Sep 30 2010

Stamp Simply #159 – Three is the Number

When I received an e-mail from Sharon Johnson a/k/a notimetostamp asking if I would like to be a stamp stimply guest stamper for the the month of October, I was ♥thrilled♥ to pieces. What a joy and honor to be designing alongside Sharon and her fabulous group of stamp simply challenge designers! I’ve been a fan of Sharon’s designs for many years and look forward to participating this month with the Stamp Simply Design Team challenges.
       The guidelines for this week’s challenge are as follows:

“Today’s challenge calls for us to think in 3’s.  Your project should incorporate 3 panels (as in background panels) or 3 images (as in the focal point).  Things always look pleasing to the eye when grouped in 3’s, so let’s see what kind of eye-pleasing trios we can come up with today!”

♥____________________________♥

Well, oh my gosh, what a fun and fabulous challenge to participate in.  Complying with the rules, my card has three panels – a background panel, a floral panel and a lace panel; three butterflies; three white flowers; a color scheme of three, carnation white, moss green, and apricot; 3 different ribbons, 3 embellishments – stamens, feathers and pearls.  I also used three different sets of nestibilities – small rectangles, small scalloped rectangles and peonies.   Okay, I think I’ve done it  .   .   .  lots of 3’s here, don’t you think!

The inside of the card is simply layered with plenty of room to add a handwritten message. I’ll include a sentiment tag on the front when it is sent.  This design is suitable for different occasions, i.e., sympathy, Mother’s Day, Birthday, Wedding, etc. so I have many choices.

I honestly think I’ve become addicted to making paper flowers.  I made all of these flowers with Spellbinder’s Peony Nestibilities, as well as the flowers in the ribbon panel. The leaves are from the Daisy Heads dies.  I dyed May Arts 1/8″ white ribbon with Tim Holtz Old Paper distress ink to soften the white.

The beautiful lace is from Webster’s Pages. The ruched ribbon is May Arts 1/8″ pink ribbon that I dyed apricot with distress inks to match the apricot paper.   The ribbon ruching was easy to do and didn’t take much time at all. I adhered the ribbon on the lace with fast drying adhesive. If you’re interested in a ribbon ruching tutorial, please leave a comment letting me know.

♥_________________________♥

You’re all welcome and invited to play along in the challenge!  The SCS Keyword is ssnotime159 for those who upload at SCS.  There is no time limit, you can play as many times as you’d like and you can play the challenge anytime at all, there’s no time limit.  If you play along, be sure to link to Mr. Linky on Sharon’s blog so we can easily find you, we’d love to see your designs.  Please link the direct post, not your blog, for ease in finding the proper creation!

Be sure to check out the designs on the blogs of the Stamp Simply Challenge Design Team for inspiration:

Sharon Johnson:  No Time To Stamp?

Barbara Anders:  Paper Pursuits

Jenny Gropp:  One Krafty Kat

Janine Orchard:  2bKrafty

AJ Otto:  The Willow Garden

Deb Saaranen:  Dream In Color

Barb Schram:  Explore. Dream. Discover

Shopping:

A Touch of Grace – Paper BoutiqueCarnation White, Moss Green, Apricot Embossing Paper, Kaiser Pearls, Butterfly Punch, Krylon 18Kt. Gold Pen, Peony Nesties, Daisy Head Dies , Assorted Leaves

Stamp Simply Ribbon Store –  May Arts Ribbon, Graphic 45 Le Romantique Paper, Bow Easy

Thank you so much for stopping by today, I truly appreciate you taking time from your busy schedule to visit.  Hope to see you soon!

45 Responses to “Stamp Simply #159 – Three is the Number”

1. Jerri — your Stamp Simply creation is fabulous! Truly, more simple than many of your designs — I LOVE it! The ribbon treatment with that gorgeous lace and ruched silk is so beautiful and, of course, your hand made flowers steal the show! Thanks much for joining us!!!

2. Be still my heart!! Oh Jerri this is breathtaking. The lace, the feminine delicate colors and those fabulous flowers. What an exquisite card!

3. barb schram says:

Oh my, Oh my, Oh My, (I’m still in 3’s Mode!) What a spectacular card, Jerri! Your attention to detail is out of this world…LOVE the flowers, your ribbon touches, and YES I would love to see a ruched ribbon lesson!!! Take good care, it’s great to have you designing with us at SS this month!

4. Jerri, I wouldn’t expect anything else from you…..Just Lovely! Such beauty on a card! Anyone would love to receive this. I can’t see any imperfections anywhere! I would love a ruched ribbon lesson too…I love seeing your tutorials. You are such an inspiration to me!

5. Dealbaida says:

I – LOVE – THIS.

WOW! WOW! WOW!

Marion
    UK

6. Denise says:

What a beautiful card! I would love to see a ribbon ruching tutorial.

7. ValerieC says:

WOW!…..WOW!!!! Your card is beautiful! A tutorial would be great. Thanks for always sharing your knowledge and your creations!

8. Karen Wallace says:

I agree with them this is above and beyond gorgeous. So were all the Thanksgiving ones, just such treasures for everyone and to keep. Thanks so much for all the descriptions, I may have to try the three one, just so pretty!!

9. Jan Gavin says:

Definitely want to see how you did the ruching. This card is absolutely gorgeous and true – can meet a number of different needs by merely adding a word to the front and whatever to the inside! Very versatile. While it has 3 colors, the overall impression is monochromatic and the color scheme can also be altered easily to give it a totally different look. BRAVO!

10. Edie says:

I love this card. I would love to see a tutorial in ribbon ruching. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work.

11. Bette S says:

A beautiful card, indeed! Love the flowers and the ribbon. Please do a tutorial for the ruching ribbon. Your tutorials are well worth waiting for. Your work is exquisite!

12. Deb Saaranen says:

Absolutely gorgeous Jerri! The colors, along with all of your extra special touches, really make this card SING!!!

Beyond amazing! You took the threes to the limit and it worked extremely well. Count me in on the peeps who want to see ribbon ruching. I have never heard of that before

14. Susan Bugalski says:

Your card is absolutely beautiful and I love how you always do someething special on the inside. Your flowers are fantastic and thought they were Primas!!!!!! Great job.

15. Jackie says:

Jerri, I so enjoy looking at your creations. They are always so beautiful. You are so talented! And yes, I would love for you to do a tutorial on ribbon ruching. I have never seen that used or done before.

16. This is absolutely gorgeous Jerri. I love the soft colors and your layout is wonderful. Beautiful just beautiful. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Blessings,

Deb

17. Mary says:

Yes, am interested in a ribbon ruching tutorial.
    As always, amazed at what you can do with so very little!

18. Janine says:

Hi Jerri!! Finally!! Thanks for the info regarding your site!!
    This is OVER THE TOP fabulous!!
    Have a great weekend.!!

19. Deborah M. in CA says:

Can you say GORGEOUS!!!! I would love to see a ribbon ruching tutorial!! I could spend all day looking at your blog!!

20. Cindy Lou says:

Jerri, I feel like I always repeat myself when I comment on your work. This is an absolutely elegant card! I will probably try to CASE this one as well to a point. I just love the colors, so rich. You are such an inspiration. Thanks again for sharing 😉 Blessings

21. Cindy Lou says:

Oh yes, sorry I forgot Jerri, please, I would thoroughly enjoy a ruched ribbon tutorial! but that almost went without saying lol. Thanks again!

22. Love this sweet Jerri! I am so glad to see you with Sharon this month. You know I love your work! Your card is drop dead gorgeous! Big hugs to you!

23. Chris K says:

The card is stunning! I would love to know how you did the ruching.

24. Nadine Papove says:

Absolutely gorgeous! I would love a ruched ribbon lesson love your tutorials. You are so talented and such an inspiration!

25. Donna G says:

I absolutely love, love, love this card! It would work for so many themes: birthday, thinking of you, wedding, etc. I love your handmade flowers as well – move over Prima! As for the ribbon tutorial… need you ask? Of course, we love anything you offer, Jerri!
    Thanks so much!
    Donna

26. Hello, my friend :) You know, I just realized as I drooled over these pictures, just what it is that attracts me so strongly to your work. It’s so feminine. I grew up with two older brothers and an uncle who was just slightly older than my oldest brother (so basically three brothers). Then I married and had four sons. Nothing, and I do mean NOTHING in my life has ever been feminine. Yet, I love the thought… the idea… of being feminine and frilly and having a tea party and wearing lace gloves. *sigh*. I guess if I can’t have it in real life, I can at least live vicariously through your gorgeous work. BIG HUGS, my friend.

27. Yes! Please! I would love a ribbon instruction. Your card is so beautiful! Wow! I am in awe!

28. L. Brown says:

Such a beautiful card. I so admire your work. I’m in agreement thinking we really do need a tutorial.

29. Karen M says:

Just love your work! You never cease to amaze me with your talent. Would love to see a tutorial on the ribbon. Thank you so very much for sharing your talent with us all! It is very much appreciated.

Jerri, simply stunning! I love the colors you used and all the details. Beautiful indeed!!!

31. Dottie Davis says:

All the different techniques and layerings really show up beautifully in this card. I have never heard of ruched ribbon but would love to know how to create it. At first glance it looked like teeny tiny pucca shells…but I never saw that color in a puccca shell! Awesome card.

32. Conniecrafter says:

Oh my so Gorgeous, just love the colors and your grouping of the flowers, I would love to learn about ruching, gives the lace a great touch!

33. velta says:

I’m interested!!!! Very elegant flowers Jerri! I’m interested :)

34. Donna Mc says:

The card is beyond spectacular. Please, please, please do a ribbon ruching tutorial!

35. AJ says:

wowsers Jerri- it’s fabulous!

36. […] to ribbon ruching.  I’m sharing with you a tutorial for the technique I used on this card for the ssnotime#159 challenge on Friday.  It’s really quite simple and certainly not a […]

37. Oh I just LOVE how that ruched ribbon looks on this stunning creation Jerri! Beautifully crafted!

38. Jenny Gropp says:

Jerri, stunning design! So feminine and your detail touches as always blow me away. I have never ruched ribbon, so off to read your tutorial!

39. Barbara says:

Oh. My. Word. There, three words, LOL! Simply a work of art, Jerri–I can’t stop looking at it! Those flowers are phenomenal!

40. Tina Johnson says:

I would so love to see the ribbon ruching tutorial. You are so talented and that card is so very beautiful. It is a little different from your usual style, but just as beautiful as ever.

Thank you for any and all tutorials you share with us. They are all appreciated.

Tina Lynn

41. Beate says:

WOW! What a stunning card. LOVE all your glorious details, your amazing flowers, ruffled ribbon, beautiful papers…..Beautiful card!
    Hugs and smiles

This is absolutely gorgeous, Jerri….first of all I love all the pink and second…I am in love with all your handmade flowers….WOW, girl…you put sooo much love and effort into each of you creations!!!! I would love to see a tutorial on the ribbon ruching….I can’t imagine how you did that with such tiny ribbon!!!!

43. cheryl says:

I would love to see a tutorial on ribbon runching

44. Wow what a creation. I can’t even call it just a card because it has so many wonderful elements that make it a creation.. Your flowers are gorgeous.. The ribbon is beautiful.. I love all your detail.. Gorgeous job.