Apr 24 2009

Please Help Me Pray

Published by at 12:23 pm under Projects in General

My dear friend, Joan Fricker, of Joan’s Gardens has an urgent prayer request.  Please help me pray for her cousin, a young mother of three who just gave birth.  Her name is Mel Smith and she is in very critical condition.  I don’t know many of the details, it appears she has had complications from a normal birthing and there is massive hemorrhaging at the brain stem.  Please see Joan’s blog for further details.  Thank you so very much for your help in prayers.

And the prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well; the Lord will raise him up.  If he has sinned, he will be forgiven.  James 5:15

I haven’t posted in quite some time, we are in the middle of home renovations and my house is upside down. I do have a few designs completed and am waiting to get my photography spot back.  Photographs of my designs are taken on a table next to a window in my bedroom.  We are replacing the bedroom windows with hurricane glass and the area is presently a big mess . . . LOL!  Hopefully it won’t be much longer.

I wish you all a wonderful weekend with your family!

20 Responses to “Please Help Me Pray”

1. Oh my gosh, definitely saying prayers for that girl…oh my word.

2. Cindy Shea says:

Jerri I am so sorry to hear about your beloved family member. I too had a friends sister go through something very similar. It is a wonderful thing you are doing by being such a loving and supporting friend and family member at such a difficult time.

3. Becky says:

I offer another prayer in faith for your friend’s cousin, Mel Smith, I pray healing and strength, and recovery for her, and for you and her family, that you guys have strength of faith, and courage. From a friend who loves your blog.

4. mdcash says:

I will keep Mel in my thoughts and prayers.

5. Karen W says:

Please let her know our prayers are with her and her family. We miss your cards and will be so happy to have you back stamping.

6. Velta says:

Jerri ~I have heard about Joan’s cousin…and have been sending prayers her way…Nice of you to spread the word…I believe in “prayer in numbers”

7. Silke Ledlow says:

Jerri – I’m so sorry to hear this sad news. It suppose to be a joyful time having a baby!!! May God watch over Mel and I hope she’ll recover quickly!!! I definitely keep her and the family in my prayers!!!

8. Marian says:

Absolutely she is in my prayers! Thank you for posting her name as well, as it helps to use her name in prayer.
    Marian

9. Josefa Laura says:

O.M.G. I´m sorry, with all my hard i prayer for her and your family .

10. Konnie Burlon says:

Keeping Mel and her family in prayer for a complete recovery . At a time of joy to be filled with anxiety is so sad.

Konnie

11. Bev J. says:

Will keep your friend and family in my prayers-tfs.

12. Carolen says:

The power of prayer is exponential! Mel is in my thoughts and prayers.

13. Jill says:

I will add Mel and her family to my prayers…

14. wendy says:

My thoughts and prayers are with Joan
    loads of hugs and posative vibes flying her way
    Wendy x

15. Elaine M. says:

Our prayer groups is praying – thx for keeping us updated

16. Terri Jackson says:

Thank you Jerri for letting us know. I am praying for her right now! I just returned from Arkansas because my mother is in the last stages of breast and bone cancer and I try to go as often as possible to help my Dad. He is her primary care giver. If you wouldn’t mind, please add them to your prayer list too: Betty and Clark Welch. They are on pray lists all over the world and it is such a blessing to them and our family. I will add Mel and her family to our church prayer list tomorrow too! God Bless!!

17. Jerri,
    I’m praying for Joan’s cousin, Mel. I visit’s Joan’s blog often and will leave her a comment too.

God Bless you. Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

You have the most incredible artwork showcased here. What a beautiful blog and what stunning designs. Just found you and I’m ecstatic! Need to spend more time browsing, but I’m running to get ready for church, so I’ll have to come back later. You’re bookmarked. Just wanted you to know I noticed your prayer request and will be lifting Mel up. Hope you will post updates. Prayer is powerful! Blessings on your day!

19. Oh Jerri, this is stunningly beautiful and I love your pink bows!!!

Pam

I am so sorry to hear about Joan’s cousin’s health issues…prayers going her way right now!!!