Jan 19 2011

Designer Luggage with a Fun Twist

I have a few fun cards I’d like to share today.  I designed this purse a few years ago from a Cole Hahn purse my husband had given me for my birthday. The initial “E” was stenciled in with an Anna Griffin stencil and embossed.

Some slight variations by changing the “fabric” (DCWV – LA CREME) of the purse, using a different embossing folder, adding some flowers, a bit of scrolls to the handle.  I used JustRite stampers to personalize the purse by adding the recipient’s name.

This is the “original” piece that gave me my inspiration.  I still have so much fun with this purse, I have a matching pair of shoes, but don’t wear them as often  .    .    .  they are soooooo much fun, but I’m getting too old for the “heels”  .    .    .  LOL!

Okay, okay, I had to share the shoes  .    .    .   are they adorable or what!  The rhinestones are green to match the green in the purse. Tiny brads surround the rhinestones.  Huge chunky brads/tacks  around the bottom leather strips .   .   . love them!  These shoes are fabulous with denim pants and jacket, a nice chunky turtle neck under the jacket  .    .   .  okay, I’m ready to get dressed and go out   .    .    .  LOL!  Now to make a template for the shoes .    .    .  what fun!

My inspiration for this piece came from a piece of carry on lugguge my husband has.  I added a few pockets to make it look a bit more feminine. I used a Fiskars embossing plate for the texture.

My inspiration for this piece was a cosmetic case I saw in a catalog.  This piece goes with the other two pieces that have the leopard print.

I didn’t really have an inspiration photo for this piece.  I wanted something a bit more masculine for the guys.  I love the designer paper, it’s so perfect for the “world” traveler. I would love to purchase a piece of luggage with canvas fabric similar to this pattern.  I love the hemp placed on the handle, a perfect touch.  I used a Stampin’ Up! background stamp (Linen) to give the beige fabric some texture.

Another variation of the suitcase above.  I changed the handle and added a monogram, adding a bit of a personal touch to the design.  The copper sheeting (from Spellbinders) behind the monogram was cut with a Spellbinders circle die.   I used a Stampin’ Up! paisley background stamp on the blue paper, although a bit difficult to see in this photo.   I changed the “fabric” color, I love this blue paper, it’s another perfect choice for this masculine design.  This was a thank you card I sent to a gentleman in appreciation for something nice he had done for me.  I used JustRite stampers to personalize the card.

Thanks for stopping by.  I’ll be back soon.

55 Responses to “Designer Luggage with a Fun Twist”

1. Freedom Stanford says:

These are adorable! I have such a hard time finding designs for masculine cards. I just love the masculine look on these! Is there a template that you used, or did you just “wing it”?

Cute! Cute! CUTE!! These are wonderful! I love the creativity – all the color, texture, and detail in each item. Creativity at it’s best!! Bravo Jerri, once again you created little masterpieces. Thank you for the inspiration!

3. Rebekka says:

OH My Word! These are absolutely stunn!

4. Lynburros says:

Love them…do you have a turorial?

5. Sue C. says:

As always, your work is amazing. Thank you for sharing.

6. Okay Miss Jerri, I can’t take it anymore. THESE ARE ADORABLE!!!!!! Oh My Girlie you have been busy. I just love these. Wonderful, Wonderful, Wonderful work.

Hugs and Blessings,

Deb

7. Sandi Christen says:

I am picking myself up off the floor (not easy either for being in my sixties) I thought these were real purses!!! I am shocked to find out they are cards. The lucky recipients!!!

Sandi

Each and every one of these are adorable, Jerri! Lots of work but look like so much fun to make.

9. How wonderfully creative. I want one in every color.

10. Julie Regan says:

Oh wow! These cards are beautiful!! I thought they were real purses at first glance too. So stunning.
    I love your work, Jerri.

11. Heather Peel says:

hi jerri . what wonderful creations you have made . Your talents are so many .I love them all. Thankyou .yes i too would love a tutorial how to Please . hugs Heather

12. Hi Jerri,

Absolutely STUNNING!!! I LOVE all of these beauties and I’m continuously amazed at the creative spirit you share with all of us. I have learned when there is a wee bit of silence, from you, between posts, there is “something up” and although you say these gorgeous purses and shoes were done awhile ago, they are all so yummie to look at now.

You always keep us inspired!!

Hugs,
    Vickie

13. Angela says:

Oh my these are wonderful! Each and every pocketbook and suitcase/briefcase is so beautiful and unique. Love the patterns you chose and how you’ve combined different textures. Would love to see the inside too and maybe a template or tutorial? Is that next? hugs, Angela :)

14. Maz says:

Hi Jerri!
    These bags are so elegant. Just like the creator me thinks. They are so beautifully made.
    I wouldn’t know where to begin to make something as lovely as these.
    Hugs Maz

15. cepet says:

Oh, Jerri how inspiring! Each of these cards are adorable! I am in awe of your talent!

16. Julia says:

Ok, now I want a tutorial!!! LOL. Your work is fantastic and so inspiring!!!

17. Regina N says:

I love these. can you please give a tutorial. TFS

18. Jenny says:

I would love to buy your tutorial for these. They are absolutely stunning!

19. Cindy Lou says:

How absolutely cute! I had to take a double look at first, but when I saw the inspiration it all became quite clear. What an inspiration you are! Thanks so much for sharing both your inspiration and your work. Such a great idea for anyone going on a trip! I may give this a go myself. Thanks for sharing!

My jaw is on the floor! Love them all! Who ever (other than you) would use a purse or some luggage and redesign it to make a fabby card. You are amazing!

21. Michelle R says:

How FUN those are…and so creative!!! I love every single one of them, Jerri! And you ARE NOT getting too old for those snappy heels! LOL!

22. These are wonderful! What detail and artristry you put in every piece. I love them all and especially the masculine because I am always looking for those. Thanks for sharing your talent!

Jerri, these purse cards are so life-like if that is a word…LOL! Love them and all the creative ideas you used to make them with. Simply wonderful, gf!

24. Beth Norman says:

Oh my heavens. You rock! The detail, the DP. Very classy.

25. Pia says:

Now I have enjoyed your site for some time and every time your posts makes me loose my mouth, but now I just have to make a comment.
    These are just so absolutely stunning, you make so beautiful work.
    As others have said – a tutorial and pattern please.
    Have you benn sewing the edges on a machine ?

26. Debbie B says:

These are adorable!!! I love all the detail. Will you be doing a tutorial?
    I love coming to your site to see what you have created. Keep up the good work!!

Debbie B

27. Wendy Moore says:

I’m so wishing I had the eye to reproduce these purses. I’m a purse freak and would love to translate them to paper. I think maybe I’ll give it a try today. You’ve inspired me to create – thanks for sharing your outstanding work. Love the original “real” purse too!

28. Bev J. says:

They are all so gorgeous!

Oh my gosh Jerri! These are just lovely. And those shoes!!! To die for! I haven’t worn heals in years. But I might try it for something as cool as them!
    The purse’s and luggage are adorable. As always, you are so talented! TFS
    Oh and My initial is J too! lol
    Hugs, Jess

30. Dottie Davis says:

Oh, my goodness! These are just too fabulous…I was shocked to read they were not the real thing! So much detail. Gee’s, guys card ideas are so hard to come up with unless they are a tool belt kinda guy. This realllllly helps me with all the men in our family who are out of town frequently on business. There must have been steam coming out of your art room the day you made all of these! LOL.

31. Rufus says:

Inspirational! These are great. Did you have a template or did you just free cut them? Love the masculine ones. Guy type stuff is always so difficult! These are just perfect for that. Thanks for sharing them and giving me some great ideas!
    R/

32. Oh my more fabulous projects, you are so creative and talented, love all the details you put into these, what a special gift!

33. Terre Munk says:

OK, Jeri, you’ve outdone yourself this time. Absolutely stunning…your creativity is beyond amazing! These are THE CUTEST! Thank you for sharing. Are you going to do a tutorial (or is it in progress? Would love to have directions.)

34. Hi Jerri!
    These are out of this world adorable!!
    I know it would be a lot of work,but is there a tutorial for any of them?

Thank you so much for sharing your talent and the inspiration!

Blessings and Hugs,

Mary

P.S. How is Kitty? keeping you in prayer.

These are all awesome Jerri, I love that you showed us your inspiration pieces too! A whole new line for you! Thanks for sharing.

36. I would like to see a tutorial on those.. They are so awesome. Thank you for sharing. I will have to print out this page and PLAY! Dottie

37. Thelma says:

Jerri I have wanted to make one of these purses for a long time. I even bought the paper you used in the one with the tulips on it (long ago) but it just seems too hard. Is there any way you could give us the dimensions of the pattern pieces you used in the first purses you have on here? I don’t expect you to go through one of your amazing tutorials, but it would be nice to have the sizes and also, how you turned it into a card. ie what does the inside look like and where is the fold? Thank you. As always your work blows me away.

38. Tonniece says:

Total Awesomeness….? is that a word? lol
    Love every one of them Jerri. You rock.

Hugs
    Tonniece

39. Frances says:

Wonderful creations, love it!!

40. alex says:

I love it…love the colors the shapes wonderful idea…pls do a tutorial at least for the mesurments. thanks for sharing.

41. I *LOVE* the purses!!! I think I would make everything into a purse, if I could. What’s so funny is, I don’t carry a purse. I use to, when the boys were little, but I gave up years ago as there was more of their stuff in it than mine! Now I carry a purse only if I’m going to need my driver’s license. On a normal day, I tuck my cash into my bra! My mom taught me that years ago…she called it “Bank of the Breast”. …. right side is checking, left side is savings! LOL The kids love it because I never want the coin change, so I give it to them.

Now the shoes…well, as a dyed in the wool California native daughter, I do NOT like wearing shoes, ever. When I left my job back in ’98, I threw away all my shoes with heels. They are super cute, though! :)

42. Patti G says:

I would love to be half as talented as you These are AWESOME!!!! Would love a tutorial PLEASE!!!!

43. Susie says:

FAB-U-lous! These are cutest purses I’ve seen and they’re cards no less. Aren’t you clever! Everyone is asking for a tutorial – count me in too 😉

44. Anne says:

Jerri, You always come up with a “wow factor” on all the products you made. You are really a great source of inspiration for me !! You are a genius!!

45. Janet Castle says:

I have to tell you Jerri…I had a hard time telling which was real and which was paper! You are really an artist!!!!! Beautifully done!
    Hugs,

46. Carol Southern says:

Wow what a wonderful collection of unique cards. These are tops. You are so creative, you amaze me with what you come up with.

47. amy johnson says:

Wow! These are amazing! They are so realistic looking and so full of detail. I made a purse tote out of paper a few posts back on my blog, and its NOTHING like yours! Yours are truly stunning.

They all look incredible, Jerri…and your attention to the tiny details is impressive!! My favorite is the second one, but they all are wonderful!!

Each and every one of your purses is over the top, Jerri….I will always remember our DD gallery with the travel theme…it was sooo wonderful to travel to Africa with you!!! I will always treasure the purse you sent me, too…it has a place of honor in my craft room!!!

50. marsha W says:

These are fantastic! Like everyone else I want to know if you have a tutorial on how to make them?
    If you do , where might I find it….order it….and pay for it. Inquiring minds!!

51. Oh, my gosh, they’re all FABULOUS, and I LOVE the shoes!!

52. These are all SO FUN!! Such wonderful designs. LOVE these, Jerri. (And those shoes are adorable, too!)

53. Janine says:

Jerri… These are amazing!! I want one of each!!

54. Joanne says:

Jerri – I am totally in awe of all your creations – just found your Blog this week – and those purses/luggage – I see lots of requests for a tutorial – buy a pattern, etc. – anything happening in that regard? Thanks so much for all your beautiful inspiring work.