Apr 25 2011

Enjoy Your Day

Today I have an embossed card to share with you that I designed using Spellbinders™ Grand Labels Four, Blossoms Three, Rose Creations, Nested Leaves, Foliage and Labels 18.  The Grand Calibur made cutting these dies a snap.  I love that I can place several dies on the 8 1/4 x 11 plates.  After cutting the Grand Labels Four (using the largest die) card, I scored and folded it about 3/4 down from the top. Using a light box, I hand embossed the card using EH1867, Anja’s Style 2 – Flower, brass stencil.

After I embossesd the die, I cut the openings shown above with a craft knife. I adhered a small rose and foliage leaves at the top of the card.

I stamped a sentiment from JustRite’s Heart to Heart set onto a die from Labels 18 and adhered it to the inside of the card.

The larger roses were made using Blossom Three dies.  The larger leaves were cut using the Nested Leaves dies.  A couple of yellow roses were added.  I also hand embossed the bottom of the card with the Anja brass stencil.

TUTORIALS for making the flowers:

Flower Tutorial Part I

Flower Tutorial Part II

Flower Tutorial Part III

Flower Tutorial Part IV

Tools I use for optimum results in making the flowers and embossing the leaves:

Embossing Pad A5

Embossing Tool – Extra Small (for leaf veins)

Embossing Tool – Small Ball (for small flowers, leaves and butterflies)

Embossing Tool – Large Ball (for mid-size flowers and leaves)

Embossing Tool – Extra Large Ball (4.5mm) (for large flowers and leaves)

Embossing Tool – Extra Large Ball (6mm) (for large flowers and leaves)

Supplies Used:

Paper:  Carnation White, Cerise, Moss, Daffodil

Stamps:  Heart to Heart (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store)

Dies:  Labels 18, Nested Leaves, Rose Creations, Grand Labels Four, Foliage, Blossom Three

Ink:  Vintage Photo, Old Olive, Scattered Straw, Encore Gold Metallic Ink

Accessories: EH1867, Anja’s Style 2 – Flower, Brass Stencil,  18 Kt. Krylon Gold Leafing PenGrand Calibur, Zip Dry Adhesive, Perga Glue, Craft Knife, Flower Soft, Sponges, Embossing Tools, Embossing Mat

Thanks so much for stopping by, I truly appreciate your visits!

53 Responses to “Enjoy Your Day”

1. Gabriela says:

Oh my goodness Jerri, all the painstaking work you put into your card was worth every bit of effort. It shows beautifully just like those gorgeous embossed cards you see in the most exclusive of stationery stores.

2. Leanne says:

Very pretty Jerri! I wondered if you cut out the openings as soon as I viewed it?
    I see you did by your comment. I had seen other Anja brass stencil cards you had did before and wondered if you had to cut them as well? I tried doing it once and I didn’t think my cutting looked very good? Your’s seems to look GREAT!
    Another beautiful card. Hope your Easter was a blessed one?
    Hugs…Leanne

Gorgeous Jerri and so sophisticated looking. I love the flowers and the hand embossed die is gorgeous too.

OOooo, Jerri . . . you amaze me again and again! This is gorgeous! Your flowers are so life-like. And the hand embossing with the stencil is so beautiful on the Grand Labels Four. This is a wonderful card.

5. atkinsia says:

Jeri, this is why I love your site! The beauty of your work just calls to my spirit. This is absolutely stunning. For this to be a card, it can be mounted for home art decor.

6. This is beautiful, Jerri. LOVE the embossing that you did on it… such incredible detailed work!

7. Barbara Jay says:

OMG this is gorgeous !! I love the embossing and the way you used Grand Labels four as a base. Like the other poster my cutting is not as even as yours either LOL

8. Marion says:

If I had the talent I would never have the patience!! Another feast for the eyes.

Thank you Jerri.

Marion
    UK

9. Kay says:

These are so beautiful and what a lot of work with all you made. You’re work is always so stunning that I just sit and drool over everything.

I have a question about the smaller leaves. Did you emboss them similarly to the way you did the petals? Also (I think my eyes are playing tricks on me) it looks like some of the leaves have dew on them. Is that an effect the lighting is creating with the embossing or did you add something to them?

10. Sheila-UK says:

Oh Jerri I’m utterly speachless!!!! Your creations are just so exquisite and always so perfect.
    I love the embossing and the cutout work….the lowers as always look so real that I feel I could pick them. Well done you talented lady for such an incredible work of art.

Love Sheila xx

I love those gorgeous flowers, Jerri! They look so real and alive.

12. Glenda says:

Jerri, your cutwork always looks so sleek and perfect. I did this kind of work in the past, but my hands are not so steady anymore. Do you have any tips on how you manage to make yours look so perfect? This is lovely and you truly make me want to try this again….I even know wherre my light box is…hehe.

13. Angela says:

This is such a beautiful card!The flowers are gorgeous and the embossing and cut out elements makes this card look so elegant! I always find so much to inspire me here, Jerri! hugs, Angela

14. WOW! Gorgeous. Love how you altered the die with your craft knife. Going to look for those dies now.

15. Becky Jo says:

Stunning! You do such beautiful work and your flowers look real. Great idea using the label as the card. TFS Hugs!!

16. Pat Jandacek says:

A beautiful and beautifully-made piece of art once again. I so admire your talent and artistic ability and am glad I stumbled onto your blog one day….and stayed, of course!

Another stunning card – you take everything to the next level.

18. Jenny Gropp says:

Super creative card shape using the Grands!!! It’s beautiful!

19. Anne says:

Your dry embossing work is so utterly beautiful and the paper looks so antique around the embossed area. How do you achieve that look? Really amazing!! The opening of the card is pretty interesting!! Great job Jerri!!!

20. LindaMar says:

Just stunning! I was also wondering if those leaves have “dew” on them, and if it is, how did you do it?

Jerri, you are a genius for details on your creations! I love the flowers and all the attention to details that you present in your cards! You are the master of beautiful creations w/your crafting abilities. The flowers are awesome and so realistic, gf!

22. Barbara L says:

This took my breath away, Jerri. Wonderful! Thanks for sharing and making this a great start to my Tuesday.

23. OMGoodness!!!! This is gorgeous…truly a work of art……you are my inspiration and hero….I don’t know if I have the skills or patience to do this…..I know I can emboss….no problems..but the cut out is exquisite workmanship…..well done my friend…..well done…

24. Carol Pinkey says:

Jerri, I am always amazed with your cards. I don’t know how it is possible to create cards more beautiful than the previous! You are always out-doing yourself! Thanks!

25. Pam Pemsler says:

This is an intoxicatingly stunning card. I looked all through your website and cannot find the paper (cerise, moss,) that you say you use. Is it colored parchment? I want to learn to make these leaves and flowers!!

26. Carol R says:

A gorgeous card. I love the detailed cutting out you did. A very elegant card.

27. Cindy says:

Another masterpiece! You never fail to blow me away, I am totally inspired now! Cindy

28. Sheri Riemenschneider says:

Jerri,
    Kudos to you, as always. What a beautiful creation! You are so gifted – thank you again for sharing.

29. Linda Page says:

OK, Jerri, just when I think that you can’t possibly out do yourself, you out do yourself. Amazing card. Amazing talent. I wish I could be just like you when I grow up!

30. bethann d says:

amazing, perfection, stunning,lovely, beautiful. i can’t hand cut as well as you do, i always get ragged edges no matter how sharp the blade, or it tears on me.

31. Hope you had a blessed Easter! This card is scrumpous! The flowers are gorgeous as usual. I love the fold of the card and all of that cutting out of the stencil is so neat! You are so talented.

32. velta says:

Hi Jerri! You can tell when someone loves what they do…it shows in their art! Just when I think your flowers could not look more perfect, they get more perfect! This card, embossing and the time you took to cut out the windows is so lovely. I could put the flowers in a vase and give them to my (green thumb) sister and she would not know that they were not real! After reading some of the comments on here, I can see that I am not the only one who is amazed by your creativity…Thank you for sharing my friend!!

33. Carolyn says:

Oh my goodness. You certainly take paper crafting to new heights with each project you do. That card is beautiful.

34. bonnie weiss says:

Only you could turn a simple Spellbinders die into a piece of artwork, Jerri … nothing short of amazing.

35. Speechless. very, very talented and a creator of divine cards.

36. Bev J. says:

Another beauty-love the embossing and cut outs-so neat and pretty.

37. Rebekka says:

This is just stunning!! So Elegant! I am going to try and do this one :). Will let you know how it turns out. Surely not as gorgeous as this!

38. So very Gorgeous, so love the texture you brought to the leaves, it makes them look so real, beautiful cut away, and such lovely flowers!!!

39. Janet Castle says:

Another stunning card Jerri!!!! Love the cut work! God has certainly gifted you and we are blessed with the results….thank you sooooooooooooooooo much for sharing this beautiful project with us!
    Jan Castle

40. Heather Peel says:

hi jerri. hope you are well .what a beautiful card .love your idea.you surely know how to use spellbinders to there best advantage .looks like you have chalked around the edges of the main card underneath also .it looks lovely .the touches you do just make it all come together so fantasticly.are the small yellow flowers your own ,or have you bought them .wondering what die you used if there yours ?.truly amazing peice of art work .love it so much .Hugs Heather

41. michelle frasher says:

such a gorgeous card. the time and attention to detail that you put into each of your hand-crafted cards definitely shows. it is apparent that you really love what you do. thank you for sharing it with us.

42. Mary Gutierrez says:

You just amaze me over and over again…beautiful card!!

43. Always AWESOME! Your cards have so much beauty and texture. Thank you again for your design.
    Hugs, Dottie

44. Simply fabulous….I always enjoy your designs and creations. What marvelous details!!

45. Dottie says:

This card opens up to a big surprise on the inside with white on white and gold edging. Just pristine and beautiful. You have mentioned before that you use a craft knife to cut out many of your shapes. Having always used scissors I gave it a try, ONLY BECAUSE YOU DID, and found to my amazement it works beautifully. See, I learn something every time I visit your site. PLUS I have the pleasure of seeing your gorgeous artwork. Gets the creative juices flowing every time!!!

46. Renee says:

You are so very talented. I work hours on trying to make beautiful cards. Some turn out very nicely and others are learning experiences. I have been spending many hours trying to perfect paper flowers and haven’t been successful. Thank You for sharing your tutorials on Flowers. Your flowers are just Beautiful. I am going to try this method. This site is a real Blessings

Love Renee

47. sharon wheet says:

Your card is simply gorgeous! OMGosh! TFS. You are truly talented!

48. Tonniece says:

Beautiful Jerri.
    I hope you had a great Easter.

Hugs
    Tonniece

49. JO WITNEY says:

Hello Jerri, Once again your design is gorgeous. So far your batting a thousand in my book. I can’t wait to try them on my own. Thanks for the inspiration…. Jo

Wow Jerri! You’ve done it again! It’s just gorgeous, and I love the way it opens. You are so creative! I haven’t been able to scrap or make cards in days as we’ve been going to clean carpets for a week! Today I’m gonna do it, if I have to do it by myself! Then I’ll be able to finish reorganizing my space and get back to work! Or is that play…. 😉
    Thanks for sharing,
    Hugs, Jessica

51. Heather says:

Wow Jerri – this is beyond stunning………. I am speechless. I love embossing. tfs
    Hugs
    Heather
    x

52. Susie says:

Jerri,
    Seriously, I’d pay to sit at your table and learn from you! I bet I could watch for hours *laughing* Another beautifully embossed card! The cut work alone is enough to send most running for the hills. This type of talent and ability is a gift *smiling* Thank you so much Jerri for sharing this gift of beauty with all of us.

Hugs,