Feb 02 2011

Spellbinders: Valentine’s Designs – CHA Release

Today I finally get to share the exciting news I’ve been sitting on for several weeks.  See that logo above   .    .    .   the Spellbinders™ logo, uh huh, yea, that’s it   .     .     .   I’m thrilled to pieces to share with all of you that I am a proud new design team member of the Spellbinders™ Paper Arts Blog Team.

Trust me ladies, it’s been very hard to keep my lips sealed, I can’t tell you how excited I am to share this news with you.  I’ve been a huge fan of Spellbinders™ dies from the moment I saw and used them!  I have used the dies consistently throughout the years in several of my designs (click on the Spellbinders™ category on the sidebar of my blog to view over 70 designs for inspiration, there are several tutorials as well).  I am so excited to be working with the Spellbinders™ Blog Team, they are a wonderful group of talented ladies that warmly welcomed me to the team.  Ladies, I look forward to working with you in the coming year.

Designing for Spellbinders™ is a dream, a perfect fit for me.  For those of you who subscribe to my blog, you know how much I love using dies and stencils to create the flowers I use in my designs. When Spellbinders™ approached me, I knew this was definitely something I wanted to do.

I was excited when I was asked if I would like to create designs for the CHA Winter Release.  So, putting my thinking cap on, I set about creating Valentine’s designs with Spellbinders™ new Winter Release dies, and  .    .    .    .  my oh my, what wonderful dies they are.  In my humble opinion these dies are some of Spellbinders™ best yet.  It was a thrill for me to have them in my hands and play! What fun it was to design with these new dies!  As you can see in the above picture, I had quite a time!  There are several designs that I will be posting over the next several days. I hope you’ll come back to see each one.  I can’t name a favorite, each individual piece is unique.  Several dies were used in the designs, direct links are provided at the end of the post.

First of all, thank you so much for visiting my blog today, I’m truly honored to have you here.  If you haven’t visited my blog before, I’d like to extend an invitation to subscribe by clicking here.  You’ll receive e-mail notification every time I post a new design on my blog.  Simply fill in the blanks, you’ll then be sent an e-mail confirmation.  Click on the confirmation and you’re subscribed, it’s that easy!  Please feel free to ask any questions in the comment section below, I’ll do my best to get back with you as soon as possible.

I’m starting today with the smallest of the cards.  This can be a Valentine’s card or a place card for the dinner table by placing a name on it. Several sets of dies were used on this design.  As you can see, the dies all coordinate beautifully.  I’m so in love with the Blossom Three dies, as well as the Foliage dies  .   .   .  ah .   .   .   .  sweet bliss for a crafter!  And just look at those green spider mums nestled amongst the roses  .    .    .  the colors are stunning together!  The designs are elegant with a touch of whimsical feathers and insects.

In this close up you can see the detail in the design. Don’t you just love the Elegant Post dies!!!  Let me tell you, those are a definite “must have”.  If you like them, order quick ladies, I can tell you they are going to sell quickly! I can’t wait to show you what I did with them on some of the other designs. I think my favorite flower in this picture is the small red rose bud nestled atop the black silk ribbon.

Well, you know me and my insects, my little lady bugs are never far away.  She’s so precious crawling up that leaf!  And look at those delicate feathers   .    .    .  I love how they glisten, they’re iridescent with touches of turquoise and deep blue.

That’s it for today girls, I hope you’ll come back to see the rest of these designs and find inspiration for your Valentine’s projects.

I have tutorials for making these flowers, they can be viewed by clicking the links below:

Flower Tutorial Part I

Flower Tutorial Part II

Flower Tutorial Part III

Flower Tutorial Part IV

Supplies:

Paper: Fiesta Red, Spring Green, Black, Moss, Carnation White, La Creme (DCWV)

Ink:  Antique Linen and Old Paper Distress Inks, Old Olive and Always Artichoke (SU), Port Red  and Vintage Rose (Memories)

Spellbinders™: Grand Calibur, S4-328 Foliage, S4-312 Blossom Three, S5-032 Elegant Posts , LF-190 Grand Labels Four,  S4-058 Daisy Heads, S4-191 Dahlia

Ribbon: 1/8″ May Arts Black Silk RibbonBow Easy, (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store)

Misc.:  Feathers, Lady Bug Sew On, Black Glass Beads, Zip Dry Adhesive, Sponges,  Quick Dry Tacky Glue, Embossing Tools, Embossing Pad, Kaiser Pearls

93 Responses to “Spellbinders: Valentine’s Designs – CHA Release”

1. Deb Saaranen says:

A HUGE congrats Jerri! What a perfect match…you and your gorgeous designs and Spellbinders…perfect from the start!

2. HUGE, huge congrats! to you, Jerri! You are truly a PERFECT fit for Spellbinders — they are very lucky to have you! Anxiously looking forward to the rest of the series. Best wishes in this fun endeavor with Spellbinders!

A huge congratulations Jerri! I am so happy for you and I know you will enjoy your new venture. Spellbinders is very lucky to have you.
    Your creation is beautiful as usual.

4. Tosh says:

Jerri, what a creative and clever way to use the Elegant Posts dies!! GORGEOUS!! I can’t wait to see all the rest up close!! Your creativity knows no bounds girl!! I’m in Awe!! Congrats on joining Spellbinders. They’re blessed to have you and your mad skills!!

5. Karen Wallace says:

Wonderful congratulations to you, so well deserved!!!! We will all benefit so much from this because you will probably be posting more often, LOL I love everything you do, it’s always so elegant and grand!

6. Fantastic work! You are always a inspiration with your amazing work.

7. Dottie Davis says:

Wow! I am thrilled for you and so happy. Spellbinders have wonderful dies so I can’t wait to see what you do with them. The posts are awesome especially the way you have used them in this first creation.
    Congratulations!

Beautiful work! Congratulations on your new “job” I know they got very lucky when you said yes. Any company would be proud to have you design for them.

9. Deana in No. CA says:

Jerri, I’ve been following your blog for a year or two and I’m always amazed with what you can do with paper and a stencil or die. Spellbinders are my favorite dies, and with you on the design team, I’ll “need” a lot more of them. Congratulations to you! I look forward to your every post. God bless!

10. Mickie says:

Congrats to a well deserving lady of the arts. Your work is beautiful to say the least and you will certainly be an asset to Spellbinders.

11. Robbie says:

Congratulations! It has been their loss that you’ve not been part of their team. I don’t believe there is ever a post you’ve made that hasn’t made my mouth drop!! Gorgeous, simply gorgeous! Personally, I wasn’t that interested in the Elegant Posts dies, but you have definitely changed my mind! Just beautiful projects you’ve shared, Jerri Kay.

12. cepet says:

Jerri, a huge CONGRATULATIONS to you! What wonderful news, for all.

13. Gladys R. says:

Congrats!! So excited that you will be designing with the
    Spellbinders. Your projects are always so elegant. I think
    this new release of dies are the best,too.

14. Tammi says:

Can you do a tutorial on how you made the flowers?

15. […] A Touch of Grace » Spellbinders: Valentine's Designs – CHA Release This can be a Valentine's card or a place card for the dinner table by placing a name on it. Several sets of dies were used on this design. As you can see, the dies all coordinate beautifully. I'm so in love with the Blossom Three dies, as well as the . I think my favorite flower in this picture is the small red rose bud nestled atop the black silk ribbon Well, you know me and my insects, my little lady bugs are never far away. She's so precious crawling up that leaf! […]

16. Mary Lou Raney says:

Jerri, congratulations! I share your enthusiasm of flowers and have been enjoying your posts for a long time. I”m sure I will get many inspiration ideas from you. I have switched to stamping floral things almost exclusively lately and look forward to your posts..

17. Heather Peel says:

Wow you Lucky Lady. but on a Serious note .you deserve it .You alone Could sell the Spellbinders products .With the wonderful creations you make ,time after time .Congratulations well Dserved .Will you be doing ant more tutorials making up the flowers using spellbinders dies?would love to see more ,you Inspire us all .just goes to show how much people appreciate your work Jerri. xxhugs Heather Peel

18. A huge CONGRATULATIONS to you, Jerri!!! What an accomplishment and such wonderful news :) Can’t wait to see all the new creations you will be putting forth for all of us to enjoy and be totally inspired by!!

19. Jerri:
    Thank you for anothe inspiration. Spellbinder dies are my favorite. You get more for your money and they are so easy to store. I have many instruments for cutting out designs, but these are my favorite for designing new cards. I am not as talented as you are, but I get many compliments for my cards. I get excited when a new die comes out. I wish I were RICH..hahaha.. I would own all of them and spend all day in my craft room making unusual cards.
    Thanks again for the inspirations..
    Hugs,
    Dottie

20. Susie L says:

Jerri, congratulations to You! Not only do I love your creations but…Spellbinders is a Phoenix company. That makes me proud 😉 I just purchased the new Parisian Accents and Motifs dies. You certainly deserve this very special news. Now back to the rest of your post so I can look at the gorgeous flowers *smiling*

21. Carolyn says:

Oh wow! Two of my favorites: Spellbinders and you. Congratulations!

22. April says:

Congratulations! You are such a perfect fit as a designer for Spellbinders. Your work is just gorgeous! Can’t wait to see all your other creations using them!

April

23. Susie L says:

Jerri, congratulations! It couldn’t of happened to a more talented and creative artist. Not only do I love your creations, but, Spellbinders is a Phoenix company – and that makes me proud 😉

Now, I’m going back to your post and just gaze at these beautiful flowers and creation you got for us today. Congratulations again.

24. Tonniece says:

DT Congrats Jerri. I would be in heaven if got to play with all the Spellbinders dies too.
    Beautiful creations as always.

Hugs
    Tonni

25. Lynne Hurlburt says:

Spellbinders are the lucky ones, sure hope they know that. You are perfect to design for them Congratulations. All the best, Hugs n’ Stuff, Lynne

26. Oh Jerri! I’m so happy for you! They are such a good fit for you and you for them, you’ll rock that team! And when we hop with Flourishes together sometimes we’ll be *working* together again! :)

Beautifully crafted Jerri…such gorgeous color and wonderful use of the dies. I agree this release of Spellbinders is outstanding!

27. Susan says:

These are stunners Jerri as always,

Spellbinders are certainly on a winner having you demonstrate for them, with you on their side their sales are bound to rocket,

Thanks for a peek at what’s in store for us, all the best

Susan

28. Bev J. says:

Congrats Jerri!! You bring alot to the company. Love the beautiful flowers you created!!

29. Tracy says:

WOOHOO! Congratulations Jerri! I’m surprised they haven’t snatched you up before now. I just love your flowers and you keep coming up with even more amazing ones. Absolutely stunning! Looking forward to seeing lots more!

30. Cathy Hughes says:

Congrats, Jerri. You are a perfect fit with Spellbinders! I just adore what you have done. The paper flowers look so real!

Cathy

Congratulations to you, Jerri! That is wonderful new. Spellbinders is very lucky to have you join their blog team. I will look forward to your posts with all the new dies. Hugs to you!

32. Karen says:

Wonderful Jerri! I think the congrats should go to them, for getting you on their team. They are fortunate to have you.

33. Barbara Leonard says:

These projects are totally wonderful. What a beautifully coordinated set and so creative!

34. Marie L says:

What a well deserved appointment. Your creations will be a magnificent addition to the Spellbinders team.

Gorgeous card, Jerri and I can’t wait to see the rest of them close up.

35. Gail Binette says:

How exciting Jerri. You are going to do Spellbinders wonders with your talents! You are always such an inspiration to elegance. Enjoy your new adventure. I know I’ll enjoy seeing all you come up with.

36. Silke Ledlow says:

Jerri, my sweet friend I share my excitement with you..WAHOOO!!!! You are the most talented crafter ever and Spellbinder is so darn lucky to have you! You create such fabulous masterpieces and the set above is another stunner in my books! You rock sister :)!!! Hugs ~S~

37. Angela says:

Congratulations Jerri! You are indeed a perfect fit with Spellbinders. I can’t wait to see all the amazing projects you will create with them! Your work is always so inspiring and I love your handmade flowers!

What an elegant project you have showcased today! I love the pop of red flowers with the black dies. So beautiful and creative! hugs, Angela

38. Congratulations..what a great combo, Your divine work and their divine products. Have fun and enjoy. We all will.

39. Barbara T says:

Love it. It speaks “Mardi Gras to me!

40. Elfrieda Everett says:

One word: elegant!

41. I think that this is really a good way to show that the website still exists, as this would help to show the presence of the business.

Apartment movers

OH WOW!!! Congrats Jerri! I am so happy for you!I love your creations and have always said that if I want gorgeous, I come to your blog! So I’m not in the least bit surprised that they reached out to you! What a great fit indeed!
    And I do love Spellbinders dies! I don’t have many, but I do love what can be created with them. So I’ll be spending more time on your blog, that’s for sure!
    Congrats again
    Hugs, Jess

This is huge! I am so happy for you Jerri! Congratulations just does not cover it! Spellbinders has awesome taste, they could spot your talent from a mile away I’m sure. I am so happy to see you get this well deserved recognition! I can’t wait to see more of your designs. By the way, today’s project is totally awesome! I’m doing a happy dance for you! Big hugs, ~Diane

44. Janet Castle says:

First…CONGRATULATIONS! It really was only a matter of time until they (Spellbinders) found you!!!!
    Next…these designs are magnificent! Each one is a delight – just like you!!!
    Hugs,

45. Cindy Lou says:

Awesome and Congrats Jerri! You deserve this position with all your intense and hard work. It’s really great for us as now we know you’ll be posting really regularly! lol. The Elegant posts were one of two that I want right away. So many possibilities, I so envy you 😉 Enjoy as I will to see your next creation. Blessings

46. Fab says:

I have been following you for about a year now. You are so talented. I also was introduced to Spellbinders about a year ago. Put the two of my favorites together and your have a “win-win” situation. Congratulations and I can’t wait to see what all you have in store for us. Keep up the great work!

47. Elaine Allen says:

Congratulations Jeri! Spellbinders must be over the moon to have you designing for them! Your work is just breathtaking. Can’t wait to see what you come up with now – LOL!

Elaine Allen

48. Beverly says:

Congratulations Jerri, I am also a great fan of Spellbinders. And I will be looking forward to your designs with Spellbinders….Beverly from So. Portland, Me.

Jerri, I am so happy for you and Spellbinders is so lucky to have you on their team. CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

50. Clare Curcio says:

Congratulations, Jerri! You deserve it! I can’t wait to get my hands on some of those new dies, which are to die for! Take care!

51. Kezzy says:

Wow I’ve never seen a card that is so elegant, classy, chic and beautiful all in one go. Congratulations being part of the Spellbinders Design Team, I bet thats a dream job. I’m new to blogging and have only just started a blog, and I am amazed at the creativity of everyone I meet. I’m off to subscribe to your blog, I already know that I do not want to miss any of your designs.

52. Congratulations on making the Spellbinders team. Your designs are perfect for that team! Can’t wait to see the rest of your beautiful projects!

53. Thelma says:

CONGRATULATIONS, Jerri. I can’t think of a more suitable person for this honor than you. I look forward to your special creations using my favorite of all dies.

54. Maria says:

Hello! I am a new follower. I just saw the Spellbinders blog, and I must say, Congratulations on making the team!
    I love making my own paper flowers using dies, so I am really looking forward to seeing more of your designs and tutorials for inspiration.
    Your designs are absolutely beautiful!!

55. Lorie B. says:

Congratulations!! You have a beautiful blog! Thank you for sharing you talent with us. :o)

56. Hi Jerri!
    Congratulations!! Oh my Goodness that is so exciting! You are a perfect fit for this DT! They will be so lucky to have you on board,and we will all be Blessed with your incrediable talent!!
    Can’t wait to see these tutorials because as usual these are absolutely Gorgeous!

Blessings and Hugs,

Mary

57. Sue Kment says:

How exciting…and yes, I agree…you are Spellbinders are a perfect fit!

58. Hi Jerri,

Well girl, you absolutely blow me away.
    Spellbinders is so blessed to have you design for them. Their dies are wonderful but you make them into masterpieces. Simply amazing sweetie.

Have a beautiful day.

Hugs and Blessings,
    Deb

59. I think I use spellbinders in almost every card, I love them and I so Love the Awesome project you came up with, Fantastic use out of all the dies, it is absolutely Gorgeous!

60. Carol Southern says:

Wow that is wonderful news, congratulations to you. These flower creations are stunning, love what you did with the posts too. I enjoy making flowers and when I saw these new dies, I thought…..umm, must go on the wish list.

61. velta says:

I JUST KNEW it would be something THIS spectacular Jerri! I would faint to have the honor of designing for Spellbinders…YOU, again, YOU deserve this honor and Spellbinders is so fortunate to have you on their team. I am so very excited for you…and also for myself…I will learn more inspiration from your work…as I love Spellbinders too…Congratulations my friend!!! I am looking forward to seeing your creations…even if it will break my bank account :)

62. Sherian Dixon says:

Couldn’t have happened to a more talented lady! Congratulations!!

63. Jennifer says:

Oh, wow! Absolutely beautiful. Can’t wait to see what else you do with the new Spellbinders.

64. Susie L says:

Congratulations Jerri! I can’t think of a more talented and creative artist more deserving of this wonderful opportunity.

Congratulations!! And very well deserved, too! I am thrilled to know you are on the team and will be designing “officially”. Many of your projects already reflect pure genius in using the Spellbinder dies and it’s fabulous you have their official recognition for it. Your flowers alone are simply on another level. I hope this means we’ll see many more inspiring posts from you – I look forward to each one. I’d love to be a fly on the wall of your craft room and see the magic happen in real-time . . .

66. Denise says:

HUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE CONGRATS to you, girlie. They’re LUCKY to have such a talented designer like you!!

67. jean wilson says:

Congratulations Jerri! That’s awesome news! You are such a great designer, they are blessed to have you aboard!

68. Sue K (Australia) says:

O………………….M……………..G…………………. – you giving my jaw gravel rash again Jerri – how drop dead gorgeous is this set – the colours are simply stunning – and using spellbinders (one of my absolute fave tools) – a well deserved gig – this is one of my favourite sets you have done – i am DEFINITELY gonna try replicate this one – great job as always – and thanks for sharing as always. xxxxx

69. Ilene says:

Oh Jerri, I am so excited and not just for you but also myself!! Isn’t that selfish?? I have been such a fan of yours and am absolutely awestruck with your work. Such talent!! Congratulations and will be looking forward to your posts. God has truly blessed you!!

70. Sonya Appel says:

Congratulations Jeri! I must say it is about time!!! Your designs have always made many, including me, purchase dies to try out your tutorials!! Looking foreward to seeing more beautiful things!!

71. Linda Hopton says:

Jerri, I can’t decided who I am more thrilled for–you or Spellbinders!! I am such a huge fan of your blog and think your work is simply stunning!! I have learned to make your wonderful flowers, by the way, through your tutorial. A truly wonderful match for you both!

72. Becca Feeken says:

Congratulations my dear friend!! I’m over the moon to be working with you again! I love your amazing style and can hardly wait to be mesmerized with your upcoming creations. Big Hugs!!

73. Edna Siu says:

Jerri, Congratulations on your participating in the Spellbinder team. It sure fits perfectly for you, your designs and your creations, nothing is better for you, Spellbinder, and we as a blogger, we benefit so much to see them go together.

74. Sandra ltb says:

Wow!
    Congratulations!
    Sandra ltb

75. Kraftyaunt says:

My sincerest wishes for a long tenure with the Spellbinders Team! Your creativity will certainly fit with the products and I can’t wait to ooohhh and aaaahhhh over the masterpieces you will be creating. Your work is just unbelievable and will really showcase their products. Congratulations !

76. Rufus says:

Jerri, Congratulations! That’s going to be a great fit…you and Spellbinders! You’ll be able to show off all of their flower dies to perfection. Love how you’ve used the posts die! This is going to be fun to sit back and watch!
    R/

77. Victoria says:

Everyone will be blessed by having you working (playing) with the team at Spellbinders !! Congratulations to you and all of us. Blessings, Victoria

78. Luv2create says:

Jerri,
    First time on your blog and absolutely love your work. I think Spellbinders made a fabulous choice. Can’t wait to see more of your beautiful creations. Did you actually make the flowers in the above project? If so, I sure hope you will share your technique with us. Congratulations again, from what I have seen, you are the perfect fit. Spellbinders (and us) are lucky to have you on their team. I just became a subscriber.
    Marcie

79. Kim Hupke says:

Jerri

We are absolutely thrilled to include you as a part of the Spellbinders family!!!

Welcome!!!!

Kim

80. Linda Duke says:

Welcome, welcome, welcome my friend… I’m so glad you are joining us on the Blog Team. You art is pure eye candy for sure, and I love visiting your blog to see your gorgeous talent!! Plus you are the sweetest thing :) Congratulations my friend.

81. Kaye McGrath says:

Congratualtions Jerri, your work is just beautiful.
    New to your blog and to blogland as well, so off to have a browse at your stunning designs.

82. Donna G says:

Congratulations, Jerri! I’m so thrilled for you to have this great opportunity. Spellbinders could not have chosen a more deserving artist. I’m excited to see everything you will create with these gorgeous new dies.

Hugs,
    Donna G

83. Sheila-UK says:

Hello Jerri,
    Ive just read your news on Spellbinders about you being chosen as one of their new designers and wanted to add my ‘Congratulations’…having just seen all your work on your blog for the first time it’s truly deserved. So well done and I’m so looking forward to seeing many more of your stunning creations just like todays is…absolutely stunning!!!

Love Sheila xx

84. Anne says:

My heartiest congrats to you, Jerri!!! You deserve so much to be in the Team!! I can’t wait to see your other designs too! It’s Chinese New Year today and I am late in responding but still am so thrilled for you!! Time to go to bed now!! See your work again soon!!

85. Wendy More says:

Congratulations! You are definitely deserve the honor of being on the team. Your work is simply gorgeous and you have definitely insipired me. I guess my list of spellbinder dies will be growing. Just love your new creations and looking forward to seeing more.

86. Judy McMullen says:

Congratulations, Jerri! This is my first visit to your blog and I can see why Spellbinders chose you to be on their blog design team. Your paper crafts are gorgeous!!

87. Carol says:

Read the news on Spellbinders blog and was so happy for you! Your work is beautiful. Looking forward to all the elegant and gorgeous things you design and share with us.

88. Rebekka says:

This is absolutely stunning! Congratulations on being on the team with Spellbinders. They could not have chosen a more creative person. 😉

89. Oh, my! Beautiful everything, Jerri! Exciting news for you AND Spellbinders! They must have been thrilled to have you say YES to their invitation to the team. You’ll have such fun and we’ll all have even more fun seeing what you create. They’re all sure to be show stoppers, just like this collection. Congratulations!

90. Ursula Uphof says:

Congratulations on your wonderful news Jeri, so well deserved. These latest creations are just stunning. Good luck with all the future designs that will come out of your association with Spellbinders. More inspiration for us. Warm wishes.

91. alex says:

Wonderful congratulations to you, so well deserved!!!!Your creativity will certainly fit with the products…I’m so looking forward to seeing many more of your stunning creations.

92. Jen says:

Wow you out did yourself it is just stunning, beautiful gorgeous should I go on!!! Thank you for the tutorials wow just amazing and the colors are wonderful!!!!

93. Lis says:

I was lead here through nwilliams blog and I am so glad I clicked on This is food for the eyes I never so so much beauty in one place ………..Lis MFP DT