Apr 13 2010

Playing with Techniques

pergamano-ple-012a-copy.jpg

I had a chance this past weekend to play a little more with parchment craft.  I left off in a previous post with The Techniques – Vol. 3 in which I illustrated techniques here, here (dorsing and line technique), and here (line technique).  Today I’m back with another technique in the book, painting with the Perga Colors Exclusive markers.  Both the line technique and painting technique are painted with the Pergamano #2 Round Kolinsky paint brush.  I used a Quickie Glue Pen to adhere the glitter.

pergamano-ple-023-copy.jpg

I drew the butterfly last summer and placed it in a folder with other drawings I’ve done, this is the first time I’ve used it in a design.  The butterfly was traced on regular Parchment paper.  The stippling technique was used on the outline of the wings.  I used the fine mesh grid and arrow tool for the three areas in the wings with small holes.  The 2-needle perforating tool was used to perforate around the butterfly, as well as within the wings for the lace look.  The 4-needle tool and parchment scissors were used to make the crosses.  I used a small ball embossing tool to emboss the butterfly’s abdomen and a large ball embossing tool for the outline of the wings that were stippled. Stippling was done with the 1-needle tool.  I also used both embossing tools to emboss the back of the painted flowers.  I used the large ball embossing tool to emboss the round circles within the crosses.   The outer lines around the edge of the card were also stippled, which shows well in the above picture.

pergamano-ple-045-copy.jpg

Isn’t the card so pretty!  A pattern and instructions come with the Perga Colors Exclusive markers to make this card (I’m including a copy of the drawing of my butterfly as well).  Keep in mind that the instructions tell you which techniques to use, but do not teach you the techniques, the assumption being that you already know them.  The card measures 5-1/2″ x 5-1/2.”  The butterfly was adhered to the card with PergaKit 3D Adhesive, the dimension is better shown in the first picture.  The inside of the card is lined with Pastel Rainbow parchment paper (not sold in my store; however, I’d be happy to order it for you).

pergamano-ple-016-copy.jpg

To see the blue and violet colors really “pop,” I photographed the card on a blue felt liner from my light tent.  Wouldn’t this be a beautiful birthday, Mother’s Day, or even a “thinking of you” card!

Shopping:

A Touch of Grace – Paper Boutique:

Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate your visit!

37 Responses to “Playing with Techniques”

1. STUNNING! I pretty much am speechless. I am overwhelmed just looking at it. You are such a crafty genius Jerri! Hugs to you!

2. Rebekka says:

OH My Word..This is just stunning, this butterfly is just gorgeous.

3. Margaret says:

Beautiful! All of it! Amazing! Everything you make is so delicate and elegant. Thanks for sharing.

4. Another beauty! Thanks so much for sharing your talent with us. Your work is just amazing!
    Hugs
    Amanda

Oh, my! This is gorgeous jerri!

6. Karen W says:

All of your parchment is just gorgeous, you do such a fabulous job with it.

7. Silke Ledlow says:

BREATHTAKING!!! WOW WOW WOW!!! Love your butterfly Jerri!!! Hugs ~S~

This is gorgeous! So delicate and the colors are beautiful. It’s so hard not to repeat myself, all of your work is just breathtaking! Thanks for sharing.

I am speechless! This is the most beautiful one I have seen yet!

Jerri, you have absolutely mastered this technique! No words can describe the beauty of this, but breath-takingly gorgeous, gf!

11. Tonniece says:

STUNNING Jerri, WOW

12. Barbie says:

simply beautiful. the details are amazing, the piece so delicate. it should be encased in a glass box for all to see. thank you for a beautiful image to start my day.

13. Peggy Allen says:

WOW! Beautiful! How do you do it.
    God bless!

14. cyga4 says:

butterfly look like a dream, fine work

That sound you just heard was my jaw hitting the floor. Oh my gosh, Jerri, this is amazing.

16. Susan G says:

Simply STUNNING!!
    Love your work,
    Susan

17. Velta says:

I swear…and I know I should not!!! But I do, you are an artist extrodinaire (sp?)…Jerri your work is detailed and intricut (sp? again). Wish I had spell check…at any rate…again a masterpiece!!! Thank you for sharing!!

18. Elaine says:

WOW, beautiful!!

19. Carol Southern says:

You have taken to this craft like a duck to water. To think you have only been doing this for a short time is unbelievable. The cut and grid work is fantastic. This piece is outstanding. I do love your butterfly, it’s so elegant.

20. Desiree says:

Wow! Your card is amazing, and so gorgeous!!

21. Mary Roberson says:

Only one word comes to mind–Stunning!

I’m always in awe of your talent. Your work
    is so detailed and with clean lines. Polished
    and professional, as always:) Awesome job!

22. Janet Castle says:

Absolutely beautiful!!!!

23. Heather says:

I don’t know what to say – you’ve done it again 😉
    This butterfly is so delicate it needs but a breath to take flight. How precious!
    BTW, we’re about to have our April showers here in Montreal. With a bit of luck, the magnolias will blossom soon, then the lilacs, then les muguets (lily of the valley) and then finally the fluffy peonies make their entrance. I’ll begin my journey to flower heaven – finally!
    Of course, when I visit with you here, I see lovely flowers always in bloom :)
    Thank you for sharing beauty!

24. Wowwwwwww, girl, totally STUNNING!

25. Lori M says:

Jerri

Your Pergamano is beautiful! However, you have mastered this with your other card creations in your own version of Pergamano and they are truly just as beautiful.

Thx for sharing your gift with so many of us.

Continued blessings

26. Cathy Hughes says:

Okay….you got me! Just placed an order for the markers and books 1, 2, 3, & 4. I will be back for the others later. I can’t wait.

Cathy

27. Sue C. says:

Jerri, Thank you for sharing your great talent. What a beautiful card. Will you be selling your butterly image? It is lovely.

28. Debbie G says:

Beautiful! Love your butterfly. I am trying to teach myself parchment craft, so I am glad I found your blog.

29. Hi Jerri, Your work is absolutely stunning..whenever I need a hit of inspiration I always visit your blog and never go away disappointed..Thankyou for your creativity and this work of art is no exception:) Beautiful xxLynn (Australia)

30. Oh, how wonderful to spend such quality time with your craft, and to create such a work of beauty! So many delicate details and extraordinary coloring. A treasure, Jerri!

The butterfly is sooo delicate and beautiful, Jerri…love the colors and other details you added, too!!!! Absolutely gorgeous work, my friend!!!

32. Tosh says:

You must have the patience of a saint!! All those fine and stunning details!! That butterfly is priceless!! Gorgeous work of art!!

33. This is absolutely over the top. Perhaps one of my FAV’s you have created! LOVE the range of colors and still the delicate feel – TOTALLY WONDERFUL!

34. Hello, my name is Sergio SAGIC, I am delighted with their work, mostly on parchment, and wonderful … I learned a lot watching and reading about their work, and am interested in acquiring some of the materials that you use for these wonderful works, ….
    Bravo for your beautiful work.
    A big hug!
    Sergio SAGIC
    Sao Paulo, Brazil

35. […] Pergamano — Playing With Techniques  […]

36. Annette Johnson says:

Absolutely Beautiful! This inspired me to pull out my books and tools again!