Oct 26 2008

Another Example

Published by at 3:39 pm under Stampin' Up!,Sympathy

I sincerely hope that you are not getting tired of seeing the same stamps used over and over.  One of the reasons why I do this is to provide you with different designs that hopefully inspire you to stamp.  I have to selfishly admit that the biggest reason I do this is because I just love the stamps!  I love using them over and over again, I never tire of them like I do some of my other stamps.  There aren’t too many stamps out there that do that for me.  Usually I use a stamp once or twice and then I’m done.   On this card, I used the wild flowers again, I cut the image in two and placed the main cluster of flowers in the upper left corner of the sentiment and the placed the other half of the image in the lower right corner.

vickys-card.jpg

I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder on the four corners of the Vintage Cream paper (PTI).  I used my Scor It to emboss the double lines (sorry, they’re not showing up well in the photo).  I also used the Cuttlebug to cut the four gold corners on gold mirror paper, doesn’t it look just like metal!  I used the negative pieces from the four corners for the gold swirls on the sentiment, I just love my “bug!”  I didn’t have ribbon to match the flowers and raspberry paper so I opted for a neutral cream that I purchased from Jacksonbelle Embellishments

• Stamps:   Elegant Inspirations
  • Paper:  Vintage Cream (PTI), Basic Black (SU), Raspberry (MB), Gold Mirror (TPC), Canson Watercolor 140 lb. cold pressed
  • Ink:  Versamark
  • Accessories:  Tombow markers, heating tool, watercolor brush, Ranger gold/gold tinsel EP, Cuttlebug, border punch, Scor It, craft knife (SU), self-healing mat, Xyron adhesive, dimensionals, ivory ribbon

42 Responses to “Another Example”

1. Nancy says:

This is just beautiful Jerri! I love the gold paper corners (isn’t the CB terrific!), and the pink border punch. I’ve been looking for that one, but it remains elusive!

2. Both of these cards are beautiful!

3. Marilyn McFadden says:

Your use of gold is just gorgeous on these cards. They look so elegant and would be special to receive.

4. Becca says:

Jerri, I for one will never get tired of anything you do!! You are such a superb artist and I love it that you get so much variety out of one stamp!

5. Marcia says:

Your cards are simply outstanding! I love the golden corners and cut out flowers and dry embossing. Oh my the colors are my personal favorites. I love your style for sure!

6. Marsha says:

Jerri, you can get away with using your MCL stamps over and over again, ’cause you always change up the color, positioning, or use of them. I, for one, never tire of seeing anything that you do. Yes, the gold mirror paper does look like metal. Gorgeous, as usual.

7. Stamper Gail says:

How could anyone ever get tired of seeing your lovely creations Jerri? Nope not me anyway! Love all the extra touches you added on this design. This is also one of my favorite stamps in the M&CL line.

I would never, ever get tired of seeing you use the same stamp in several different projects. I love seeing all of your gorgeous work.

9. Vicky Gould says:

I don’t think I will ever get tired of looking at your beautiful creations, Jerri. Lovely, just lovely.
    I lost my husband last week and your blog and SCS have been life savers – keep those beauties coming – you are an inspiration!

Jerri,
    Oh my this is so awesome. You can take something simple (like the Cuttlebug embossing) and make it looks so rich and beautiful. I love this!!!

Joan

11. gail f says:

This card is beautiful it amazes me how you come up with such beautiful ideas.

12. Dealbaida says:

If you had only one stamp I would still gaze in awe and look forward to the next blog post. Guess I’m addicted Jerri!

Marion, UK

13. nancyruth says:

stunning and beautiful and yes your corners do look just like metal! I will NEVER get tired of what you do with these stamps Jerri!!!

14. Ursula in RSA says:

Jerri, I just cant get enough of seeing your cards. Using the Cuttlebug is great and I have just got one. Thanks so much

15. Terri says:

Beautiful! I never get tired of your beautiful creations. Your attention to detail is amazing! I recently purchased a cuttlebug and I am so happy that you share such great ideals for using it. Thank you!

16. Beth Norman says:

Nope, not tired of this stamp set yet. Everything you do turns to gold.

17. MichelleH says:

Just stunning! Thank you for creating and sharing this beauty.

18. Janine says:

This is just gorgeous!!!

19. I will never tire from seeing your watercolouring! Beautifu Jerri! Love all the added details with the cuttlebug and ribbon!

20. Amy Johnson says:

Beautiful card! I love the gold photo corners! What a great idea! Love the embossed background.

21. Julie says:

so beautiful!!! Your talent is the best I have ever run across. I love to look at your work. Wish I had Just half of what you have. God sure blessed you.

22. Selma says:

I am always just amazed at everything you make. All your work is so beautiful and takes rubber stamping to the highest level – each piece is a masterpiece. Thanks so much for sharing your beautiful creations with us.

23. Carolen says:

You are an inspiration!

24. Cindy H. says:

This is simply gorgeous!! It kind of looks like a different stamp because of the way you broke it apart and used it – so lovely! I’m going to try some of my Cuttlebug dies with the mirror paper – I really like how it looks! I’m also glad to know that I’m not the only one who saves the negative parts of a punch to reuse in another way:) TFS

25. Chris Franks says:

Wow, Jerri! That really does look like metal. I love to see the same stamps used in different ways. We all want to get the most out of the stamps we have and sometimes we just don’t think to cut them apart and position them differently. Thanks for the inspiration!

26. Shirley Lee says:

Your cards amaze me because they are always gorgeous. Can’t wait until the Me and Carrie Lou stamps are available again. Question: what did you use for the raspberry border on this card? Your attention to detail is unbelievable and appreciated.
    Looking forward to more cards and beauty.
    Shirley L.
    Roseville, CA

27. Michelle Woerner (sf9erfan) says:

Nope! Not tired one tiny bit. I love seeing your creations. This card is amazing. I love the gold stickers on the corners. Such amazing little detailing that coordinates with the rest of the card. I looked for Me and Carrie Lou and found some on Ebay, but none that I wanted. I will wait for a post from you that they are available online, so don’t forget to tell us right away! Hugs to you Jerri -michelle

P.S. Thank you for all your sweet comments on my blog. I dont’ know how you find the time to do it all -I am in awe!

28. Nimue says:

I LOVE seeing all the different things that one can do with the same stamp. Sometimes you see things you never would have thought of and an old stamp becomes brand new again. Thanks! – Nimmy

29. josefa laura says:

It is beautiful and elegant

30. leslierich says:

These stamps are too gorgeous to ever grow tired of, and the cards you make with them are absolutely heart stopping! The stamps look different every time you use them. I love the corners. They DO look just like metal. What a great use for that mirror cardstock!

Oh, my, Jerri, I could look at your beautiful creations all night long….everything you do is so spectacular and you are so clever to use the same stamps in diffrent ways. Everything you design has a new and fabulous look!! I love the corners on this one and the bugged background….soooo awesome with the watercolored flowers and the pink edging along the top and bottom. Jaw droppin gorgeous, girlfriend!!!

32. peanutbee says:

I don’t think I could EVER get tired of seeing your work. You’re in my Google Reader now so I don’t miss a thing. :)

Jerri, I NEVER get tired of the same stamps…. they’re far too beautiful! I can’t wait until there is on-line ordering from Violette’s. I have a terrible feeling I’m going to be as addicted to Carrie Lou as you are!

This card is positively gorgeous — so incredibly elegant. Love it!

Cathy

34. Shel9999 says:

You just keep on using those same stamps. They are gorgeous, and everything you make is a WORK OF ART! Those gold corners are perfect here!

35. Jerri, you are so darn talented!!!!!! This is so beautiful! Where do you buy the gold mirror paper and who makes it…..I’d love to buy some!

Pam

36. Mary L. says:

What does “TPC” stand for (what company did you get the mirror paper from) and where do you purchase “Me & Carrie Lou” stamps?

Thanks!

37. Candy aka cwilliams says:

Wow Beautiful Jerri, such beautiful details!!

38. mothermark says:

Tired of your stuff? No way! Everything you make is so wonderful including this card! Love the corners….gorgeous!

39. The patience you have to cut out these beautiful images!! Jerri as always this is breath-taking.

40. Beyond beautiful Jerri Kay, gorgeous.

41. nancy littrell says:

Oh Jerri, your coloring, EB, embellishments and balanced layouts are so beautiful. If only we could all see IRL and especially Touch! TFS

This is so elegant and gorgeous, Jerri!! I love the embossing, gold touches, and your most awesome coloring!! Beautiful verse as well!!