Jan 21 2011

Love is in the Air JustRite Challenge Stamp Simply Style

Hi girls, welcome to this week’s JustRite Challenge.  I’m super thrilled to be a part of the Stamp Simply Design Team and participating in this fun challenge!  There is a wonderful prize package being offered with a value of $100, partially sponsored by The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store.  All of the Stamp Simply girls are playing today and we hope you can play along with us and at the same time have a chance at winning a fun prize package.  This week’s challenge is Love is in the Air, asking us to create a project reflecting love.  Check out the full details and post your entries at the JustRite Blog.

These Graphic 45 papers are simply gorgeous!  They are available in the Stamp Simply Once Upon a Springtime Kit (or you can purchase an 8 x 8  pad separately)  .   .   .   they are so beautiful and versatile!  I can’t wait to use the papers in more designs, so many gorgeous colors to choose from. I paired it up with Carnation White and Apricot papers for this wedding card.

I chose a coordinating paper for the inside of the card.  A Martha Stewart punch was used for the trim.

A corner punch was used to round the corners of the card base.  The floral card panel was cut with a craft knife.  Spellbinders Dahlia dies were used for the English rose; the leaves were cut from Spellbinders Daisy Heads dies.  The rose was layered on a panel embossed and cut (with a craft knife) from an Open Passe-Partout stencil.  An 18Kt. Krylon pen was used to trace around all edges of the panels for added elegance.

There is a lot of dimension on this card, the panels were raised with Joy! Craft foam pads. The tag was created with JustRite’s new Fancy Tags cling set of stamps and cut with JustRite’s new Nested Frame dies. Tim Holtz Tattered Rose Distress Ink was used on the tag and sponged on the rose petals.  I used the “Mr. & Mrs.” stamp from the Fancy Tags set on the tag. Due to the bright sunlight, the sentiment is not showing well in the photo.  It’s soft and pretty, very readable on the card. I used 1.5″ and 1.4″ inch silk ribbon for the bows, made with the Bow Easy.   The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store carries the full JustRite line and is fully stocked with all new product in both the original ribbed and cling versions as well as dies.  The gorgeous embellishment on the ribbon is from Webster’s Pages Vintage Sparklers Buttons which is also available at the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store. To order from the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store just send Sharon an email at ssj@up.net, along with your state/zip or country, and she’ll get an invoice out to you.

Don’t forget to visit the JustRite blog for all the details and to post your challenge entries.  You’ll also want to visit the other designers’ blogs to see their gorgeous designs.  You’re in for a treat, I promise!

JustRite Stampers Blog

Sharon Johnson, Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Linda Duke

Holly McMillen

Barb Schram

Michelle Woerner

Deb Saaranen

Jerri Jimenez (that’s me)

Thanks so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate your visit.

62 Responses to “Love is in the Air JustRite Challenge Stamp Simply Style”

1. First, it’s so so awesome to have you with us, Jerri!!!! You are such an inspiration to me. I am such a non-girly girl and your stuff is so elegant and feminine that it touches that part deep in my soul. Makes me want to have a tea party and wear big hats! LOL Everything about this creation is so feminine and frilly! Beautifully done!!

2. STUNNING Jerri! And, can I say again how much I love designing on a team with you again? Your creations are always so amazing to see!! Hugs!

3. Deb Saaranen says:

So beautiful Jerri! The detail is just stunning…(as always!!!)…the colors and design gorgeous!

4. Angela says:

Oh this is so beautiful! Jerri your work is always so stunning! It is such a treat for me to visit your blog! Have a great weekend! big hugs, Angela

5. This is just the yummiest card. What a gorgeous work of art.

6. Congrats…have fun with all the Stamp Simply DT. Very beautiful card. Love your layout and color so much….

Gorgeous Jerri! I love the ribbon and the rose!

8. How gorgeous and intricate Jerri! Such beautiful florals! And I just love all those layers. I know you’ll have a wonderful time on Sharon’s team….and you’ll do such beautiful work as always!

9. Sandra ltb says:

beautiful!
    Sandra ltb

10. Bev J. says:

Beautiful and what a gorgeous rose!!

11. Karen Wallace says:

Oh how I wish those stencils were made for the machines to cut out. They are just amazing!! Gorgeous card!

12. cepet says:

Just lovely, Jerri! I do so enjoy seeing your work!

13. Hi Jerri, you card is just adorable, love it. Charlene

14. Tracy says:

This is just stunning Jerri! I love the peaches on this card. Such pretty shades. All your cutwork is so lovely. I need to go back and reread your instructions for those dahlia flowers. They’re just gorgeous!

15. Janet Castle says:

You’re a PEACH Jerri! Your card is absolutely LUCIOUS!!!

16. Kerry Piader says:

Hi Jerri……….Your JustRite Stamp Simply card is just gorgeous as are all your beautiful card creations. Just one question…….wondering what you used as a brass embossing plate for the peach colored paper which you have attached the tiny silk bows to. Don’t think you mentioned what that was.

17. Karen says:

Jerri this stunning!! Thank you for sharing this. Embossing ads such a beautiful touch.

18. Carol Southern says:

Beautiful, beautiful card. Gorgeous colour and detail. Love your signature look!

19. Barbara R. says:

Simply Stunning Gerri. Your work is always so amazing and awesome to me. Glad you are part of the Design Team.

Barbara

20. Anne says:

Stunning as always!! I love your English rose esp.!! It is so uniquely “Jerri’s” card!! :)

21. Linda Duke says:

Girl!! This is beyond gorgeous. I’m so glad you have joined the this team so we get to see more of your beautiful art. Hugs Linda Duke

22. Jerri, this is so Gorgeous! Love those colors and the rose is so beautiful!
    I think who ever receives this should frame it!

Thank you for sharing!
    Have a great weekend!

Blessings and Hugs,

Mary

23. Donna G says:

Hi Jerri,
    Another gorgeous card! I have to stare at it and “drink it all in” to see everything and how beautifully it all comes together. Stunning, Jerri.
    Hugs,
    Donna G

24. velta says:

Hello my friend! Another beautiful creation!! That flower is amazing…I think you have the “flower” thing “perfected!!” Your colors are beautiful together with your design and I just love the tag, the bow, the button, the butterfly…as always you are a designer from the heart and it certainly shows! Thank you for sharing :)

25. ValerieC says:

WOW! Enough said!

I agree completely with what Holly said, I never come up with this girly stuff, but I do love it. Thats why I say that when I want absolutely gorgeous girly goodies, I come to your blog! Jerri you are truely an inspiration! Thanks so much.
    Hugs, Jess

27. Denise says:

How totally gorgeous inside and out!….love that feather!!

Hey Jerri, I didn’t realize this card was such a special one! Congrats on being a new design team member! I’ve loved your stuff for a long time, and I’m glad that you’ve been recognized by them! Congrats again!
    Hugs, Jess

Jerri, one word—GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30. barb schram says:

WOWSERS! Jerri, this is yet another stunning creation! LOVE you carried the papers to the card inside! PERFECTION! What a bleesing to be designing with you! Such a privilege!

31. Nancy says:

This is just beautiful, Jerri! All of your details are stunning!

This is so gorgeous, Jerri…and I love the colors you’ve used!! Your flower is so beautiful, and I love your perfect bow!! So very lovely!!

33. Stunning, such beautiful colors, embossing and layering!!!

34. Lisa Lynn says:

This is so beautiful!!! I can’t imagine the time it took to make this. It is worth it because it takes your breath away at the first look and then the mouth drops.

35. Colleen says:

Jerri,
    This is gorgeous! I love all the layers and your rose.

36. Laura says:

Beautiful Jerri! Love th G45 papers and you have taken them to new heights here!

37. Barbara says:

WOW This is exquisite !

Ooooh, what a beautiful design, Jerri…the layers and colors are absolutely gorgeous and the flower, feather, bow, and all the other details are exquisite!!!!

39. Jenny Gropp says:

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!

40. Sue K (Australia) says:

Jerri – as usual – just gorgeous – i love the peachy/apricot and green with white – its stunning.
    Am only now getting back into the card making and craft after another month of visitors – needed some inspiration – thanks! Have a great day. xx

41. amy johnson says:

How beautiful! THe flower and bow are just gorgeous!

42. Gorgeous papers, indeed! I love that soft apricot and all your ultra-feminine touches.

43. Michelle R says:

This is beautiful, Jerri! That flower is gorgeous, and the G45 papers are stunning! It has YOU written all over it! I LOVE your style!!!

44. Marian Berggren says:

Just gorgeous!! I am amazed at all the beautiful projects you share with us!! Thank you for sharing your work with us.

45. Jackie Tillman says:

Becca @Amazing Paper Grace.com is sharing the comment wealth and I picked you.
    Love this card. It is so elegant.

46. Marisa says:

Becca@Amazing Paper Grace.com is sharing the comment wealth and I picked you :) Your card is stunning! Love how you used the nesties.

47. Trisha says:

Wow! I saw comments about your site on Becca’s blog and I should have waited until tomorrow (this won’t count for the game we’re playing since I’m posting tonight), but you have done absolutely lovely work here! The feather and butterfly just jump off the card at me. It’s beautiful!

Thanks for sharing your talent and imagination.

48. Be still my heart! Another “Exquisite Creation by Jerri”!! There is so much detail and beauty here.. seriously fabulous!

49. alsmouse says:

What a lovely card, I really like how you used the Graphic 45 papers. Such wonderful inspiration. Thank you for sharing.
    “Becca at AmazingPaperGrace.com is Sharing the Comment Wealth and I picked you”
    ~C8>

50. Sylvia says:

Jerri,

Becca at AmazingPaperGrace.com is Sharing the Comment Wealth and I picked you. First time to your site and I’ll definitely be returning. Love your use of ribbons.

51. Tosh says:

Jerri, I swear, there is no one who makes flowers as gorgeous as you do. Wish we could get together and do some paper floral arranging!! Now that would be a treat! This is gorgeous!!

52. Cyndee Scholet says:

Becca at AmazingPaperGrace.com is Sharing the Comment Wealth and I picked you! I have enjoyed the creations on your blog…. the beautiful place settings you do for holidays…. your decorations for Christmas….the beautiful flowers you have made….your amazing pergamano creations….your lovely room decorated with the beautiful lacy items…..the amazing remodel you did on your studio.

Keep up the good work!

53. Your creativity is absolutely stunning! Everything I’ve seen you make is perfection. This is no exception
    Chris

54. Rebekka says:

This is stunning! You are so creative.

55. Janine says:

Just SO beautiful Jerri!

56. Susan says:

Just happened by your page and thought the designs are so pretty. I have just brought the dahlia die. Could youlet me know how you created the rose.

Beautiful!

57. […] Today I’m posting one of the cards in a series of six that I’ve made. I’ll be posting the rest of the cards throughout the month, as well as Valentine’s designs. I designed a card a few weeks ago using the floral papers in the kit, it can be viewed here: Love is in the Air. […]

58. […] Today I’m posting one of the cards in a series of six that I’ve made. I’ll be posting the rest of the cards throughout the month, as well as Valentine’s designs. I designed a card a few weeks ago using the floral papers in the kit, it can be viewed here: Love is in the Air. […]

59. Linda Taylor says:

Your work is absolutely stunning. I just enjoy looking at the things you make. I cold never hope to do this kind of work but it gives me hope for the simpler things in life. You are my hero!

60. […] a card a few weeks ago using some of the floral papers in this collection, it can be viewed here: Love is in the Air. If you missed the blue fairy card, it can be viewed here, the pink fairy card can be viewed here, […]