Feb 27 2011

Graphic 45 – Seashell Fairies

Hi sweet friends!  I’ve saved my favorite for last in this Graphic 45 series of fairies. I have two green cards to share with you. I’ll be back in a day or two with the second one. If you haven’t purchased the Once Upon a Springtime papers yet, head over to the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store before they’re gone, the papers are so incredibly sweet!

I designed a card a few weeks ago using some of the floral papers in this collection, it can be viewed here: Love is in the Air. If you missed the blue fairy card, it can be viewed here, the pink fairy card can be viewed here, and the gold fairy card can be viewed here.

These fairies have stolen my heart!  There’s something magical about their innocence.

The flowers were first stamped with JustRite’s Friendship Blooms cling stamps, then cut with Spellbinders new Blossom 3 dies. The petals were embossed and Fairy Dust glitter was applied to the tips with a Quickie Glue PenMay Arts 1/2″ wrinkle ribbon was dyed and aged with Distress Inks, then tied into a double looped bow using the Bow Easy. A bit of baby’s breath was tucked into the arrangement.

I stamped a sentiment on the inside of the card using JustRite’s Friendship Blooms set. Spellbinders™ Labels Four is fast becoming one of my favorite sets.

I dusted the branch sprigs from the Foliage dies with an olive green glitter.  Sometimes it’s hard to capture the sparkle in photography that you see in real life, such is the case here. I added large pearls inside the flowers.  While pearls are grown in oysters, I think of them when I see seashells.

TUTORIALS for making the flowers:

Flower Tutorial Part I

Flower Tutorial Part II

Flower Tutorial Part III

Flower Tutorial Part IV

Tools I use for optimum results in making the flowers and embossing the leaves:

Embossing Pad A5

Embossing Tool – Extra Small (for leaf veins)

Embossing Tool – Small Ball (for small flowers, leaves and butterflies)

Embossing Tool – Large Ball (for mid-size flowers and leaves)

Embossing Tool – Extra Large Ball (4.5mm) (for large flowers and leaves)

Embossing Tool – Extra Large Ball (6mm) (for large flowers and leaves)

Supplies used on the above design:

Stamps:  Friendship Blooms (JustRite Cling); The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Ink:  Vintage Photo, Wild Honey (Tim Holtz Distress Inks)

Paper:  Light Yellow, Mellow Moss, Moss Green; Graphic 45, Once Upon a Springtime; The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Ribbon:  1/2″ wrinkled ribbon, 3/4″ crochet trimBow Easy; Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

SpellbindersBlossoms ThreeFoliageGrand Labels FourLabels FourGrand Caliber

Accessories: Embossing PadEmbossing ToolsQuickie Glue PenJoy Craft Foam Tabs; (A Touch of Grace – Paper Boutique), Sponges, Pearls, Baby’s Breath, Fairy Dust Glitter, Zip Dry Adhesive, Fast Drying Tacky Glue, Sewing Machine, Craft Knife, Olive Green Glitter

Thank you so much for spending a few minutes of your day with me!

28 Responses to “Graphic 45 – Seashell Fairies”

Oooooou Jerri, this is my favorite in the fairy series so far. I love the woodland lake feel of the piece. You are so creative! It is really just a work of art to be framed and enjoyed again and again!

2. Just fabulous, Jerri! LOVE those sparkly wings and fun distressing!!!

3. Rita says:

Jerri – these are gorgeous. I just ordered the Spring collection and am now waiting for it to be delivered. Can’t wait to see the next one.

4. Beth Norman says:

Oh, another delightful project. I just took my first flower punch making class and boy, is it a lot of work. I appreciate your flowers even more.

5. Sheila - UK says:

Oh Jerri yet another breathtakingly stunning card…such attention to detail and I always love the way you add the baby’s breath to your beautiful blooms. I’ve tried to source some here in the UK but I’m sorry to say there is nothing as delicate as yours.
    Well done on another first class creation

Love Sheila xx

6. Pat Jandacek says:

You make such beautiful pieces I find it difficult to think or hear of them as “cards.” They are so much more than that. But not only are the fronts gorgeously designed, I also admire the finishing touches you put on the insides. TFS

7. Heather Peel says:

Wow . anther superd creation Jerri. Really beautiful .Just love it all very much. hugs Heather

8. Dottie Davis says:

You are so awesome! You have taken a simple picture and with all your artistic ability have transformed them into beautiful works of art. Beautiful colors, appealing glitz and well crafted flowers bring it all together to be AWESOME!

9. Mrs. Ham says:

I can see why it’s your favorite. The focal is wonderful, but you have tranformed it into a work of art.

10. So Beautiful!!!! And I can see why it’s your favorite…….I love this paper collections……thank you for sharing the awesome piece……

This is precious Jerri!

12. Frances says:

Ohh, this is beautiful!! Jerri, do you give live classes? I live in Florida. Hugs, Frances.

You never disappoint. This is stunning, Jerri!

14. emily says:

It’s a wonder I don’t short out my keyboard with drool when I stop by your blog!!! Your cards and projects are always so amazing. This paper is so gorgeous and the way you have used it and brought out the best in it is awesome. I love the flourish of the sparkly branches behind your beautiful flowers. Everything about this is just perfect!
    Thank you for sharing! :)

15. Sonya Appel says:

I love these! It looks just like something that would be in my Grandma’s hope chest!!! I loved going through hers and finding treasures like this!

16. Janet Castle says:

Beautifully done Jerri…as usual – LOL! YUMMY eye candy!!!
    Hugs,
    P.S. have a new card up on my blo that I think you will enjoy if you get a minute to take a peek. http://www.jancastle.blogspot.com (Jan’s Joy)

I agree Jerri, they’ve stolen my heart too. Are they on the paper, or are they stamps? Either way, I think I must have them!

18. Babara says:

wow oh wow did you hear my ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh from New Zealand. just magical.Love them all.

19. so pretty, love all the touches of glitter to give the card such a great shimmer!

20. Tracy says:

Your fairy cards have been so beautiful Jerri! You are so talented in design and you never disappoint in the flower department. :-) I had to call my daughter in the other day to see your purse card. She was as amazed as I was. That card was beyond gorgeous. Thanks so much for sharing all these lovely creations with us. Hugs!

21. Anne says:

As always, beautifully done!! Your love of flowers is so intense that anyone can see that rightaway!! Great work again!! Love those glitters……….

22. Susie says:

I’ve working all day with my new “Once Upon a Springtime” collection of papers, ribbons, and all the rest of my goodies from Stamp Simply (the ribbon is like butter). Is it me or could you just create with these papers the rest of spring and…summer!

Living near the water I can understand why this card is your favorite. But…I’m not sure if I could pick a favorite – seriously. I am partial to green (smiling) and this would make a nice St. Paddy’s Day card don’t you think? Every one of your creations have been so beautiful that I’m afraid I’d have to say — thank you, I’ll take them all *tehehehe*

I’m glad I saved the best for the last. Having a cup of tea and enjoying your post this evening. Looking forward to the next :)

Hugs,
    Susie~

23. Susan says:

Beautiful!

24. Silke Ledlow says:

Gorgeous fairy card! Love the in and outside Jerri! As always you just know how to add the right amount of embellishements :) !!! Hugs ~S~

25. Hi Jerri,

Wow girlie, this is just wonderful. I love fairies and Graphic 45. Your embellishments are just perfect. Amazing work sweetie. Thank you for sharing.

Hugs and Blessings,
    Deb

26. SO SO beautiful, Jerry, like only you can do! I just love the little touches of sparkle.

27. Your fairy cards are all just AMAZING, Jerri! I don’t know if I could pick a favorite. The fairy and the frog has a real dreamy quality to the image that I just love. I can get lost in that one. The fairies on the seashells are so whimsical and fun, and every detail you’ve added to the card makes a masterful creation. How wonderful it would be to simply have these on display!