Oct 14 2008

In Memory of Violet Elizabeth Gilman

Published by at 9:36 pm under Challenges,Verve

Today’s color challenge over at Splitcoast is Pink Pirouette, Basic Black, and white.  I substitued the white with Papertrey’s Vintage Cream, love that paper, it’s gorgeous!

I made this card in memory of my grandmother who passed away from breast cancer four years ago.  She was 83 when she was diagnosed with a rare form of breast cancer and passed away at 86.  Ladies, please don’t ever feel you’re too old to get breast cancer!  Continue to get your mammograms.   My grandmother did get her mammograms, but her cancer didn’t show up on film, due to the rare type that she had.

I will come back a bit later to fill in the details on how I made this card and the products that were used.  I will also be taking another photograph in the daylight to get a better picture with all the details.  The embossing isn’t showing up well in this shot.  Oh how I dislike using that light tent!  Ugh!!!!

Editing to add:  Today was very hectic and I wasn’t able to take another picture of the card in daylight, I’m hoping to get to that tomorrow.  I want to show a close-up side view of the dimension of the large peony.  I painted it three times, cut out the entire stamped image, then cut out two more peony layers and adhered them on dimensionals.  I used the Mini Scor-It to emboss the double lines around the four edges of the Vintage Cream cardstock.  I then embossed little emblems in the four corners, only one is visible in the bottom right corner.  I embossed the sentiment with fine detail embossing powder.  The cross was punched and adhered on a dimensional.  The butterflies are layered, the bottom layer is Vintage Cream and the top layer is a patterned paper.  Kaiser pearls were adhered to the butterflies’ abdomens.  The ribbon was tied in a bow and adhered to the card with a glue dot.

pink.jpg

Here’s another view taken during the day in natural sunlight, the embossing shows up a bit more in this picture.  You can see the embossed emblem underneath the bow and in the lower right corner.

pink-peonies.jpg

• Paper:  Pink Pirouette, Basic Black, Mirror Gold, Vintage Cream, Gold
  • Ink:  Versamark
  • Accessories:  Tombow Markers, watercolor brush, Ranger gold, gold tinsel, super find gold detail EP, heating tool, Embossing buddy, sheer ribbon, butterfly punches, cross punch, Kaiser pearls, dimensionals, craft knife, self healing mat, Seashell glitter, Score It, embossing stencil

36 Responses to “In Memory of Violet Elizabeth Gilman”

1. Becca says:

Stunning card Jerri and what a beautiful tribute to your Grandmother!

Jerri, your keep raising the bar with each amazing card you make!!! This card is just sooo gorgeous…your coloring, embossing, sentiment, embellies…everything is so over the top FABULOUS!!!

3. buzzy says:

Another breathtaking creation. This card has such a peaceful feel to it.

4. Vicky Gould says:

What a masterpiece in memory of your grandmother – she’s looking down and is so proud of you and your art! Gorgeous – nobody does it better!

5. What a beautiful remembrance of your Grandmother. I love the sentiment. It is so perfect for the situation.
    Perfection
    Heather

6. Dealbaida says:

What more beautiful way could there be to remember a treasured Grandmother? Jerri – this is exquisite.

Marion,
    UK

Oh Jerri, this is so beautiful. Each little detail makes it so special and just absolutely breathtaking!

8. nANCYRUTH says:

What a beautiful card Jerri! Oh my you can make those flowers sings! every detail is so perfect and pretty, it is a beautiful tribut to your dear Grandmother. thansk so much for sharing this with us.

9. Sharon (notimetostamp) says:

So beautfiul, Jerri!!! On this larger photo I am seeing the little butterflies with pearl accents that I missed on the photo over at SCS — totally amazing — your attention to detail is exceeded by none — fabulous work!!!!

You have done it again! tell you hubby that you are still the best on the planet!

11. Amy Johnson says:

This is absolutely beautiful. I love the gold embossing, the coloring, the cross, ribbon treatment, and scripture. Great job!

12. Terri says:

What a beautiful memorial to your grandmother! It has such a peacefulness about it and the scripture is one of my favorites. The cross and butterflies are such a lovely detail.
    My mother is currently stuggling with breast cancer that has moved to the bone and she is 68. I make her cards of encouragement because I know she is going to be victorious either in this life or the next. I am covering her bedroom wall with all the cards she receives and my sister has covered her door with family photos.
    If you would like, please add her to your prayer list: Betty Welch.
    God bless!

13. Jerri, this is just so beautiful…a wonderful tribute to your grandmother! I’ve been studying your colouring…so wish I could pull it off. Gorgeous!

14. Julie says:

Very, very, very beautiful!!! I love your work so very much. It takes my breath away every time I see your work. Thank you for sharing with everyone.

15. Beautiful tribute card-I love it all. tfs

Jerri, What an amazing tribute to your grandmother. Each of the little details (I can see the embossed lines and the decorative corner on the lower right) and all of the other little touches combine to make this such an exquisitely beautiful memorial to her. Thanks for generously sharing this piece of you with all of us.

17. Beth Norman says:

You know I’m lov’n this one! There isn’t a card you create that I’m not in awe with my jaw hanging down. Encore, encore–LOL.

18. Jane says:

Jerri, another great card and such a wonderful tribute to your Grandmother. She would be very honored! You continue to inspire me!

19. This really is a beautiful tribute Jerri. The soft colors, the ribbon and butterflies and cross….all so perfectly suited!

20. Nancy says:

What a beautiful and touching tribute to your grandmother. I am continually amazed at your creations.

21. josefa laura says:

beautiful sentiment, i´am so sorry.

22. Darlene Gabriel says:

This is so gorgeous!! What a wonderful tribute to your grandmother.

23. Ida says:

OMG Your cards are so stunning. The coloring is phenominal and everything has such an elegant feel about it. This one is no exception it is just gorgeous.

Jerri, this is gorgeous. I have been out of town for awhile, so I am behind in my comments. This is such a wonderful tribute to your grandmother as well.

Pinky

25. Shel9999 says:

WOWWWWWWW…gorgeous, as always! What a tremendously stunning tribute to your sweet grandmother.

26. Joan B says:

What a stunning memorial to honor your grandmother. Good grief your work is amazing.

27. Janine says:

Your work is just AWESOME!!! This is gorgeous!!

28. leslierich says:

Each card is only more gorgeous than the last! So beautiful with the adorned cross, too. Every detail exquisite. Love the Vintage Cream. I don’t see a thing wrong with the photo, either.

29. Donna says:

Another beautiful card with such detail. You truely are an inspiration.
    Donna

30. Michelle Woerner (sf9erfan) says:

WOW! Jerri, this is stunning. Such a fitting tribute to your grandmother. I lost my grandmother to cancer as well. Hugs, michelle

This is absolutely STUNNING, Jerri!! You never cease to amaze, girl!! Such a lovely tribute to your grandma!

32. Presentstorm says:

Oh WOW!! This card is magnificent. AMazing work.

33. Jerri this is, as always, breath-taking… stunning. Such a beautiful design so perfectly and meticulously done. Love it!!

34. A drop-dead beautiful card, Jerri! What a wonderful tribute to your Grandma! (My Mom had the same thing… nothing visible on a mammogram but thankfully she discovered the lump herself and caught it very early and is still with me!) HUGS to you!

35. Becky says:

WOW. WOW. WOW. I don’t know what else to say. Stunning. A lovely tribute to your Grandmother.

36. Dee says:

Hi,
    Your cards are incredible! I love your presentations too.
    Where do you purchase ME AND CARRIE LOU stamps ?
    I tried an internet search but nothing showed up.
    Thanks-Dee