May 15 2009

One More Comment On The Kit

Published by at 9:03 am under Projects in General

Ladies,  I just want to make sure you all understand that the kit is a kit, not a tutorial.  For those of you who have written me, I have sent information regarding what is and is not included in the kit.  It comes with a seven page instructional guide with small pics, illustrating the placement of the stencil on the paper.  I go step-by-step putting the card together, an electronic file will also be forwarded to you with large photos (22 I believe) showing you the step-by-step pictures as well.

Please note, while I give the names and numbers of the colored pencils I used, Caren d’Ache Pablo colored pencils (can be purchased at Dick Blick’s, I’ve provided a link on the tutorial), you can use Prisma’s by matching up the color names to Prisma colors, the kit does not include a tutorial for coloring the flowers.  It does give instruction on which colors are used on the leaves, the petals, the flower centers, etc.

When I designed this card for my mother, I had no idea of the response and that you all would want a kit.  I used the colored pencils of my choice, Caren d’Ache Pablo colored pencils.  Why?  Because Caren d’Ache Pablo colored pencils are oil based, Prisma’s are wax based.  While I love using Prisma’s as well, I chose the Caren d’Ache because the finished result is a softer, dreamier look when used with Gamsol.  However, if you have Prisma’s, they will be fine to use, it’s just a matter of preference.  Also note, a full-size colored photo of the finished card will be included in the electronic submission as a guide for you to follow when coloring.

9 Responses to “One More Comment On The Kit”

1. Doris Adams says:

I know you are working hard on this project. We much admire you for it. I can’t
    wait to get started. As ever, Doris Adams

2. Jerri Kay says:

Doris, I am not getting your e-mail address, I believe you’re typing my e-mail address in the lines above the blue box. You need to go to the side bar (over to the left) and click on “E-Mail Me”, then shoot me an e-mail. I cannot contact you as I don’t have your e-mail address. Thank you, Jerri

3. Beth Norman says:

Hurray for the kit! I can’t wait to get mine.

4. Velta says:

All I can say is whoopee!!! Cannot wait!!! AND above all, Thanks Jerri :)

5. Sue R says:

I am excited to get mine as well. I can’t wait till I get the instructions, kit and everything else is up and running smoothly for you. Your cards are so beautiful!!
    Thanks again Jerri:)

6. Dawn B. says:

I never saw this…Ugh. I don’t see your original post. I love your cards and would have been interested inthis.

7. jan gingrich says:

Dear Jeri,
    I just ran across your blog that a kit on this card is available. Is there any left that I could order one? Please let me know. It is gorgeous! Thanks so much.

8. Konnie Burlon says:

Jerri I don’t know how I missed the information about the kit, but I would like to order one if you have one left.
    Thanks so much,
    Konnie

9. debbie says:

hi jerri,
    i also would like a kit, please let me know what is included and the costs, i have looked all over your website, it is beautiful. thanks
    debbie