Oct 28 2010

Super Simple Christmas Designs – Stamp Simply Challenge #163

Hi Ladies, it’s time for me to say goodbye to Sharon Johnson and the Stamp Simply Design Team as the guest designer for the month of October.  Sharon, thank you so much for extending the invitation to play along.  I’ve had such a wonderful time playing alongside you and the girls.  I’m thrilled and honored to have been your October guest designer, it’s been so much fun!!

This week’s challenge calls for clean and simple.  Well what can I say, I tried!  Maybe not so clean, but it sure was simple .  .  .  LOL!

The guidelines for this week’s challenge are as follows:

“Clean and Simple is definitely the way to go when we need to mass produce. But it’s also a very refreshing and pleasing style to fall back on any time at all. Today let us truly think Clean and Simple – SUPER SIMPLE. And let’s make cards with Christmas OR winter in mind as we inspire each other with all our Clean and Simple creations!”

♥________________________♥

Like most of my designs, I start with an idea and then it grows and grows and grows .   .   . LOL!  The truth of the matter is I’m usually having so much fun I don’t want to stop.  Today I want to share some cute and adorable Christmas note cards that were very simple to make, no stamping involved, merely cutting and adhering and that’s basically it.  When I finished the note cards, I made a box, altered a small tin, and made a gift cone ornament to complete the ensemble.

Shown in this picture is a box I made out of Kraft cardstock (Stampin’ Up!).  I attached a gingerbread man tag to the lid and placed the four gift cards inside the box.

DP panels were adhered to all four sides of the box, alternating the striped and patterned papers.  The cards are 3″ x 3″, the box is 3 1/4″ x 3 1/4″.  It’s a simple box to make.  I added the pompom trim and silk ribbon to the panels before adhering them to the box.  I love the adorable bows on the four corners.  I used a Copic marker to dye the silk ribbon the same color as the Christmas Green embossing paper I used throughout the designs.  I also used a Copic marker to color the buttons a coordinating color.  I pulled jute ribbon through the buttons and tied a simple knot.  The tag placed on top of the box was layered with foam dimensionals as you can see in the picture.

I think of the four cards, this one is my favorite. I have this “thing” for gingerbread men, I just love them.  I don’t use designer paper all that often and have accumulated quite a stash.  The pattern I used for these designs is Homespun Holidays from Bo Bunny that I purchased three years ago.  It’s one of my all time favorite Christmas papers.  One of the 12 x 12 sheets is covered with all the adorable images I used throughout the designs.  No stamping or coloring, simply cutting out the images and adhering glass glitter (looks like sugar) to them.  Word of caution, glass glitter is really glass glitter.  I have a small piece embedded in my left thumb  .   .   . LOL!  For this note card I used a base of Christmas Green embossing paper.  I used Spellbinders scalloped squares throughout.  A Cuttlebug embossing folder was used to emboss the focal panel.  This card was easy to make.  I placed two small strips of designer paper on the tag, wrapped the pompom trim around it, adhered 1/8″ silk ribbon over it with doubled sided tape, glued the silk bow over the pompom trim and applied three Kaiser pearls that I colored with a Copic marker.  I cut out the gingerbread men, applied glass glitter to the images and used two Kaiser pearls for the gum drop buttons .   .   . simple, quick and easy!  The top gingerbread man was placed on Joy!Craft foam pads. (Don’t you just love those cute gingerbread props, they’re salt and pepper shakers.)

This card was made basically the same way except I used Christmas Red embossing paper.  Again, Kaiser pearls were colored to match on the ornaments.  The pearls on the ribbon were left their original color.  The red silk ribbon was not dyed with a Copic, that’s its original color.  All bows were made with the Bow Easy. (The reindeer prop is from another set of salt and pepper shakers.)

Snowflakes adorn this card.  The Copic marker used to dye the silk ribbon and pearls is Ocean Green.  It was nearly an exact match to the Christmas Green paper.

The bows on the Christmas packages were made with gold cord purchased from Stampin’ Up! years ago.   The small buttons are from Stampin’ Up! as well.

I love this little tin, I’m going to place candy in it when I give this set to my friend for her birthday.  It was easy to alter.  I used double sided tape to adhere the designer paper to both the top and bottom.  I used the double sided tape to adhere the pompom trim and the silk ribbon.   Zip Dry adhesive was used throughout the designs.  The glass glitter was adhered with a Quickie Glue pen.  If you’re interested in the glass glitter, please e-mail me.  I have an extra jar for sale, this product is not listed in my store.

I added a cute little tag on top of the tin.  The tag was made with EK Success circle and scalloped circle punches.  The glass glitter shows very well in this photo, it reminds me of chunky sugar crystals.  I think I’ll fill the tin with M & M’s, the bright colors will match the paper perfectly.

I love the cone ornament, it’s 7 1/2″ inches tall.  I’m going to make several of these as advent cones for my guys this year and hang them on our Christmas tree.  Small gifts will be placed inside and then I’ll seal them.  I’ll attach a circle tag under the bow stamping the dates with JustRite stamps.  My guys love little surprises so it’ll definitely be challenging for me to come up with small, inexpensive gift ideas.  The cone was super easy to make, it took about 15 minutes total.  I used a pattern from a K & Company paper pad I purchased a few years ago.  After attaching the pompom trim, ribbon and bow, I traced around the edges of the images with a Quickie Glue pen and adhered the glass glitter to the cone.

Since no stamping and coloring was involved, the note cards were quick, simple and easy to mass produce.  This set is going to a friend for her birthday.  She loves placing note cards on her holiday cooking gifts and I think these cards fit the bill.

♥_________________________♥

You’re all welcome and invited to play along in the challenge!  The SCS Keyword is ssnotime163 for those who upload at SCS.  There is no time limit, you can play as many times as you’d like and you can play the challenge anytime at all, there’s no time limit.  If you play along, be sure to link to Mr. Linky on Sharon’s blog so we can easily find you, we’d love to see your designs.  Please link the direct post, not your blog, for ease in finding the proper creation!

Be sure to check out the designs on the blogs of the Stamp Simply Challenge Design Team for inspiration:

Sharon Johnson:  No Time To Stamp?

Deb Neerman:  Paper, Scissors & Ink

Barbara Anders:  Paper Pursuits

Jenny Gropp:  One Krafty Kat

Janine Orchard:  2bKrafty

AJ Otto:  The Willow Garden

Deb Saaranen:  Dream In Color

Barb Schram:  Explore. Dream. Discover

Shopping:

A Touch of Grace – Paper Boutique:  Christmas Red and Christmas Green embossing paper, Kaiser PearlsQuickie Glue pen, Zip Dry Adhesive, Joy! Craft foam pads

Thank you so much for stopping by today, I truly appreciate you visiting my blog.  Have a wonderful weekend!

40 Responses to “Super Simple Christmas Designs – Stamp Simply Challenge #163”

1. Jenny Gropp says:

BLOWN AWAY. Love ’em all! The ginger bread men — so sweet… they look yummy… literally! The glass glitter really does simulate the sugared look perfectly. Great ideas here!!!!!

2. Hey Jerri! I love these. Fun, festive and who doesn’t love little gingerbread men?!? I love the tiny cards, especially the one with the presents! Perfection! Hugs to you.

3. Deb Neerman says:

These are fabulous, Jerri! LOVE this amazing ensemble … and those gingerbread folks are the sweetest! I’d love to find these under my tree!

Have a terrific weekend!

Jeri, what wonderful ideas. I especially love the gingerbread images.

5. Donna G says:

Hi Jerri,
    As always, I love everything you do, and this cute little project is no exception! Although labeled “clean & simple,” this project looks as if you put a lot of time, thought, and love into it. Your friend will love it!
    Take care!
    Donna G

6. Dealbaida says:

Oh Jerri!!!!!!!! When am I supposed to get any housework done when you keep popping up with new pretties to inspire? Guess I shall have to keep ignoring the vacuum and blowing the dust. Another fabulous array!

Encore! Please!

Marion
    UK

7. Beth Norman says:

Jerri, you’re a geneous. Decorating DP is an idea I have never thought of before.

8. Robbie says:

What a really cute set!! Love it.

9. Janine says:

Fabulous project Jerri!! Love that notecard set!
    Have a wonderful weekend.!

10. Deb Saaranen says:

What an adorable emsemble! Such a special project! I was wondering how “clean and simple” you would be able to get…just perfect!!!

11. Jerri, these are so festive! You were having a lot of fun weren’t you? Wonderful work.
    Have a wonderful day sweetie.

12. Elaine says:

Oh my these are so cute! The glitter is a nice touch!

You come up with the coolest ideas. Does your mind ever rest? Do you ever run out of ideas? I love these cards and their containers. Very very cute

14. Peggy Allen says:

These are absolutely fabulous. I love each and every one of them. Thank you for the inspiration. God bless!

15. Pam Bartnett says:

ADORABLE!!!!! Thanks for sharing! Pam

16. pinky says:

Jerri, your friend is gonna love these adorable gingerbread Christmas cards…I am jealous of her…LOL! I love these cards even though there is no stamping on them. I do not think you can make a simple card and easy card as these look very detailed to me, gf!

Wow Jerri, these are all truly fabulous!

18. barb schram says:

OMGoodness, Jerri! YOU are such inspiration! I too, love those sweet gingerbread men! Your set is perfect in every detail, as always! I have so enjoyed you playing along this month with Stamp Simply! Take good care! Hugs, barb

19. Susan Z says:

Stunning projects!!! I couldn’t find your CAS project, though. Oh… those were the items you showed! Wow… if that’s simple then I can’t wait to see complex! I know I’m getting a “complex” looking at all this talent today!

20. Amy Johnson says:

Everything is so ADORABLE! I just love all the intricate, tiny details!

21. Oh, Jerri, this is a darling collection! So, it’s just not in you to go entirely clean and simple, but we sure do love looking at all your fabulous details!

22. […] A Touch of Grace » Super Simple Christmas Designs – Stamp Simply … I love the adorable bows on the four corners. I used a Copic marker to dye the silk ribbon the same color as the Christmas Green embossing paper I used throughout the designs. I also used a Copic marker to color the buttons a coordinating . It was easy to alter. I used double sided tape to adhere the designer paper to both the top and bottom. I used the double sided tape to adhere the pompom trim and the silk ribbon. Zip Dry adhesive was used throughout the designs. […]

23. Beautiful Jerri! I love all the sparkle and fabulous projects. Your idea of super simple is definitely different than mine LOL!!

24. Wow! Jerri, You never cease to amaze me with your creations. These look fabulous.
    Can I come and live by you?
    I wish my simple looked like yours. SIMPLY beautiful.
    Hugs Marion (Maz)

25. Conniecrafter says:

Oh my these don’t look simple at all, you have an amazing eye for embellishing, the glass glitter does look amazing, bummer that you got some stuck in your thumb. I love your idea for the cones, how fun! Your friend will be so thrilled with this set of cards, what a terrific addition to her gift!

What fabulous Christmas projects, Jerri….I LOOOOOVE all the adorable images and how you added the glitter glass…sooo festive!!!!!

27. velta says:

Oh my Jerri ~ Where have I been?? Your last two posts are so beautiful and creative to boot!!! I love that Marrianne cutting die on the last post and the colors on your card there are just elegant to the max. The tags and goodies you made in this last post are awesome. Sometimes when I see your posts, I wonder…Why didn’t I think of those colors??? or I have got to remember to use my Krylon Pens and glitter…You have inspired me again. You always put a smile on my face when I come to visit you !

I wonder if your weather is as beautiful as it is here in Bama? It’s a little on the cold side this morning with temps in the 30’s, but I certainly like it more than this past summer that we had. Have a great weekend my friend :)

28. emily says:

All your Christmas projects are so festive and fun! The Gingerbread are so special for this time of year and really getting more popular all the time!
    The glass glitter is awesome but I would be timid of using on anything that would be used to hold food or goodies…hope your thumb has healed!
    Love how you used some of your stash to create. I think it’s a good reminder to many of us…(me)…to check out what we already have and start playing!
    Thanks for sharing! :o)

If this doesn’t get someone in the Christmas spirit, I don’t know what will! Lol!! Everything looks so festive and wonderful, Jerri!! Every little detail is perfect!!

30. Michelle R says:

Oh my gosh…such gorgeous, and awesome details on every single one of those! I absolutely LOVE those adorable gingerbread men! Your work always just blows me away. Over-the-top fabulous, Jerri! :)

31. The graduated comrade gradually graded the trademarks after the parade.

32. The commonsense commonwealth government no longer uses the uncommon commonplace.

33. In the bar the barber bargained for a jar of jam, then got over the barrier of barrels.

34. The incapable man in cap went into the hospitable capital hospital.

35. tods on sale says:

With his lips the sly fly clipped the slippery slipper that eclipsed his sight.

36. Show your tickets,please. Thank you for your advice.

37. That’s the latest fashion. The train arrived on time.

38. There go the house lights. They are paid by the hour.

39. Things are getting better. Wake me up at five thirty.