Apr 18 2011

Matching Baby’s Card

I hope you all had a wonderful weekend!  I took a couple days off to be with my family.  Today I have the last baby piece  to show you.  This is the card that matches that two wall hangings.  The colors of the card are a bit more intense than the wall hangings. The image was stamped with a stamp from the Lenton Rose stamp set by Flourishes (available at Stamper’s Dream) and water colored with Tombow markers (marker numbers are listed at the bottom of this post under “Supplies”). This card will be given with the two wall hangings to whichever of my sons is the first to become a father (I’ll make another set for the other son .  .  .  hee hee hee!).

I used Spellbinders™ Lattice Rectangle dies to cut the lattice rectangle on 140 lbs. cold-pressed water color paper. The image was then stamped and water colored. The Lattice Rectangles are perfect for weaving ribbon through. The large blue teal rose was made with Spellbinders Rose Creations dies.  Glitter was applied to the edges of the petals and to the fairy.

I layered the Label 11 dies on the inside of the card.  I felt the Once Upon a Springtime paper was adorable for the inside of the card.  I cut several flowers from the flower sheet to create the flower border, a bit of glitter was added to the flower centers.

Mini Gypso Prima flowers were added to the teal rose, as well as sprigs of pearls. Water colored leaves from the Lenton Rose stamp set are tucked under the rose. The adorable fairy seems to be reaching into the flowers. A bit of fairy dust was added to her wings and clothes.

Small butterflies were added for a bit of sparkle. The largest butterfly was punched with a Fiskars punch and the two smaller butterflies were punched with a Fancy Crafts Twin Punch. Petite glass beads were adhered to the flowers’ centers with Perga Glue.

Tombow markers were used for the teal wash placed on the background of the stamped image, starting out bold in the lower left corner and softly fading into the sky.

Supplies Used:

Stamps: Lenton Rose

Tombow Markers723, 761, 757, 800, 177, 277, 098, 055, 346

Paper:  Sea Green, Carnation White, Once Upon A Springtime (12 x 12), 140 lbs. cold-pressed water color paper

Spellbinders™ : Grand Calibur, Rose Creations, Lattice Rectangles, Grand Labels 11

Accessories: Glitter, Fiskars Butterfly Punch, Twin Crafts Fancy Punch (Smallest Butterflies), Foam Tabs, Petite Glass Beads, 18Kt. Krylon Pen, Prima Mini Gypso Flowers, Zip Dry Adhesive, Perga Glue, Zip Dry Adhesive, Pearls, Pearl Sprigs, Embossing Tools, Embossing Pad, Ranger Fine Gold Embossing Powder, Heating Tool, Versamark, Craft Knife, Ribbon, Watercolor Brush.

Thanks so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate you taking time from your busy day to stop by and visit!

38 Responses to “Matching Baby’s Card”

1. Maryann says:

This is just sooo beautiful. I love how you´vde played with the colors in the back and how you´ve used the flowers to make that border inside too. And the way you´ve weaven the ribbon in the edge of the card too, it looks really cool. Sooo many great new ideas for me to try out too he he he. I love the whole card. You´ver really done a great job here hun.
    Have a wonderful week ahead.

2. Susan says:

My daughter in law is about to give birth to a baby boy. Have been looking for inspiration for a card (something special). I think this card is so gorgeous, will adapt it and use the dies I have etc. Wonderful, beautiful card.

3. Anne says:

Impeccably executed again!! My guess is right…you do all these for your sons… huh! Your water color is great together with the usage of the DPs. It also gives me some inspirations for my grand niece’s coming birthday!! Great work to get me inspired! Thanks for sharing!!

4. Rebekka says:

Stunning! Beautiful color combo, beautiful design. I want to come to your house and play. :)

Such gorgeous work, Jerri. The color combination and design is fantastic.

6. If I had to pick which one….I had to pick this one…..of the one I like best….these colors are gorgeous……and such inspiration……I just love your work…..thank you for sharing….and I really do mean that…..I always look forward to see if you have a new post….

7. bonnie weiss says:

OM … I sat here staring at the card, taking it all in and then when I scrolled down, I couldn’t believe the inside had more yet. Beautiful, BEAUTIFUL card.

Jerri, your card is absolutely stunning. I love the colors you have used together. Everything about it is just perfect!

9. Carolyn says:

So pretty! Love those flowers and colors.

10. Sandra ltb says:

very sweet.
    Sandra ltb

11. Barbara L says:

Another winner, Jerri. The colors are wonderful and the inside is just as beautiful as the outside. Thanks for sharing. It’s a lucky mom that will be getting this card.

12. Dottie says:

Yes, the colors are more intense than the wall hanging colors were BUT THESE ARE MY FAVORITE COLORS!! LOL! I love it. You knew I would. Your son and future daughter-in-law will cherish these beautiful creations for their first born. The paper is beautiful in the inside. How charming to add the ribbon of flowers. Once Upon a Springtime is a gorgeous set of papers and you made the most of them.

13. Sammie says:

Beautiful card, I love everything about it. The teal roses, and the your color combinations are just gorgeous. You do amazing work, thank you for sharing and giving me inspiration.

Just gorgeous! I have my paper pack, and every now and then pull it out to leaf through it. They are such gorgeous papers. I finally took the leap a couple of days ago and pulled out a piece out to use it. I’m not usually so protective of my pretty papers, but I just love this stack! Lovely pieces Jerri, as always! TFS
    Hugs, Jessica

15. velta says:

Hi Jerri!!! My goodness this is just “fairy” beautiful!!! I am in awe of your flowers and all of your darling ideas on this creation! Thanks for sharing and for all of your sweet comments on my blog! Have a great week and take care my friend!!

Gorgeous! Beautiful inside and out! What a treasure.

17. Mrs. Ham says:

Absolutely breathetaking. The colors are stunning, the fairy is just amazing, and those flowers are outstanding. When your sons have children, these kids will know that they have one amazing grandma.

18. jo anne eggers says:

absolutely GORGEOUS, as usual. thanks so much for sharing!!! Jo Anne

19. As usual I always love your work. The colors are an inspiration to try doing more with coordinating colors. Like my house I am so beige. Thanks for sharing
    Hugs,
    Dottie

20. Leanne says:

Just stunning Jerri… I especially like how you put a bunch of little beads in the center of the pinkish color flowers. I love it! Again, you inspire me with your work.
    Hugs and Blessings…Leanne

21. Mary Gutierrez says:

Breathtaking for sure…!!

22. Jaline says:

Hello Jerri, this is absolutely gorgeous. Every little details are perfectly placed. You are the Queen of flowers, they are all stunning. You are so talented and so inspiring. The last few years of my life has not been easy and have been unable to do any of my crafts in the last year. But, guess what! You make my heart bloomed when I browsed all of your designs, and I’m getting ready to start again. Thank you so much.

By the way, your stamping room is fantastic and happy to know that you can turn it into a mess in no time, lol. Welcome to my world.

Your garden must be gorgeous, you are blessed.

Hugs
    Jaline

23. […] A Touch of Grace » Matching Baby's Card I have my paper pack, and every now and then pull it out to leaf through it. They are such gorgeous papers. I finally took the leap a couple of days ago and pulled out a piece out to use it. I'm not usually so protective of my pretty . […]

Jerri, this is beautiful!

25. Trish Verner says:

Another stunning creation Jerri. I adore every part of the card, but mostly, I love the way the fairy is angled making it so realistic looking.
    Big hugs,
    Trish

Gorgeous Jerri. I love the laced border and the stickles on the beautiful flower are awesome!

It takes my breath away! Stunning!!

28. Deb Saaranen says:

What a beautiful design around your Lenten Rose…beautiful woven ribbon as well…goreous as usual Jerri!!!

29. Rufus says:

Your work is always so incredibly detailed it’s amazing! The colored to match ribbon wound through the frame is so pretty. Just lovely!
    R/

30. LindaMar says:

You must have had a great vacation! Rejuvenated and back to your stunning craft! Love the colors you chose and the papers. You do a nice photo job on your projects. Thanks for sharing

31. Janet Castle says:

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh sooooooooooooooooo sweettttttttttttttttttttttt!!!! Beautifully done!
    Hugs,

32. I love your article. It can help me get much useful information. Hope to see more words in it. I think you will have interests to see

33. Beth Norman says:

Oh my heaven. You really rock the blogging world. Your work is always so elegant and beautiful.

34. The details and the colours on your beautiful cards is just amazing! The little beads all added on end and the shimmer and sparkle of the flowers and fairies is just perfect. Another one of your beautiful artistic creations.
    Thank you so much for sharing! :)

35. Oh, dear! Exquisite! I’m just beside myself. What a very special and beautiful card to accompany the wall hangings!

36. Oh is that ever the sweetest….. love the dimension with the fairy so neat, and lovely inside too!

37. Jenny Gropp says:

Oh my!!!! This is so very dainty and sweet. The close up pics are great and show all of your special little extra “jerri” touches!