Feb 05 2011

Graphic 45 – Vintage Blue Fairy

Have you seen Graphic 45’s Once Upon a Springtime designer papers yet? I absolutely love them! In my humble opinion, these papers are among the best of Graphic 45’s paper collections.  Beautiful floral patterns are a part of this collection, as well as whimsical fairy tales. The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store has a gorgeous Once Upon a Springtime kit featuring the papers, as well as coordinating May Arts Silk ribbons (absolutely luscious), Kaiser Kraft Pearls, Kaiser Kraft Crystals, and Prima Fairytale Roses .  .  .  . a must have kit!

I’ve been working on a series of whimsical cards featuring the fairies.  They remind me so much of woodland fairies, soooo beautiful.

Today I’m posting one of the cards in a series of six that I’ve made. I’ll be posting the rest of the cards throughout the month, as well as Valentine’s designs. I designed a card a few weeks ago using the floral papers in the kit, it can be viewed here: Love is in the Air.

The flowers were first stamped with JustRite’s Friendship Blooms cling stamps, then cut with Spellbinders new Blossom 3 dies. The petals were embossed and Fairy Dust glitter was applied to the tips with a Quickie Glue Pen. May Arts 1/2″ wrinkle ribbon was dyed and aged with Distress Inks, then tied into a double looped bow using the Bow Easy. The leaves were embossed and dusted with Fairy Dust glitter as well. A bit of baby’s breath was tucked into the arrangement.

The fairy was cut with a craft knife from a sheet of the designer paper and placed on foam tabs for added dimension. I wove a strip of the dyed May Arts wrinkle ribbon through May Arts crochet ribbon and ran it across the card. The teal layer underneath the post card was cut using Grand Labels Four.  Foliage die leaves were placed at three corners, with touches of baby’s breath added.

I stamped the inside of the card with a sentiment from the Friendship Blooms stamps.

Thank you so much for spending a few minutes of your day with me!

Supplies:

Stamps:  Friendship Blooms (JustRite Cling); The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Ink:  Vintage Photo, Tattered Roses, Wild Honey (Tim Holtz Distress Inks)

Paper:  Light Yellow, Mellow Moss, Moss Green, Apricot; Graphic 45, Once Upon a Springtime; The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Ribbon:  1/2″ wrinkled ribbon, 3/4″ crochet trimBow Easy; Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

SpellbindersBlossoms ThreeFoliageGrand Labels FourLabels FourGrand Caliber

AccessoriesEmbossing PadEmbossing ToolsQuickie Glue Pen; (A Touch of Grace – Paper Boutique), Sponges, Baby’s Breath, Fairy Dust Glitter, Zip Dry Adhesive, Fast Drying Tacky Glue, Sewing Machine, Craft Knife

51 Responses to “Graphic 45 – Vintage Blue Fairy”

1. Sandra ltb says:

this is so pretty!
    Sandra ltb

2. Such sweetness Jerri, those glittery touches are just dreamy!

3. Beautiful. I just got my paper from Joan’s Gardens and haven’t had it long enough to look at it. Your cards are stunning!
    Vickie

4. Just beautiful Jerri! I love all the blue tones in this!! Hugs,

Oooooh, Jerri….what a fabulous design….sooo shabby, vintage, and absolutely magical with the Graphic 45 papers and those adorable fairies!!!! I have that paper just sitting on a shelf…thanks for your awesome inspiration!!!!!! I think I’ll get it out in the morning and see what happens!!!

6. Heather Dodson says:

That is a really beautiful card. I love it.

7. Nancy Schultz says:

Beautiful card and what a fabulous job with the detail cutting of the fairies. Love the vintage look of your card.

8. Barbara R. says:

Beautifully put together card Jerri!! The card design is so eye-pleasing as well as the wonderful colors and papers. A work of art which is the norm for any of your creations!!!

9. CherylQuilts says:

Wow, Jerri, this is gorgeous…and dreamy! I love your delicate details!

10. Heather Peel says:

Another wow factor for me Jerri. You know im so pleased i found my way to your site .You just create some beautiful works of art.I Love Faires .The colours, look so good together on this beautiful card.
    I love to see a touch of grace when i open up my emails from you .Keep the lovely inspiration coming .thank you so much . Hugs n Luv heather

11. bonnie weiss says:

Another beautiful work of art.

12. Jill Moyle says:

This is amazing,love the colors, certainly defines “mystical”

13. Bev J. says:

So beautiful-the papers, colors, the fairy and I love the flowers you made! Great work!

14. Denise says:

Always so beautifully detailed, girl. You’re amazing!

15. alex says:

so pretty, very mystical…i love faires so much and look those beautiful colors Voilà! this is amazing! i love graphic 45!!!! thanks for sharing.

This is so dreamy and gorgeous, Jerri! I can’t wait to see the others in the series.

17. Angela says:

So beautiful! These are gorgeous papers (I have to check out that website)! What a sweet fairy. hugs, Angela

18. bethann d says:

stunning, love the flowers/ribbon/ everything lol. i don’t have any of that paper – didn’t think i could cut into it it’s so pretty- but sooo tempting.

19. Gorgeous, another lovely creation, like the design, and the sparkle. I just saw these papers earlier this morning and I was thinking I may have to get them 🙂

Jerri this is beautiful, those fairies look awesome. I love the vintage postcard and that vintage spray of ribbons and flowers is to die for! Totally stunning. ~Diane

21. Linda says:

Jerri your inspiration is amazing!I have a fairy-loving friend who would just love a card like this. Thanks for sharing!

22. Gladys R. says:

Gorgeous card…love it.

Jerri, this is absolutely awesome, gf! Love all the attention to details that you create w/each and every project you create…

I have not seen them but no one could make them look better than you! Magnifico !!!

25. Selma says:

Hi Jerri. This is another masterpiece. It is amazingly gorgeous.

26. Silke Ledlow says:

Vintagely GORGEOUS Jerri! Your details are just amazing…love the fairies!!! Hugs ~S~

27. Carol Parks says:

Oh Jerri, your card is gorgeous, dear. I especially love the way you
    cut the fairy out, and raised it with pop dots.

28. Marilyn says:

This just takes my breath away. Such details with your embellishments. Love the fairies! I can’t wait to see what you post next with the ‘Graphic 45′s Once Upon a Springtime designer papers’.
    Enjoy your day!!
    Thanks for sharing with us.

29. mmmm, stunning creation. Love our flowers too.

30. Mickie says:

A beautiful vintage look! Absolutely gorgeous.

31. Susie says:

Absolutely beautiful! Did you know that fairies don’t like yellow in the corner of a garden? It’s an English folk legend. I was always careful not to plant yellow in the corner of our garden when we lived in Virginia *tehehe* I sure didn’t want to upset them *smiling* I love this card. Your creative talent at work again Jerri – thank you for sharing it.

32. Elaine Moore says:

Sigh – just lovely!

33. Lorena says:

What a stunning card, excuse me, work of art! Every detail takes my breath away. Can’t wait to get my hands on some of that paper!

I love these fairies! There’s just something about them, that makes me smile. Beautiful project as always Jerri!

35. velta says:

Stunning!!! I love the blues and all the embellishments Jerri…As always, you have won the Blue Ribbon from me 🙂

36. suzanne says:

Just delightful. Lovin the papers and fairies, magical.
    Hugs Sue x

37. Janet Castle says:

Stunning Jerri!!!!
    Jan Castle

38. josie Walrath says:

AWESOME!

39. Anne says:

Hi there, I have not forgotten to check your web though I am golfing with my family now!! Your cards inspired me to make more fairies cards and I will….after all my trips! TFS!!! Love to see more of your creations!!

40. This card is just stunning, Jerri — I LOVE your cut out fairies and vintage look — so well done, as always!!! Truly gorgeous!!!

41. Denise says:

BEAUTIFUL!!!!! And I LOVE Beatrix Potter (Peter Rabbit)

42. vintage and fairies all in one amazing card.I just love it .Now I need to go and check out thoes fab papers,Thanks for sharing Jerri .Philomena Lowe

43. Oh My Jerri, This is so gorgeous! You are so creative girlie.
    Love it.

Hugs,
    Deb

44. More beauty from you so soon! What a delight! An exquisite creation, Jerri. Looking forward to the rest of the set!

45. Sheila - UK says:

Oh what an exquisite card Jerri…the colours, the image and the design …just a perfectly beautiful combination. Sooo looking forward to seeing more of your stunning creations.

Love Sheila xx

46. Another breath-taking creation, Jerri. You always have such wonderful detail.. like the baby’s breath with those gorgeous floral creations. How sweet is that! These fairy cards are truly exquisite.

47. Beth Norman says:

Words cannot express the feelings I feel about your art. You have such a wide variety of work. This is such a beauty and I can’t stop looking. Your explanation was awesome. Thank you for posting the links–followed them all. Yes indeed, the Graphic 45 paper is awesome.

48. Susie says:

Hi Jerri,
    While waiting for my Graphic 45 “Once Upon a Springtime” shipment to arrive, I was able to get a few 12×12 sheets at one of the local stamp and paper crafting stores. This evening, I went back to your post of the Blue Fairy to take a closer look and compare it to the one on the paper. (((Jerri))) your hand trimming/cutting work is amazing on this piece! Especially around the hair and cutting between the wing and arms – Wowzer! BTW, the woman in the shop went to CHA and saw your beautiful Valentine pieces – she thought your work was amazing and asked for your blog site. I was happy to oblige 😉

49. Holy smokes! This is STUNNING! I love your ribbons. And that tiny fairy in the corner…such magnificient detail (as always). 🙂