Dec 05 2010

Magnolia Chandelier Artfully Elegant Thank You’s

Published by at 10:58 pm under Thank You,Verve

Hi girls, today I have a trio of thank you cards enhanced with Magnolia Chandelier Garlands to show you. The picture is small and doesn’t show much detail. I’ve taken pictures of the cards individually to provide a closer view. Now that I’ve finished with the thank you cards I needed to get made up and sent out, I’ll soon be starting on Christmas designs.

ETA:  My sweet friend and Dirty Sister, Amy Sheffer of Pickled Paper Designs, advised me that Verve Stamps is hosting a Winter 2010 Triple Play Verve Project Parade.  Check out the link! I did, and I entered my cards .   .   . what fun! And there’s a participation prize being offer:  The entire January Release and a guest designer spot for the month of January.  There’s also a comment prize, a $25.00 Verve gift certificate.  You’ll want to read the deets so that you enter correctly to win.

My previous thank you cards were vintage. I’ve switched gears for this trio and went with a style more crisp, clean and classy with a bit of Asian flair. I’ve stayed with Verve’s Artful Elegance sentiment stamp and added a stamp from a coordinating set, Grateful Elegance. I love the colors I selected for these cards. This card was designed using a Nut Brown and Apricot color theme. I stamped and embossed the two parchment strips with super fine detail gold embossing powder and adhered them to the card with Zip Dry Adhesive. I made two silk bows using May Arts 1.5″ silk ribbon. The antique gold bow was made on the largest set of legs on the Bow Easy, the salmon pink bow was made on the next size down. I adhered a Prima Lilliput Marshmellow rose on top. The beautiful glass crystals are from Magnolia Chandelier Garland (light pink). I purchased them from a site in the UK about a year ago and have been hoarding them; however, they are now available in the U.S. I didn’t realize they were manufactured by Magnolia Stamps until I pulled them out to use them for these designs. Three pink Swarovski crystals were placed under the embossed sentiment. I used an 18Kt. Gold Krylon Pen to trace around the edges of the top panel on all three cards.

This close up shows the dimension of the bows and crystals. I used Zip Dry Adhesive to adhere all the panels and Aleene’s Quick Drying Tacky Glue to adhere the bows and the Magnolia Crystals. To get the straight embossed lines over and under each of the gold scrolls, I drew lines with a Quickie Glue Pen, sprinkled the embossing powder on them and then heat embossed.

Green is my favorite color, so needless to say, this is my favorite of the three cards. I sponged Certainly Celery ink onto the edges of the Prima Lilliput Marshmellow rose petals. I used the same antique gold May Arts silk ribbon on all three designs but changed the top, smaller bows to coordinate with the embossing paper. The embossing paper used on this card is Light Green and Nut Brown. Olive Swarovski crystals were adhered with PergaGlue.

This close up is showing a blue cast due to the early morning sunlight, the card above was taken the day before during the afternoon hours. The glass Magnolia Chandelier Garland (green) is so beautiful. The garland is twelve inches in length and can be cut with floral wire cutters. To make my sprays, I cut a large piece for the top spray and cut three individual branches, twisted them together and adhered them below the bottom of the bow.

After I took photos in the early afternoon I ran an errand. When I returned, the sun was going down and shining brightly into the window. This card was nearly glowing, the green glass crystals looked like they were on fire, with the flames reflecting on the card like shimmering pools of green fire. It truly was spectacular! I grabbed my camera to see if I could get a picture of what I was witnessing. Unfortunately, the photo came out pretty dark due to the brightness of the sunlight. So while you can’t see the bright glowing green I saw, you can see the flames reflecting on the paper to some degree. I only wish I had the knowledge and experience to capture what I saw when I came into the room to share with you. It was so beautiful!

Well, again, the strong blue rays of the sun have altered the colors in this card as well. I used Light Yellow and Nut Brown embossing paper on this card and it is very pretty, in this photo the color appears cream. I love the Magnolia Chandelier Garland. The glass crystals are called yellow, but as you can see, they are more amber in color. In the picture, the amber Swarovski crystals are showing lighter than what they actually are. The flower is from the same pack of Prima Lilliput Marshmellow roses. The stamens were a perfect match of cream and yellow.

I used the coordinating colors on the inside of the cards, stamping the same design on the inside.  Again, the lines were were drawn with a Quickie Glue Pen, gold embossing powder was sprinkled and heat set. And, yet again .   .   . the colors are not showing true due to the intense blue in the sun’s rays.  But I promise, the inside of the cards do match the outside .   .   . LOL!

Thank you so much for stopping by. I’m off to get to work on some Christmas designs. Wishing you a wonderful and happy day of crafting!

52 Responses to “Magnolia Chandelier Artfully Elegant Thank You’s”

1. […] A Touch &#959f Grace » Magnolia Chandelier Artfully Elegant Thank Y&#959&#965’s […]

Gracious, girl – these are gorgeous! You never cease to amaze and inspire me. Thank you so much for posting these little beauties.

3. Dealbaida says:

Yet more scrumptiousness! As yummy and inspirational as ever. Thank you Jerri!

Marion
    UK

4. Susan says:

All 3 are stunners so I’m glad I don’t have to vote on a winner,

thanks for sharing and the details, your work is certainly inspiring

5. God created a masterpeice when you were born.

6. Pam P says:

These are gorgeous! Do you send these through the mail and if so what do you mail them in? Your work is so beautiful, I am always so anxious to see what you will post for us next.

Jerri, I am intrigued by those Chandelier Garlands. Wow!! What elegance they bring to your beautiful cards. The people receiving these cards will keep them as treasures.

These just took my breath away. Stunning!

9. CherylQuilts says:

Wow, Jerri, this is an amazing way to use this set! I love these…so beautiful…and what a great idea to stamp that lovely border on parchment…adds so much!

Beautiful Jerri! I love the colors of each one. Great thank you cards.
    Thanks for sharing them with us!

11. Amy Johnson says:

Wow! How elegant and beautiful! I love the ribbon and the sparkly things!

12. Clare Curcio says:

Lovely thank you’s! Works of art in themselves!

13. Lynne Hurlburt says:

As always so very elegant !! I was thinking the very same question as above. Do you mail them and if so in what? I think we should all get one of them for Christmas, what do you think? Just teasing you Jerri. As I know just how expensive postage can be anymore. Have a great day! Our card group is having our Christmas lunch today and we got a couple inches of snow over night. :O( Hugs n’ Stuff, Lynne

14. Sonya Appel says:

These are so beautiful that they will require a thank you note from those that receive them!!! Truely a keeper by anyone that receives it!! Of course I have never seen anything that you have created that wasn’t!

15. Elaine says:

These are beautiful! Love the crystal embellishments!

These are stunning Jerri! The jewels and flowers really add such an elegance to them. ~Diane

17. Sylvia Johnson says:

Jerri, these are gorgeous. I love the elegance of the crystals. The beautiful May’s Art silk ribbon is so wonerful. The gold embossing is beautiful. Heck all 3 cards are so pretty. TFS.

18. Gorgeous in every detail. Breathtakingly beautiful…love those chandelier crystals!

19. Conniecrafter says:

Oh Wow those are just Beautiful, those crystals really do add a wonderful touch to them, I need to go through my craft supplies and see what items I may have that would work on a card, once again beautiful inspiration!!

Oh Jerri, Thanks so much for sharing that exquisite photo of the ‘green fire’! It is lovely! I, too, often am baffled when a pic I see with my own eyes, just doesn’t seem to translate into that same beauty on film. (or digi).
    I did once capture sun rise over the trees and lake in the early morning hours. I was at a friend’s house on a lake in northern Maine. I took several pix about 5 minutes apart, and you can see the glow of the sun as it made it’s rise over the top of the trees and shone on the lake. Gorgeous! I will scrap them, as soon as I figure out how I want it to look.
    Thanks for sharing your pretty cards.
    Hugs, Jess

21. Carol Southern says:

Again and again you come up with spectacular creations like these, they are beautiful. I love all the colours and wouldn’t like to pick a favourite. Thanks for all the info on how you achieved these beauties.

22. LOVE these!! It’s fun to see some Verve-y goodness on those cards! Hugs,

23. Maria says:

Absolutely beautiful! Everything you do is stunning. I do not know how you are going to give these away! I cannot wait to see what you have planned for Christmas.

24. Janet Castle says:

Beautiful cards…love the oriental touch Jerri!!!! While we could not see what you saw, I enjoyed every sparkle and shadow…thanks for sharing!
    Jan Castle
    PS Thanks for your comments too!

25. Maz says:

Hi Jerri!

Your thank you notes are so elegant. Just like all your creations. I love the way you did the bows. The silk ribbon is gorgeous. My favourite color is green too and I love that one. Then again I love all of them. The chandelier garlands make them look very exquisite. You know just how to display them on a card. The roses in the centre of the ribbon look so lovely. They are very life like.
    Hugs Maz

26. Dottie says:

These are so lovely. Do you ever mail any? If so what kind of envelope? I love to try one.

• Jerri Kay says:

Hi Dottie, Yes, I do mail cards like these, I very tenderly wrap them in tissue paper and bubble wrap. I place the wrapped card in a small cardboard box, similar to that of a USPS small flat rate box. The shipping is usually a couple of dollars. My favorite way to present a card like this is to place it in a small gift bag and tie the handles with a bit of the silk ribbon. The recipient is very appreciative! I think this is a special way of letting someone know how much you loved their gift and how special they are to you. Jerri

27. Dottie Davis says:

Knock out dead gorgeous! I love the glitz but I, too, am wondering how you mail these bulky cards. I would imagine those bubble envelopes may do the trick. Do you have to write on them, “hand stamp”? Isn’t it just plain wonderful to create something that causes your own heart to jump? Little creators made in His image. This gives us just a minuscule idea of how happy He is of His greatest creation…us.

28. Sue K (Australia) says:

WOW WOW WOW love thos chandeliers. Stunning job as usual Jerri.

29. Amy Sheffer says:

Amazing, Jerri! Your gorgeous bows, with the chandelier garlands are AMAZING! Lovin’ that Verve, too! Are you entering these in Verve’s Triple Play challenge? You should!!

30. Silke Ledlow says:

Breathtakingly fabulous cards Jerri! The chandliers are over top awesome…what a perfect embellishment..truly elegant with the embossing!

Enjoy the holiday season! Hugs ~S~

31. Maria Matter says:

Popped over from SCS….these are absolutely gorgeous Jerri!
    TFS!!!
    hugs & blessings!

32. Tammy E. says:

Elegant and beautiful! TFS!

33. Ursula Uphof says:

Such stunning cards Jerri, actually works of art. Warm wishes

34. Barbara says:

These are positively beautiful!! I saw the Magnolia Chandelier Garlands , but the pictures on the site selling them certainly doesn’t do them justice. TFS

35. Tonniece says:

Love the soft colors and simple elegance of your cards Jerri, and those Magnolia Chandelier Garlands are wonderful.

Hugs
    Tonniece

36. Julee says:

These are all just stunning. Such gorgeous details in each one!

37. Anne says:

These cards are gorgeous!! I am in love with them!! Your talent & creativity always give me a WOW factor !! :)

38. Anne says:

Forgot to ask you one thing – How do you post these cards as they have thickness! Do you put them in a thick box all the time? I am afraid the postman may smash the card if the box is too fragile!! :(

39. As always Jerri.. Yup these are GORGEOUS!! Even the insides are a treat! Pure beauty.

40. Love Love LOVE that crystal garland!!

41. Michelle R says:

Good grief…is there NOTHING you can’t do? :) Love every detail of these. Fabulous work, my friend!!!

42. America says:

WOW- WOMAN!!! These are incredibly BEATIFUL designs! YOU ARE the MOST amazing floral arrangement designer!!! Wonderful inspiring work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

43. Carol says:

Beautiful thank you cards. The crystal garland adds a very elegant touch to them.

44. Janine says:

WOW!!! Jerri these are amazing!!!

These are breathtakingly beautiful, Jerri!! Those crystal sprays are stunning, and I love your flowers and soft colors!!

46. emily says:

Your cards are beautiful and I know exactly what you mean about not being able to capture what you see with a camera (but in my mind I can imagine exactly what you mean!). Love your work, as always . You are such an artist!
    Thanks for sharing! :o)

What gorgeous cards, Jerri…the Magnolia glass crystals add such an elegant touch!!!! Love how you doubled up the bows, too, and the embossed strips are sooo pretty!!!!

48. These are incredibly gorgeous, Jerri! I thought at first they were little gift soaps all packaged up. Your thank you cards are like precious gifts, themselves!

49. velta says:

Hey there my friend…sry I haven’t been around for a while…I made handmade Christmas gifts for friends and family and I really have not had the time (working full time) to get around and visit. Your last few posts are, as always, amazingly beautiful Jerri! I love these crystal embellishments…you have gone over the top “again!”

50. Linda Duke says:

Amazing Jerri! Your art is always so beautiful. Love the photo with the sun on it. Hugs my friend 😉

51. Oh Jerri,

Wait a minute, Sorry I had to get off the floor. :) These are just breathtaking. What can I say Girlie, You’ve done it again. Lovely just Lovely.

Hugs and Blessings,