Nov 30 2010

Warmest Thanks

Published by at 9:59 pm under Spellbinders,Stampin' Up!,Thank You,Verve

Thank you all for the very sweet birthday greetings you left on Facebook and e-mailed to me.  I had a wonderful birthday!  My Mom and her sister surprised me by coming down for the day, I didn’t have a clue!  My hubby gave me with a gorgeous black cashmere sweater and a 23″ monitor for my stamping room.  He and Stephen hung it on the wall in front of my design area.  I’m over the moon!  The monitor is on an arm and can be tilted in almost any direction.  It can be pushed flat against the wall or brought forward for closer viewing.  I also have a new wireless keyboard and mouse  .  .  . I’m in computer heaven .  .  . LOL!  Now I can use my laptop as a PC or a laptop. I’ve placed it under my work station, getting it off my desk, giving me more room. When I want to take it downstairs, I simply pull the two cords from my laptop and I’m set to go.

So now that I’m all set up, I’ve been playing.  I have several thank you cards that I need to get made, this one is for a girlfriend.

I’ve had this K & Company La Boutique 6″ x 6″ pad for years, I love the soft colors of the papers.  The Prima Rose Lily is 3 inches in diameter.  Because of its size, I chose to make it the focal image.  I love the versatility of these flowers!  I lightly sponged Antique Linen Distress Ink on the petals, as well as on the edges of the paper.  I dyed May Arts 1.5″ baby blue silk ribbon with the distress ink.  And then an unintentional dip in my cup of coffee (cream and all . . . oops  . . . . poop happens . . . ugg!!).  The coffee dipping was a bit of a mishap, not sure how I did that, but being the lazy bug I am and not wanting to start over, I grabbed an iron, pressed the coffee in and violá  .  .  .  . gorgeous vintage silk!  I also dipped the crocheted cotton lace in coffee (intentionally and without the cream this time .  .  . LOL!).  To get the staining splotchy/darker in some areas, I placed the lace in used coffee grounds from the morning pot, ground them in and then rinsed the lace.  It took a couple of attempts, but I finally got the effect I was going for.

I cut a small piece of the lace and attached it to the bow, together with natural linen thread that I used to tie the tag on.  The scalloped border on the panel was made with an EK Success punch.  I gave Joy! Craft pearls an aged appearance by coloring them with Copic markers, making some a little darker than others, love that realistic effect!  I placed pearls on the butterflies’ abdomens and the tag as well.  A Quickie Glue Pen was used to adhere glitter to the butterflies.  The tag was made with a Spellbinders Labels Four die. I stitched around the edges of the panels and distressed them with Stampin’ Up!’s distressing tool.  I used Light Blue paper for the base of the top panel and Carnation White paper for the card base.  An 18kt. Krylon pen was used to edge around the card base.  Zip Dry adhesive was used throughout.  It’s a perfect adhesive when layering panels since it doesn’t warp/buckle the paper.  Both of the panels were placed on Joy!Craft foam pads.

The sentiment used on the tag and the inside of the card is from Verve’s Artful Elegance stamp set.  The scrolls stamp was a thank you gift that came with my order.

Shopping:

A Touch of Grace-Paper Boutique: Prima Rose Lily, Carnation White and Light Blue Embossing Paper, 18Kt. Krylon Pen, Joy!Craft Pearls, Joy!Craft Foam Pads, Zip Dry Adhesive, Quickie Glue Pen

Thank you so much for stopping by today to visit!

45 Responses to “Warmest Thanks”

1. Chris K says:

Glad you enjoyed your birthday. The thank you card is beautiful. Love the lace – what a happy accident!

Gorgeous, gorgeous, gor-geous!!!!! Everything you touch comes out looking so very beautiful. (Happy belated birthday. I didn’t know, being a new friend. I’m zooming over to facebook to friend you so I’ll be in the loop!)

3. I love the soft beauty to this Jerri! Love how you’ve died the silk ribbon too…perfection.

Glad to hear you had a wonderful Birthday! You deserve it!

Blessings

Christine

4. WOW! Just beautiful! How wonderful a cashmere sweater AND a flat screen computer monitor?! woohoo! Your friend will adore this beautiful card! Hugs,

Happy belated birthday, Jerri! What a great addition the new monitor is to your stamp room. Your card is gorgeous and so vintage looking. Great DP.

6. Teresa says:

Yes ..Happy belated Birthday. Your cards are just beautiful and your room must be hard to get out of. ENJOY!

7. Maz says:

Happy belated birthday Jerri. It sounds like you got some really super pressies from your DH.
    Love the card and the way you have coffee stained it even if it was unintentional!
    A really nice design.
    Hugs Maz

8. Lynne Hurlburt says:

Happy belated birthday wishes !! I have been a lurker for awhile and really in awe of the work you do. It is all just so beautiful. Have a great day and enjoy your new computer things. Hugs n’ stuff, Lynne

9. Ursula Uphof says:

A belated Happy Birthday, with a year of great happiness. Lovely that you had a super day and enjoy your new computer gadgets. Warm wishes

10. Dealbaida says:

Oh knats Jerri, I am sorry I missed your birthday. What a wonderful surprise your Mum and Aunt’s visit must have been.

I love this card. Its delicacy and gentle colours make it ideal for so many occasions.

Any chance of a tutorial on how to spill coffee with such aplomb? My attempts at the technique always end in disaster!

Have a wonderful year.
    Hugs
    Marion
    UK

11. Angela says:

Happy belated birthday! Sounds like you had a lovely day with family and lovely presents!

Your card is stunning! I love the pretty colors and sweet butterfly embellishments. Beautiful work as always! hugs, Angela

12. Sandra ltb says:

very pretty!
    Happy Belated birthday!
    Sandra

Beautiful card! Happy belated birthday. I had no idea or I would have made you a simple little card.

Gorgeous card Jerri. Happy belated Birthday greetings, sounds like you had a wonderful day! ~Diane

15. Pinky` says:

Jerri, happy birthday my friend. I do not go to facebook as I got a 30 gb virus from opening a facebook message from a friend whose address book got stolen! I love this gorgeous card and all the details are amazing!

16. Sonya Appel says:

Happy Birthday Jerri!! Love the colors in the card. I’ll have to remember that “accident”, it came out so beautifully, to try.

17. Amy Johnson says:

What a beautiful and elegant card! I never would have thought of using a large flower as the focal point of the card, but it works! It’s gorgeous! I love your ribbon treatment and sentiment too!

18. Donna G says:

Hi Jerri,
    Beautiful Card! Your friend will love it! Happy Belated Birthday! I’m so glad you had such a great day!
    Hugs,
    Donna G

19. Flirtini83 says:

What a beautiful thank you card. you are truly talented. tfs.

20. Dottie Davis says:

I am so happy for you with the wireless mouse etc. you received from your insightful hubby. This will keep those crafting hours going! This card is so beautiful. Really is. I love the coffee story to go with it. You can just imagine all of us now dipping our white lace in coffee “for the vintage effect.” Oodles of us lovely ladies, dipping….what will our hubbies think now?

Ah Jerri, sorry I missed your birthday. I am glad it was a wonderful day for you. Awesome card…I have some Anna Griffin paper hiding someplace that will work for this card.

Cathy

22. Belated Happy Birthday hun! It sounds like you were blessed a whole lot! What a great hubby and family you have. I’m happy for you about the gifts you received that will make it even more convenient for you to play and have fun!
    Now onto your card. It is just stunning Jerri, but then, when have you ever made something that didn’t give me that reaction? Never. :-) I just love the very soft feminine feel of it. Its a show stopper!
    Hugs to you and thanks for leaving all those sweet comments on my blog too!! xo

23. Dottie says:

You always make the most beautiful cards. Thank you for sharing. ]\

Dottie

24. Cindy Lou says:

Jerri, your card is just beautiful, the soft colors are so warm and inviting. Glad you had a wonderful “surprise” for your birthday and that your day was all and more than what you were hoping for! Blessings my dear friend 😉

25. Janet Castle says:

Beautiful…as always….have not seen a dud yet – LOL! You really do beautiful work Jerri, and inspire!!!!
    Happy Belated Birthday!
    Jan Castle

26. emily says:

Belated Happy Birthday wishes! Sounds like you had a great day.
    So pretty! I love the pearls and vintage style lace. The soft blues and beige is lovely.
    Thank you for sharing! :o)

27. Sue K (Australia) says:

another gorgeous card jerri – beautiful – and another lucky recipient – “””ah – i see its your birthday – happy birthday to you”””

28. Barbara R. says:

I am so sorry that I missed your birthday – but it sounds like it has been a great one. I can understand why you are in computer heaven. That is a perfect set-up.

Your card is beautiful. Love the flower and what you did with it.

Again, happy belated birthday. Hope you have a healthy, happy and prosperous year.

Barbara

29. Anne says:

Belated birthday greetings, Gerri!! Sounds like you are having a lot of goodies and surprises!! Your card is stunning & elegant as always!! So here’s wishing you good health, happiness & lots of love for the coming years!! Continue on with your obsession!! :)

30. So beautiful, Jerri! What wonderful attention to detail.. LOVE those sweet little pearls.. the stitching.. and the ‘vintage silk’ ribbon! Even the inside is a work of art. As always, perfection.

31. BEautiful Jerri! So soft and feminine. Glad you had a wonderful birthday. I’ve never heard of a wall mount monitor…guess I better start dreaming!

32. Linda Duke says:

Happy Birthday Jerri… sorry I missed your special day my friend. Sounds like you had a great day, As always your ary is so lovely, and a real treat to look at. Hugs

Hey Jerri, I’m glad you enjoyed your birthday! I can’t imagine how I missed it, but I’m sure you celebrated anyway :)
    This card is just gorgeous! And, again, a frilly, feminine beauty! I’m always afraid I’m going to spill on my projects, so I only take water to my craft table. A water spot is easy to hide. I don’t know what I’d do with a coffee spill! Thanks for sharing the how to.
    Hugs, Jess

34. Conniecrafter says:

Glad to hear you had a fun and surprising birthday!!
    Such a lovely card!

35. Pam P says:

Absolutely beautiful, glad to hear you had a fun birthday.

36. Jenny Gropp says:

Hey Lady,
    Big Birthday wishes to you, belatedly.
    Looks like you had a wonderful one.
    Your cards are always so beautifully feminine…. sigh…. just gorgeous!

37. Awwww, sounds like you had a WONDERFUL birthday! :)

Love the pretty papers on your card. Gorgeous work as always, girlie.

38. This is absolutely lovely, Jerri! Delicate and soft with all the wonderful vintage charm I love so well!

Happy Birthday, Jerri…I’m so glad your day was super special!!!! I sooo love your gorgeous vintage card….girl, you blow me away with your attention to details intentional or not!!!! I love the distressing on the ribbon , lace, and flower and the paper is just perfect!!!!

Just happened upon your wonderful blog. Your vintage thank you caught my eye and I am a big fan of the silk ribbon….especially the baby blue. It looks awesome with the distressing….coffee and all. Thanks for the inspiration.
    Diane

41. Hi Jerri,

This is so very soft and elegant. I love your flower and designer paper. It’s just beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing your talent.

Hugs and Blessings,

Deb

42. Dee Jackson says:

Oh this is gorgeous!!

43. This is so pretty.. I bet your friend loved it.. I like happy mistakes. They worked out awesome here.. The colors on this card are so soft and soothing.. Great job..

44. Tosh says:

What an elegant beauty!! Love the dp you used as a bg to that gorgeous flower Jerri!! And your ribbon dying…fabulous!! A creative genius at work!! I’m in awe!