Feb 26 2011

Graphic 45 – Vintage Fairy and Frog

I have the twin to the gold fairy card to share with you today that I made using Graphic 45’s Once Upon a Springtime designer papers. I love the beautiful floral patterns that are a part of this collection, as well as whimsical fairy tales. The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store has a gorgeous Once Upon a Springtime kit featuring the papers, as well as coordinating May Arts Silk ribbons (absolutely luscious), Kaiser Kraft Pearls, Kaiser Kraft Crystals, and Prima Fairytale Roses .  .  .  . a must have kit! The fairies remind me so much of woodland fairies.

I designed a card a few weeks ago using some of the floral papers in this collection, it can be viewed here: Love is in the Air. If you missed the blue fairy card, it can be viewed here, the pink fairy card can be viewed here, and the twin to this card can be viewed here.

I stamped a sentiment on the inside of the card using JustRite’s Friendship Blooms set. Spellbinders™ Labels Four is fast becoming one of my favorite sets. I used a die from the Grand Labels Four on the front of the card.

The flowers were first stamped with JustRite’s Friendship Blooms cling stamps, then cut with Spellbinders new Blossom 3 dies. The petals were embossed and Fairy Dust glitter was applied to the tips with a Quickie Glue PenMay Arts 1/2″ wrinkle ribbon was dyed and aged with Distress Inks, then tied into a double looped bow using the Bow Easy. A bit of baby’s breath was tucked into the arrangement.

I love this little postcard. These two appear to be in earnest conversation, it almost makes you wonder what deep secrets they might be sharing. The fairy and frog were liberally sprinkled with glitter, cut out and placed on foam tabs for added dimension.  Sigh  .    .    .   I just love these papers!  Looks like I’ll be placing another order soon, I’m nearly out.

TUTORIALS for making the flowers:

Flower Tutorial Part I

Flower Tutorial Part II

Flower Tutorial Part III

Flower Tutorial Part IV

Tools I use for optimum results in making the flowers and embossing the leaves:

Embossing Pad A5

Embossing Tool – Extra Small (for leaf veins)

Embossing Tool – Small Ball (for small flowers, leaves and butterflies)

Embossing Tool – Large Ball (for mid-size flowers and leaves)

Embossing Tool – Extra Large Ball (4.5mm) (for large flowers and leaves)

Embossing Tool – Extra Large Ball (6mm) (for large flowers and leaves)

Supplies used on the above design:

Stamps:  Friendship Blooms (JustRite Cling); The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Ink:  Vintage Photo, Tattered Roses, Wild Honey (Tim Holtz Distress Inks)

Paper:  Light Yellow, Mellow Moss, Moss Green, Apricot; Graphic 45, Once Upon a Springtime; The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Ribbon:  1/2″ wrinkled ribbon, 3/4″ crochet trimBow Easy; Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

SpellbindersBlossoms ThreeFoliageGrand Labels FourLabels FourGrand Caliber

Accessories: Embossing PadEmbossing ToolsQuickie Glue PenJoy Craft Foam Tabs; (A Touch of Grace – Paper Boutique), Sponges, Baby’s Breath, Fairy Dust Glitter, Zip Dry Adhesive, Fast Drying Tacky Glue, Sewing Machine, Craft Knife

Thank you so much for spending a few minutes of your day with me!

35 Responses to “Graphic 45 – Vintage Fairy and Frog”

1. This is absolute sweetness Jerri. I agree they seem in beautiful conversation :) This paper is magical…and I love all the distressing you added.

2. Audrey Is says:

Absolutely darling. I just bought two sets of these papers and was busy thinking what I could do. Thanks for sharing your many talents with us. I just love fairies.

3. Ginger says:

Beautiful. All your work is georgeous! Love this paper and the way you put it all together!

4. Heather Peel says:

Hello Jerri. hope youre having a beautiful weekend. this is another awesome creation by you .i too Love these papers very much .The colours are so good together. I too love the faires here as well .its a beautiful card . i think the fairy is contemplating giving the frog a huge kiss .Too see if hes going to be her prince charming .And the frog is sitting wating for the smack of her lips .Look at his expression.I visited the stampers dream blog ,every one on the way .Fingers crossed .OOOh hope im going to be a lucky winner .Hugs Heather

5. Dottie Davis says:

These cards are beautiful and I can see why you would fast be using the card stock up! They are gorgeous papers. The colors are beautiful and so soft and the glitter just adds more dimension to the whole effect.
    So inspiring to create cards that “converse!

oh how very sweet. Would love to hear what they are saying to each other :) Love the papers and the flowers are beautiful!

7. So magical……Graphic 45 did an outstanding job on these……I love them…..but your creations just bring them to life……you feel like your a part of their conversation…….such inspirations…..thank you so much for sharing this with us……I love it…..

8. Just toooooo precious. Thank you for sharing.

Hugs,
    Dottie

9. Rosie says:

Just awesome as usual

10. Rebekka says:

This is awesome! Love the nostalgic image and those gorgeous flowers.

11. Deb Saaranen says:

Just adorable! I love your entire fairy series!!! Beautiful distressing and rich detail!

12. VERY beautiful! I think these papers are a match made in Heaven for you!! Hugs,

13. Mrs. Ham says:

Another BEAUTIFUL project. I’m also so amazed when I come to your blog. Everything you create is a work of art. Thank you for sharing your wonderful talent.

14. Jerri, this is adorable and so precious!
    I love those papers as well and they are on my ever growing want list! 😉

I was thinking of you and your Kittie today. Whatever the situation is right now I wish peace for all of you.

Blessings,

Mary

15. Susie says:

I think the frog is pleading for a kiss from the sweet fairy. Beautiful Jerri! I just received my order for the entire set of “Once upon a Springtime” from Stamp Simply Ribbon Store. Everything looks beautiful. Thank you for showcasing these lovely papers from Graphic 45.

16. Barbara R. says:

I have never been much for vintage, but after seeing your cards, I may change your mind. Beautiful work Jerri – you have such a wonderful talent. Everything you touch turns to beautiful!!!!

Just gorgeous! That frog is adorable! I used to collect them, so he just jumped out at me. I got my Gypsy yesterday and I have been playing with it, learning how to create with it. I spend a lot of time waiting, so I’ll be able to use it to create while I wait. It has a bit of a learning curve, but it doesn’t seem to be too hard to learn. Besides there are all sorts of you tube videos to help me with that.
    Thanks a bunch. I’m going to create something tonight.
    Hugs, Jess

18. velta says:

My goodness Jerri ~ I swear you are the BESTEST flower maker in the world!!!! Your tutorials are awesome and I am so glad that I bought those tools from you. I have been practicing and these tools are THE BEST! Having that embossing mat is perfect also….You just cannot do without THAT! Your fairy cards are at the very least stunning! Thank you for sharing your tutorials with us…Now, if only I could find the time…LOL…Take care and thanks for the smiles you put on all of our faces :)

19. Jill Moyle says:

Awesome card Jerri. It certainly draws you into their deep conversation, I love it so much. Thank you so much for sharing with us

20. Barbara Leonard says:

Jerri, this is adorable!

Another beauty, Jerri! Love the soft colors.

22. emily says:

As always, your work is just over the top gorgeous!! I love the way you have cut out and popped the little images. I am going to go and check out all the tutorials you have added! I know mine will never match yours but I will have to give them a try!
    Thank you so much for sharing! :)

23. Anne says:

Hi Jerri,
    Your close to real flowers and glitters make the card so much nicer. Graphic 45 papers is a great DP for any projects. Love ALL your works,dear!!…..Have a nice weekend!!

Absolutely enchanting, Jerri!!!! The papers are magical and your have brought them to life with all your special touches!!!!

25. Linda Duke says:

Oh wow Jerri!! Absolutely gorgeous girl, you are amazing…

26. Sheila - UK says:

Another stunning card Jerri, it’s such a delight to visit your wonderful blog to see what creations you have done. I don’t think I have ever seen such beautiful papers as the ‘Once Upon a Springtime’….and what you do with them makes them all the more beautiful. This is such a cute image and I love the way you add baby breath to your gorgeous flowers. Oooo still waiting for the 2011 dies here in the UK!!.
    Take care.

Love Sheila xx

27. Sandra ltb says:

wow, wow, wow –
    Sandra ltb

28. Oh so Gorgeous and just love the dimension you gave to them, such pretty layering of the papers, they are so pretty and your flower arranging is just beautiful!

Your vintage card is gorgeous, Jerri!! I love the sweet fairy, cute frog, and your stunning flowers!! Your distressing looks perfect!

30. bethann d says:

ok, you twisted my arm, held me down and made me buy these paers… they are gorgous, i’m scared to cut them lol. so now i can try try try to emulate your gorgeous cards (yeah i have as much chance as that snowball in you-know-where) i have the rose die on order, should i wait for it or use other dies,,, oh the possibilites .

31. Edna Siu says:

I love the story-telling-paper, it tells the story, the story of our imaginations, by our own creativeness. Now as a mother of a 19 years old boy, I have heard about this until my son was about 14 years: give your very young kid a book, (he will be at the age that he does not know how to read yet), and ask him to tell about what he sees. what? Yes, let him explore by his imagination and creativeness to present it before you block the story by your words.
    This paper remind me of this breathe-taking philosophy for moms. I miss this so much. Terri, bear with me if I share my true feeling when I saw this card, it is an interesting that it takes me so far in thinking, and so deep.

32. Dawn says:

What a beautiful card! I love what you’ve done with the paper. Graphics 45 is one of my favorite companies.

Awesome card Jerri, I love how you popped the fairy and the frog up, and the ribbon and baby’s breath are beautiful with your gorgeous Spellbinders flowers.

34. So beautiful — LOVE your layering and gorgeous flowers!

35. Kendall B says:

Way to go Jerri, marvelous card. The fairies are enchanting as are your cards. TFS