Apr 11 2009

Happy Easter

easter-triptych-037-3rdcopy_edited-1.jpg

Happy Easter and Passover!  I wish you a blessed celebration with family and friends.  We’re headed to my parents’ home to spend the day with them.

Today I’d like to share an Easter triptych card that I’ve been working on this week which happened to fit in with the ssnotime #84- Hang It Up challenge.  If you’d like to participate in this fun challenge, head over to Sharon Johnson’s blog to read all the details.  The card consists of three panels connected with aged copper hinges.  The center panel is 7″ high, 6 1/4″ wide, the two side panels are 7″ high, 4″ wide.  I hand embossed the three white panel fronts and used a craft knife for the cut out work.  I adhered the panels to True Faith Vellum that I purchased from Our Daily Bread. The panels are adhered with dimensionals onto white card stock.

For your convenience, shopping links are provided at the bottom of this post.

easter-triptych-025-copy.jpg

This photograph of the center panel shows you the beautiful luminosity of the vellum when placed on  dimensionals.

easter-triptych-030-copy.jpg

Okay, I’ll admit I’m a braggart . . . LOL!  I included a close up picture of the bow to show you how gorgeous it is!  Look at the center knot, isn’t it fabulous!  It’s the most perfect bow I’ve ever tied.  I’d like to say I did it all on my own, but I can’t!  Nope, I had help.  I was bemoaning my lack of skill with tying bows to my friend, Sharon, and she referred me to Jenny Gropp’s blog, One Krafty Kat, and this beautiful card Jenny designed.  If you haven’t visited Jenny’s blog, you’ll want to hop over, you’ll be in for a fabulous treat!  Jenny’s one phenomenal designer!  I immediately wrote to Jenny and she shared her secret.

The bow is made with beautiful taffeta ribbon that I asked Sharon to special order for me.  I’m greedy, I actually ordered several rolls of the luscious May Arts taffeta ribbons, they’re absolutely fabulous!  You’ll be seeing a lot of them in my future posts.  I also had Sharon order 1/8″ white silk ribbon.  The 1/8″ ribbon is very easy to work with, so soft and dainty.  I attached SU’s “Pretties” pearls and gold beads that I purchased at JoAnn’s to the ends of the ribbon.  I love working with the gold cord, it’s so pretty to see it through the teardrop.

easter-triptych-033-copy_edited-2.jpg

In this close up, you can better see the embossing on the scrolls, as well as the Kaiser Pearls that I liberally used on all the flourished panels.  I used Nestibilities’ Labels Four as a base for the crosses on the side panels that I just got in from Joan’s Gardens.  Joan will also do special orders, scroll down to the shopping links below to see what I’ve had Joan special order for me.

• Paper:  Prism, Whisper White, True Faith, Water Color – 140 lbs. cold pressed
  • Ink:  Versamark
  • Accessories:  Light Box, Embossing Stencil, Stylus, Craft Knife, May Arts Ribbons and Cord, SU Pretties, Gold Beads, Tombow Markers, Water Color Brush, Gold EP, Heating Tool, Self-Healing Mat, Prima Flower, Dimensionals, Karen Foster Aged Copper Hinges, Kaiser Pearls, Cross Punch, Nestibilities Labels Four, Gold Krylon Pen, Tim Holtz Ruler

Thank you for stopping by my blog to visit.

35 Responses to “Happy Easter”

1. Peggy Maier says:

Another gorgeous card! You’ve done an amazing job!!!

2. Elaine Allen says:

Beautiful card Jerri, simply a work of art! Wishing you and yours a Happy Easter.

Elaine

3. Oh my goodness — WHERE do I begin!!! I do think this may be one of my most favorite pieces of all you’ve done — this is truly amazing!!! I LOVE all your embossing and cutwork — it reminds me of Battenburg lace — JUST GORGEOUS!!! And your hanging pearls and crystals are truly elegant — such a beautiful touch!!! You have me totaly awestruck — once again!!!

Gorgeous, Jerri! It is a masterpiece.

5. Karen W says:

Absolutely stunning card, what an inspiration you are.

6. Girl, I was going to say that is an AWESOME bow!! I love the gold cord too, and especially with your dangling bead work. This is another breathtaking creation…the windows to see the vellum with gold is just sensational….oh heck, everything you do is sensational.

Happy Easter to you, Jerri!

7. Sarah says:

This is beautiful!

8. Alyssa Byron says:

Very Pretty! As always. A very happy easter to you!

9. Helen says:

Gorgeous!

10. Michelle R says:

Truly a work of art!!! Happy Easter to you, Jerri!

Happy, happy Easter, Jerri! What a gorgeous card! I love the hinges and the embossing, almost as much as I love the bow! As always, what a stunner!
    Enjoy the holiday, Cathy

12. Haooy Easter Jerri! This is so amazing! I actually called Bill over to the computer to see it. Everything is just perfect. The bow (yahoo, you brag away girl, it’s so lovely!), the bead work (I do that too and am sooo drooling over hanging them from the 1/8″ taffeta!), and that gorgeous flower and STEMS/LEAVES! WOWZers girlie! This priceless!!

13. Beautiful Jerri! Love the vellum the openings the entire triptych design is over the top fabulous!

14. Carol S says:

Sorry to be so stupid but what are the white scroll-like panels made from that you cut out the centers? Stunning card!

15. Once I pick my chin up off the floor, I will comment!! Okay, there we go!! Your Easter creations are AMAZING as all of your creations are!! These are just breath taking and I’m always so thrilled with the details you give us “less creative” crafters. Just Stunning my friend … thanks for sharing and I pray you & your family had a blessed holiday!!

16. nancy littrell says:

What a gorgeous, gorgeous work of art and so deserving of the beautiful frame. TFS and Easter Blessings to you Jerri and your family. TFS

17. This is a stunning work of art Jerri. Wow, I could just stare and stare. So much work went into it! How do you outdo yourself? Wow..

18. Lynne Phelps says:

Could you say a little bit about what kind of brass templates you are using for the dry embossing on this and the previous triptych?

19. Konnie Burlon says:

Jerri as always your work is just beautiful. You have such a gift for detail and color. I so enjoy how you share each creation with us. Thank you for the shopping list it has been such a help to me.

God Bless
    Konnie

20. Bev J. says:

In a word-Beautiful. tfs

21. Sandra McDonald says:

I would love to know what the specific Me & Carrie Lou – Leaf Stamp you used. I’ve been unable to identify it. Your work is beautiful and I really enjoy seeing your creations.

Thanks,
    Sandra

22. Janine says:

WOW!!!!! All I can say is WOW!!!

Oooooh, be still my beating heart!!!!!! Every time I think you have created your most spectacular masterpiece, you pull the rub out from under me and create something even more magnificent!!!! How on earth do you come up with such FABULOUS designs!!!???!!! The embossed panels are sooo gorgeous and the gold embossing, flower, leaves, colors, ribbon, dangling thingys…everything is better that perfect…is there such a word??

24. Wowzers, girl!!! Stunning, stunning, STUNNING!!!!!! You are amazing! THIS is amazing! Every thing you make leaves me with my jaw on the floor…but THIS is the most beautiful card I’ve ever seen…EVER! Incredible job!

25. Gail says:

Jerri,
    I love both of the Easter cards. You never cease to amaze me with the beauty of each of your designs. Can you tell me where to find the stencils you used to emboss these cards?
    Thanks,
    Gail Boyd

26. Paula says:

Wow! I just found your blog through ODBD. This is the type of work that I have been yearning for in the stamp world. I didn’t think cards this beautiful were being made. I love the detail work in your creations and will be inspired to create items this beautiful in the near future. Thanks again for the type of work you do!!!!

27. Becca Feeken says:

Thud!! Jerri I’m speechless – this is amazing girl!! Everything you touch carries the beauty you breathe into it hon!

28. This is gorgeous, Jerri!!!! I love love LOVE those crystals and pearls hanging on the gold cording. Oh my gosh that is so beautiful. Another fabulous creation!

29. Michele says:

This is truly a piece of art!!!

30. leslierich says:

Gorgeous, Jerri! Exquisite detail! I love the gold embossing with the red and white. And those real hinges…well…what’s not to love? Fabulous ornamentation! Simply stunning!

31. Silke Ledlow says:

Where in the world have I been that I’ve missed this amazing creation – LOL??? WOWzer Jerri – you’ve created another masterpiece!!! Absolutely stunning!!! Love all the wonderful details you have added – pure perfection!!!! Hugs ~S~

32. Shel9999 says:

Always such exquisite detail, Jerri! Absolutely amazing!

33. [...] Jerri Kay used the Bow-Easy on this unbelievable creation, Happy Easter. [...]