Nov 24 2010

Thanksgiving Blessings

Published by at 8:48 pm under Occasions,Thank You,Verve

Happy Thanksgiving!  I just wanted to pop in today to say a big thank you to each and every one of you for stopping by and visiting my blog.  I read each and every comment you leave and am honored that you choose to spend your valued time with me.   You all keep me so inspired!

I wanted to include this close up so that you can get a closer view of the ribbon.  The ribbon was baby blue in color, not a good match for the lavender embossing paper and designer paper.  I tinted the ribbon with Almost Amethyst dye ink.  What I want to share with you (and unfortunately the full effect is not showing in the picture) is the subtle mottled effect I got when I tinted the ribbon.  I spritzed the ribbon with linen spray and ironed it after tinting it.  You can imagine my surprise when I started ironing the ribbon and saw the ink moving around.  The closest example I can give you is if you’ve used a Copic blending pen to move the ink around on the paper.  That’s essentially what happened with the ribbon when I sprayed it with the linen spray.  At first I thought I’d ruined it, but the more I looked at it, I decided it wasn’t ruined at all.  The effect is beautiful and very subtle.  It resembles light blue bird eggs.

The little butterflies were punched with a Fiskars punch.  I colored them with a Quickie Glue Pen and sprinkled a bit of glitter on them.  The flowers are Prima’s Lilliput Marshmellow Roses that I sponged with Almost Amethyst ink.  The ribbon is 1.5″ Baby Blue (tinted lavender) May Arts silk.  The bows were tied with the Bow Easy. The designer paper is LeBoutique (I think) from K & Company, the card base is Carnation White and the panel is Lavender embossing paper.

ETA:  Inside of card (oops, forgot to include in my original posting).

Okay, now go back and eat a second helping of that yummy pie!

46 Responses to “Thanksgiving Blessings”

1. Beautiful! Happy Thanksgiving to you too Jerri!!

2. Carol Southern says:

I don’t think you could ever ruin anything! You can see the mottle look of the ribbon and it looks fabulous.
    Just what you meant to do, isn’t it. Lovely card.

3. Jerri, this is too pretty for words. Looks like you have created a new technique for coloring ribbon! I have no idea what to call it, but it is beautiful! Well done!

4. Karen Wallace says:

Just beautiful and thank you for so much inspiration and ideas. Happy Thanksgiving!

5. Maz says:

Wow Jerri! your card is gorgeous. I love what you did to the ribbon. It shows up great on my computer. I love your background paper and those roses look beautiful.
    I have never tried coloring ribbon so will have to give it a go.
    Hugs maz

6. chris richards says:

jerri
    its beautiful !
    how do you manage to always get things right ?
    i wish i could !!
    love and hugs
    chris richards

7. Dealbaida says:

Exquisite! The colours, the flowers, the ribbons…. everything about this card is truly magical. Thank you Jerri.

Happy Thanksgiving to you, your family, friends and colleagues. Enjoy the day.

Marion
    UK

8. So gorgeous! Happy Thanksgiving, my friend!

9. Beth Norman says:

Your results are beautiful. It’s funny how we have one idea in mind and another one turns out.

Happy Thanksgiving, Jerri. I am thankful that you share your talent with us.

10. Teri says:

Oh, I think the ribbon is GORGEOUS that way! That’s a great way to enhance. It’s absolutely BEAUTIFUL as is the card and ALL of your creations. I am NEVER disappointed when I look at your site. I always take a deep breath first because I know I will be wowed!

11. Ursula Uphof says:

Such a lovely card and the ribbon is just gorgeous. It turned out really lovely. Happy Thanksgiving and thank you for inspring us with your wonderful creations. Warm wishes

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with our family, Jerri! Gorgeous flowers.

13. Selma says:

How gorgeous Jerri. I love the way the ribbon turned out. I too am thankful you share all your beautiful work with us. Happy Thanksgiving.

14. Cindy Lou says:

Beautiful card Jerri, Thanks so much for sharing, both now and throughout the year. May you and your family enjoy the Blessing God has given us so gracefully out of His bounty.

15. Lorena says:

The ribbon is stunning! I love the results. Happy Thanksgiving!

16. Barbara R. says:

Fabulous! Just Fabulous!! What you have done with that ribbon and the flowers is beautiful. I just love the look.

Have a great Thanksgiving. One of the things I give thanks for is you and your beautiful creations!!!

Hi Jerri, thanks so much for sharing this lovely creation! I can see the mottling in the blow up pic. WOW!!! Like I have said before, I always come here to get my shot of Absolutely Beautiful girlie goodness. You’ve out done yourself again!
    I love the butterfly. I do that too. In fact I have a little container with a half dozen glittered butterflies in my stash. All in different colors. Thanks again
    Hugs, and Happy Thanksgiving back at ya, I hope you have a wonderful day.
    Jessica

18. bonnie weiss says:

The ribbon is stunning and so is your card. I am always amazed at what you create and post. I used to be so intimidated by artists like you but now I take inspiration from it and create my own. People like you are a blessing, to share your talents and creativity with the blogging world, so even in our own small way, we can feel good about our own creations which are greatly impacted by you.

19. alex says:

Love the colors, this is so beautiful the flowers give to the card a elegant look as well as the ribbon and what can i say about the color is my favorite color ever….Just amazing what you creat.

I can see the different colors in the ribbon and it is beautiful as well as the card you made with it. Amazing – again :)

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

21. Sue says:

Simply Gorgeous!
    Happy Thanksgiving :)

22. Darlene Gabriel says:

Happy Thanksgiving to you Grace. This card is gorgeous! The bows and flowers are stunning. TFS

23. Becky Jo says:

Very beautiful, Jerri! Most times mistakes turn out better than the original plan as in this case I’m sure. Thanks for your inspiration and for sharing your ideas with everyone. I don’t always comment, but always stop by to see what you are up to. Everything always takes my breath away. You are a very talented lady! Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family! Hugs!!

24. Conniecrafter says:

Gorgeous, what a great look for the ribbon, and your tiny butterflies are a pretty touch!
    Happy Thanksgiving!!

25. Pam P says:

Very pretty, but then I have never seen anything on your blog that I didn’t like. Thanksgiving Blessings to you and yours.

26. Mary Mac says:

Oh what a LUXURIOUS card – just love your colours. Thank you for sharing your great new technique with us, you are so generous.

Have a fabulous Thanksgiving with your family.

Mary Mac

27. Shaz says:

Isn’t it wonderful when something so gorgeous happens by accident?I truly do love this card- in fact everything I have looked at on your blog is so inspiring.I only began blogging this year, and it has been a revelation to find so many talented people all sharing what they do. Thank you so much for sharing, and I hope your Thanksgiving was happy & peaceful.

28. Janet Castle says:

Absolutely STUNNING! I could see the mottled look on the ribbon and can almost smell the roses – LOL!
    Happy Thanksgiving…we have much to be thankful for!
    Jan Castle

29. Debbie says:

Hi Jerri,
    LOVE IT!! All your stuff too – I’ve also had alot of fun with silk dyeing with the wilton icing colours and some of dyes didn’t disperse fully and the patterns were wonderful, I think I may like them better, lol. I got my package from you yesterday and now I can play :) We’ve had our Thanksgiving up here a month ago – have a great Thanksgiving! It’s snowing now so it a perfect indoor day… cheers, Deb

30. Pat S says:

Everything you touch is beautiful and this card is just another example of your wonderful creativity.

31. Happy Thanksgiving, you inspire me! Love this.

32. Tosh says:

Gorgeous Jerri!! LOVE the mottled effect you got. Kind of like the seam binding that’s so popular right now, with a softer texture. Cool!! So glad you’re son’s home for Thanksgiving too. I hope you have a Blessed Holiday dear friend!! HUGS!

33. Sue K (Australia) says:

another simply gorgeous card jerri – just beautiful and so so pretty

34. Karen says:

Thank you for sharing this beautiful creation. Get excited every time I see you’ve posted. I know there will be wonderful eyecandy. Happy Thanksgiving!

35. Sylvia Johnson says:

Jerri you are such an inspiration. I so enjoy your blog. I love your tutorials. Keep up the wonderful posts. Hope you have had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

36. Bette S says:

Jerri, I doubt you could ever ruin anything, even if you tried! The ribbon is beautiful and looks beautiful on your beautiful card!

37. Linda E says:

Jerri, hope you and your family had a wonderful Thanksgiving together. God bless you and yours!!

38. Happy Thanksgiving to you Jerri!

Beautiful card. Those fabulous extra touches are what make your work stand out from the rest. Gorgeous as alway!

39. emily says:

Hope you had a great Thanksgiving!

Your card is so gorgeous with those rich full roses and bow. I love your ribbon technique. It looks like a watercolour painting! So soft and subtle. If you wanted to achieve that effect it probably would have taken ages to figure out. 😀

Beautiful work! Thank you so much for inspiring and sharing! :o)

40. Don’t you just love when you get those wonderful surprises. That ribbon looks incredible! Such a beautiful card, Jerri.

And I just finished off the rest of the cherry pie.

41. {{{SWOOOOOOOON}}} ’nuff said. :)

42. Silke Ledlow says:

Jerri, this card is so beautiful and elegant!!! I l.o.v.e all the purple and how you tied the Satin Ribbon with the roses inside!!! Another fabbo Jerri creation :) !!! Hugs ~S~

43. Wendy Moore says:

Very pretty card and I love the effect of the ribbon. Forgive me but what is linen spray? Would like to try this as I have the May Arts ribbon in white and to match it would be a nice touch. Thanks for sharing your beautiful work!

44. Jerri,

This is just breathtaking. The roses look so real. You’ve done it again girlie. Just beautiful.

Hugs and Blessings,

Deb

45. Love what you’re doing with the blues! The first thing I noticed about the ribbon was the delicate mottled effect, so it shows up quite nicely. Very pretty!

Ooooh, absolutely stunning, Jerri!!!! Such a pretty design with the flowers and bows….I’ll have to try your ribbon inking technique. I love the look of the mottled ribbon!!!!