Mar 16 2011
Today is the last of the vintage designs I made using the teal paper from K & Co’s Ancestry papers. Believe it or not I’ve had the paper for a few years and have been hoarding it. Why do we do that??? There are many other patterns in the pad that are just as yummy! I’m glad I finally took it out and played with it!
I’ve altered a three inch round tin. I started by covering the bottom of the tin with the teal floral pattern I used throughout the designs. I used 1/4″ double sided tape to adhere the paper to the can. The tape is super tacky so if you don’t get the paper on perfect, you’ll rip it trying to re-position it. Here’s a tip: After placing the tape on the can, remove the red plastic strip and apply Perga Glue to the tape. That gives a few extra seconds to work with the paper, ensuring it adheres to the can perfectly.
I’ve removed the lid so that you can better see the paper adhered to the bottom of the can. Two borders from the Parisian Accents dies were edged in Krylon 18Kt. Gold and adhered to the can using Perga Glue. I love the lacy look of the can.
Altering the top of the can was a lot of fun! I placed leaves (Foliage dies) completely around the edge of the lid, attaching with Perga Glue (it dries very quick, grabs tights and provides a permanent bond). Using an extra large embossing ball and an embossing pad, I gently cupped the doily from Parisian Motifs and adhered it over the leaves. Flowers (Blossom Three dies) were placed on the doily, as well as leaves (Foliage, Carnation Creation dies), Prima Mini Gypsoflowers, and a bit of baby’s breath. A large, lacy butterfly (Fanciful Flight dies) was perched atop the left edge of the lid. A few Prima flowers were placed around the perimeter on the leaves as well.
I covered the upper portion of the lid with a 1/4″ strip of the teal paper (around the side of the lid). A Krylon 18Kt. Gold pen was used to draw on all edges throughout the project.
A view of the back of the can showing how I covered the seam where the borders meet up.
Also included are six coordinating gift tags, one to give with each Notecard. They were easy to make. I cut six floral tags and six teal tags using a die from the Parisian Accents dies. I cut the scrolls from the teal tags and adhered them over the scrolls on the floral tags. 1/16″ dyed silk ribbon was attached to the tags, Swarovski Crystals and Brass Beads were added to the ribbon. The ribbon tails are 5 inches long, perfect to tie onto a bag or attach to a bow. I left enough room on the tag to write the recipient’s name.
Tutorials and Tools for making the flowers can be found at the bottom of this post.
44 responses so far