Sep 24 2008

Calendar Pages Oct., Nov. and Dec.

Hi everyone,

Well, we’re at the end of my 2008 calendar.  I hope you’ve enjoyed it and that I’ve inspired you to pull out your stamps and get creative.  I hope to make another one in the coming year and will delightfully share it with you.  If I can get up the energy, I’ll do tutorials as I go along since I’ve had so many viewers that have wanted to make a similar calendar.

I love Halloween, it’s one of my favorite holidays.  I have many wonderful memories of my children dressed in their adorable little Halloween costumes. We dressed up when they were little, I made most of their costumes.  Stephen was the most adorable pea in a pea pod costume his first year.  I’ll never forget how we dressed the boys as baby skunks, way too cute, what a response we got.  We always decorated our house and yard with all sorts of lights and decorations, usually Pooh bear decorations, I didn’t want to frighten the little tykes.  I usually dressed as Little Bo Beep and sat outside at a decorated table with a huge caldren filled with candy for the kids to dip into. We always had a huge round aluminum tub filled with apples for apple bobbing.  Whoever got an apple could choose an extra large candy bar of their choice.  We normally got well over 500 trick-or-treaters.

So, when it came to October, I just had to go with Halloween for my October calendar theme.  My favorite part of this page is the witch.  She looks like she’s going to fly right off the page.

october.jpg

November 29 is my birthday and we’re usually celebrating it during the Thanksgiving holiday.  I chose to go with a Thanksgiving theme for the November page, keeping with the Fall holiday themes.

We have wild turkeys that roam our backyard and I have to tell you turkeys are not very pretty birds, well except for the little chicks, they’re adorable as they follow their mamas around.  I decided to go a bit whimsical with this guy using Fall colors in his plumage.  My husband’s favorite part of the page is the Fall leaves. I can’t say that I have a favorite part, I like the overall image with the Fall colors.

november.jpg

I dedicate this page to our Father.

December .   .   . the final month of my  calendar.  All good things must come to an end .   .   . I was so happy to finally be at this point in the project, but I think a little sad as well.  For so long I had planned on designing this calendar and now it’s finished.

O Holy Night!  I think of that beautiful song every time I view this page.  In designing it, I wanted to stay within the true meaning of Christmas, keeping all commercial aspects out of it.  I used two stamps for the design, a beautiful angel and a poinsettia cluster with holly.  I stamped the angel first and then stamped the poinsettia spray around her and the edges of the paper. When attempting the background wash, I tried to make it appear as if the Heavens were aglow with the splendor of what had just occured.  The angel has such a beautiful face, I see her coming down from the Heavens heralding the birth of our dear Savior.  All Glory to the newborn King!

december.jpg

• Paper:  Pumpkim Pie, Handsome Hunter, , Basic Black, Canson watercolor 140 lbs. coldpress
  • Ink:  Versamark
  • Accessories:  Versamarker, watercolor brush, heating tool, Ranger EP, gold/gold tinsel, velcro, dimensionals, Towbow markers, Barely Banana, Sage Shadow, Mellow Moss markers (SU)

86 Responses to “Calendar Pages Oct., Nov. and Dec.”

1. SueB says:

My favorite of these three is the December one – so rich and so meaningful. Thank you for sharing these beautiful works of art.

Jerri,
    Each one is just perfect. I love them all. Your technique is just awesome!

Joan

3. Q says:

The December calendar is beautiful! Where did you get the angel stamp from? TIA!

4. Janine says:

These are fabulous Jerri… Your work is just awesome…

5. Nancy says:

Your calendar pages are amazing! I am so impressed with your use of the markers, especially after my feeble attempt with my most recent card. It turned out okay and I know my friend will enjoy it, but I really struggle with markers so will stick with pencils for coloring and use the markers to ink up stamps. : )
    Can’t wait to see what you come up with next!

6. buzzy says:

What a delightful way to start my day looking at these masterpieces!

7. Michelle R says:

Your work is just divine! Frankly, it would be impossible for me to choose a favorite since they are all such gorgeous works of art!

8. I have so loved getting a closer view on these fabulous calendar pages. And I love your personal story about Halloween. 500 trick or treaters!?! Oh my word what fun! Last year I’m not sure if we even got 5… Halloween isn’t what it used to be. At least not around here. Parents are turning to trunk or treat parties with friends to keep it safe. I miss seeing all the little pea pods and skunks! lol

9. nancyruth says:

Well Jerri you know these pages take my breath away! I adore your art, you put every ounce of your being into your work, and I loved hearing your stories of Halloweens gone by. What a treat it must have been to come to YOUR house on that night! Lots of love goes into EVERYTHING you do! Take care, Nancyruth

10. Dealbaida says:

Another three magical pages. If only 2008 could have been as beautiful and peaceful in real life.

Thank you so much for sharing your calendar, and for giving us a glimpse into Halloweens gone by.

Marion, UK

11. ***gasp***
    Jerri Kay, the gold embossing on this beautiful triplet of calendar pages sets such an awesome standard! Truly stunning!

~Bev

12. Carolen says:

Stunning! I especially love Decembers.

You are an inspiration! Thanks!

13. Carla says:

Stunning! All three of these pages are just amazing!

14. Beth Norman says:

Oh so gorgeous! Your Halloween calender has been one of my favourites! You do such awesome work.

15. These are just plain jaw-dropping gorgeous! Each and every one of them!! :O) I love your coloring and the Halloween one is just adorable. I love that little witch, too, she’s so cute. The turkey is gorgeous and who cares what color they really are! Wouldn’t it be great if they were actually this pretty? The Christmas one hit the nail on the head for a beautiful, solemn and holy page.

You do absolutely amazing work and your coloring skills are second to none! Keep up the beautiful work! :O)

Virginia

16. Love them all…each one amazing in it’s own way! I am struck by how eleborate each one is!

How fun to have a halloween table. It’s cold here come halloween, and we often have snow. Kind of takes away from the fun when even the costumes get covered up with winter parkas! I think I’d like halloween in Florida. Well, I think I’d like everything in Florida…I hate the cold!

17. Jody M says:

Jerri, You have so inpsiried me this year. I make my girlfriend a calendar every year and I have loved the beauty of yours. Thanks for sharing your wonderful creations. I can’t decide which month is my favorite.

18. evette says:

What a fantastic job you have done Jerri. Naturally my birthday month, December is my favorite. The blessing is so visible that you have put into that page. Breathtaking to say the least. Praise God. Congrats on a huge job well, well done. I would love to see all the pages together on my email. Can that be done? Looking forward to next year already!!!! Thank you for sharing this with us. God bless you and your family.

19. Stephanie says:

So beautiful!! THank you for taking the time to share!

20. These are beautiful! It’s hard to choose which one I like best….November or December.

21. leslierich says:

Now look at the change in colors for these last three pages. Three months of holidays. All so warm and inviting and gloriously beautiful with so much meaning in each page. Gosh, kids from far and wide must have talked about the big event of visiting your house on Halloween! How fun!

22. Darlene Gabriel says:

These calendar pages are beautiful. I don’t know how I missed them til now.
    I’ll have to trying subscribing again ‘cuz I’m not getting the updates.

23. Elaine M. says:

Do you have a web address for Me & Carrie Lou – I’d love to order the angel from you Dec calendar.

24. Jerri, each of these pages is asolutely exceptional!! I so admire you for all the time and creative energy you put into each and every project you do. One page would be a project in itself — a huge project — and here you do 12 pages of this caliber — YOU ARE AN AMAZING WOMAN!!! I would LOVE to see you in your Little Bo Beep costume at Halloween giving out candy from the cauldron — LOL!!! I am sure every child within 100 miles would want to come to your house!!! I also love all the thought and meaning incorporated into each page, each project, you do!!! Thank you so much for sharing so many details of your work and thought process with us!!! Much appreciated!!!

25. Shel9999 says:

***gasp*** I love how you use your gold. Truly stunning. Your October calendar is so cute! November…so pretty! December….jaw-dropping.

26. E.T says:

you r killing me with your creativity! 😀

27. Alanna M says:

These calendar pages are simply marvelous. Such detail.

28. C Burke says:

Your work is inspirational as well as beautiful!

29. Carole says:

Hi Jerry,

I really love your december page. This is a beautiful angel!

30. Your calendar pages are so beautiful.
    -Cher

31. Michelle V says:

WOW! I love them all, but the angel in the December calendar really calls to me.

32. Kellye Newburn says:

What a work of love. I can imagine you were a little sad to complete the project. All of the calendar pages are just beautiful!

33. Toni says:

Your calendar is gorgeous! We have wild turkeys and I whole heartedly agree. They are not attractive birds, but the chicks are cute! The angel image for the month of December is divine!

Wow, the detail with the embossing is so lovely! It adds so much to the image. Your colouring is amazing!!!

35. jules p says:

this calendar page for christmas is gorgeous. i love it.

36. Michelle A. says:

OMG, the witch & turkey are so cute….& the angel is gorgeous. You do amazing work….really love the gold accents.

37. Glenda J says:

You are such a wonderful artist – your calendars are stunningly beautiful. Priceless….that angel is amazing. Hopefully this calendar is displayed where everyone can enjoy seeing it.

38. Shelly says:

I can honestly say that these are the most beautiful calendar pages I have ever seen. I bet your family and friends cherish gifts like that.

39. Lisa Dickinson says:

I wish you were giving your cards away as blog candy! I always want to run my fingers across your artwork, so pretty!

40. Eileen McClean says:

I keep repeating myself but your coloring and details are exquisite, thanks for the ideas and opportunity to win
    eileen

41. Cheryl B. says:

Your calendar pages are beautiful! You certainly put in a lot of work to the entire calendar!

42. Carol P says:

They are all beautiful….but that angel on the December page is my favorite….beautiful!

43. SueB says:

I can’t believe how beautiful your calendar is – TFS! I’m off to search out the rest of it!
    – the “other” SueB

Love the use of your glitter on these…adds so much!!! Thanks for sharing! http://www.nelliesnest.blogspot.com

45. Mary Campbell says:

I love the pages of your calendar. Very beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

46. Becky Yoder says:

Can I stop by for a watercoloring class the next time I’m in Florida??? I’ll bring snow! :) Beautiful calendar pages!

47. These are beautiful! You could frame them and keep them forever.

48. Barb (GrandmaUpNorth) says:

Your work is truly amazing. I am awe struck. I couldn’t pick a favorite if I had to. I loved them all. I hope you frame them and had them when the year is done.

49. Sheri Danielson says:

I can’t say enough about these calendars. They are a work of art!

50. StampinCathy says:

WoW now this is fabulous. I just love every month and just love all the colors, layouts and the techniques you used. Every month is just breathe taking.

51. Rebecca B. says:

I just love all the gold. So classic for Christmas! ~Rebecca

52. Lois (clownmom) says:

What a wonderful calendar. Your Christmas angel finishes up the year in beautiful style!

53. Carolyn (snowmanqueen) says:

Wow! Your angel is gorgeous!!!

Seriously, how long does it take for each month’s creation? WOW. I am at a loss for words. The December angel is gorgeous and each detail puts it over the top.
    Cathy Spicer

55. Angie Marion says:

I love calendar pages. Especially the Christmas one – it’s just classic!

56. Darlene L says:

Beautiful 4th quarter calendars. I love them all. TFS your talents with all of us. darlene

57. Roberta says:

Love your calendar pages. So much work for only 30 days use.

58. Susan B says:

Those calendar pages are fabulous, but that December one is stunning! Love your coloring. If you aren’t already, you should be teaching classes.

59. Lisa says:

All 3 pages are so nie. Not to slight the angel but the turkey would actually be my favorite.

60. Sue D says:

The Christmas page is absolutely stunning! The colors are rich and beautiful.

61. Susan G says:

I’ve admired all your calendar pages as you’ve posted them. As always, these are absolutely stunning! What a work of art you have created.

62. Laurie says:

I don’t think to use gold as my embossed outline, but you have made a beautiful calendar with it. In fact, I think you used gold on all the projects. I’m going to have to give it a try myself. Thanks.

63. Dana Herin says:

I am so impressed with the Me & Carrie Lou stamps. I have not heard of them before but I must say they are all beautiful. The angel is just gorgeous.

64. Carolyn Sharkas says:

these calendar pages are fantastic. thanks for sharing

ceashark at aol dot com

carolyn s

65. Carla H. says:

great calender project…xoxoxo

66. gail says:

I think your designs are exquisite! You are so very talented. Thank you so much for sharing. g

67. Isabel Z says:

These are absolutely beautiful. I am in awe of your talent and creativity.

68. Kerry from PA says:

They’re all so pretty but that angel is especially lovely.

69. Nadine Papove says:

You do absolutely amazing work. This is the most beautiful calender I have ever seen. You are very talented and creative. Thanks for sharing.

70. Hilda says:

Your December calendar page is yet another stunner! I love your coloring technique – each month is its own masterpiece.

71. Rene Mewes says:

What a great calendar! It’s a shame to have to turn the page!

Rene’ Mewes
    RM3116@charter.net

72. CherylG says:

Love your December calendar! Very nice coloring.
    CherylG
    mcgodfrey918 at hotmaildotcom

73. Jennifer says:

OMG! Your calendar pages are simply gorgeous!!

Jennifer L.

74. rebecca says:

These are absolutely stunning. Your coloring techniques are the best! I wouldn’t mind seeing time fly by so I could turn a new page.

75. Gail H says:

They are all so breath taking….I LOVE the December page!!

Gail H. :-)

76. Cindyb says:

Your watercoloring and embossing is so perfect. Truely you have got the WOW factor!

77. Karen L. says:

The December page is simply amazing. The sparkle and shine, along with the traditional image is incredible. What a special, unique calendar!

78. SHartl says:

I would love this calendar on my desk! The December page is beautiful enough to frame.!

79. Cheri Howard says:

I love projects with calendar pages! Someday I’m going to create several for Christmas gifts, but do it throughout the year so I only have a few each month to do. Thanks for sharing yours!

80. Linda says:

The December page is simply breathtaking.

81. AnneSATX says:

OK, now I need to look at the rest of this calendar. Your work is so inspiring. Thanks for sharing with us.

82. jeanne nielsen says:

Your coloring is awesome! How beautiful a calendar to display! Jeannie

83. Sarah Denny says:

These are all so lovely, good work!

Sarah D.

84. Julia Carter says:

I am jealous, these calendar pages are sooo elegant!!!

85. Danielle Smith says:

So detailed and beautiful! I love the witch and the spider on October…they cracked me up..soo cute! The colors on the leaves and turkey on November are beautiful and the December Angel is so peaceful…I think she is definitely my favorite! Your work is amazing…keep at it and tfs!!