Oct 26 2009

Halloween Treat Bags

Published by at 9:46 pm under Halloween,Holiday,JustRite Stampers

halloween-ball-3-014-copy_edited-2.jpg

I made these Halloween treat bags for our table decorations.  They’re quick and simple to make and add so much to tabletop decorations.  We invited my mother-in-law over last night for dinner and she loved the Halloween treat bags, the ghost ballroom centerpiece and other goodies I have set up on the table.  These treat bags would be adorable for a school party.

halloween-ball-3-046-copy.jpg

This close up provides a better view of the tag.  You can better see the dimension of the mummy’s head and the glitter on the leaves and mouse.

To make the toppers for the treat bags I used the Witch Way to the Treats set by JustRite Stampers that I got from the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store for the mummy tag.  I colored the image with Prismacolor pencils.  I sponged Antique Linen and Old Paper distress ink around the edges of the paper and placed black pearls on the tag.  The mummy’s head was colored and cut out a second time and placed over the image using a foam dot.  Using punches, I punched a black circle and adhered the mummy image to it.  I used a Martha Stewart leaf punch and punched three leaves (two black, one ivory) and covered them with glitter and adhered them to the tag.  I added skeleton bones over the leaves.  The mouse is a Martha Stewart punch as well.  I glittered the mouse .   .   .  LOL .   .   . he’s so elegant!  Setting the tag aside, I filled a bag with candy and wrapped the topper around it.  I cut a black strip of paper 3″ x 8″ and used the Martha Stewart mice edge punch across the top of the black strip.  I scored fold lines and wrapped the black strip around the bag and stapled it on the sides.  I cut a 2″ x 8″ strip of ivory paper and randomly stamped black spiders from an Inkadinkadoo $1 stamp set I purchased at JoAnn’s and adhered it to the black paper using Zip Dry adhesive (Zip Dry was used exclusively on all the Halloween projects, including the ghost ballroom centerpiece).  I then adhered a black 1/2″ x 8″ strip of paper around the center of the topper and over that placed a 1/2″ x 8″ strip of ivory paper punched with the Martha Stewart mice edge punch.  Zip Dry is by far the best adhesive I have found to work with.  It dries very quickly and gives you a good firm hold, which is important in Florida with the high humidity.   I attached the mummy tag to the bag using foam dots, wrapped cording around the topper and tied a knot.  I love the little mice on top of the bag .  .  .  so adorable!

Shopping Links:

A Touch of GraceZip Dry adhesive, Foam Dots, Quickie Glue pen, Scor It, SU circle punches, Martha Stewart mice punches (Michael’s), black pearls, Old Paper and Antique Linen Tim Holtz Distress inks, Prismacolor pencils, black and ivory cardstock, Halloween bags, Genesis Paper Trimmer, cutting mat, craft knife, skeleton bones and accessories (Michael’s), glitter

Stamp Simply Ribbon StoreWitch Way to the Treats JustRite stamps, cording, Versafine black ink

Joan’s Gardens:  Martha Stewart leaf punch

28 Responses to “Halloween Treat Bags”

1. […] A Touch of Grace » JustRite Halloween Treat Bags […]

2. Robin McK says:

Jerri – this project is amazing! It totally makes me want that mouse edge punch from Martha! Thanks for sharing this great idea!

Robin

3. The only problem with those treat bags is that they are too cute to give away! :)

4. Oh man! Jerri, I am speechless. These are stunning! I love that Halloween can be elegant -LOL! Hugs,

5. Becca Feeken says:

Jerri these are so charming!

These bags are darling, Jerri. I love the mouse border and your tag is perfect. What fun.

Oh Jerri what a cute idea. I love your bags. Your idea of using the Martha Stewart
    punch on the top is terrific. Great colors too. As always everything is just beautiful.

Joan

8. Beth Norman says:

Nothing makes my day more than sitting down to the computer before I start work, a hot cup of coffee, and finding your blog post in my mailbox. Jeri, you did it again. You are so awesome!! Stink’n cute.

9. What absolutely gorgeous Halloween treat bags to receive! If I got one I’d never open it — I’d just look at it — TOTALLY yummy project!!! TFS!!!

I want that mouse edge punch too LOL! I have the large mouse but what you did with this is amazing! LOVE it, and love the simple color scheme. You’ve managed to make Halloween ELEGANT!

11. Pat says:

Jerri, Outstanding! This is elegantly executed. You have inspired me once again. My big and little friends will love this idea and I can’t wait to get started. First, off to Michaels for Martha’s mouse edge puncher. You should send this idea to the craft department of Martha Stewart Living, it would be a good promotional element for their line of halloween edge punchers for next year. Thanks for so generously sharing your creativity.

12. Velta says:

These are just great Jerri!!! Question: I just bought some Zip Dry and after one use I felt like it would clog so I cleaned out the tip and put the top back on. I do not want to keep cleaning after only one use. I use another, Scotch Quick Dry Adhesive and it works without having to clean the tip. However, I still would like to know how you use Zip Dry! Thanks!

13. Amy Sheffer says:

Oh my gosh, Jerri, these are adorable! The mouse border looks fantastic!

14. Michelle R says:

Awesome job, Jerri!!! Simply spook-tacular! LOL!

15. Ellek says:

I wanna be you when I grow up! Oops! At this rate I may never grow up lol. Love your treat bags. I am in awe of the way your creative mind works. Elle

Jerri, these little halloween bags are adorable and way too cute to hand out for sure! All your attention to detail is amazing, gf! Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

17. This looks like the party the mice in my house are having. I have mounted an all out assault but currently they are winning. Just love your entire ensemble. Love how you used the Martha Stewart punch at the top of the treat bag. Just shared your post on JustRite’s facebook page!! Love it!! So happy you are designing again!!

18. Silke Ledlow says:

Talking about YUMMY!!! These are so fun and they look FANTASTIC!!! Hugs ~S~

19. Maggie says:

You make me wanna spend, spend, spend! lol
    TFS Excellent job and your presentation is to die for.

Incredible packaging you’ve created here, Jerri!! I am loving the mouse bordering, and your adorable mummy!!

21. dcorder says:

EEK! I love how the mice border pops up over the edge! TOO COOL!

22. Peggy M says:

Hi Jeri.. I love your work and these treats are so special. Regarding Zip-Dry… try to find 3-in-1 glue.. it’s made by the same company (Beacon) and is half the cost of Zip-Dry… I’ve been using it for almost a year now and it’s perfect. My craft grotto is in my basement which is usually damp also. Let me know what you think. Best, Peggy

23. Conniecrafter says:

so cool, what a fun treat just to get the bag, the candy would be a bonus!

24. Tosh says:

Now this is just ultra clever and fun Jerri!! LOVE the border along the top of this darling treat bag!! And the sparkly rat…fabulous!!!

25. Ellek says:

My only problem is I can’t find Zip dry! Any suggestions? Because there are precious and perfect to beat. I was in need of some Halloween treat bags and your vision seems to inspire me all of the time! What fun they are! Ellek

26. leslierich says:

Love how you punched the border along the top and made the mummy dimensional. Your bags are pretty and spooky at once, and almost too great a table decoration to break into!

27. diane mcvey says: