Feb 20 2011

Graphic 45 – Vintage Gold Fairy

I have a fairy card to share with you today that I made using Graphic 45’s Once Upon a Springtime designer papers. I love the beautiful floral patterns that are a part of this collection, as well as whimsical fairy tales. The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store has a gorgeous Once Upon a Springtime kit featuring the papers, as well as coordinating May Arts Silk ribbons (absolutely luscious), Kaiser Kraft Pearls, Kaiser Kraft Crystals, and Prima Fairytale Roses .  .  .  . a must have kit! The fairies remind me so much of woodland fairies.

Today I’m posting one of the gold cards in the series. I designed a card a few weeks ago using some of the floral papers in this collection, it can be viewed here: Love is in the Air. If you missed the blue fairy card, it can be viewed here and the pink fairy card can be viewed here.

The flowers were first stamped with JustRite’s Friendship Blooms cling stamps, then cut with Spellbinders new Blossom 3 dies. The petals were embossed and Fairy Dust glitter was applied to the tips with a Quickie Glue PenMay Arts 1/2″ wrinkle ribbon was dyed and aged with Distress Inks, then tied into a double looped bow using the Bow Easy. The leaves were embossed and dusted with Fairy Dust glitter as well. A bit of baby’s breath was tucked into the arrangement.

I stamped a sentiment on the inside of the card using JustRite’s Friendship Blooms set. Spellbinders™ Labels Four is fast becoming one of my favorite sets. I used a die from the Grand Labels Four on the front of the card.

I love the crochet ribbon! I tinted it a bit with distress inks to age it and then wove a bit of the crinkle ribbon through it that I used in the bow. A ribbon tab was added over the image.  The fairy, butterfly and chick were cut with a craft knife and placed on foam tabs for a bit of dimension.

TUTORIALS for making the flowers:

Flower Tutorial Part I

Flower Tutorial Part II

Flower Tutorial Part III

Flower Tutorial Part IV

Tools I use for optimum results in making the flowers and embossing the leaves:

Embossing Pad A5

Embossing Tool – Extra Small (for leaf veins)

Embossing Tool – Small Ball (for small flowers, leaves and butterflies)

Embossing Tool – Large Ball (for mid-size flowers and leaves)

Embossing Tool – Extra Large Ball (4.5mm) (for large flowers and leaves)

Embossing Tool – Extra Large Ball (6mm) (for large flowers and leaves)

Supplies used on the above design:

Stamps:  Friendship Blooms (JustRite Cling); The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Ink:  Vintage Photo, Tattered Roses, Wild Honey (Tim Holtz Distress Inks)

Paper:  Light Yellow, Mellow Moss, Moss Green, Apricot; Graphic 45, Once Upon a Springtime; The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Ribbon:  1/2″ wrinkled ribbon, 3/4″ crochet trimBow Easy; Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

SpellbindersBlossoms ThreeFoliageGrand Labels FourLabels FourGrand Caliber

Accessories: Embossing PadEmbossing ToolsQuickie Glue Pen; (A Touch of Grace – Paper Boutique), Sponges, Baby’s Breath, Fairy Dust Glitter, Zip Dry Adhesive, Fast Drying Tacky Glue, Sewing Machine, Craft Knife

Thank you so much for spending a few minutes of your day with me!

47 Responses to “Graphic 45 – Vintage Gold Fairy”

1. Susie says:

Very pretty Jerri. That’s a great close-up shot too. I almost thought the three little daisies (behind the chick) were popped up as well. The paper is scrumptious!! I can’t wait to receive my kit. Nice interest on the inside as well as enough room to write a lovely message.

2. What a gorgeous card. Your know how to work with Graphic 45 papers. I find it hard to work with them, they are very busy papers. You add just the right about of embellishments with out over doing it. I sometime over embellish. Your flowers are just stunning. Thank you for the tutorials.

3. emily says:

So beautiful! Love all the antiquing and detailing you have put into this gorgeous card. The layers and colours are so beautiful.
    Thank you so much for sharing it! :o)

4. Deb Saaranen says:

So sweet and pretty! I love the tea dyed feel and beautiful blossoms…just gorgeous!

5. […] A Touch of Grace » Graphic 45 – Vintage Gold Fairy […]

6. Sandra ltb says:

WOW!
    Sandra

That is absolutely beautiful!! Gorgeous attention to detail in every particular. I’m not much of an appreciator of fairies but yours are certainly beautiful.

8. Sheila - UK says:

Oh my, oh my …such an esquisite card Jerri! Your attention to detail is jsut amazing. Oh and these are my favourite papers and I can actually get them in the UK!Lol! Your blooms blow me away and I call in at your blog everyday. I just love you beatiful works of art.

Love Sheila xx

9. Elly says:

Wow, a gorgeous card!!

I especially love the soft colors of your flowers on this gorgeous card, Jerri!

11. Glenda says:

You out did yourself on this one! Just beautiful!

12. Anne says:

Jerrri, I love fairies and they are always lovely to look at! Great work again!! One thing I want to ask you is how to send your 3D card to your friends by post? I do not want to squeeze my work into a flat piece of paper in the end!! :(

13. Jen says:

Beautifully done love the lil peep and the flowers really set it off

14. Tina DeLong AKA GardenDiva says:

Oh My Goodness………………absolutely perfection. Thank you so much for your inspiration and your willingness to share all the instructions.

Have a super happy day……………….we have icy rain here in Ohio today ! Good day to play with paper !!!

Lovely card Jerri, I love that Graphic 45 paper and I love the beautiful flowers you made to go with it! Exquisite!

16. absolutely beautiful I love all these fairie cards.You have magic fingers!!!

17. Heather Peel says:

WOW WOwWow. Jerri This is a work of art .The colours look so serene &work so good together.Ilove the intricate details to all your work .love the shimmer of fairy dust on the edges of your petals so much as well .Well ok I just love all your creations .There is not any i can truly say i havent loved .I can see you put a lot of Love and attention to every detail you make.i Managed to get the graphic 45 papers in uk . so i was so pleased .Havent used them yet .OOH their too good .it will make me scream to cut them up .but hey .ill get more eh.thank you again for all your talent .hugs Heather

18. Dottie Davis says:

This is my favorite fairy card so far! The overall composition of your cards catch our attention but its the second glance that traps the eyes with all the wonderful detail and artwork. Perfect color combinations coupled with layout makes these cards spectacular. Ooooo I do love them!

19. Teresa B. says:

Every time I open your blog I know I’m going to say something with “expression”
    I’m always blown away. Keep it up. Love, Love Love.

I LOVE the antique feel of this card. It leaves me breathless! The sparkle, the ribbons, the layout and the colors are beautiful!

21. So Beautiful…….I love the DP and your flowers are just breathtaking and again so realistic…..thank you for sharing…..

Hey Jerri! Lovely as always! What beautiful papers. I’m really partial to fairies since childhood. Only then I knew they were real! ha ha….well maybe they are…. Ah well… beautiful card. The papers are great and the whole design is just lovely! TFS
    Hugs, Jess

23. Becky Jo says:

So beautiful, Jerri! You never cease to amaze me! Thanks for showing the inside of the card. I always try to put some of the papers I used on the front on the card inside. It’s nice to know that others do, too! TFS Hugs!!

Jerri, this is another WOW card and it is so beautiful, gf!

25. ann says:

Another winner! you are the best Jerri

Have a great day
    Ann

26. velta says:

Hi Jerri ~ This is just stunning! Your embellishments make the image “pop” and your flowers, well what could anyone say except gorgeous!!! On of my favorites on this card is the use of fairy dust on the flowers and leaves…Just another stunning creation!!! Have ya filled up that curio with your cards I mentioned before and put it in your foyer so that when people come through the door…that is the first thing they see…then…they stand there making “ooo” and “ahahah” remarks and forget all about why they came to your house in the first place…. Hugs!!

27. Ilene says:

Absolutely exceptional (as usual) – -what more is there to say? Thank you for sharing with all of us. You are one bundle of talent – God has, indeed, blessed you.

Ilene

28. Susan says:

Another lovely card. You are so talented.

29. Kendall says:

Hi Jerri. Your card is beautiful. I enjoy seeing the beauties that you create. TFS!

30. Karen says:

Hi Jerri, I really love the vintage look of this card! It is beautiful,as always. Fairies are the best. This reminds me of a woodland fairy I cross stitched on linen. Made my day, finding a post from you. Happy Day.

31. Marja says:

What a fantastic Art Jerri to make this card. So lovely, fairytail and beautiful. When you look you can see anytime some differents and some new. Gorgeous.
    Also i like your flowers and hope to make them my myself.
    Hugs Marja

32. Mrs. Ham says:

Jerri this card is stunning. Sooooo beautiful. Your work is amazing.

33. Oh my this is just Stunning, I will have to say this is my Favorite of all the fairy line you have done, love the dimension you gave to them, the weaving of the lace and ribbon and your flowers are gorgeous as ever!

34. Right up there with OMG..hahaha another amazing card.. thnx for sharing..hugs, Dottie

35. Paula says:

Wow Jerri – this is stunningly gorgeous – so much work must have gone into making this card and it shows. A little work of art!

Paula, Derbyshire, UK. x x x

36. Beautiful details and gorgeous design as always, Jerri! LOVE this!

37. Just beautiful Jerri – inside and out. That fairy looks so dreamy and dainty!

38. Silke Ledlow says:

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! You leave me speechless each time Jerri! Hugs ~S~

39. Jenny Gropp says:

Girl, my jaw dropped when I saw this creation. Seriously — hands down the best work I have seen with the G45 Springtime papers….. AMAZING!

Your Graphic 45 card is so gorgeous, and I especially love your incredible flowers!! They are so beautiful, Jerri!!

41. amy johnson says:

Wow! This is truly stunning! Love the layout and your embellies!

42. barb schram says:

Jerri! What an absolutely grogeous card! You’re such a master at perfect detail! Your flower is gorgeous…love the pop up images! Thank YOU for sharing your immense talent with us! Have a lovely weekend!

43. […] To give you an idea of what other papers are available in the pack, I designed a card a few weeks ago using some of the floral papers in this collection, it can be viewed here: Love is in the Air. If you missed the blue fairy card, it can be viewed here, the pink fairy card can be viewed here, and the gold fairy card can be viewed here. […]

44. Joy says:

Such a beautiful card. Just found your blog and I’m hooked! Thanks so much for sharing and giving others inspiration.

45. You know, I absolutely LOVE when you get a little dirty and grungy! It reminds me of old challenge chaser days and you always amaze!

46. julie says:

I spotted your beautiful creations over at splitcoaststampers. I think these cards are awesome. Truly inspirational. Thanks for sharing.
    hugs Julie