Apr 12 2011

Baby’s Wall Hanging – Companion

Good morning, I’m so happy you’re here! Today I want to show you the companion piece to the wall hanging design I made for a baby’s nursery that I posted here. I’ve changed the colors around, still using the same ones, but giving emphasis on salmon pink in this design. The image was stamped with a stamp from the Lenton Rose stamp set by Flourishes (available at Stamper’s Dream) and water colored with Tombow markers (marker numbers are listed at the bottom of this post under “Supplies“). The designs will hang together in a baby’s nursery (hopefully a future grandchild).

I passed the largest Spellbinders™ Lattice Rectangle die through the Grand Calibur and cut the lattice rectangle on 140 lbs. cold-pressed water color paper. The image was then stamped and water colored. When I think of babies, I think of ribbons and lace. The Lattice Rectangles are perfect for weaving ribbon through.

This picture shows the dimension in the Grand Labels 11 panels. I placed the water colored image on 2mm foam tabs, as well as the panel the water colored image is adhered to.

Mini Gypso Prima flowers were added to the salmon roses, as well as sprigs of pearls. Water colored leaves from the Lenton Rose stamp set are tucked under the rose. A sweet little fairy is peeping out from the large salmon pink rose made with Spellbinders™ Rose Creations dies. A bit of fairy dust was added to her wings.

Small butterflies were punched and then glittered for added sparkle. The largest butterfly was made with a Fiskars punch and the two smaller butterflies were made with a Fancy Crafts Twin Punch. I lightly sprinkled glitter on the edges of the rose petals. Petite glass beads were adhered to the flowers’ centers with Perga Glue.

Tombow markers were used for the wash of teal and green placed on the background of the stamped image, starting out bold in the lower left corner and softly fading into the sky.

Supplies Used:

Stamps: Lenton Rose

Tombow Markers723, 761, 757, 800, 177, 277, 098, 055, 346

Paper:  Apricot, Carnation White, Once Upon A Springtime (12 x 12), 140 lbs. cold-pressed water color paper

Spellbinders™ : Grand Calibur, Rose Creations, Lattice Rectangles, Grand Labels 11

Accessories: Glitter, Fiskars Butterfly Punch, Twin Crafts Fancy Punch (Smallest Butterflies), Foam Tabs, Petite Glass Beads, 18Kt. Krylon Pen, Prima Mini Gypso Flowers, Zip Dry Adhesive, Perga Glue, Zip Dry Adhesive, Pearls, Pearl Sprigs, Embossing Tools, Embossing Pad, Ranger Fine Gold Embossing Powder, Heating Tool, Versamark, Craft Knife, Ribbon, Watercolor Brush.

Thanks so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate you taking time from your busy day to stop by and visit!

60 Responses to “Baby’s Wall Hanging – Companion”

Oh wow – how wonderful! This is precious, and a lovely companion piece to your previous wall hanging. It is charming and will be a treasure for your future little grands to delight in each day. Thank you so much for the attention to detail this reflects – I am amazed!
    If it’s not too much to ask, could you post a photo of both wall hangings side-by-side so we may see how the colors complement each other together. I imagine it will be breathtaking.
    Thank you, Jerri!

2. Sue K (australia) says:

Jerri, WOW – yet again – its simply stunning. I sound like a broken record, but i DO never cease to be amazed (dont think that made sense) – but you know what i mean. Just absolutely gorgeous.

3. Sheila-UK says:

WOW! WOW! WOW! Oh Jerri what a perfect companion to the teal colours you did earlier! The salmon colours are such a delight. As I’ve said before I’m so in aw of your tryly amazing talent! EXQUISITE!!!!

I’m definitely going to have a go of this one and have now sent for the lattice triangles which would also make an amazing feature on a card like this.

Love Sheila xx

4. Marion says:

Best companion piece ever. SQUEALS of delight!!

Marion
    uk

5. Heather Peel says:

Hi Jerri . Wow what an amazing piece of art .love it love it love it .Youre creations delight me everytime a new one comes along.The flowers and the little details are perfect every single time .You just find some wonderful things to show us all how to use spellbinders to the best advantage.this is so very classy .cant wait for your next piece of inspiration .hugs Heather

6. Anne says:

This version is very feminine and soft!! Looks like you will have a grand daughter to take pride of in the future…LOL!! You are making two colors in case you have a grand son as well……Heehee!! I love the pink version…..just more girly!!

7. This little fairy one is as precious as the little bunny one! Love the colours and the ribbon woven through the border. Your blending of the background and the painting on the image is gorgeous. You are a true artist!
    Thank you so much for sharing! :)

What a gorgeous hanger, Jerri! There is so much lovely detail that I have to sit and look for a while to take it in. What new mother wouldn’t want to hang this in bby’s room.

9. Jen says:

Just gorgeous!!!! Love all the detail you put into your art!

10. Maryann says:

WOUW this is so gorgeous Jerri. I love these colors here, and I´m sure, it´ll look just wonderful in a nursery, no matter where it´ll be, but hopefully in your future grandkids ha ha ha.
    You´ve just made a wonderful piece of art here too, and I must say, I so love all of it. The beautiful fflowers the wonderful colors and the wonderful feeling of spring it puts on my mind, when I watch it. Stunning work again dear friend. I LOVE it.

Gorgeous Jerri, love all the little details. Glad to see I am not the only one who has to turn the seed beads on their sides for flower centers, ha ha.

12. bonnie weiss says:

Nice to see someone using Tombow’s still. That’s what I learned to colour with in the beginning and YOU certainly have mastered them. What a stunning piece of art that some very lucky Mom will have to proudly display in her little baby’s room. Absolutely gorgeous!

13. Peggy Allen says:

Another beauty.

Absolutely stunning!

15. Sonia says:

I really love these wall hangings you are making- beautiful!

16. Lynne Hurlburt says:

OH MY !! You do such beautiful work. And I do mean work, everything you do is so very detailed. Thanks for sharing all of your beautiful items. Hugs n’ Stuff, Lynne

Beautiful.

18. Carol Parks says:

Breathtaking Jerri. You have such amazing talent.

19. Those are so beautiful. You put a lot of TLC in to you work.

20. Carolyn says:

Oh my goodness! I liked the blue one but I like this one even better. You constantly amaze me.

21. How precious….and hopeful it will hang in your “near” further grand baby rooms……I just love this so much……tfs

Well, at least I am not No. 500 this time in making my comment :) I love this and it is over the top gorgeous, gf!

23. bethann d says:

so gorgeous. sweet and a perfect companion for the blue one. what a lucky baby

24. Charlene Dahlberg says:

Jerri– This companion piece is just as perfect as the first.. amazing talent

25. Marilyn says:

WOW!! What amazing paper crafting you do, this wall hanging is just beautiful! I love admiring your work; it just is so nice to look at. You are quite the artist, thanks for sharing. Enjoy your day.

26. Barbara L says:

Another adorable creation, Jerri. the butterflies and fairy are the perfect touches. Thanks for sharing.

27. […] A Touch of Grace » Baby's Wall Hanging – Companion This version is very feminine and soft! Looks like you will have a grand daughter to take pride of in the future…LOL! You are making two colors in case you have a grand son as well……Heehee! I love the pink version… just more girly! […]

28. Mrs. Ham says:

Wow Jerri, this is gorgeous. You are too talented. I need to move back to Florida so we can hang out, and so I can absurb some of your talent :)
    Thanks for sharing, and have a wonderful day.

29. Dottie Davis says:

What a soothing color for this baby wall hanging. Just precious. So delicate and pretty…it really strikes a note in me of the smell of babies. We are so just so delighted to see your work, Jerri. Yes, we are.

30. JoAnne F. says:

What a lovely, lovely piece. You are an artist! Thank you for sharing it with all of us.

31. JO WITNEY says:

OH my goodness is this adorable! Too beautiful for words, what talent you have. I can’t wait to make one too. They say imitation is the highest form of flattery, and I hope you agree. jo

32. it is just gorgeous in these colors too, what a wonderful piece to have ready for your future grandchildren.

33. Lagene says:

GORGEOUS! Absolutely beautiful! I love the little fairy, butterflies, the whole composition is fantastic!

34. Carol R says:

So precious and sweet! Gorgeous work.

35. This is truly stunning! So many wonderful details, gorgeous!

36. Gabriela says:

Jerri – I know you have like a million comments on this companion baby wall hanging clogging your Inbox, but I just couldn’t resist reaching out and telling you that I’m swooning over this exquisite creation. I feel badly adding to the extraneous email volume but your artwork moved me THAT much.

37. ann says:

Hi Jerri,

Each creation keeps getting better and better. How can that happen??? You know I love everything you do.

Love Ann

38. Kathy says:

You have made a beautiful combination with these two.

39. Thelma says:

This is absolutely beautiful Jerri. I googled “baby wall hanging” to see the post as there seems to be a problem getting your posts lately. I just keep getting the Apr 1 one over and over again. Would you know why?

40. Rose C. says:

Just absolutely beautiful…Love the watercoloring.

41. […] A Touch of Grace » Baby's Wall Hanging – Companion Mini Gypso Prima flowers were added to the teal roses as well as sprigs of pearls Water colored leaves from the Lenton Rose stamp set are tucked under the rose A sweet little fairy is peeping out from the large salmon pink rose made . […]

42. Jaline says:

Hello Jerri, this piece as the first one is fabulous. I can feel the love you put into it. Every details are so well thought of. Your creative process is to be admired. May your wish come true.

43. Michelle R says:

Magnificent, Jerri!!!! :)

44. Shanna says:

Ohhhh, I love it. So beautiful
    TFS
    Shanna
    stanner58 at yahoo dot com

45. Barbara T says:

LOVELY !

46. Grandma YooHoo says:

Oh, oh, oh – these are so gorgeous. You are by far, my favorite designer. I always search my new emails for “news from Jerri” as they always give me such inspiration. Thank you for sharing your beautiful creations on the web!

47. Susan says:

Jerri – It is abundantly obvious you have put a great deal of thought and time into this piece. I just love all of the details — a true winner!

48. Trish Verner says:

Aren’t I the lucky one to have joined the followers of your blog after that terrific blog hop a few days ago. You wow’d me with your baby wall hanging and you’ve done it once again. Your creations are simply stunning and no matter how long I study the wall hanging, I see more detail every time.
    I became a granny for the first time 5 weeks ago to a little girl called Katie and would so love to be able to make these for her, but I know my limits!!
    Thank you for sharing these with us.
    Hugs,
    Trish x

You are such a smart girl…making a blue and a pink wall hanging to cover all your future grandma bases…LOL!!! Both of them are sooo gorgeous, Jerri…every little detail is total perfection!!!! Your watercoloring is fabulous, as always, and I just love the awesome ribbon treatment!!!!

50. Susan Turner says:

I am blown away by your creations Jerri! Susan Turner

51. Gayle says:

Well Jeri,Once again you have done an esqusite job.This is simply beautiful.Now just hope your children don’t have all boys!!! You will have to make something just as beautiful in blue then-lol
    Gayle

52. DebraK says:

This is so beautiful, Jerri! It makes me smile because my 2nd grandchild is due in 7 weeks. We don’t know if it is a boy or girl–my daughter wants to be surprised. Her son is 8 years old, so there is quite an age span, and she is 28 and really ‘feeling her age’ with this one…hehe. Your creations are so perfect in every way–you are an inspiration!!! Hugs

53. Linda Duke says:

Jerri this is just gorgeous, and your coloring is perfect as always my friend :)

54. Jerri this is just so precious!!
    Absolutely gorgeous!

I hope you are having a great week!

Blessings and Hugs,
    Mary

55. michelle f. says:

oh, seeing this whole instead of the teaser peak is so much better. your artwork is just so lovely. your blog is another papercrafting one i look forward to seeing everyday. thank you.

Beautiful as usual! Thanks for sharing, I’m thinking of doing something similar. I’ll certainly give you credit for the idea. Thanks for sharing your amazing talent with us.
    Hugs, Jessica

This is so beautiful, Jerri!! I love all of your wonderful flowers, and especially your weaving of ribbon through the frame bordering!!

58. Catherine Lippert says:

What can I say….just beautiful. I am full of admiration for your creativity!

59. Jen says:

Beautiful love the colors…

60. Oh, Jerri, this is so gorgeous! Just had to come hoping to see this companion piece. Knew I’d get here eventually. What a treasure to cherish, as all your works of art are!