Feb 10 2009

Afternoon Tea Inspiration

Published by at 11:03 pm under Projects in General,SCS Design Team,Verve

Remembering a gorgeous design that Becca  had made last September with a beautiful Flourishes stamp, I contacted her and told her I had an idea I wanted to run with and asked if she would mind if I “borrowed” one of her designs and ran with it.  Well bless her sweet heart, Becca was very gracious and said, “run with it girl”.  Here’s the ensemble Becca designed that was the inspiration for my design below.

cha-sample-pictures-021-copy.jpg

I used a chintz background stamp that I used on the chintz purse I posted earlier.  I stamped a smaller image for the little spray on the oval.  I used my Nesties petite ovals, long rectangles, and long scalloped rectangles to cut and emboss the paper.  The verse is from Verve clear stamps.  I used the Nesties Labels to cut the vellum for the verse.  An SU punch was used to cut the slit at the bottom of the rectangle.   I attached gold cord and added pearls to the ends.

Well, what’s an afternoon tea without a pair of elegant gloves!  I painted this set using blue tones and adhered Swarovski Saphire crystals across the top for a lovely pair of jeweled gloves.

cha-sample-pictures-026-copy.jpgWe had such beautiful sunlight today.  I took another picture of my favorite piece and just had to squeeze it in again.  The image is a little clearer, with much better lighting.  The center of the heart shimmers with the Pearl Ex and Gum Arabic mixture that I painted on.  The tiny Kaiser pearls show up much better in this photo, as well as the gold on the outer edges.  This is a super simple image to paint, it took me all of about 15 minutes.  The cutting took a little longer .  .  . LOL.  I have a few more hearts that I can’t wait to get painted to show you with different types of flowers.  One has a gorgeous magnolia on it that is absolutely fabulous and beautiful to paint using a different technique to get a more “thick and fuzzy” texture.  The Nestibilities, Kaiser Pearls, Zip Dry, and Glue Glider are from Joan’s Gardens.

cha-sample-pictures-036-copy.jpg

• Stamps:   Verve
  • Paper:  Prism Cobalt Blue, Canson 140 lbs. cold pressed water color paper, vellum cardstock
  • Ink:  Versamark
  • Accessories:  Heating tool, Ranger Gold/Gold Tinsel EP, Tombow markers, water color brush, Kaiser Pearls, Wizard, Nestibilities, Taffeta ribbon, Dimensionals, Krylon gold pen, deckle scissors, gold tassel, magenta flowers, gold cord, pearls, Swarovski saphire crystals, Glue Glider, Zip Dry Adhesive, SU slit punch

26 Responses to “Afternoon Tea Inspiration”

1. Becca Feeken says:

Oh my Jerri, this is beyond divine!! Thanks for the reference girl, but this is all you!! It’s all so elegant and is so reminiscent of a wonderful tea and social event. You sure knocked the ball out of the park with the entire set you showed this week.

2. Darlene says:

Oh my goodness, these are sooooo gorgeous!! I love the verse and the gloves are exquisite. Being someone who loves hearts – that is my favourite of these. Your creations are just so beautiful – thank you for continuing to share with us.

Oh, Jerri, what a fabulous set. And it so matches my china LOL. I just love the dark blue with roses…. a divine combination. The entire set leaves me breathless.

Cathy

4. Silke Ledlow says:

WOW – another exquisite creation – Jerri!!! I really love all the embossing, your coloring and the sentiment on vellum is perfect!!!

5. Marian says:

OMGosh…how exquisite for sure!…I just love the colors et al!!!

Stunning creations once again!! So elegant, and beautifully colored, Jerri!!

7. Cynde says:

Jerri they are all just Breathtaking. Stunning work. Thanks you so much for sharing your superb creativity. I so enjoy looking and studying your work. I don’t want to miss a detail!

Absolutely gorgeous, Jerri!

9. Peggy Maier says:

How beautiful! Your projects all take my breath away! It’s hard to wait for your next post!

Jerri, another amazing project from you…you simply amaze me w/your creativity, gf! I love this ensemble…
    Pinky

11. Velta says:

This is absolutely stunning girl!!!! I love the detail and the graciousness of this :)

12. josefa laura says:

Always beautiful and fantastic..jlaura

13. Oh, Jerri, you really need to post a warning at the top of your blog! It would save a lot of us shorted-out keyboards from all of the spontaneous DROOL!!!!!!!!! :) :) :) Absolutely STUNNING, girl…as is everything you do!

Breathtaking, Jerri….and you made gloves, too…WOWZER!!! The colors, embossing, watercoloring, scripture….everything is sooooo unbelievably GORGEOUS!!!!!!! You are such an amazing talent!!!

15. leslierich says:

Oh, my goodness gracious, this is beautiful, Jerri! So richly colored and floral and feminine! Stunning! I especially love that mesh pattern in the stamp.

16. Oh MY Jerri…that first piece is one of my favourites with this set that you’ve done…what beautiful color, such an elegant piece!

17. My jaw hits the floor everytime I see your creations … they are just SO GORGEOUS!! You are an amazing artist my friend … thanks for sharing your talent with all of us!!

Oh my goodness Jerri these are just beautiful! Absolutely just stunning!!!!
    I love those colors and each detail you have done with them.

Great job.

Joan

19. Conniecrafter says:

Just so Beautiful and elegant!

20. Elaine Allen says:

Jerri –

Absolutely fantastic! What a beautiful piece. Your passion shows in your work, stunning! I really can’t wait for Violette’s to go online!

Happy Valentine’s Day!

Elaine

21. jennifer says:

Oh my gosh, Jerri, your work is so incredibly beautiful! It makes me happy to see your talents giving honor to the Lord!

Jennifer

22. I somehow missed this post the other day — so glad I saw it today!!! All these items are truly fabulous in a style only YOU can accomplish!! Love each and every one of them — I am totally in AWE each time I stop here!!!

23. Jerri your work is so beautiful. You are so talented. I love this entire set. I really need some of these Carrie and me stamps. They are so beautiful. I love the mesh stamp as well. Still looking for a place to purchase them.
    Hugs
    Heather

24. Dee Jackson says:

Wow!! This is STUNNING!! I love the deep color and the mesh.

25. Iren says:

WOW Your art are just stunning!!! It’s really candy for my eyes!!!

Hugs