Oct 29 2009

A Spooktacular Treat

Published by at 9:24 am under Halloween,Holiday,JustRite Stampers

halloween-ball-3-003-copy.jpg

For a really spooktacular treat for the older trick-or-treaters, I made these coffin boxes and stuffed them with bite size candy bars.  I found the templates for the boxes on the Martha Stewart Crafts site.  The inside of the box is lined with Halloween paper I purchased from Stampin’ Up! a couple of years ago.  I placed the mummy tag on a foam dot and adhered it to the top of the box similar to what I did with the broomstick treat bag.  The mummy tag was created with the JustRite Stampers Witch Way to the Treats set that I got from the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

halloween-ball-3-011-copy.jpg

The boxes are quick and easy to make.  The Martha Stewart Crafts site provides an easy to use template that you can download with instructions for making the box.  Use your imagination on how you want to design it!

Shopping Links:

A Touch of GraceZip Dry adhesive, Foam Dots, Quickie Glue pen, SU circle punches, Martha Stewart mouse and bat punches (Michael’s), black pearls, Old Paper and Antique Linen Tim Holtz Distress inks, Prismacolor pencils, black and ivory cardstock, lunch size paper bags, Genesis Paper Trimmer, cutting mat, craft knife, skeleton bones and accessories (Michael’s), glitter, SU Halloween paper, Basic Black cardstock,

Stamp Simply Ribbon StoreWitch Way to the Treats JustRite stamps, cording, Versafine black ink

Joan’s Gardens:  Martha Stewart leaf punch

18 Responses to “A Spooktacular Treat”

1. Robin McK says:

Hi Jerri!
    Your Halloween projects have been amazing! Great job!

Robin

2. Michelle R says:

With all the awesome projects you made for Halloween, I can’t WAIT to see what you do for Christmas! :-) I love them all, Jerri!

3. You are so Amazingly creative! I sure hope those trick or treaters appreciate all your work!

4. Oh my gosh, Jerri!! These are awesome! Love these ghoulish little things! Of course I’m headed over to Martha’s right now to print the template. TFS the link!!

5. Silke Ledlow says:

These little coffin’s are *SPOOK-TACULAR* – Jerri!!! I really love how you decorated them…!!! Have a fun Halloween!!! Hugs ~S~

Very cute and fun, Jerri!

7. Velta says:

Very, very creative, especially with those skeletons…I love how you positioned them on the top of the box…not just your ordinary full blown skeleton…no, you had to hack them to pieces!!! LOL

8. Maggie says:

EEK! Can I borrow your brains for just one day? I promise I’ll give ’em back. Bwaaahaahaaa! LOL

9. Pat says:

Good morning! I feel like a little kid in the morning because I can’t wait to see the morning’s post. I’m headed over to MSL to download the coffin box template. I like the colorful happy paper you used to line the inside of the coffin. Thanks so very much for sharing. Pat

Jerri, these are so darn cute! I know the older ones will love getting one of these for sure. Happy Halloween to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11. Nimue says:

Thanks for the link to the templates, Jerri. I’ll be making these for my grandbabies for sure.

Ooooh, I’m coming to your house for trick or treat, Jerri!!! I love your little Halloween coffin treat boxes…sooo fun with the pretty paper liner and spooky details!!!! Have a fun Halloween, gf!!!

13. Oh my gosh Jerry Kay! This is too stinkin’ cute!! What a fun, fun, fun idea!

14. Linda Ellington says:

Jerri the trick or treat boxes are great I just love them thanks so much for sharing!!!

15. leslierich says:

Oh, how cute!! The coffin boxes are so fun, and the older kids would just love them!

Your Halloween goodies are so cute, and so fun…Jerri!!

17. Oh my GOSH!!! HOW did I miss these coffins boxes – they are way, way too cute!!! You can even make a scary Halloween item look so elegantly LOVELY on your beautiful table — LOL!!! WAY to go — I LOVE these!!! Fun, fun!!!

18. Sue C. says:

Again, very beautiful work. Thank you so much for the tutorial. You always do a nice job at explaining everything.