Dec 24 2010

Merry Christmas from Our Home to Yours!

Merry Christmas from our home to yours!

I wish you all a Blessed holiday season with family and friends.  May God’s blessings fill your hearts with joy and peace throughout the coming year!

I would like to share with you a part of our holiday traditions.  In past years I’ve shared pictures of my dining room.  This year I’d like to share a few bits and pieces of my holiday decorating in some of the rooms of our home. These decorations have been in our home since Stephen was born.  They are packed carefully at the end of each season and stored away until the following year.

I’m standing on the upstairs balcony for this picture.  I wanted to get the front entryway and it was nearly impossible from the ground floor.  Each year I decorate three trees, one on each side of the front door and one in the family room.

Mr. & Mrs. Claus have been in our family for 20 years, I purchased them when Stephen was three months old.  Mrs. Claus is holding a lantern, unfortunately the glare from the light illuminates her face in this picture.  They are motionettes from Telco, the picture is a bit blurry due to the movements of their arms and heads.  The tree is to the left of the front door and surrounded with poinsettias, lighted Christmas gifts, and lots of snow.  Candy canes are placed on the trees and given to visiting guests as they are leaving.

To the right of the front door is an identical tree, also surrounded by poinsettias, Christmas gifts, snow and two adorable Santa’s elves.

These little guys have also been with us for 20 years, I got them when I purchased Mr. & Mrs. Claus.  I’ve saved Stephen and Daniel’s Brio toys for future grandchildren.  Some were borrowed from the toy box to place on the elves’ work benches.  The elves are also motionettes from Telco, their arms move, as well as their heads.  We also have a large Lional train set that we put around one of the trees.  This year, due to limited time, we didn’t get it placed under the tree.  There’s always next year!

Nearly every room is filled with Christmas decorations.  Tables, the fireplace, etc., nothing is left without a bit of decoration.  The center table in this picture has a nativity scene made out of clay that was fired in a kiln.  The boys made the pieces throughout the years they were in elementary school.  I have the entire nativity collection and treasure it.

This is our main tree in the family room.  Can you see the painted ornaments on it?  The tree is also filled with ornaments the boys made throughout the years in school.  Each hand made ornament is lovingly placed on the tree every year and gently wrapped and placed back into storage for the next year.  These ornaments are my treasure! You’ll notice there are no ornaments on the bottom six inches of the tree.  This is due to two reasons: (1) my cat, and (2) we always seems to knock them off Christmas morning with retrieving the gifts from under the tree.

As promised, I’ve included pictures of the water colored Spellbinders Heirloom Ornaments that I painted last month.  They are nestled within the branches of the tree.

Due to lighting conditions (this is a dark room), I had to use flash.  Unfortunately this produces an overly bright picture.

And last of all, the Christmas wreath made using Spellbinders Assorted Leaves dies.

I’ve been busy these last few weeks with decorations, Christmas Shopping, social engagements, Stephen coming home, wrapping gifts, etc.   .    .    .  well, you all know the routine .   .   .  LOL!

I’ll be back to designing after the holidays.  My family and I are headed on vacation the day after Christmas and will return New Year’s Eve.

I look forward to getting back to work and posting new designs in the coming year.  I would like to thank you all for visiting with me throughout this year.  Each and every one of you is a blessing to me, thank you for all the sweet comments and encouragement you give to me with every visit you make.

A Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

Jerri

44 Responses to “Merry Christmas from Our Home to Yours!”

1. Priyanka says:

amazing, everything is beautiful like heaven,I was going through your picture again and agin and try to see every tiny thing, really precious,Merry Christmas to you too.

2. Rebekka says:

How absolutely stunning! Merry Christmas.

3. Elaine Allen says:

Jeri –

What a beautifully decorated home you have. But most importantly, I feel that this is a labor of love for you. It is quite evident all the love you put into making things memorable for your family. How lucky they are. Wishing all of you a truly wonderful Christmas and may 2011 be a spectacular year for all of you. Thank you so much for a year filled with your incredible art.

Elaine Allen

4. Tosh says:

Oh Jerri!! Your decorations are stunning!! And I love your handmade ornaments!!
    Merry, Merry Christmas my friend!!

5. Michelle R says:

Breathtakingly beautiful…every last detail! Merry Christmas, my sweet friend! I hope you enjoy Christmas with your family and make many wonderful and lasting memories!

6. Robbie says:

Thank you for sharing your home with all of us in cyberland. It doesn’t surprise me to see such a lovely one. My husband and I would like to wish you a very Merry Christmas, safe travels, and a Happy New Year! God bless you and your family!!

7. Donna G says:

HiJerri,
    Your home and decorations are so beautiful! I too treasure all of the handmade ornaments made by my daughter and me during the years, and I consider them some of my most precious treasures.
    I hope you and your family have a wonderful, blessed Christmas, and I look forward to seeing what new creations your talent brings in the new year! Thank you for sharing the pictures of your lovely home and your beautiful works of art with us.
    God bless you & your family,
    Donna G

8. renee logan says:

beautiful..thanks for sharing your art and your home.

9. Elaine Moore says:

Thank you for sharing your lovely home with us – having things your children made through the years makes it extra special. Have a wonderful Christmas!!

10. Deb Saaranen says:

Just like a magazine Jerri! What a beautiful surrounding for you and your precious family! Have a blessed and wonderful Christmas Day!

11. kit legan says:

What a beautiful home. Thank you for sharing. I as well have many decorations, ornaments that have been with us for many years. What a blessing to be able to reflect back each year on those most precious memories. Hope you and your family have a blessed Christmas and a wonderful New Year. Can’t wait to see what you have in store for us for 2011. (No pressure!) I’m sure I speak for others when I say how Blessed we feel that you are so willing to share your creative talent with so many of us. Thanks again for all you beautiful inspirations.

12. cepet says:

So gorgeous! Merry Christmas to you and your family, Jerry.

13. Julia says:

Thanks for sharing your gorgeous home and all the wonderful decorations. Have a blessed Christmas!!!

14. amy johnson says:

What a beautiful home you have! Gorgeous decorations too!

Jerri, I want to wish you and your family a wonderful Christmas and I love all your decorations throughout your beautiful home. THe handmade ones are over the top gorgeous! I love all the decorations you have had for 20 years and what a wonderful Christmas memory they make. Happy New Years to you and yours also, my friend!

Your home is beautiful. Thank you for sharing it with us.

17. Judy Covey says:

What an absolutely gorgeous home you have so beautifully decorated for the season. Thank you so much for sharing … I wish that I had a much larger home so that I could have something more than a 4.5′, but then there are families that don’t even have a home, so I do feel blessed and thankful for what I do have. Wishing you and yours a Very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and thanks for all the inspiration that you have provided your blogging friends throughout the years.

Merry Christmas Jerri! I loved seeing your home, and how you decorate it. It’s absolutely fabulous! I wish you a very happy holiday season!

19. Marie L says:

Merry Christmas to you and your family.
    Jerri, you have a gorgeous home and it is beautifully decorated. Enjoy your vacation and I can’t wait to see what you will be showing us in the new year.

20. Lynne Hurlburt says:

What a beautiful home you have and you decorate it so nice. Have a great holiday. Hugs n’ Stuff, Lynne

21. Ursula Uphof says:

Thank you Jerri for letting us have a peak into your beautifully decorated home. Everyhing is so lovely. Our Cchristmas day is almost over, but I am sure you will still be enjoying a wonderful day with your family. I wish you many Blessings and have a lovely vacation. Warm wishes from South Africa.

22. alex says:

Merry Christmas to you and your family.

thanks for sharing your art and your home.

23. Mickie says:

What a lovely home and your decorations are beautiful. Hope you have a safe and happy vacation.

24. Tonniece says:

Thanks for the peek into your home Jerri, it is beautiful.

MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and yours.

Hugs
    Tonniece

25. Linda Duke says:

Your home is just beautiful, and your decorations are stunning… Merry Christmas my friend, here’s to an exciting New Year!!!

26. Anne says:

Your home and Christmas decor are all very beautiful. How I wish I could have one like yours!! Hope you have a wonderful vacation and looking forward to your new creations next year!!

27. Teresa says:

Isn’t it fun to get out all the older decorations year after year. Such great memories fill each one. HAPPY NEW YEAR WITH GODS BLESSINGS.

28. Janet Castle says:

You made my day!!! Your decorations are beautiful and so well placed. This year I did not decorate, (hardly home until today), but because of the Internet and my neighbors, I felt I had. Enjoyed listening and participating in Christmas music, and remembering the most important reason for the season – Jesus.
    Thank you Jerri for sharing your talent all year long – your are loved and appreciated!
    Jan Castle

29. Beverly says:

Just beautiful, Jerri, and a Merry Xmas to you and your family and a Happy 2011…..Beverly from Maine

30. Beverly says:

You decorations are Beautiful…..Beverly

31. Conniecrafter says:

You have a Beautiful home and such a neat welcome for your guests. Love your ornaments just gorgeous. Hope you all enjoy a safe and fun vacation!

32. jean wilson says:

Jerri
    Merry Belated Christmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year to you and yours. Thanks for sharing all your wonderful work with us! You never cease to amaze me!

33. Carol Southern says:

I’m a little late with the Christmas wishes, but a very happy, healthy New Year to you and your family.

34. Mary says:

Your photos should be published in one of those decorating magazines!
    I can tell how much effort you put into decorating and making your home
    warm, festive and inviting to all those who enter (including us)…

Hope you have a wonderful holiday:)

35. Cynde says:

Jerri your decorations are so beautiful! Your home looks like it’s decorated for a magazine. So very lovely. I can tell how much it all means to you. I too treasure the things my two children have made and the memories from all the years. I do hope your vacation is a restful one and Fun. Merry Christmas to you and yours also. I will be following you next year as well. I’m always tickled to see what you have done. You never fail to amaze me.

36. Thank you for inviting us into your beautiful home, Jerri! What a pleasure! Happy holidays to you!

37. Patricia Tos says:

So pleased I have found you through a friend. Your home looks beutiful, it must be full of love.
    I look forward to learning from you.
    Kind regards and a merry christmas. May all your dreams come true xx

38. Marian says:

Your decorating and your home are gorgeous! How lovely to have you share this with us. I thoroughly understand about the cats! lol My tree is coming down very early this year because the cats won’t leave anything on it!

I hope your Christmas was fabulous, Jerri!! Your home looks so beautiful and festive!!

You have decorated you home sooo beautifully, Jerri…it looks like a dream!!!! Love all your hand made ornaments, too…they are prettier than any store bought ornament, for sure!!!! Hope you Christmas was wonderful!!!!

41. emily says:

Your home is so festive and elegant. Thank you for sharing the photos of your decorations and Happy New Year!

42. Janine says:

What a beautiful home Jerri!! Thanks for sharing these pics!! Happy New Year to you and your family!!

43. Pam R says:

Your home is stunning all dressed up for Christmas.I am the other way.Three years ago I had my knee operated on right before Christmas and we were going to my sons so we did not put up a tree.The next year we went back and forth about dragging it all out and it never made it out.This year we gave away our fake tree and said to heck with it.I had to laugh at all my friends who crabbed about putting all the stuff back in the boxes and storing it again.My husband and I just said ahhhhhhhhh and had a nice laugh.No one comes here so really is a pain to haul it all out for just us.We went to my friends house who decorates like you do and gazed upon her lovely tree.You do a nice job and I really enjoy your blog.Thanks for providing us with such pretty work.

44. Sherian Dixon says:

Love, love, love these ornaments!!