Dec 12 2008

Stamp Simply Celebration and Bells Will Be Ringing

Published by at 12:53 am under Challenges,Christmas,Holiday,Spellbinders

Hi Everyone!  I’d like to thank each and every one of you for helping us make Stamp Simply Celebrates a fabulous success!   A quick reminder that my blog candy is open until Wednesday, December 17, 12:00 noon, click here to check it out and read the rules for playing.

Today Barb Schram’s Featured Project is a useful Holiday Home Decor item for YOU if you please, or it makes a fabulous gift item that will knock the socks off your friends!  It comes completely packaged with a card to match!  I KNOW you won’t want to miss out, so be sure to visit today over at Barb’s place and lap up the inspiration!!!

Today is Sharon Johnson’s – notimetostamp regular Stamp Simply Challenge.   It promises to result in some great layout options for you to use for quick projects.  Hope you can play!

Be sure and check out samples made byJulie, Janine, Jennifer, Tammy, Dee, LeAnne, Becky, AJ, and Darlene.

Leslie Miller and Sharon Johnson have some BLOG CANDY for you today!

Sharon invited me to play along in her challenge today – ssnotime65 – We were to create a simple layout for a Christmas card using just a 2″ strip of designer paper, but only this one strip of designer paper, NO MORE.  We were allowed to border it or do scallops, or anything else we wanted, just no more designer paper

Okay, so here is my card that I made for the challenge:

bells-2.jpg

As I’m photographing this photo, a bell – no pun intended – goes off in my head and I realize that I’ve used designer paper on the 2″ strip, as well as the background.  Doh!!!!! A Homer Simpson moment to be sure!

Soooo, I run back upstairs at 9:00 p.m. and disassemble my card and come up with this card.  I’ve totally stolen Sharon’s layout as I have no time to design one of my own . . . hence . . . Sharon’s alias notimetostamp truly applied for me . . . LOL

bells.jpg

And I like this card so much better!  Thanks Sharon!!!

• Stamps:  Flourishes (sentiment)
  • Paper:  Watercolor Paper, Prism, The Paper Company
  • Ink:  Versamark
  • Accessories:  Tombow markers, Ranger Gold, Gold Tinsel EP, heating tool, watercolor brush, Kaiser Pearls, gold Krylon pen, gold ribbon, dimensionals, glue glider, glitter, Cuttlebug embossing die, Wizard, craft knife, glue dots

66 Responses to “Stamp Simply Celebration and Bells Will Be Ringing”

1. Jerri, you are SOOOOOOOOO funny!!! I can NOT BELIEVE you tore apart that first BEAUTIFUL CARD!!!! Oh, it would have killed me to watch you do that!!! It was truly beautiful!!! I do, however, LOVE your 2nd card as well, but it’s too bad it had to be at the expense of the first — LOL!!! Oh what a night you have had — I am so sorry — but I am chuckling, too — LOL!!! Thanks so much for playing!!!

2. Jerri…I love both of them, even if the first is a slight rule breaker :)

But those bells! Just gorgeous! You really do yellow tones so well. I love the leaves on the bells too, so delicate!

3. C Burke says:

I like your traditional designs! The bells are gorgeous.

4. Pam Clay says:

Oooh, they look like delicate, porcelain bells! I don’t know which one I like the best!

5. Elaine says:

As always with your creations, I’m in awe. Just beautiful!

6. jeanne nielsen says:

I love the cards! So elegant with the gold! Jeannie

7. OMGoodness Jerri … this card is beautiful and your BooBoo card was even more beautiful!! These bells are awesome … great job!!

8. Barb (GrandmaUpNorth) says:

I can’t believe you tore apart your first card! That would have made me sick! Your second card is beautiful too, but you destroyed the first one? I can’t believe it!!!

9. Absolutely STUNNING, Jerri! LOVE! This is so beautiful! :) Have a great day!

10. Claudia F. says:

This card is just amazing, I love what you’ve done with it.
    Claudia
    scfranson@charter.net

11. Wanda Cullen says:

Those bells are such a gorgeous image and when you embossed them in gold, they ring of elegance!! (pun intended) How do you get such PERFECT lines with your gold Krylon pen!? It adds such an incredibly beautiful detail to your projects!!

12. They’re both STUNNING, Jerri! Beautiful, beautiful work!

13. StampinCathy says:

Wow! Wow! WOW! Both of the cards are just beautiful. I can’t believe you took the first one apart and then came up with your second stunning card. Now that’s a true stamper!! I just love your creative style and you are so inspiring.

14. Lynda Hidalgo says:

No matter which one they both will be a joy to receive …but I agree I liked the second one best..:-).Ty for sharing.
    lablady@juno.com

15. Cindy H. says:

Gorgeous!! Though both are so lovely, I adore your second card – so elegant!!! TFS

16. Linda McMillan says:

I’m with you….I favor the 2nd card. Maybe it’s because I’ve been looking at a lot of “simply” card lately. Don’t get me wrong, your 1st one is a so close 2nd. I’m impressed with your ability to mind shift to a new design. Thanks for the view.

17. gail says:

So delicate and intricate! Love the ivy and all the detail. TFS g

18. Cindy S says:

Both of those cards are so beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing your work!

19. Lavina T. says:

I loved both of them! I just cannot believe that you took apart the first one..it’s so sad that you put so much into it then gone. It just shows how good you are at it :) The second card was fabulous. I like the way the card was simple but not and just all the little details.

20. Tiya-B says:

what a beautiful card, although there are a lot of elements, its not too busy.

21. I love both of them – the bells are absolutely beautiful. Thank you – Janet

22. DEE F. says:

The bells are so classic.
    I really like the clean look of the card with the gold embossed strip.

23. Shel9999 says:

Oh my gosh! I can NOT believe you tore apart that first card for a challenge!!!! I would have had to say “So sorry, but I hope you understand…” lol. But wow, the second one is gorgeous too!!! You certainly work well under pressure!

24. Deborah Long says:

Jerri, both cards are beautiful and I enjoyed reading about your cardmaking adventure.

25. Nan says:

Both are beautiful but I like the first card. Wonderful colors – just gorgeous!

26. Bells will be ringing, the glad, glad news;Oh, what a Christmas, to have the blues; My baby’s gone; I have no friends….
    Ok see? you got me singing with that one! Gosh Jerri, with the extra dp or not, the cards are drop dead gorgeous in typical Jerri Kay style! BEAUTIFUL! Now I will go back to singing… To wish me greetings, once again. Choirs will be singing, Silent Night Oh, Christmas Carols, by candlelight….. 😉

How gorgeous, Jerri….love the beautiful images and the gold embossing…just soooo elegant and beautiful!!! Your watercoloring is fabulous, as always!!!

Jerri, this is stunning and I love all the gold on it! Very pretty Christmas card…

29. Tricia Dee says:

I love Christmas bells!

30. Darlene says:

So gorgeous!! I just love all your creations.

31. Maxine says:

Wow – so the designers also make errors – that makes me feel better!! wonderful cards, and I so love your colouring – gives me something to aspire to.:-)

Jerri you are an absolute stitch! I was chuckling out loud reading your post! OMG I can’t believe you tore that gorgeous card apart!

I didn’t get to visit the other blogs today (yesterday, actually, since it’s 1:40 AM LOL) – we had no phones, Internet service or cable TV because of the storm. But I had to drop by here and see what you came up with. Those bells are beyond stunning! And I love your holly leaves too.

Thanks for putting a smile on my face tonight!

Cathy

33. Cheri Howard says:

Oh, my! How beautiful! I like both of the them, too bad the other one is gone, too!

34. leslierich says:

Oh, my goodness, Jerri! Both cards are so beautiful, but I know I wouldn’t have the heart to disassemble the first. You’re a real trooper! Stunning work, as always!

35. cheryl says:

totally love them both!

36. Sheri Danielson says:

I love them both! But after seeing the second one, I do think that the stunning bells pop more on the second one. I never ever would have torn the first one apart though. It is a work of art in itself!

37. Amy Johnson says:

Such a funny story, but you know, I like the second card so much better too! I love the embossed bell and the gold paper with all the white. Just gorgeous!

38. Both cards ar georgeous!

39. Susan G says:

Breathtaking as always!

40. Jlynn says:

Just beautiful! Any word on when the website is going up so that we can order the Me & Carrie Lou stamps online?

Both are gorgeous, Jerri…but I can’t believe you tore the first one apart. Wonderful embossing and fabulous coloring!!

42. Jane says:

both cards are just fabulous! You truely have a gift for design!

43. Oh, man! I’m nearly speechless, but that would be a first! Both of these cards are just absolutely gorgeous and I totally envy whoever the lucky person is to receive either one! BEAUTIFUL!!

44. SueB says:

Oooh, they’re both beautious – TFS! SO GLAD you participated in Sharon’s celebration; it’s how I’ve discovered your blog!

45. Colleen says:

I love both of your cards and just can’t believe that you tore apart that first gorgeous card. The corner decorations are beautiful and I really must have some of that holly-berry paper. I think holly and berries are some of the most elegant of Christmas decorations. Such beautiful cards.

46. Lisa808 says:

Absolutely stunning!

47. Sherri Alspach says:

Wow!!! I like both cards but the second card is beautiful!!! I guess a little less sometimes is a little more!!! anyway– Have a great day
    Sherri Alspach

48. Lucia M says:

Your cards are wonderful!!! Greetings from Slovakia:)

49. Janine says:

I love this Jerri!! Your watercoloring is amazing!!

50. Dee Jackson says:

Wow!!! These are STUNNING!!Amazing coloring as always:)

51. Linda Bullard says:

I love both versions! (LOL about your Homer Simpson moment) Your watercoloring is exquisite, and what a beautiful bell stamp image! I just can’t wait for the Me & Carrie Lou stamps to be available. Linda

52. Becca Feeken says:

Jerri, you are amazing girl!!! Both of these are wonderful. You make everything seem effortless but as always it sure looks grand!!

53. Ananya Gupta says:

wow Jerri. The card looks so pretty. I love your use of colors.

54. Christi Matthes says:

they are both beautiful and the one was such a soft pattern, it worked just fine!

55. Heather says:

I can’t believe you ripped apart the first card either!
    Both are lovely, but the second would be my favourite.

56. nancy littrell says:

Wow…..I love both your cards. Sure glad you took a pic of the 1st before disassembling! TFS and always Inspiring :-)

57. Deb Saaranen says:

Utterly beautiful!!! These are just gorgeous!!

58. Julie Temple says:

This is GORGEOUS~ Love the bell!!

59. Danielle Smith says:

The bells are fabulous! I’m lovin’ the gold!! Truly a gorgeous card!

60. Beth Norman says:

This is so beautiful. Your watercolouring is outstanding.

61. Doris says:

I LOVE THIS CARD !!!

62. Beautiful card, great job, as always on your coloring and embossing technique.
    Donna

63. Nancy says:

Both beautiful cards! Love those bells!

64. Karen Arthur says:

Both cards are gorgeous!! You do such beautiful work and these look so rich. I only wished I had such talent.

65. Absolutely STUNNING, Jerri!!!!!!!!! Merry Christmas to you, my sweet friend!

66. Vimar says:

I love bells for Christmas it remember to my grandma I love the gold embossed strip