Sep 25 2008

Charmed Wildflowers

Published by at 1:33 pm under Birthday,Challenges,Stampin' Up!

Today I was supposed to have lunch with a dear friend in celebration of her birthday.  My husband scheduled a home delivery without checking with me (does your hubby ever do that?) and I had to re-schedule the luncheon, I was not a happy camper!  I had arranged for my sister-in-law to drive Daniel to school this morning so that I could make this card to give to Barbie at our luncheon.  I visited Splitcoast to see what today’s challenge was and if it would work with my card.  I was happy to see that all I needed to do was add the charm, and I would be able to squeeze it in.

I ordered the new gold and silver pens that Papertrey, Ink is carrying in their store and received them yesterday.  I absolutely love them and highly recommend them, they are made by Sakura.  The tips are fine point and are perfect for writing, the ink dries super fast as well.  The butterfly charm was silver, I needed gold to match the embossing on the card.  I decided to color it with the gold pen and it worked perfectly.  I then sponged chocolate chip ink over the gold ink to antique it.   Worked liked a charm  . . . pardon the pun.

charmed.jpg

Stamps:  Elegant Greetings

Paper:  Handsome Hunter, Basic Black, Fabriano watercolor  paper

Ink:  Versamark

Accessories:  Tombow markers, watercolor brush, Ranger gold/gold tinsel EP, heating tool, butterfly punch, charm, gold cord, sheer black ribbon, dimensionals, Scor-It

35 Responses to “Charmed Wildflowers”

1. Jennifer says:

Beautiful! As always, your watercoloring is magnificent!

2. Vicky Gould says:

This card is just amazing and your gold and chocolate chip charm is a real inspiration to spread our wings and fly (pun intended)! Coloring superb as always!

3. This is beautiful. I love the way you have embossed the outline. Gorgeous.
    Heather

4. Pam Clay says:

Stunning! I love the black- perfect backdrop!

5. leslierich says:

What a beautiful flower cluster and such an elegant card! The wide border frames it all so perfectly. Love the charm and the punched butterflies. Thank you for sharing another of your gems! I so enjoy my visits here!

6. Charlene H. says:

That is one beautiful card. Your watercoloring is breathtaking!

Jerri, this card is absolutely adorable. I love everything about it!

Joan

8. kit says:

Everytime I see one of your cards they are just stunning. Your friend, I’m sure will cherish it forever.

Kit

9. cheryl says:

just beautiful!! I love it

10. Sheri Danielson says:

How do I get on your list to send a birthday card to? My birthday is Dec. 18 :) You make the most amazing cards I have ever seen. I only wish I could be half as good as you.

11. Dealbaida says:

You’ve done it again Jerri! Absolutely beautiful.

Happy weekend everybody.

Marion, UK

12. peanutbee says:

I love the elegant black with hunter green…especially the ribbon/cord treatment. Gorgeous!!

13. Deah =) says:

She’ll love this card when-e-ver you get a chance to give it to her. =) It’s gorgeous! The black ribbon just really sets it off and makes it completely elegant…TFS!!! =)

14. Beth Norman says:

Your husband was a very bad boy! This is such a pretty card. Again, the watercolouring is awesome. I started a watercolour (with paints) class at the college last night and love it already.

15. evette says:

Oh Jerri I just love this card. Wish I were able to design cards the way you do!! It is hard for me to even stamp some days as I really wish I had someone to do it with. I am not one to do things alone. I do belong to a stamping club that meets once per month and a scrapbooking club which also meets once per month but that is not enough for me. I am so addicted to stamping. Can you tell me where I can find the “The me and Carrie Lou” stamps? Do you always use gold embossing prior to watercoloring? My friend attended a watercoloring class yesterday in Zoar, Ohio and loved it. They used the Tombow markers and basicly followed the way you do your watercoloring. Darn it…wish someone around me would have a class like that. I sure would go. My friend LOVED it so much. God bless you Jerri and thanks for letting us all have our say on your blog.

16. jodi says:

Absolutly wonderfully beautiful…… Thanks

17. Becky says:

Beautiful! Such a nice job with the pens not to mention the watercoloring! Tell your husband that he was a VERY bad boy!!

18. A classic beauty! Love the charm and the drama of the black butterflies. And don’t you EVAH think of throwing out those watercolours LOL! This is so gorgeous and the design is fabulous!

19. Dee Jackson says:

Another gorgeous card Jerri!!! The sheer ribbon and charms are just wonderful

20. Cathy Rose says:

Exquisitely gorgeous! And great idea to gild and antique the charm. The total effect is awesome.

21. Nancy says:

~*Gasp*~ Beautiful…as always. Love your antiqued charm!

22. Darlene Gabriel says:

What a gorgeous card!! I love how you made the charm work by colouring and antiquing it. Smart thinking.
    I’ve enjoying visiting your blog since I discovered it. Thanks for your inspiration and sharing with us.
    Now I need to go and try to subscribe again to get your updates. For some reason I’m not getting them.

23. Hi Jerri,

Did you ever get to go out for lunch with Barbie? I bet she will love the card. The black adds such gorgeous drama. Gorgeous friend!

24. Candy aka cwilliams says:

Beautiful Jerri, love the butterfly charm!!

25. buzzy says:

Delightful as always!

Jerri, this is over the top beautiful. THose little butterflies just make this card more complete! Your watercoloring is too much, gf!

Pinky

Absolutely gorgeous, Jerri…soooo delicate and elegant!!! I want to color just like you when I grow up!!! Oh, btw, I just tagged you, my friend….now ya gotta tell us 7 little known facts about yourself!! Go to my blog for the deets!!

28. You never disappoint, Jerri!! This is absolutely beautiful! Even your ribbon treatment is gorgeous. That bow is tied so perfectly and gracefully… it looks like a flower!

29. Amy Johnson says:

Such a beautiful card! I love the ribbon, charm and black butterflys! Great job!

30. Oh my gosh, how absolutely stunning is this!!! Those black accents just make is all pop and stand out so beautifully!!! What a GORGEOUS CREATION!!!! Love that charm as well — the pefect accent!!!

31. Donna says:

Just beautiful, great touch with the charm butterfly.

32. Shel9999 says:

Wow. Your work is truly stunning, Jerri! You aren’t just a stamper…you are a TRUE artist! Gorgeous!