Jan 22 2010

Brass Stencils Meet Up With Wild Prairie Roses

justrite-prairie-roses-enlarged-026-copy_edited-1-copy.jpg

Today I have a lot of pictures to show you of a project I designed for my guest bedroom.  It will hang on a wall in three panels as shown.  It was nearly impossible to get close ups of the entire set so I decided to take several pictures and try to piece it all together.  The image you see above is from the Plant a Little Love set from JustRite Stampers.

I stamped the image on xerox paper and then blew it up to 180% on a copy machine.  I traced the pattern onto Parchment paper.  I absolutely love these new floral sets from JustRite.  This design illustrates how versatile they are.  I chose only a portion of the Wild Prairie Rose image for this design.  You can see here the card I made using the entire stamp.

justrite-prairie-roses-enlarged-005-copy_edited-1-copy.jpg

Using Anja Style Stencil FE 6124 I designed a custom frame for the center panel.  The center panel was designed with Open Passe-Partout Stencil EH 1824.  The frame measures 8 1/2″ x 6 3/4″ (not including the silk hanger and bow).

justrite-prairie-roses-enlarged-007-copy_edited-1-copy.jpg

The Wild Prairie Rose image was transferred onto Carnation White embossing paper from the Parchment paper (pictoral illustrations for this technique are shown here toward the bottom of the tutorial), as were the other panels and then watercolored.  I used Gold Tinta Ink to trace over the graphite lines with a Mapping Pen (pictoral illustrations for this technique are shown in the link I just provided in the previous sentence).  This panel measures 6 1/2″ x 4 3/4″ (not including the silk hanger and bow).

justrite-prairie-roses-enlarged-008-copy_edited-1-copy.jpg

Small silk magenta bows were placed on the lower corners of both the left and right panels.  Tiny butterflies were punched from a Fancy Crafts Twin Punch and adhered randomly on the panels.  This panel measures 6 1/2″ x 4 3/4″ (not including the silk hanger and bow).

justrite-prairie-roses-enlarged-018-copy_edited-1.jpg

I sketched rose buds on the four corners of each of the panels and watercolored them with Schminke watercolor paints. I wanted to show you this close up of one of the buds as it’s so small in the other pictures, you can’t see the detail.

jr-pr-a.jpg

A frontal view to illustrate how the design will be hung on the wall.  I will try to come back and provide another picture once the design is hung on the wall.

justrite-prairie-roses-enlarged-017-copy_edited-1.jpg

This close up of the left panel gives you a closer view of the detail.  There are several layers on each of the panels of this design.  I used an 18Kt. Gold Krylon Pen around the edges of all of the panels.  An X-Acto Craft Knife was used to cut out the stencils.  I used Silver Gray embossing paper on the inner panels on which the small rose buds were painted.  Dark Purple embossing paper was used on the lower panels, as well as Black embossing paper.

justrite-prairie-roses-enlarged-016-copy_edited-1-copy.jpg

This close up of the large center panel better illustrates the embossing and cutting of the custom frame.  I added Joy!Craft Pale Yellow Pearls to this panel.

justrite-prairie-roses-enlarged-020-copy_edited-1-copy.jpg

I love the gold lines on the Deep Purple embossing paper.  I used a clear grid ruler and came in 1/8″ and drew them with a Gold Gel PenJoy!Craft Foam Pads were used for dimension between the layers.

justrite-prairie-roses-enlarged-023-copy_edited-1.jpg

To emboss the panels I used the Wizard. To emboss the custom frame I used a light box with Embossing & Stylus tools.  For ease of embossing I used Perga Soft embossing wax.  In this picture you can see the beautiful lustre of the pearls, they look so real. As you can see, they are almost completely round, only a tiny portion of the bottom side is flat giving the illusion of complete roundness.  By using only a small portion of the Open Passe Partout EH 1824 stencil, I embossed the top portion of the panel that has been watercolored.

justrite-prairie-roses-enlarged-025-copy_edited-1.jpg

From the angle of this shot, you can see the raised panels of the design from top to bottom.

justrite-prairie-roses-enlarged-027-copy_edited-1-copy.jpg

If you are interested in a copy of the template for the custom frame, please leave a comment in your order and I will be happy to send it along with your purchase.

Shopping:

A Touch of Grace – Paper Boutique – Open Passe Partout EH 1824, Anja Style Stencil FE 6124, Plant A Little Love, Parchment Paper, Carnation White, Silver Gray, Deep Purple, and Black embossing paper, Gold Tinta Ink, Mapping Pen, Krylon 18KT Gold Pen, Perga Soft, Embossing & Stylus Tools, Fancy Crafts Twin Punch, Joy!Craft Pale Yellow Pearls, Joy!Craft Foam Pads, X-Acto Craft Knife, Gold Gel Pen, Zip Dry Adhesive, May Arts Ribbon, Bow Easy, Genesis Paper Trimmer

Thanks so much for stopping by.  I hope to be back next week with more designs!

52 Responses to “Brass Stencils Meet Up With Wild Prairie Roses”

1. rainy says:

Oh Jerri!! These exquisite creations quite completely melt my heart! The colors, the detail, the design… so Jerri… so beautiful… so perfect.

2. Rebekka says:

Jerri these are stunning, just stunning..

3. Karen W says:

Oh my exquisite is right but I have no words for how gorgeous these are. Just beautiful.

Jerri, These are exquesite!

5. Oh my GOODNESS, girl, these are awesome. I love everything you do! Flawless!

6. Bev Marubbio says:

Gorgeous. The time and effort you take to produce these must be incredible. So elegant … I’m in awe.

Jerri, these are just stunning. Beautiful, gorgeous, wonderful!!!!!
    Joan

8. ValerieC says:

Speechless….just beautiful!!!

9. Rama says:

Fabulous,exquisite, WOW, love looking at your work. You do put in a lot of thought, time and love into each and everyone of your projects.

10. Truly gorgeous, Jerri — truly! You’ve taken the JR stamp images to a new level! AMAZING!!!! I can just imagine how gorgeous these are hanging on your guest bedroom wall – TFS!!!!

11. OMG! These are gorgeous. Stopping by to thank you for subscribing to my Youtube channel. Lucky for me, now I have your beautiful blog to view.

12. Sandra says:

wow …. amazing … these are beautiful!
    Sandra

13. Linda says:

Jerri, these are so gorgeous. I just love every little detail. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful talent and caring spirit.

14. Beverly Robinson says:

Just beautiful…..Beverly

15. Carolen says:

Stunning! Especially love the centre one!

Jerri, another beautiful work of art! I know your guests will simply love being in that room w/this wonderful creation hanging on the walls. I love all the attention to the little details that are on these wall hangings. They are so gorgeous, gf!

Oh, Jerri, gorgeous! I’ll be down to visit <>.

Your designs never fail to amaze me!

18. Oh Jerri! You’ve absolutely given this set LIFE! What a beautiful work of the heart too!. So beautifully and delicately colored…and your textures are so stunning too!

19. Linda Cloer says:

WOW! You absolutely amaze me! What wonderful work! Thanks for sharing!

20. Judy Covey says:

Oh Gerri, these cards are GORGEOUS to the max! I’ve got to really spend some time studying the whole procedure and then will probably want to looking into make a purchase (or two or three!). You are a true artist.

21. Ellek says:

I am beyond impressed with you esquisive detailed work. I still would feel like I died and went to heaven if I could sit across from you and watch you create. Such works of art! ElleK

22. Lenoria says:

These are wonderful! I am ordering some of the items so I can play around with them. I love looking at your designs and I am so glad you give instructions on how you create them. I would love to see them in real life because I know they are even more breathtaking. Thanks for all your time!

23. Thelma says:

You make my day when you post a new project, Jerri. These are really fabulous and I’m sure they add a beautiful touch to your bedroom.

24. Sallie says:

Beautiful. Just simply beautiful. I want to try this. It is too bad my hands do not receive the same message yours do. :)

25. Oh Jerri….these are absolutely stunning, but then everything you create is breathtaking, in MHO!!! Your guest bedroom must be so beautiful!!! Are the tiny butterflies done using a punch, is so, where could I find one?

Pam

26. Chris K says:

Your work absolutely takes my breath away. These are stunning! Love the colors and as always your watercolor work is flawless.

27. Glenda J says:

What absolutely stunning and fabulous creations. If you ever decide to sell them (or any of your other wonderful creations), please contact me first!!!!! I could never do anything like you do but would love to have at least one! Thanks for all you share!

28. Kathy says:

I don’t know how anyone can create such a beautiful picture. It makes me want to try it and I plan to order the products to see what I can do. You are amazing!!

29. Michelle R says:

This is just fabulous, Jerri!

30. Sarah says:

When I open my e-mail and see your blog has an update, I can’t wait to see what you have created. Your artwork is so beautiful. Thanks for sharing your creativitiy.

31. Barbara R says:

Absolutely breathtaking Jerri! I can’t believe the beauty of your talents and creativity!!

32. Deb Saaranen says:

My, my, Jerri! What a stunning set of beauty to hang on your guest bedroom wall! Takes my breath away!

33. […] A Touch of Grace » Brass Stencils Meet Up With Wild Prairie Roses […]

34. Karen Baker says:

Jerri, I’m in awe, as always. Just can’t wait to see your creations. Thank you so much for sharing your talent. Your art is always amazing.

35. Cindy Cade says:

These are so nearly divine that they are sure thus inspired. So lovely to behold. How much joy they must bring to you and your family!

36. Beth Norman says:

You must have the most elegant house in the city. Your projects are always so very beautiful and professional (no flaws). This is another wonderful project.

37. Conniecrafter says:

Oh wow these are just stunning, such a beautiful decoration for your guest room!

38. Silke Ledlow says:

Jerri – my sweet friend!!! You are blowing me away with these gorgeous wall creations!!! All I can say is WOW…you are doing magic with the JR images!!! Hugs ~S~

39. velta says:

LOL…of course you have 39 responses…I am not at all surprised girl…Your 40th response is at a loss for words…head fell on my chest when I saw this! Again, you have perfected another creation!! Thank you for sharing!

40. Lori M says:

Jerri, I just know that all aspects of the paper crafting world loves you!
    You inspire both artists and companies to go above each new level.
    Beautiful as always.

I’ve been gone a week and have missed two new post! Thx for continuing to share with us all.

Continued blessing

41. Nancy says:

What a breathtaking creation! I imagine it looks beautiful on the wall! Your attention to detail and the expanse of your creativity is mind boggling. I love “stalking” your blog to see what new beauties you have come up with!

Hi Jerri…looks like you have been busy creating some magic, gf!!!! This is such a gorgeous set!!!!! I just love the rich, elegant colors and details….I guess I’ll have to come visit so I can see this beauty IRL!!!!! I’m at CHA right now…miss seeing your sweet self!!!!

Such gorgeous and amazing artwork for your guest room, Jerri!! Your details and coloring blows me away, girl!!

44. Becca Feeken says:

Oh Jerri, I have so missed coming to see what you were up to my friend! These designs are simply heavenly! Your work is exquisite!

45. Just breath-takingly beautiful, Jerri, as everything is that you create! Wow!

46. Janine says:

W-O-W!!! That’s all I can say!!!

47. Amy Sheffer says:

I’m speechless! Jerri, these are divine!

48. Jerri this is absolutely gorgeous!

Elaine x

49. Debby says:

Oh my this is stunning! I could never make anything so beautiful!

50. Barbara says:

WOW these are beautiful!

51. Your work is so beatiful and i get so inspired . Thank you!

Karina from Denmark