Apr 19 2010

Parchment Craft Gift Ensemble

stacey-2-031-copy.jpg

Hi there, I’m thrilled you stopped by to visit.  Today I have a gift ensemble to share with you; a card, a gift bag, and a gift card holder. I stepped out of my comfort zone with these designs.  I’m not fond of the color orange and challenged myself to use it in a design with moss green and white.

stacey-2-020-copy.jpg

Marianne Designs now has cutting stencils that are available in Europe called Creatables.  I used the Creatables Frame sets for these designs, as well as three punches.  To make the large white flowers, I used a Martha Stewart hydrangea punch.  The small flowers were made with a Fancy Crafts Twin Punch.  This card is large, it measures 5-1/2″ x 7,” I think it’s the largest card I’ve ever made!

stacey-2-021a-copy.jpg

I attached Joy!Craft white pearls in the centers of the flowers and around the frame.  The white parchment layer was embossed and cut with Pergamano perforating and embossing tools.  All flowers and butterflies were embossed using various size embossing tools.  The fern leaves were punched and painted with Tinta Leaf Green ink.  I used Joy!Craft Foam Pads to add dimension to the layers.  An 18Kt. Gold Krylon pen was used to edge the layers in gold.

stacey-2-034-copy.jpg

To make the orange flowers, using regular parchment paper, I ran the flower dies that come with the Creatables through a Cuttlebug.  I painted the flowers using Perga Colors Exclusive markers using techniques I learned in The Techniques – Vol. 3.  The black stamens were also made with one of the Creatables’ dies.  After the flowers were dry, I embossed them on a Pergamano embossing pad.  All flowers were layered and adhered using PergaKit 3D Adhesive and Perga Glue.  I drew the leaves on Regular Parchment paper and painted them with Green Leaf Tinta Ink.  When dry, I cut them with scissors and used the Fine Embossing Stylus to emboss the veins.

stacey-2-019-copy.jpg

I made the gift bag from a pattern in a retired Pergamano book by Martha Ospina.  The bag was made with Regular Parchment paper.  I dorsed the back side of the parchment paper using an orange Dorso crayon from the  Dorso Lively Colors Pastels and blended it with Dorso Oil to create a creamy peach color.  I embossed and cut the pattern on the bag using Pergamano embossing and perforating tools and parchment scissors, creating slits for the ribbon.

stacey-2-033-copy.jpg

I included this photo to give you a closer look at the tiny white and peach flowers.  They were created with the Fancy Crafts Twin Punch that I used to make the butterflies.  To make the tiny flowers, I embossed the butterflies on an embossing mat until they rolled into small balls.  Each small flower is two butterflies, one being rolled in a smaller ball to place inside the larger one for multiple petals. The twin punch also has a small flower.  I used that to create the calyx for the small flowers. If you look closely at the clusters of small flowers, you can see bits of the green calyxes. Would you have guessed those small flowers were made from the same punch as the small white butterflies you see on the scrolls and flower petals? You can see the parchment design on the bag much better in this photo.  I love the tiny crosses created with the parchment scissors. The small flowers are a little more than 1/8 of an inch in size.

ETA:  Heather left a comment below about the small size of the flowers and having difficulty with her fingers making them.  Well Whack me on the head . . . Duh . . . I used the Pergamano tweezers to hold ALL the tiny pieces, i.e., butterflies, flowers, and black stamens.  I also used them the put the flowers together with adhering the layers.

stacey-2-blog-3-copy.jpg

I’m giving the card and gift bag to a friend for her birthday.  I made this gift card holder to place inside the bag, it’s approximately 4″ x 2.75,” a perfect size for a gift card.  I created a pocket on the inside to hold the gift card.  The bow was created using the Bow Easy and May Arts 1.5″ silk ribbon from the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.

Shopping:

A Touch of Grace – Paper Boutique

Thank you so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate your visit!

48 Responses to “Parchment Craft Gift Ensemble”

1. Becca Feeken says:

Jerri you have been one busy lady! This is lovely, of course. I would say that you won in the challenge for melon and moss my friend!

2. Judy says:

Just marvelous as always. I am so jealous of your talent.

EAch piece is a wonderful work ao art, Jerri!

4. Vicky Gould says:

Awesome, Jerri, awesome. I love the orange!

5. Amanda says:

Oh Jerri, all of these creations are just gorgeous!!! You surely are one extremely talented lady. I can sit and stare at it for hours and everytime I look at it, I see something else that is just fantastic. Love the orange and moss green combination.
    Have a great week!!

6. Rama says:

Awesome as always. Every post holds beautiful suprises. Just love your work. You do not disappoint.

7. Wit Whewwwwww! LOVE the bold and bright colors!!

Beautiful Jerri, although I am not a fan of orange either, this would definitely help me change my mind!

Orange WAS probably my least fav color. Now it is my most fav! WOWZA girl, you outdid yourself!

10. Karen Baker says:

Awesome as always, Jerri. Love ,love, love these gifts!! You have sent me back to my parchment craft supplies. Keep inspiring! Your site is my favorite.

Thanks for sharing your beautiful work! You’ve make me want to try this paper technique. I can’t wait till I get my supplies. Thanks again, Jessica

12. Carol R says:

How exquisite your gifts are! I love the color orange and find all of these projects just beautiful! What patience you have to build it. I love the orange ribbon weaved through the openings on the gift bag. And using the butterfly to make the tiny flowers is a great idea! What a beautiful gift to give your friend.

13. Velta says:

Hi Jerri!!! You have put so many intricate details in all three of these creations. Orange would be way out of my comfort zone too, but it certainly did not seem to bother you!! Absolutely stunning! Those tiny crosses are amazing…I just do not know how you have the patience…but it certainly is worth every bit!!! Have a great week girl and thank you for sharing!!

Jerri, simply stunning and I love the bold colors even though they were out of your comfort zone!

15. Cec says:

These are all fabulous and your friend should love each piece. I think the orange makes everything just pop. I have some Pergamano supplies and really must tackle a project again You have inspired me but I know I won’t be able to make anything quite this intricate. Your work is truly art.

16. These pieces are all gorgeous, I love the color combination, it really works with the delicacy of parchment craft. Thank you for all the detail in your post, I’m sure it takes a lot of work to share all this with us.

17. Cathy Green says:

This is just beautiful as are all the creations you make! I always enjoy opening up your blog and seeing the fabulouse things there are! Thanks for sharing them with us. But I do have a question….how long do you work on these projects? They look very time consuming. but I’m sure the more you do, the quicker it gets. Whatever time it takes….they are worth it!!!

18. Sandy L says:

You did a fabulous job here. These are stunning! I also enjoy your blog and love to see each project you create. You are talented and creative and you make my day a little brighter. Thank you!

19. Emily says:

They are all so beautiful! Each one is so delicate and pretty. Thank you for sharing! :o)

20. Emily says:

Oh yes, and the little butterflies rolled up into flowers are totally amazing! WOW!!!!

21. Carol Froehlidh says:

You are one of the most talented artists on the blog scene. I always look forward to seeing your next project. These cards are Gorgeous!! Words can’t really even describe the beauty of these cards.

Thank you for sharing your AMAZING talent!!

22. Susan G says:

Totally Gorgeous!! and I am sure very time consuming!

Susan

23. Sonya says:

Stunning!! The colors are absolutely gorgeous! Love the new dies!

24. Maggie says:

Thud!

25. Silke Ledlow says:

Amazing set Jerri, absolutely amazing!!! Hugs ~S~

26. Absolutely stunning!!

27. Heather says:

My, oh my! I was following along, oohing and awing, taking it all in when I suddenly stopped short in my breath. I came upon the part where you mentioned the small flowers are only 1/8th of an inch. Yowzaa, but them’s teensy, but gosh, they are gorgeous! I wonder if I can get my fingers to do that?! It may take some coaxing-lol!
    Funny how you mention orange as out of your comfort zone. I’ve never been a fan of orange as I usually prefer softer more pastel colours and usually in the pink range. As luck would have it, the best colour I use when colouring flowers (roses in particular) is orange. I get the shading best with this colour. Go figure. Outside our comfort zone may well be where we ought to spend more time :)
    Thanks for sharing these gems! I love visiting and I love being surprised by your creations. I never know how you can top what you’ve just done, but you always do.

28. Carol Southern says:

WOW, what a work of art, just stunning. What you did with the white flowers is fantastic and I love that orange one, it’s perfect. You are doing exceeding well with the craft. One great talent.

29. Chris K says:

Stunning as always! I love the orange and green and your parchment work is gorgeous.

30. Barbara Riefner says:

Your newest creation is absolutely lovely as usual!!! You have such a wonderful design sense. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!!!!

31. Sue K (Australia) says:

my jaw – is on the floor – AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! this is absolutely stunning – i really hope that the recipients of your cards realise how lucky they are and how much effort you have put into them – thank you again for sharing your talent jeri – definitely God given

32. Janet Castle says:

Absolutely Beautiful!!!! Thank you for sharing!!!

33. Rufus says:

I really don’t know what to say, other than WOW! I hope whoever is getting this realizes what a VERY lucky lady she is. Like you, I don’t even like orange, but this really turned out extremely well!
    Again, WOW
    R/

34. Cherie says:

Awesome! Love the colors even tho they are out of your comfort zone! These gift are truly stunning! Thanks for sharing!

35. Judith -Overland Park, KS says:

Jerri,

What beautiful projects. Love, love the colors you chose and you are an inspiration. Thank you for sharing.

36. I’m so glad you did oranges Jerri! Even when they’re not your favourite color – because WOW does it ever look fantastic! Amazing details! Those teeny tiny flowers! Oh my!

Ooooh, Jerri…I LOVE the orange and green color combo…sooo pretty and all three projects are abaolutely FABULOUS!!!! The cut work is total perfection and I love all the punched flowers!!! I think I need that hydrangea punch!!!

38. *Sigh* What I wouldn’t give for just an ounce of your talent. Well, at least I get to look at it! :) Come to Colorado and teach me your ways, oh wise one.

39. Tosh says:

Stunning projects Jerri! Your color combination is gorgeous!! And your flowers…girl…they are fabulous!! Your work is not only exquisite, it’s inspirational!! I’m in awe!!!

40. Helen L. says:

Fantastic!!! Orange is my favorite color, and you totally wowed us with your rendition!!
    TFS!

41. rainy says:

The orange looks beautiful, Jerri. The detailing.. the gorgeous incredible detailing on the parchment and throughout the entire set is so stunning. Amazing as always!!

42. Seriously. No gift card needed. That is a gift itself!!!…just GORGEOUS!

43. Charlette says:

WOW! All of your work is nothing but outstanding. I just love visiting your blog. And this orange card is just wonderful. The detailing on this card again wow. Thanks for sharing.

44. These are ALL so lovely! I LOVE how you’ve used the orange — didn’t realized you weren’t fond if it — LOL — I really love orange, especially in clothing, but don’t use it all that often myself in cardmaking. Your creations with it are gorgeous! The detailing you incorporate is AMAZING!!! Time and time again!

45. jane says:

Well, for someone that doesn’t care for the color orange, you certainly did a fantastic job of “moving out of your comfort zone”! These are absolutely beautiful! But then…I don’t believe that I have ever seen anything that you have ever done that wasn’t incredible! You have so much talent, and it is obvious that you love it as well…such an inspiration to those of us that hope to one day have the time to try some of these other paper crafts! I have 4 children @ home, 8-16, and time is hard to come by…but I know that one day I will have more time on my hands than I know what to do with. Thank you for sharing your awesome creations!!!

46. jane says:

Oh, and Jeri…I must ask…the background paper used…did you hand letter the caligraphy with the gold krylon…I saw no mention of pre-printed paper, but did note the pen…

Was just wondering since I would LOVE to have some paper like that!!!

Just another Fan,

jane

47. Lizanne Pacheco says:

Hi Jerri, your work is stunning , needless to say.Ive just fallen in love with your work.I would like to purchase some things from you.Before that I have some queries.Could you let me know your email address so that I could mail you?

Thanks