Mar 29 2009

Storage Solutions

Published by at 6:56 pm under Boxes, Bags

I’ve taken some time off from stamping to be with family and catch up with cleaning.  Daniel’s Spring break was the week before last, we spent a wonderful nine days at the beach.  I was very inspired and have designed and embossed a new calendar for 2009.  I am waiting for some new stamps to get in and then I’ll start watercoloring the pages.

When we returned home from the beach, I started Spring cleaning.  While it’s not a lot of fun, it has to be done.  Stephen and I both suffer from allergies which makes Spring cleaning “a must” in my house.  Needless to say I’ve missed several days of posting.

I recently purchased some clear boxes from Joan’s Gardens and have been pleased as punch with them and wanted to share them with you.  I originally planned on placing cling mount rubber stamps in them and still have every intention of doing so, but today found a solution to a storage problem I was having.   I have several brass stencils and have been storing them in clear CD cases.  Today I became rather frustrated at how flimsy the CD cases are.  I picked one up that had several stencils in it and it fell apart scattering my stencils everywhere.  I find the CD cases are not sturdy enough if I want to place several stencils in them.  Looking for an alternative storage solution, I glanced over and saw the clear boxes I had recently received from Joan.   I placed several stencils in one and have found the perfect solution.  I can place up to 20 large stencils in just one box, it’s sturdy enough to handle the weight and closes tight rather easily.  I love the size, 7 1/2″L x 5 1/8″W x 1/2″D, these boxes are big enough for large stamp sets or several small ones.

clear-boxes.jpg

As you can see, I have placed several stencils in each box.  The quality is fabulous, as you can see in the photo, the plastic is very thick and crystal clear.  I have categorized them with SU stencils in one box, Anna Griffin in another box, and alphabets in yet another box. Voila . . . the perfect storage solution.  I think I’m going to have to place another order with Joan, I think my Nestibilities will be perfect in these boxes.

14 Responses to “Storage Solutions”

1. Elaine Allen says:

Glad to have you back Jerri. But completely understand about taking time for family and yourself (and the pesky tasks of housecleaning – LOL).

Elaine Allen

2. Sonya Appel says:

Glad you had a great time at the beach, it is one of my very favorite places to be also! Great storage idea.

I have missed your inspiration, Jerri. Glad you had some relaxing time at the beach. I envy you that. We are still trying to find spring. We get a day now and then but for the most part it is still in the 40’s with wind which makes it very cold.

Sheri

4. Oh gosh, if we aren’t on the SAME wavelength! Just yesterday I transferred my Nesties into these same nice, large boxes! Mine had been in the CD cases as well which, just like yours, were falling all apart. These are PERFECT for my Nestie storage, plenty large to store even the largest of the Nesties!!

Fabulous idea. I have come to HATE CD cases. They fall apart, and sometimes stick when you try to open them, and when I pry them open, I often scatter the contents (usually my nesties). Ugh. Thanks for a great idea! And now I’m off to check Joan’s web site!

6. Becca Feeken says:

Jerri, what a fabulous idea!! I’ll have to have a look. So glad to hear you were spending some family time. Nothing like some time at the beach to get refreshed!! I look forward to seeing your new things – they will be jaw dropping as usual I’m sure.

Jerri, I am so glad you love your boxes and I appreciate the nice comments about them. I have them featured this week for my Monday sale too.

I am glad you had some nice relaxing time with your family and you are getting some things done that you have had on your list to do. I know it makes you feel great.

I can’t wait to see the calender you have been working on the last couple week! It will be fantastic as usual!

Joan

8. Diane Long says:

Jerri, What great boxes you found! I am always looking for storage ideas. My brass stencils are in a 6×6 scrapbook so I can page thru to get what I need but I would certainly have lots of uses for those boxes.
    Wish I were as up to date as you with your cleaning, I’m bogged down with computer/ site issues I have no idea how to fix.
    Thanks for your glorious imspirations.
    Diane

9. Silke Ledlow says:

Great storing idea – Jerri!!! I guess you are more organzied that I’m – LOL!!! Have fun cleaning…he,he,he – that’s next on my list too!!!

Have a great evening!!! Hugs ~S~

10. Laurie in MN says:

The beach in March, you’re lucky it is warm where you live.

I like the plastic storage containers. I’ve been storing templates in $1.00 photo albums but want a different storage solution for the clear stamps.

11. Deb Saaranen says:

I’m looking forward to your tutorial Jerri! I so admired that calendar! Hope your house cleaning is going– I am slowly building steam to try and tackle mine!

Thanks for the info, Jerri…my CD cases are falling apart, too…I will have to check in with Joan next Monday!!!! I am so glad you had some time with your family and will check back often to see your next post!!!!

13. I’ve had the same frustration with the cd cases.. may have to give your sturdier cases a try.

Sounds like a wonderful Spring Break at your beach. We are in Mexico right now on ours! Steve and I have been doing some dives and tomorrow I’m going to go swim with the dolphins and smooch with the sea lions! lol

Thanks for the storage tips, Jerri!! I always appreciate everything you share!!