May 24 2010

Stephen’s Baptism

Published by at 12:31 pm under Bible Verses,Easter,Parchment Craft

I imagine you all are wondering where I am. Well, I’ve been working on a bridal collection of designs that I can’t wait to share with you. I’ve finished several pieces and have a couple more I’d like to add, I’ll be back soon with them. I’m having a lot of fun with the collection and hope that you all like it as much as I do.

Finally, I’ve got the pictures from Stephen’s baptism ready and his permission to blog them.  Stephen was baptized on April 3, 2009 at the Cathedral of the Incarnation, Nashville, Tennessee during the Celebration of the Eucharist, Holy Saturday Vigil of Easter ceremony.  The Rev. David R. Choby, D.D., J.C.L., Bishop of Nashville officiated the baptism.

stephens-baptism-126a_edited-1.jpg

Most blessed of all nights, chosen by God to see Christ rising from the dead!  Of this night scripture says:  “The night will be clear as day: it will become my light, my joy.”  The Easter Proclamation/Blessing of the Paschal Candle.

In the picture above Stephen is walking with his godparent to the baptismal, he’s in the white gown, to the right of the gentleman in the gray suit.

stephens-baptism-122a-copy_edited-1.jpg

Profession of faith and renunciation of sin by the elect.

By the Bishop:  “I baptize you in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit.”

stephens-baptism-123a-copy_edited-1.jpg

sj-baptism-1_edited-1.jpg

By the Bishop:  “God, the all-powerful Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, has given us a new birth by water and the Holy Spirit and forgiven all our sins.  May he also keep us faithful to our Lord Jesus Christ for ever and ever.  You Have Put on Christ, be sealed with the gift of the Holy Spirit.”

stephens-confirmation-card-012-copy.jpg

A recap of the card I made for Stephen’s Baptism and First Communion.

Wishing you all a beautiful day filled with all His blessings!

22 Responses to “Stephen’s Baptism”

1. cepet says:

Congratulations to Stephen! You have a very handsome son! Can’t wait to see what you’ve been working on.

2. Chris K says:

Congratulations! This is a joyous milestone for everyone. Have a blessed day.

3. What special photos, Jerri – thanks for sharing! And again, that card is just gorgeous!

4. Judy Covey says:

Congratulations to you “son?” regarding his recent baptism and thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures. I feel like I should know whether or not Stephen is your son or husband since I’ve been following your blog for a year or more, but with all the facial hair it’s hard to tell his age.

Thanks for sharing these very special photos, Jerri. I know your heart is full! Congratulations to Stephen for this landmark decision in his life. Hugs to you!

Congratulations to Stephen. What a good looking young man. Thank you for sharing these wonderful photos with us. I find it so interesting the way God works. On Saturday night my husband lost his sister to cancer. She was a dear lady and a good friend. But most of all she was a Christian lady and believed with all her heart. Now here comes Stephen to take her place in the Christian world. Very humbling I think.

Jerri, the pictures of Stephen’s baptism are so special and what a good looking son you have. I know you are so proud of him.

The card you created is beyond belief! It has so much detail and I cannot image how long this must have taken to complete, but so worth it. It is definitely a masterpiece and may just be one of my favs you have created! It amazes me at how you are able to come up with such beautiful works of art!

8. Karen Baker says:

Jerri, what a wonderful Blessing to know you child is faithful to God. You have to be so proud! The card is a masterpiece.

9. Cherie says:

Thanks for sharing such a wonderful event with us! Your card is just stunning!

Congratulation Stephen! And Jerri, I’m sure you are very proud! Thanks for sharing these photos. What a blessed event!

11. Deana says:

BEAUTIFUL! Thank you for sharing.

12. Jan Marie says:

This is a great moment in Stephen’s life and I am so glad that you shared it with all of us. Congratulations to Stephen on his decision and the big day.

13. Cathy Hughes says:

Congrats to Stephen on his wonderful day! You must be so proud and, it is a second blessing to have him home for awhile.

Cathy

14. Silke Ledlow says:

Jerri, what a wonderful occasion…I love when people get baptized!!! Congrats to Stephen!!!

Your card for him is amazing!!! I love every inch of it!!! Hugs ~S~

15. Awwwww, what a special occasion to share. The pictures are beautiful and so is the card!

16. Velta says:

What a beautiful tribute to Stephen Jerri!!! Your photgraphs sooo moved me almost to the point of tears. Thank you for sharing this perfect moment with us!

17. What a wonderful family event. God bless.

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

18. Ursula in RSA says:

Congratulations to Stephen and may the Lord shower him and all his family with many blessings.. Thank you for sharing this wonderful occasion with us. Can’t wait to see your next project.

19. nancy littrell says:

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful and blessed day for you all. What a handsome and mature looking young man. I am sure you are very proud parents.

20. Thank you so much dear! I am so glad to read this useful blog. I wish you nothing but the best!! Keep.

21. I thought that was extremeley exciting,Thanks for the auspicious writeup.All the time maintain it up!

22. Thank you for your article, hope to see you more of the article,I learned a lot of knowledge.Very useful to me.