Mar 11 2011

Vintage Ancestry Trinket Box

I’ve been working on more vintage designs using the Ancestry papers from K & Company. I love these vintage teal papers, so dreamy! This trinket box is gorgeous and was easy to make. I used a Pergamano Template – super easy! I simply traced the pattern on the designer paper, folded the box and sealed it with Perga Glue. I decided not to put anything inside the box as I’m using it as a decoration piece for an end table. It makes a perfect gift box for any occasion. (Shopping links are provided at the bottom of this post.)

As an aside: Some of you have written advising you cannot see your comment after posting it.  My blog was updated several months ago (it’s a WordPress blog, hosted by Splitcoaststampers) and, unfortunately, a few hiccups occurred with the server. I know the good folks at SCS are working hard to get this issue resolved. If you click the refresh key (F5 key) on your keyboard, that will refresh the page and you should be able to see your comment.

I decorated the top of the box with a Blossom Three flower, small Prima flowers and leaves cut from both Carnation Creations and Foliage dies. I tipped off all edges with a Krylon 18Kt. Gold pen.

I’ve received a lot of e-mails asking about what paper I use to make the flowers. Using a light weight paper yields flowers that are more wispy.  Using a heavier paper, as the Ancestry paper, yields a thicker, heavier flower.  Both are absolutely gorgeous  .   .   .  in other words ladies, it doesn’t matter, pretty much all papers will work using the mums tutorials (linked at the bottom of this post). I did not separate the layers of the Ancestry paper as I did the paper in the tutorials.  All papers in this design are from the Ancestry collection, leaves, flowers, box and borders (with the exception of the small prima flowers).

I love how the Parisian Accents border dressed up the sides of the box with vintage elegance, a bit romantic I think. To cover the ends of the border, trimmed to fit with scissors, I abutted two Blossom Three flowers. I absolutely love the way it looks.

This photo gives a closer view of the Parisian borders. I edged the fold lines of the box with the Krylon pen before attaching anything to the box. The borders were also edged with the Krylon pen before I adhered them to the box with Perga Glue. I like using the Perga Glue because of it’s very small nozzle. It’s very easy to apply the adhesive just where I want it without a big mess of globby glue.

The ribbon was dyed with Teal and Tea Dye Distress inks to coordinate with the darker teals in the paper.

TUTORIALS for making the flowers:

Flower Tutorial Part I

Flower Tutorial Part II

Flower Tutorial Part III

Flower Tutorial Part IV

Tools I use for making flowers and embossing:

Embossing Pad A5

Embossing Tool – Extra Small (for leaf veins)

Embossing Tool – Small Ball (for small flowers, leaves and butterflies)

Embossing Tool – Large Ball (for mid-size flowers and leaves)

Embossing Tool – Extra Large Ball (4.5mm) (for large flowers and leaves)

Embossing Tool – Extra Large Ball (6mm) (for large flowers and leaves)

Supplies used:

Dies: Blossoms ThreeFoliage, Carnation Creations, Parisian AccentsGrand Caliber (Spellbinders™)

Accessories: Trinket Box Template, Embossing PadEmbossing ToolsKrylon 18Kt. Gold PenPerga Glue, Prima Mini Gypso Flowers, Pearls  (A Touch of Grace – Paper Boutique)

Paper & Ribbon:  Ancestry, 1/2″ wrinkle ribbon, Bow Easy (The Stamp Simply Ribbon Store)

Ink:  Vintage Photo, Teal
Thank you for stopping by to visit.

40 Responses to “Vintage Ancestry Trinket Box”

1. Oh Jerri this is so pretty…..I love the DP…..just stunning…..thank you for sharing….

2. Angel Hawks says:

This is gorgeous as your work always is. I love using the Krylon gold on the edges of the flower petals. Such a nice effect.

Angel Hawks

3. Pat Jandacek says:

This is beautiful, just as all your artwork is, and it does sound reasonably easy. TFS

4. Rita says:

Oh Jerri..this is just stunning….I love it.

5. cepet says:

Jerri, how inspirational! I just love this! (the box template is on my “need to get” list)

6. Tammylee Newberry says:

Wow how pretty this is!

7. Phil Droney says:

How lovely and so inspiring – will want to get the blossom 3 as soon as available online

You are an amazing paper crafter thank you for sharing your creations and how to make them.

8. Lovely and inspiring box! Blossom 3 is calling my name!

9. Lynne says:

It’s stunning Jerri and thanks so much for sharing your talent. Both the box template and dies are on my wish list.

10. Jan D. says:

So gorgeous!

11. As usual, WOW — I would love to see the inside of the box. Does the top lift off, or does the side open? How does this work?

This time I read to the bottom and can see the tools and the care you put into the teaching of this.

I am considering buying some of the tools to do this — but the template scares me — I don’t use them too often… and which embossing tools are the ones used with the box template to get good curved folds for the sides?

Thanks so much for sharing your exquisite work!

Another brilliant creation! This box is just sooo pretty and elegant. You are such an inspiration, Jerri.

13. Barbara T says:

lovely..just lovely

14. velta says:

Simply magnificent Jerri!!! I love the teal color…but the real artistry is in the making of that trinket box…the flower…well, let’s just say, I am keeping that ugly green monster away from this one…So Gorgeous girl!!!

Another stunning piece, Jerri! Gorgeous!

16. Tosh says:

Another gorgeous work of art!! As always, your flowers are exquisite!! And I adore the colors and how you used the die around the box!! What a charming little gift box Jerri!!

17. Karen says:

Just gorgeous. The gift box is a gift in itself. Thank you for sharing. Love it!

18. Dottie Davis says:

My favorite color! Like the teal fairy I ordered from you for Christmas a year+ ago!
    This little box is so delicate and gorgeous. Love it!

19. Margaret Thompson says:

Absolutely utterly georgeous Jerri!

20. Anne says:

I am trying to make a box and I think I will do one like yours as a tool to hold the gift for my sister-in-law’s birthday tomorrow. Your work just inspires everybody to look for things which we have but never take notice of. Again, elegant work and always pleasing to the eyes!! Love to see them all the time!! Addicted!! How can you manage your time so efficiently? I really envy you!!! LOL!!! Have a nice weekend, Jerri!!

21. Rebekka says:

This is gorgeous Jerri! Love the colors and your artistry.

22. Frances says:

Absolutely gorgeous! love the colors. hugs. Frances.

23. Glenda says:

At the risk of always repeating myself, I just love your flowers! This teal color paper is awesome and it looks great in a flower. This is one of my favorites to play with. Well done!

24. Sheila-Uk says:

Well you’ve done it again Jerri this is out of this world!! Beautiful…stunning…exquisite! Absolutely gorgeous DPs and colours. Oh I wish I had a drop of your talent Jerri.

Love Sheila xx

25. Heather Peel says:

Hello Jerri .Another lovely peice ,to add to your wonderful works of art.the turq flower is beautiful. Did you paint it,or was it that clour to start with .i can see you have edged the tips of it too .its so good .these would make wonderful favour boxes at a vintage style wedding i think. Thank you its truly beautiful. i see you will be doing some designing soon for spellbinders, i got my spellbinders newsletter this morning .and saw your name .it just jumped out at me .hope you show us what you do .Thank you .Jerri.. have a lovely weekend . Hugs Heather

26. Jen says:

Just gorgeous I want to come play at your house just for a day!!!!

You’ve done it again Jerri! I love the greens, it has a St Patrick’s day feel to it. But then green is one of my fave colors. This is very cute, and I’d love to see the table when your done with it. Thanks again for sharing your talent with us.
    Hugs, Jessica

This is gorgeous Jerri, I love the gold trim on the gorgeous teal flower too.

29. Patti says:

Wow – I really love the accents on the side of the box – opens up an whole new way to decorate any type of box. Thank you for sharing this great tip. Now I’ve gotta make some of those fabulous flowers. Thanks so much for a great tutorials and instructions.
    my best,
    Patti

30. So Gorgeous Jerri!
    Trying to save my pennies for all these new dies! lol
    You are right they just add the right touch!
    Thank you for sharing!
    I hope you are having a wonderful weekend,
    Blessings and Hugs,
    Mary

31. Beth Norman says:

So beautiful. I can’t take my eyes away. So delicate.

32. […] Tutorials and Tools  for making the flowers can be found at the bottom of this post.     […]

33. Just Beautiful, I too love those papers and the decorating of the box is so cool!

34. The graduated comrade gradually graded the trademarks after the parade.

35. The commonsense commonwealth government no longer uses the uncommon commonplace.

36. In the bar the barber bargained for a jar of jam, then got over the barrier of barrels.

37. Show your tickets,please. Thank you for your advice.

38. That’s the latest fashion. The train arrived on time.

39. There go the house lights. They are paid by the hour.

40. Things are getting better. Wake me up at five thirty.