Feb 08 2011

Graphic 45 – Vintage Pink Fairy

Today I have the Vintage Pink fairy to show you using Graphic 45’s Once Upon a Springtime designer papers. The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store has a gorgeous Once Upon a Springtime kit featuring the papers, as well as coordinating May Arts Silk ribbons (absolutely luscious), Kaiser Kraft Pearls, Kaiser Kraft Crystals, and Prima Fairytale Roses .  .  .  . a must have kit!

I’ve been working on a series of whimsical cards featuring the fairies.  They remind me so much of woodland fairies, soooo beautiful.

Today I’m posting one of the cards in a series of six that I’ve made. I’ll be posting the rest of the cards throughout the month, as well as Valentine’s designs. I designed a card a few weeks ago using the floral papers in the kit, it can be viewed here: Love is in the Air.

The inside of the card has plenty of room for a handwritten note.

The flowers were first stamped with JustRite’s Friendship Blooms cling stamps, then cut with Spellbinders new Blossom 3 dies.  The petals were embossed and Fairy Dust glitter was applied to the tips.  The ribbon was dyed and aged with Distress Ink, then tied into a double loop bow utilizing the Bow Easy. The leaves were embossed and dusted with Fairy Dust glitter was well.  A bit of baby’s breath is tucked into the arrangement.

The fairy was cut with a craft knife from a sheet of the designer paper.  Fairy Dust glitter was applied to her wings and dress.  She was then placed on dimensionals and adhered to the post card panel, as was the little field mouse peeping over the flowers. The edges of the panels were stitched, distressed and sponged with Distress Inks. Crochet ribbon trim was aged with Distress Ink, a strip of the pink ribbon was woven through the middle of the crochet ribbon, the strip was then adhered underneath the flowers and postcard panel.

This photo shows the dimension and layers of the card.  Dimensional foam tabs were placed under the fairy, she looks like she’s hovering over the postcard.

Supplies:

Stamps:  Friendship Blooms (JustRite Cling); The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Ink:  Vintage Photo, Tattered Roses, Wild Honey (Tim Holtz Distress Inks)

Paper:  Light Yellow, Mellow Moss, Moss Green, Apricot; Graphic 45, Once Upon a Springtime; The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Ribbon:  1/2″ wrinkled ribbon, 3/4″ crochet trim, Bow Easy; Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Spellbinders: Blossoms Three; Foliage; Grand Labels Four; Labels Four; Grand Caliber

Accessories: Embossing Pad, Embossing ToolsQuickie Glue Pen; (A Touch of Grace – Paper Boutique), Sponges, Baby’s Breath, Fairy Dust Glitter, Zip Dry Adhesive, Fast Drying Tacky Glue, , Sewing Machine, Craft Knife

24 Responses to “Graphic 45 – Vintage Pink Fairy”

1. Flirtini83 says:

what can i say? Amazing doesn’t even come close. thanks.

2. Heather Peel says:

hi Jerri another wonderful work of art .Love the fairys .Can you buy just the paper pad ?really lovely .Thank you .Hugs Heather

Jerri, so amazing, gf! This card and envy are so beautiful…

4. bonnie weiss says:

Breathtaking, Jerri.

5. kksb says:

Step back!! Jerri! This is beyond beautiful. Between your Spellbinder flowers and Fairy cards you are flat out going to cause me do to some damage to my pocketbook. Ouch! Lol

6. Barbara Leonard says:

Another luscious card! You just keep getting better and better. Thanks so much!

7. Susie says:

Jerri, I’m with kksb, I really would like this kit. I’m waiting for Spellbinders to deliver my dies so I can learn to make these beautiful flowers. I have a question: The postcard that the fairy is popped up on, does that come as part of the Graphic 45 papers? Did you just cut that from the papers? Adding the baby’s breath is such a beautiful idea – and why not? I think adding other things besides paper adds to the interest. Absolutely stunning.

8. Angela says:

Oh this is breathtakingly beautiful Jerri! I never used these papers before, they are beautiful and fits your gorgeous style perfectly! I love that darling fairy! Another fabulous creation! big hugs, Angela

9. […] A Touch of Grace » Graphic 45 – Vintage Pink Fairy Today I have the Vintage Pink fairy to show you using Graphic 45′s Once Upon a Springtime designer papers. The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store has a gorgeous Once Upon a Springtime kit featuring the papers, as well as coordinating May Arts . […]

10. Glenda says:

These are truly works of art Jerri! I cannot tell you how beautiful I think they are! Can’t wait to see the additional cards coming.

11. Sandra ltb says:

Beautiful!
    Sandra ltb

Oh wow Jerri! This is just gorgeous! I love these papers too. And the fairies, ahhhh. Such sweetness! Thanksfor sharing
    Hugs, Jess

13. Stunning, just love your flower arranging and the great depth you brought to the card!

14. Beautiful! Vintage, fairies and elegant all rolled into one. Love it.
    Vickie

15. Karen says:

Love your creations! Beautiful as always. Thank you Jerri!

16. suzanne says:

What a beautiful creation. Love how you arrange the flowers and the papers are just yummy.
    Hugs Sue x

17. Linda says:

Beautiful as always! Love the postcard, adds some much nostalgia. TFS

18. Carol says:

Wow! So beautiful with a magical feeling to it. I love all the pastel colors coming together.

19. Janet Castle says:

Such a beautiful designed card…you do such amazing work!!!!

20. Paula says:

this is really shabby chic and vintage looking – and really sumptuous = i love this look you’ve achieved.

Paula, Derbyshire, UK. x x x

21. Gorgeous and stunning and absolutely perfect. Your details and design are always so amazing. I love coming here to see your works of art, Jerri!

22. amy johnson says:

Wow! This is gorgeous! I love the postcard on top of the card! As always, the detail is so striking.

23. Tosh says:

What a stunningly beautiful collage of details Jerri!! LOVE the papers, your fabulous flowers, and the postcard is fantastic!! WOW!