “Calendar Pages August & September”

1. Deena says:

These are beautiful calendar pages, Jerri! Love the September page especially, and I think you really did succeed in creating a garden scene. Your colors are wonderful and must be even more brilliant irl! The popped up bees are so sweet!
    smiles,Deena

2. Sharon in NE says:

I would hate for the month to end even more so! Each one is an incredible piece of art!

3. Kelley says:

Absolutely beautiful. When you throw your calendar out at the end of the year, like I do, just send it my way!! lol!!

4. SueB says:

As usual, very gorgeous and elegantly beautiful. That Calla Lily is especially wonderful.

5. Gorgeous, I just love looking at your wonderful work. TFS.

6. Jennifer says:

Absolutely stunning! I love seeing each and every one of your works of art.

7. buzzy says:

What a delight to look at these beauties!

8. These are beautiful! I especially love the look of August.

9. Darlene Gabriel says:

Wow how beautiful. I love the August one too. I just love the amount of detail you put into your creations.

10. Vicky Gould says:

Oh, Jerri – that’s all I can say!

Oh my goodness Jerri these pages are gorgeous! The work looks so tedious but you make it sound so easy. It must take you hours and hours to do all these beautiful details. You are truly a designer and a wonderful one at that! I love your colors and since my birthday is in August, I am especially in love with your Calla Lilies.

Joan

12. Jerri, these pages are both exquisite!!! I love the formality of August and the fun loving nature of the garden scene in September. Your talent is over the top, girl!!!

Jerri, I love both of these pages. You never cease to amaze me w/your watercoloring talents, gf!

Pinky

14. evette says:

WOW…did not think you could do that to me again Jerri…but ya did. Great pages. I am not a calia lily person but you sure made me one with your page!!! September is beautiful…does not look washed out to me. It is so soft looking….like that alot. Can not wait to see “my month” December. That is when my birthday is…Dec. 21, I was nearly a X-Mas baby!! Just a wonderful year of pages so far Jerri. Be proud of them.

15. Nancy Jensen says:

Those are absolutely beautiful! I love your calendar pages.

16. cheryl says:

your calendar pages are so beautiful!!!!!!

17. Amy Johnson says:

Beautiful! I just love your calender pages!

18. Dianne Korslick says:

Jerri, your calendar pages are breathtaking! I just love the cheerful colours you chose for the September page. I can hardly wait for my birthday month….November!
    Can’t wait to see your next work of art!

Dianne

19. peanutbee says:

Wow, girl, these are gorgeous. You have such a gift in watercoloring…I wanna be able to color as well as you. These are both breathtaking calendars. I’m really loving that Calla Lily one…such soft and calming colors.

20. Cathy Rose says:

These are all so gorgeous, it’s a shame they can only be used for one month! Have you thought about making these same calendar pages with changeable “months” so that it could be a perpetual calendar? I would want to use these forever!

21. Love these Jerri! Fabulous design and colouring! The detailing around the actual calendar is such a beautiful touch!

22. Donna says:

Two more beautiful pages, each one is so unique. TFS your wonderful creations.
    Donna

23. Hi Jerri! I love these pages. The August one is my personal fav. You have such a talent with this craft, and a unique and beautiful style that I really love. The tutorial for the napkin ring is very well done too. I love and admire your art, Jerri! xo

24. Linda C. says:

Lovely artwork! Very creative!

25. So completely exquisite!! The pearl ex and gum arabic on the Lily of the Valley flowers is fabulous!!

26. leslierich says:

These are both so very gorgeous, Jerri! The Lily of the Valley do look enameled and the bit of dimension from the calla lily cut outs is a very nice touch. I think you created a lovely garden scene in your September page. It has a lot of life and movement in it. Wonderful!

27. Shel9999 says:

My goodness. Absolutely lovely.