Nov 27 2008

Bridal Guests and Congratulations to a Good Friend

Published by at 11:03 pm under SCS Design Team,Spellbinders,Wedding

I have a few more pictures to feature in the bridal series and then I’ll move on to Christmas projects I’ve been working on.

Today I’m posting two pictures of the bridal guests.  I absolutely adore these stamps from Rubbernecker!  In fact, I like them so much that after I finished this series I placed an order with Rubbernecker and purchased all of their “lady” stamps.  I stamped and colored two of the images using Prisma colored pencils.  Using a craft knife I cut both images and adhered them together using Dimensionals. I then placed the image on top of the oval using Dimensionals again for added depth.  I made a necklace using micro pearls using Crystal Effects as my adhesive.  I used a Quickie Glue Pen to color in the dress polka dots, shoes, hat, and gloves and then sprinkled Dazzling Diamonds on the glue.

guest-1.jpg

I did the same on this image, coloring two, adhering with Dimensionals for depth.  I used gold micro beads for the earring and pearl micro beads for the purse handle and the area on the dress where the skirt and bodice adjoin.  I used Dazzling Diamonds on the scarf, gloves, purse, skirt, and shoes.

guest-2.jpg

I was hoping to get a better close up picture, I’m going to try to get a better one and replace this with one that is clearer.  I love the detail in the handbag.  I placed micro pearls on the purse handle and gold micro beads on the purse’s clasp and along the top.  You can see the pearls on the dress as well.

guest-2-closeup.jpg

• Stamps:  Rubbernecker, SU (sentiment)
  • Paper:  Pale Plum, Basic Black, Whisper White, SU DP, Carol’s Rose Cottage DP
  • Ink:  Versafine Onyx Black
  • Accessories:  Dazzling Diamonds, Quickie Glue Pen, Micro Pearls, gold micro beads, Crystal Effects, craft knife, cutting mat, Nestibilities, large Kaiser Pearls, Lavender Moon ribbon, silver cord, organdy ribbon, SU oval punches, Hero Arts bling, Prisma colored pencils

Congratulations Sharon!  I’m so excited for my friend, Sharon Johnson, also known as notimetostamp.  Sharon’s blog reached 1,000,000 hits this week, kudos to you Sharon!  You are so deserving, you have inspired me for years and I’m so very blessed to call you friend.

Sharon has invited me to participate in a celebration she is having as a thank you to all of her viewers and I am delighted to share in this fun-filled celebration.  We will be offering fantastic ideas to assist you with holiday gift ideas.  There will be many participants, we have been busy designing and creating and are very excited to share our designs with you.  There will be lots of blog candy and several challenges as well!

The celebration begins Monday, December 1, and will run for ten fun-filled days.  Please stop by and visit us for some fabulous holiday ideas.  I will be providing links so that you can hop all over to some of your favorite blogs and, hopefully, some new designers you haven’t met yet.

28 Responses to “Bridal Guests and Congratulations to a Good Friend”

1. Elaine M. says:

Oh Jerri!! I love these ladies. You did a fantastic job….I may have to bite the bullet and order all of them too.

2. Gloria says:

I just recently became aware of your blog and I have to say your cards are absolutely beautiful. I was wondering what you used for those beautiful embossed backgrounds? I have enjoyed the wedding cards you make and can’t wait to see the Christmas ones. Thank you for sharing your talent with us. Smiles—

3. Amy Johnson says:

Such beautiful cards. I love the embossing and all the bling. I’m anxiously awaiting all your xmas cards.

4. Deb Saaranen says:

Gorgeous guests! Just beautiful! Cannot wait to see your Christmas designs!

These are so gorgeous, Jerri!! I love how intricate and elegant these are!!

6. Cindy H. says:

Both of these cards and ladies are so glamorous!!! Love your coloring – elegant! TFS

7. Fashionably FABULOUS Jerri! :)

Hope you had a wonderful day(s) with your guys this week!

8. sandyh50 says:

Wow, just gorgeous!

9. Yahooo! This is it! My favorite card. Oh thank you for posting it in all it’s loveliness :-). Truly a masterpiece my friend. Hugs,

10. Becca Feeken says:

Beautiful cards Jerri!! You have me convinced that I’m going to purchase some of those Rubbernecker ladies!! You do a fabulous job with them!!

11. Beth Norman says:

Stunning. Your work is always so elegant and beautifully painted/coloured.

12. Shel9999 says:

Absolutely stunning, Jerri! So elegant!!

13. Chrissie says:

I think these 2 may be the best of all Jerri! I love everything about these cards, images, papers, ribbons and as for those gorgeous little beads…Wow!
    Congratulations to your friend Sharon, on all her hits, looking forward to seeing what’s to come!

Jerri, oh wow!!! These are just stunning. I love the colors and I love those stamps.
    You have done such an awesome job with each one you have done.

I too am glad to help Sharon celebrate her 1,000,000 hits on her site in just 15 months. What an honor and says so much about her work. I can’t wait till the “party” begins on Monday.

Have a great weekend and enjoy your time with your family!

Joan

15. Amy Sheffer says:

Wow, Jerri! These are stunning! What beautiful and romantic choices on the paper, the ribbons, and the other embellishments. You are sooooo talented, girl!! I’m in awe!

16. Wow! What perfectly chic and glam cards!! I love the designs and all the glitz!

17. Deb M says:

These are so beautiful! I recently bought some Rubbernecker stamps at a stamp show — wish I had seen these stamps. I love realistic stamps that show women so fashionable. You attention to detail is amazing! Stamping Smiles!

Jerri, These are gorgeous! I love the close-up pix that show such great detail. You have so inspired me to do so many different things! Thanks again for showing us the detail work on another wonderful set of cards. I can hardly wait to see what you did for Christmas!

Cathy

19. Janine says:

These are beautiful Jerri!!

20. Debbie Olson says:

Jerri, these are showstoppers, butthen everything you touch ROCKS, girl! I love your coloring and your touches or sheer elegance on everything!

21. leslierich says:

Oh, my gosh, Jerri! These are SO gorgeous! These ladies are perfect for you. I love them, too! What absolutely beautiful and feminine cards. Stunning!

22. Tee says:

Wow! your work is stunning!

23. rainy says:

Be still my heart!! Jerri these are FABULOUS!!!

24. Fran says:

Wow! Your cards are beautiful!

WOWZER, girl…these RN lady images look fabulous….you truly made them your own!!! Spectacular coloring and details, Jerri!!!

26. StampinCathy says:

These are just breathe taking! I love the colors, layout, and all the special bling you have added to them. I just love your creative style.

27. Earline says:

Love your work your are truely amazing love your colors also

28. Kathy says:

Jerri,

I just found your blog today and have already spent hours admiring your beautiful work.
    I also would be very interested in knowing what you used to cut and emboss the white mat. All your work is just stunning.