Feb 13 2011

Spellbinders – Valentine’s Soap Dish

Good morning girls, just wanted to pop in and say “hi,” I hope you’re enjoying your weekend!  It’s nippy here, but lots of beautiful sunshine.

I have a quick post to share with you today, a sweet little soap tray I made out of paper and Spellbinders™ dies. Totally adorable for placement in guest baths, bedrooms, etc. They also make sweet little gifts for favored friends, moms, grandmothers, sisters, aunts, and on and on  .    .    .  LOL!

I purchased small little scented soaps that come pre-wrapped, perfect for this design. I adhered a medium size rose (Blossom Three dies) on the top of the soap and tucked in a few leaves (Foliage dies) and tendrils.  The tendrils were made with a paper cutter. I’ve discovered the thinner the tendril, the better the curl. On the bottom of the soap I adhered a flower petal that was not embossed. I stamped it with a sentiment from one of JustRite’s Romantic Sentiment Centers (I’m sorry, I forgot to take and picture and these designs are now with Spellbinders™). I do have a picture here, of the bridal soaps I made earlier to give you a visual peek of what it looks like.

I did not separate the paper for the larger petals (discussed in tutorials), as I want these petals to be heavy to support the weight of the soap.I adhered leaves from both sets of Spellbinders™ Sunflower dies and covered them with a large petal as shown in the Napkin Ring. A sweet little butterfly (Fanciful Flight dies) was placed on the design for a bit of fun. A few more tendrils were added, together with my little “lady.”

TUTORIALS for making the flowers:

Flower Tutorial Part I

Flower Tutorial Part II

Flower Tutorial Part III

Flower Tutorial Part IV

Tools I use for optimum results in making the flowers and embossing the leaves:

Embossing Pad A5

Embossing Tool – Extra Small (for leaf veins)

Embossing Tool – Small Ball (for small flowers, leaves and butterflies)

Embossing Tool – Large Ball (for mid-size flowers and leaves)

Embossing Tool – Extra Large Ball (4.5mm) (for large flowers and leaves)

Embossing Tool – Extra Large Ball (6mm) (for large flowers and leaves)

Supplies used on the above design:

Stamps: Romantic Sentiments (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store)

Paper: Fiesta Red, Moss Green

Ink:  Antique Linen and Old Paper Distress Inks, Old Olive and Always Artichoke (SU), Port Red (Memories)

Spellbinders™ DiesGrand CaliburS4-157 Sunflower Set One, S4-158 Sunflower Set TwoS4-328 FoliageS4-312 Blossom Three, S5-051 Fanciful Flight (Spellbinders Paper Arts)

Misc.:  Black Glass Beads (Michael’s), Lady Bug Sew On Brass Bead, Sponges, Aleene’s Fast Grab Tacky Glue, Embossing ToolsEmbossing Pad (A Touch of Grace – Paper Boutique)

Thank you so much for stopping by today, I love it when you come to visit!  Wishing you a wonderful day!

30 Responses to “Spellbinders – Valentine’s Soap Dish”

1. What a beautiful idea. Thanks for sharing your creativity with us. Yes, I’m enjoying the weekend and beautiful weather we are having in So. California. But, they say rain is on it’s way. Wishing you a beautiful Sunday.
    Blessings.

2. Dorothy says:

Wow! Simply beautiful.

3. Frances says:

This is beautiful, Love your work, its fabulous, very elegant and romantic style. Thanks for the inspiration. hugs, Frances.

4. Shawna says:

Gorgeous, as always Jerri Kay!

5. Sheila - UK says:

Oh Jerri you never cease to amaze me …this is such a clever idea and a beautiful presentation and how wonderful it would be for a wedding favor too.
    It’s heading towards evening here in the UK and pouring down with rain. Enjoy the rest of your weekend Jerri and I’ll be looking forward to seeing many more of your stunning creations.
    Tomorrow our daughter goes to respite (which she loves going to ) so the next 10 days will be really peace and we will be able to recharge our batteries for when she is home again.
    Take care.

Love Sheila xx

6. deb s says:

OMG – your creations are so beautiful and very inspiring. I will be a frequent visitor. spellbinders should thank you, I think, cuz I’ll be buying everything thing you use!!

Oh my gosh Jerri! This is beautiful as always. I really wish some one would make up a new set of words to mean absolutely, positively beautifully gorgeous! It just seems that beautifu just doesn’t express the deapth of the beauty of your creations! I love all of your creations. From Simple (I don’t think that’s even in your vocablulary 😉 cards to your fantastic flowers, all the way to your most lovely paper piercing artistry.
    Thanks so much for sharing all these beautiful works of art with us.
    Hugs, Jessica

8. Just Beautiful!!!! You are so creative……I gotta have those dies….I just love it when you make something ……such inspiration…..

How wonderful clever and creative, Jerri!

10. Heather Peel says:

Hello Jerri . Once again ,you amaze me with your beautiful work. This is such a lovely idea .Would be a good thing to make for charity fundraising .craft fayres.Love the flowers .Well Today in the North of England .It is Cold ,Wet, and really damp today .Feels so chilly .Its a day to spend indoors crafting .hope you have had a lovely weekend also. Your work is outstanding, Beautiful .and Very Graceful.Thank you again for sharing with us all. hugs Heather

11. Nicolette says:

As always amazing. You never let us down with your imagination and talent. I am always excited to open my email and find your gifts to us. I am such a total fan of all your creations. I have been a paper crafter for a million years and yet you have set the standard for excellence. Thank you for your generous nature in sharing.

12. Deb Saaranen says:

What an excellent, very pretty gift idea Jerri! Love your continuous creativity!!!

13. Wendy says:

Oh my goodness Jerri what an amazing idea, where do you get them from!!
    this is gorgeous
    well our weather here is rain rain and more rain. its now 5.35pm and awfully dark outside
    will pop back tomorow to see more of your amazing creations

Wendy xx

14. susie says:

Good morning from So.Cal Jerri,
    I have read all the comments on your post this morning, and I agree with everyone! Especially Jessica’s comment {smiling}. I’m going to start pulling out the dictionary!! For now, lovely, romantic, beautiful; a one-of-a-kind gift with a “Touch of Grace.” 😉

15. Laurie H says:

I got away from following your blog, but I’m really not sure why because I love your work. Could have been an accident as far as I know. I’m back now and thankful for it. Your flower tutorial is amazing and really appreciated. You do such beautiful work. Thank you for your inspiration.

16. Cindy Lou says:

The word for the day (and frequently for most everything you do 😉 is exquisite! From this side of the screen, I am tempted to bend down and smell the rose (s). A labor of love and challenge for the accomplished. Thanks for sharing! Blessings for the remainder of your weekend.

17. Carol Parks says:

It is gorgeous, dear. I just love all your flowers.

18. Jeanne says:

Hi Jerri,

I can’t wait to find the time to try making flowers like yours. I loved the tutorials, you make the process look so easy. I can only hope mine look half as nice as yours. Your work is exquisite! Thank you for sharing with us.

19. kit says:

Definitely would make a wonderful gift. I’m sure a guest would be delighted to find this lovely piece in the guest bathroom.

20. Barbara Leonard says:

Jerri, you’ve done it again. What a lovely gift this would make. I’m drooling over it!

21. Jill Moyle says:

WOW!!! what a creation….just brilliant

Jerri, that little ladybug is so cute sitting on that leaf! The leaves look so real…so clever as usual…so beautiful.

23. Edna Siu says:

It is lovely, Jerri, it smells good too.

24. Unbelievable! The flowers and foliage are so real looking. Thank you for this, Jerri! The foliage dies are exactly what I need. Beautiful project and such a lovely gift!

25. Jen says:

What a nifty lil idea!!! Love the lil ladybug and butterfly I definitely want this set from spellbinders and the gorgeous leaves dies..

Love this! I’m so glad you are with SB, because your work with these amazing dies is awesome!

27. Oh my what a Gorgeous and creative idea, the women in your family must look so forward to your gifts!!

28. what a beautiful gift! I am always trying to think of little hostess gifts,and this is perfect!

Thank you for sharing Jerri!

Blessings and Hugs,

Mary

It is always hard for me to believe you create such gorgeousness with paper, Jerri!! Amazing creation, and a most lovely gift!!!