Oct 27 2010

Blushing Butterfly

I have a quick post to share today.  I’m running low on note cards and thought I’d make up some quick and easy cards while I still had time before the busy holiday season is upon us.  I’ll probably use these cards as “thank you” notes or “birthday tags” for gifts or gift bags.

The note cards are super easy to make.  No stamping was done, just simple embossing with layers.

The card base was made with Salmon Pink embossing paper, cut 4 1/4″ wide by 8 1/2″ long, scored down the middle and folded.  I added a bit of elegance by edging all layers with an 18Kt. Gold Krylon pen.  The DP is Life’s Journey from K & Company, it matches up with the Salmon Pink paper so beautifully.  The Carnation White panel was embosed with an old Anna Griffen stencil that I purchased at Michael’s years ago. The embossing was super easy as well, I simply ran the stencil through my Wizard from Spellbinders.

I used Prima’s Light Pink Mini Pearl Swirls and Roses on this panel, very quick and easy! The DP panel was placed on Joy! Craft Foam Pads for added dimension.  I used Zip Dry Adhesive  throughout.

The butterfly was made with a Marianne cutting die.  Glitter was applied with a Quickie Glue Pen.  The square panels were cut with Spellbinder’s square dies.  The ribbon is May Arts 1.25″ blush silk ribbon, it’s stunning with the Salmon pink paper.  The double looped bows were tied using the Bow Easy.  All super easy and quick to put together.

Thanks so much for stopping by today!

39 Responses to “Blushing Butterfly”

1. These are beautiful and you are right, very easy to make!! I love how you can make these look as amazing as your intricate cards! Hugs,

How beautiful and elegant, Jerri!!!! The colors are sooo gorgeous and I’m drooling over the FABULOUS butterfly!!!!!

3. Ohhhhhhhh, butterflies and sparkle…..two of some of my favorite things. BEAUTIFUL!!

4. Dani C. says:

I just bought that butterfly die! Your cards have inspired me to use it. Thanks!!!

These are so delicate and beautiful, Jerri!! I love the sparkle and your perfect bows as well!! Absolutely gorgeous!!

6. Jerri, this is so soft and elegant. Lovely just Lovely. I can always count on you for some wonderful eye candy. You are awesome girlie.

Have a wonderful night.

Deb

What gorgeous cards, Jerri! Anyone receivng one of these would treasure it.

8. Hi Jerri!

Your note cards are beautiful. Very elegant. I love the big bow and the butterfly is gorgeous. I love how you photograph your creations. Something I need to work on.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Hugs Marion..(Maz)

9. Dealbaida says:

You’ve done it again Jerri! I can’t believe something this beautiful could really be so uncomplicated to make. Beautiful butterfly and delicious bow – a heavenly combination.

Thanks for sharing.

Marion
    UK

10. JUST stunning!!!! These are BEAUTIFUL!!!

11. pinky says:

Jerri, that butterfly is amazing on such a beautiful card. Even your simplest cards are so gorgeous!

12. Mary Mac says:

Wow! what taste and what vision you have!! ~sigh~
    You only ever create items of beauty to be treasured – thank you so much for sharing your work.

Mary Mac

Beautiful Jerri! I love those colors!!

Oh my! They may be quick but they look like they have taken a ton of time. They are simply elegant. Your friends will be thrilled to receive them

15. Robbie says:

Gorgeous, as always!! Did I read that you ran an embossing plate (Anna Griffin’s) through the Spellbinders unit? I have a lot of brass plates that I would love to use that way. Can you give me the directions for using a Cuttlebug? Thanks sooo much ahead of time.

16. Pam Bartnett says:

Jerri,

These are so beautiful. I’ll have to make some of them up for special friends and family. How do you package these for mailing? I am also planning Christmas cards right now, and have seen so many wonderful ideas. However, since they will need to be done in bulk without spending a fortune, can you give us some guidelines on what can be sent through regular postage?

Thanks so much, talented lady!

Pam

17. Michelle R says:

So beautiful and elegant! Love the pearls, and the sparkle on the butterfly. :)

18. Cherie says:

Stunning! Love the gorgeous soft colors. The butterfly is totally awesome! TFS!

19. ann says:

What a show stopper!! Simply gorgeous but then you knew I would love this one. That butterfly is magnificent!
    Ann

20. Donna says:

Jerri, what can I say that hasn’t already been said?? Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! Question: How did you get all the glitter on the butterfly? Still learning, and need all the help and hits I can get! GORGEOUS cards and bow!!! You are VERY gifted and talented!!

21. Selma says:

This is so gorgeous. Always love your work Jerri.

22. Bev J. says:

Beautiful colors and I love the dp-K & Company makes such beautiful papers. Gorgeous bow!!

23. Linda Duke says:

GORGEOUS Jerri! Should I send you my address 😉

24. Janet Castle says:

Jerri…the card is awesome!!!!! The butterfly die is such fun to use…I do have to use a piece of wax paper with mine so I can get all the pieces out of the die…how do you do yours?
    Jan Castle (in case you don’t remember me, I sent you all the butterfly photos)

25. Ilene says:

You have truly the gift of beauty. I love all of your cards, table decorations, wedding decorations, etc and am in awe of your talent. I love the butterfly on these cards and am wondering where I can find the die for it. I see it says Marianne die cut but I can’t find anything on the internet. Would you be so kind as to inform me where I might find it?

Thank you again for all your beautiful and creative creations.

26. Dottie says:

absolutely beautiful.. I must try and make one. Thank you for sharing your talents once again. Hugs, Dottie

27. Sylvia Johnson says:

Oh my goodness these are beautiful Jerri these are all stunning. You create such beautiful pieces of art.

28. Linda Taylor says:

Can you tell me about the Marianne butterfly. I’m not familiar with that name. I’m assuming it is a die cut??

29. Deb Saaranen says:

Oh wow…what gorgeous, soft colors and beeeeautiful design Jerri! YUM!

30. Jenny Gropp says:

Wowweeeee. These are beautiful. That Salmon Pink is the most delicate and gorgeous color.

31. Margie says:

Wow Jerri!!! More beautiful cards. I love these colors. Where can I get the Marianne die cuts? I have never heard of them. I looked on your website, and I didn’t see them on there. I, too, would like to know how you mail your cards with the large bows and beautiful flowers. I end up paying a lot extra everytime I add a bow. I have been sending the cards in a bubble envelope, and that is over a dollar a card. If I have a lot of cards to send, like at Christmas, I don’t add bows or embellishments because of the extra postage. Your bows are so beautiful.

32. Beth Norman says:

More stunning work. I really love the butterfly.

Gorgeous Jerri! That butterfly is so delicate looking with that Salmon embossing paper! Thanks for sharing.

34. Exquisite with the gold and the blush and the beautiful silk ribbon!

35. Judy West says:

I am not familiar with Maryanne dies could you tell me how to get to her web site. Your butterflies are just georgus.

Judy

36. emily says:

So gorgeous! The butterflies looks like they are ready to take flight at any moment!
    Thanks for sharing! :o)

37. Nancy McGlynn says:

Very Beautiful Card! I love the butterfly and your bow. Can you tell me how you made the double loop on the bow easy, I would love to know or maybe you could do a tutorial I think it is just gorgeous!

38. Lenore Woodfield says:

hi,
    what lovely cards
    simple but elegant designs.
    regards