Jun 29 2009

Roses and Blackberries

Published by at 3:26 pm under Challenges,Dry Embossing,Stencils

blackberries-and-roses_edited-1.jpg

A few weeks ago Sharon published a challenge using half circles.  I wanted to play but had a few other commitments to get out of the way before I started this design.  The challenge called for large half circles to be part of the design.  Well I think I most certainly met that requirement!  There were no layouts to follow, we were to create our own.

I drew the design and transferred it to pearly White embossing paper.  I embossed the side circles first in carnation white and then in Pearly white and layered the pearly white on top of the carnation white.  I drew blackberries on both of the panels as well.  I’m providing a template I drew of the outer edge of the pattern for the half circles and the arch for the mauve paper to those who purchase the stencil.

After coloring the image, I made colored copies of it and reduced the image to 50% to make my own designer paper.  I embossed and cut three small fans and used the designer paper for the centers of the fan.

Small butterflies are adhered to the centers of the smaller bows and larger elegant butterflies were adhered to the larger bows.  The card has a card holder attached to the back that holds the card up for viewing.

blackberries-large-bow-2.jpg

A close up of the large bow.

blackberries-fan.jpg

A close up of the smaller bows and fan.

blackberries-102-copy.jpg

These are the stencils I used for the design.  The Lacy Basket stencil is approximately 5.5″ x 3″ and the Anja Style Fan is approimately 3″ x 1.5″.  The fan stencil comes with a larger fan that is approximately 5″ x 3″.  I ran the stencils through a Wizard to emboss the fan panels and the side panels.  The top center panel was embossed by hand.  I’ve had several questions about the time involved in embossing and cutting the stencils.  It merely took seconds to run the stencils through the Wizard, a couple of minutes to hand emboss a very small portion of the stencil for the top center panel.  The cutting of the two side panels took about 15 minutes each.  Cutting the fan was incredibly fast and easy, 2 minutes per panel and I was finished.  I free hand the cutting, but it can also be done by placing the stencil back over the embossed design and drawing lines with a pencil.  You can then use those lines as guidelines for the cutting.

Shopping info A Touch of Grace – Paper Boutique Lacy Basket stencil EH1856, Anja Style Fan #3 FE6117, Embossing Paper Colors used:  Pearly White, Carnation White, Mauve, Pergamano Tinta Gold, Tracing Pen, light box, 18K Gold Krylon pen, PergaKit 3D Adhesive, Caran d’Ache colored pencils, Removable Tape, Zip Dry adhesive, sanding paddle, blending stumps, parchment paper, Perga Soft, craft knife, stylus/embosser, Joy! Foam Pads, larger butterfly punch, All Night Media, small butterfly punch, Fancy Crafts.

Stamp Simply Ribbon Store – Bow Easy, lavendar silk ribbon

Thank you for visiting my blog, I truly appreciate your visit!

46 Responses to “Roses and Blackberries”

1. Vickie says:

Simply stunning, Jerri! I love the vintage images, colors and style, every detail right down to the silk ribbon. What a fun project. Thanks for sharing it, as well as the creating process.

2. Yvette says:

Ohh wow… now this is beautiful!!! Sooo soft and pretty!!! Stunning!

3. Paula says:

I could drool over your work all day! Thank you for sharing. It is so inspiring!

4. Ohhhhh the butterflies in the centers of the bows are TOOO CUTE!!

5. Laurie says:

As always, just beautiful!

6. Rebekka says:

This is simply elegant.. your coloring and design is awsome. where did the butterflies come from on the bows?

7. Karen W says:

OMG this is gorgeous, I haven’t even had time to play with the original kit yet, too much company but am looking forward to doing that. Just beautiful!!

8. Vicky Gould says:

You, my dear woman, are simply amazing!!! What a work of art!

9. Just breath-taking — that’s all I can say!!! Your drawn images are just fabulous, your coloring is divine. No matter how many try to emulate your style, you are most definitely the master of this style you have created! Each piece is totally amazing. I will never tire of viewing your creations! Thanks much for sharing!!!

Jerri, you just amaze me with your awesome creations. You certainly have capitaved this gorgeous style. I love the soft colors and your stencil is beautiful.
    I love it!!!

Joan

Just exquisite! Your watercoloring is simply stunning. Seeing one of your creations first thing in the AM always gets my day off to an uplifting start!

Jerri, this is so gorgeous and your artist talent is really amazing! I love the soft colors. You sure have alot of patience to do all that embossing, tracing, and using your templates! I totally envy you, gf, but in a good way…

13. Barbara says:

Hi Jerri,
    It now occurs to me what a labor of love this is. cutting each little out with your craft knife. All your pieces are stunning

14. Gorgeous as usual Jerri!

15. Pat says:

Amazing!!!

16. Conniecrafter says:

Amazing, Beautiful work of art!

17. Tami says:

Wow simply stunning work.. I love stopping here to see what you’ve come up with this time.. Thanks for sharing

Tami

18. Julie says:

I love love this. As soon as I can I want to order from you the stencils and embossing paper. Thank you so much for sharing with everyone.

19. Amy Johnson says:

I think your an artistic genius. I can’t believe you draw so beautifully. I love the butterflies on top of the bows. Its absolutely stunning as always.

20. Beth Norman says:

Wow, another stunning piece of art!

21. nancy littrell says:

OMG Jerri, Pure works of art ! You hand drew the berries? I am impressed. I love looking at all of your intricate details. TFS your beautiful and creative card and all the links.

22. Kathy says:

All of your work is absolutely exquisite; I wish I were able to take hands-on lessons from you. (I am from Idaho)

23. Sue R says:

It’s beautiful Jerri………I love how you made your own designer paper! Very cool:)
    Hugs

24. Carolen says:

WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!!
    WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!! WOW!!!

25. Valerie says:

Absolutley beautiful! I love the colors.

26. Velta says:

Jerri ~ Amazingly Beautiful!!! As always your art is just that…”art!” I love the blackberries, it reminds me of when I was a child and we would go “hunting” for blackberries and bring them home to my grandmother and cobblers would be baked for supper…with real…I mean “real” vanilla ice cream on top. Geez I was lucky with my childhood…Thanks for sharing !!

27. Sonya Appel says:

Awesome as always!!! I love your “china painting” artistry, I will have to dig out my dusty china painting books that I have held onto! Simply elegant and so beautiful.

28. Melanie Risk says:

I hope you plan to frame this because ti is simply a masterpiece.

29. CherylQuilts at SCS says:

Gorgeous is all I can say…Jerri, your artwork is exquisite! I am always so amazed by your hand-drawn images…no less the coloring and finishing. Amazing…please don’t stop! You’re so inspiring!

30. Oh Jerri……….this is absolutely breathtaking!!!! Your talent never fails to amaze me!

By the way, I just recently received by “Bow Easy” and I love it….thank you so much for enabling me!!!!LOL I also purchased some of Sharon’s beautiful silk ribbons…love them too!

31. This card is exquisite! Your talent takes my breath away, Jerri. I love to visit your art gallery.

32. A truely stunning card. I love the layout and the stencil work is magnificant. I love those little butterflies as well. Your talent is overwhelming.
    Hugs
    Heather

33. You fan design is stunning. The most elegant card I have ever seen.

It’s a WOWSER!

Sherry

34. Becca Feeken says:

Another stunner!! Simply gorgeous Jerri!

35. Absolutely STUNNING, Jerri! Every time I pull up your blog, my jaw hits the floor! …and you DREW your images?!?? What an incredible gift you have, girl! Exceptional!

36. Silke Ledlow says:

Hi Jerri!!! This is another masterpiece – what a gorgeous card!!! The stencil is WOW and your coloring is fab too!!! I love all the perfect elements you add to your creations!!!

Have a *Happy 4th of July* weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

37. Jenny Gropp says:

OH. MY. GOSH.
    Again Jerri… you amaze me. This is sooooo spectacular. So much detail and precise work involved. I want to know how long this took? It is de-lish!

Hey, Jerri…seems like ages since I came to visit you!!! I always brace myself for the gasp when I open your blog but I just can’t help myself…sigh!!! What a gorgeous card…so many beautiful details!!! I see you have your store up and running, too…well that does it….gotta go shopping!!! Hope you had a wonderful 4th and all is well on the home front!!! We just got back from vacation so I am still playing catch up!!

39. cwilliams says:

Wow Jerri, you do such beautiful work, it takes my breath away!! All the beautiful details, coloring and that ribbon are just wonderful!!

40. leslierich says:

Wow! Details, details! I’m so fascinated by your drawing and painting. This is an amazing piece of work, but then, your’s always are!

41. oh my heavens, Jerri! This is so, so stunning. Just breathtaking!!! Hoping I get to give you a big hug at CHA in a few weeks! You’ll be there, won’t you, especially since it’s in FL? (*fingers crossed!*)

42. Janine says:

Holy cow Jerri!!! This is absolutely amazing!! Hope all is well with you…

43. Kim Dellow says:

Very very pretty. Kim

This is so delicate is gorgeous, Jerri!! I love your pretty colors, and your bows look so lovely with the sparkly butterflies!!

45. Hi friend! How are you? This is truly beautiful Jerri! What amazing stencils they really give the design such great impact! Beautiful drawing and coloring! Love your little bows too, perfection!

We just returned from some vacation time. Now we’re tearing apart our kitchen for renos. Hope you’re having a restful summer!

46. diane says:

Gorgeous, so very pretty and vintage! I love it!!!!!