Sep 22 2010

Welcome to Fall – Candlestick Lamp

fall-designs-001-copy-2.jpg

Several years ago I saw a trio of gorgeous candlesticks in a Horchow catalog that came in the mail.  I loved them but could not bring myself to pay the exorbitant price they were asking.  A few years later, while shopping in Steinmart, I came across some vintage candlesticks that were very reasonably priced and nabbed them before they were gone.  As I walked by the fireplace mantel in our living room a few days ago, the candlesticks caught my eye.  Nothing is safe from my creative hands in my house.

The confiscated candlestick disappared into my stamping room  .   .   .   .

Voila!! .   .   .  this altered vintage candlestick a/k/a my new gorgeous lamp will adorn my Thanksgiving table and after the holiday will return to the mantel, adornments attached!  Now to make two more shades and attachments for the other two candlesticks.

fall-designs-017-copy.jpg

A close up of the shade, showing a bit of the detail. I purchased the fringe from JoAnn’s a couple of years ago, I knew eventually I’d find a use for it.  The gorgeous gimp/braid was adhered on top of the fringe with PergaGlue.

fall-designs-044-copy.jpg

A closer view of the lamp post adornment.

fall-designs-copy.jpg

I tied the adornment on the lamp post with silk ribbons used throughout the designs.

077-shade-front.jpg

The front side of the shade. I wanted a “brocade” look on the lamp shade, Flourishes’ Flourished Elements stamp set fit the bill.

back-side-of-shade.jpg

A view of the backside of the shade.  I draped the 1/8″ silk ribbon tails to the smaller flowers.  I’m having so much fun with these feathers!

fall-designs-094-copy.jpg

My Garden Party!  Now wouldn’t it be fun to have an outdoor luncheon/tea with special friends.  Your friends would love to have a place card with their name on it, as well as a beautiful menu as keepsakes to always remind them of wonderful times spent with treasured friends.

Shopping:

Spellbinders’ Dies: Blossom 2, Daisy Heads, Assorted Leaves, Mega Ovals

Stencil: PD 0009 Star Collection

Embossing Paper: Carnation White, Orange, Olive, Moss Green, Violet, Dark Purple, Mustard

Embossing Tools: Embossing Pad, Pergamano Embossing Tools: 3mm, 4.5mm, 6mm, Small Embossing Tools

Embossing Accessories: Pearl Ex, Gum Arabic, Essential Glue Pad, Jumbo Dauber, Ranger Gold Embossing Powder

Inks: Encore Gold Pigment Ink, 18Kt. Gold Krylon Pen

Ribbons:  May Arts Silk Olive Silk Ribbon, 1/8″ & 1/4″; Antique Gold Gimp Braid – Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Adhesives: PergaGlue

Charms: Butterfly

Stamps:  Flourished Elements, Flourishes

Accessories: Jeweled Pearls, Lady Bug

Thank you so much for stopping in, I value each of you and truly appreciate you taking time from your busy day to stop by for a visit.  I’ll be back tomorrow with the last of the Fall series designs.

Hugs,

21 Responses to “Welcome to Fall – Candlestick Lamp”

1. Jerri! Just stunning! Gorgeous in every detail. Hugs to you,

2. Sue Kment says:

oh some more pretties! I wish I had your patience…this is just an outstanding project!

3. Tosh says:

Gorgeous!! Absolutely GORGEOUS!! Love your stamped shade with the fantastic fringe, the flowers, the embellished base, every fabulous detail!! WOW!

4. Sue K (Australia) says:

drooooooooll!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Just lovely! Love your flowers. You do a wonderful job with them!

6. Oh my gosh, HOW stunning! My favorite piece so far!!! LOVELY creations!

7. cepet says:

Oh, Jerri, this is simply STUNNING!

How beautiful! I didn’t realize you even created the shades! Lady you have more talent than the law allows! You will have to submit your finished table to one of the hoity toity magazines when you are finished! Seriously – I have never seen any that are any better!

9. Dealbaida says:

After a morning of something running amok in my email folders (everyone in my address book received a string of meaningless letters and numbers from me!) it was especially pleasing to receive photographs of your beautiful candlelamp. You get better by the project Jerri.

Thanks for brightening my birthday by sending such beautiful flowers.

Hugs
    Marion
    UK

10. Denice says:

Your certainly were not short changed in the talent catagory. What an awesome project. Your flowers are absolutely fabulous!!!! How do you make them?

11. Beth Norman says:

Thud. What a gorgeous, outstanding candlestick. The addition of the fringe is an awesome idea.

12. Gloria says:

Wow!!!!! Absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!

13. Deb Saaranen says:

Wow Jerri…you can come and visit my house anytime with your elegant creativity!!! What a beautiful project!

Wow Jerri! I am always in awe at your creations! Thanks for sharing them with us!

15. Just Gorgeous Jerri. I love your creations.

16. Ok, that’s it. I’m just coming to live with you. Your creative genius knows no limits, my friend. I want to rub elbows. GAWGEOUS!!!!

17. Earline says:

Wish I was living next to you your work is truely a work of Art.

18. Where to begin!!! I have browsed over all the wonderful garden party creations and my oh my… what gorgeous and beautiful details. Absolutely stunning, Jerri! This candlestick could not be more exquisite.. not even in Horchow!

19. Donna G says:

I’m speechless – this is just stunning! I can’t wait to see your Christmas spread! I read where someone else commented that you should enter your work in a Martha Stewart competition. I agree 100%!!!! The only thing is, I know Martha will be jealous, because I’ve see some pretty things she’s made, but you’ve got her beat, hands down!