May 27 2011

If You’ve Wondered Where I’ve Been

Published by at 12:33 pm under Projects in General

I’ve been spending the past month in a whirlwind of end-of-year high school activities with my youngest son, Daniel.

There was also a trip to Nashville to collect my oldest son and bring him home for the summer.

I will be posting again soon, albeit not as much. I’m taking time off this summer to enjoy my family before they head off to school in the Fall, which will happen much sooner than I want it to. For the first time in 21 years I’ll have an empty nest. Daniel will be attending Vanderbilt University in Nashville, Tennessee. He’ll be joining his older brother, Stephen. Stephen’s senior year is coming up  .    .    .  I can’t believe how fast the time has flown!

My amazing graduate. Daniel turned 18 this past February.

I couldn’t be prouder!!

My oldest! Stephen will be 21 in August.

Congratulations Daniel, I’m so proud of you!

Thank you all so much for stopping by and indulging me with showing off my family pictures!

I wish you all a wonderful Memorial Day weekend!

Many hugs and blessings,

77 Responses to “If You’ve Wondered Where I’ve Been”

1. Jaline says:

What a beautiful looking family. You can be very proud indeed. Congratulations. Enjoy you summer.

Paper Hugs

2. michelle frasher says:

wow! what great pictures. i love how you look at your sons. it is evident that you love them but it looks like you really like them, too. have fun this summer!

3. BarbaraT says:

HANDSOME! Congratulations and enjoy your time off

4. MargieH says:

WOW ~ great pictures, Jerri! And such a PROUD MAMA MOMENT for you!
    I also have two boys – boys are great…most of the time. LOL!!
    Congratulations to Daniel! What a great school to attend! I used to live in Nashville (Brentwood) so I know what a wonderful university it is! Much success to both guys!

5. What a blessing Jerri! He looks so grown up, much older than a HS Senior! You look gorgeous in the pictures too lady :) Have a wonderful summer with your men!

6. auntie em says:

Congratulations to your son! You will never regret taking the time to be with them. Lots of time in the fall when the house is a little quieter to dig out the toys and create some more of your beautiful creations!
    Thanks for sharing the pics and Happy Summer to all of you! :)

7. Sheila - Uk says:

Enjoy your Summer with your beautiful family Jerri. What fabulous photos you have posted too. Will look forward to wonderful new creations in the fall. Have a fun time.

Love Sheila xx

8. Phil says:

Many congratulations – a wonderful family – have a lovely Summer and good family time

9. CONGRATULATIONS, Daniel !!!

Jerri, thanks so much for sharing the wonderful photos of such a glorious time for your family!! Next fall both of those handsome young men will be in college together so enjoy the summer with them and the crafting world will still be right here when you return :))

Congratulations Jerri,the pics are great, you have a very handsome group of men. Enjoy your summer.

11. Maryann says:

Congratulations to your son Jerri but also to you as well. You have a wonderful family, so please just enjoy all the time with them you can this summer. It just is sooo short, we have them all together, and soon they´ll be busy with lots f other things too, and then you´ll have plenty of time to play, while they´re gone back to school again. And your house will definately be much more quiert then and you´ll be more than happy to have something to do too. But soon you´ll also enjoy, that you´re able to do exactly what you would like I´m sure. I have been there too, and at first it was sooo weird, but soon there´ll come lots of new things in your life too, to keep you busy and entertained, so just enjoy the moments now hun, and especially this last summer will be one, you´ll always remember, so take lots of pictures and make a good scrapbook later, believe me, you wount regreatr that, when they both go back to school again in the fall .
    Have a wonderful week-end and summer ahead hun. Please take care.

12. Ursula Uphof says:

Jerri, Thank you for sharing your lovely photos with us. Congratulations to Daniel and to you. Enjoy your lovely family this summer and have fun. Too soon they are away and spreading their wings. I know all about it. I have 4 sons and 2 are living in different continents so, your family time together is very precious.
    Warm wishes

13. Rani says:

Congratulations Jerri…. you do have a lovely family. you should be proud! :)

14. What wonderful photos, Jerri! A handsome crew, indeed!!! You HAVE been missed!! Enjoy your summer! Life is WAY too short!!!

15. Marimer says:

Tienes una familia adorable, sois todos guapísimos. Disfruta de ellos que son lo mas importante. Enhorabuena por la graduación a tu hijo.
    Feliz verano.
    Besitos desde Tenerife.

16. Rebekka says:

Awesome photos of your handsome men :) You have been missed, but I sure can understand about family first. Our children grow up so fast. When my son graduated he had a scholarship to a local college, but he decided he was going to join the Marines and go over sea’s, he is my one and only, so you can not imagine how heart sick I was that I could not see my son for 2 years. When I look at his baby pictures it seems like just a few weeks ago and now my baby is going to turn 34 :).
    Enjoy your Summer!!

17. Joanie g says:

I was so excited to see your message! Your family looks wonderful and many Congrats to all of you! Time goes by so quickly so don’t miss anything especially the time with family! So that said Jerri, enjoy your summer and many blessings to you all. We will all be here whenever you return.

Joanie

18. Anne says:

I have wondering where you are and meant to send you a mail to see if you are attending to your sons’ needs only!! Here you are with your posting already!! Congrats. on your son’s achievement and really glad that you can spend some time with them. You look awesome in the photos and also you have some great guys too!! :) Miss your postings so much but do spend more quality time with them before anything else!! Happy Memorial Day to you & enjoy the company of your family !!! So happy for you!!

Jerri, you have a beautiful family. I adore the full length photo of you and Daniel. I have missed you but am happy to know you have been enjoying your son.

20. Good for you!!! Enjoy.

21. Edna Burgess says:

Handsome men i your family and you should be proud of them. Congratulations and best wishes to each of you. Edna

22. What a handsome happy family! You are such a proud mom and it brings memories back. Enjoy your summer.

23. Mitzi Luttrull says:

Jerri, congrats to both of your sons! How proud you are of their accomplishments. Smart and handsome… a good combination in life. Take the time you need to enjoy your family. Your cyber fans will always be here. When my husband and I became empty nesters, it hit us hard. So relish the busyness that your sons and their friends bring. Soon enough you’ll have extra time for your creativity.

24. Edie says:

What a great looking family. Enjoy your time with your family. I’ll miss your daily posts but family is the most important job you have. Time does fly and you can’t get it back.

25. Ohhhh yea, enjoy your family – a very nice looking bunch! I had wondered, but I know life takes charge sometimes so figured it was something like that!

26. Dottie says:

It was wonderful seeing your family pictures. There is nothing on the face of this earth that is as important as spending time with those boys! They are precious. I was just wondering why I hadn’t heard of any new posting to your blog. Now I know! Its our children that grab a mother’s heart that whisk it away. Usually summer isn’t real productive in the card making world anyway….everyone’s outside – especially in Michigan – soaking up the glorious sunshine, going on vacations, outside get togethers barbecuing and all. Blessings to you and your family!

27. Pam P says:

Looks like you are surrounded by very handsome men! Congratulations to Daniel!

28. Angela Wood says:

What a gorgeous family you have Jerri! You must be a proud mom for sure! 😉

Have a wonderful summer – family is the most important! Enjoy! And I will look forward to seeing your creations in the fall! big hugs, Angela

29. Donna D says:

Jerri, I have been wondering where you’ve been and am happy to know you’ve been enjoying precious time with your beautiful family. Enjoy the summer with them while taking some time off. We will continue to look for amazing posts from you, whether you showcase new creations or share some small details of a fabulous summer with your guys. Regardless, we will still be here… Enjoy the summer!

30. Cindy says:

Jerri, I was wondering where you’ve been, I miss your beautiful creations! But I understand you wanting to treasure this summer with your sons, they grow up all too fast. When my three little chickadees flew the nest it took me quite a while to adjust. But I’m all better now……..I think……..WAAAHHH! LOL Hugs, Cindy

31. Linda E says:

What a handsome young men you have Jerri, enjoy this time it passes too fast. Your nest won’t be empty for long. They may not live with you ever day but they do come home and usually not alone. Enjoy your summer, you will be missed but you will be back. Thanks for the personal touch and allowing us to share this special time with your family.

32. Cyndee Scholet says:

Congratulations on your sons accomplishments. What goregous family photos! Just priceless. It looks like you have a beautiful family (both inside and out).

You’re right…time flies so quickly. I ended up with an empty nest sooner than I expected when my son decided to enlist in the Air Force after only one semester at USF instead of using his full ROTC scholarship with the Air Force.

He just hit his one year mark and is finally finishing with his tech school. He will be home from the 1st until the 20th on RAP (he’ll be helping out at the recruiters office, but he’ll get to be home without having to take leave for the whole time).

Then he will be heading to Eglin Air Force for his first base assignment.
    He will be working with Cyber Transport Systems (internet security). Thank goodness for the new assignment because he was originally headed to Masawa in Japan. I was glad to hear that was not going to happen because of all the problems over there.

Our daughter just graduated Magna Cum Laude (and Phi Beta Kappa) from UF with a double major in Economics and Political Science and a double minor in Spanish and Portuguese and a certificate in Latin American Studies. In two weeks, she heads to Brazil for 6 months and then we’ll see where she goes from there. She met her boyfriend while she was there last summer on a fellowship. He came up for her graduation.

We just got Monday from a Baltic cruise to celebrate her graduation. We went to Copenhagen (Denmark), Tallinn (Estonia), St. Petersburg (Russia), Helsinki (Finland) and Stockholm (Sweden).

So, I’ll have both my children here from the 1st to the 14th. I have no idea
    when we’ll get to spend that much time together again. At least one of them will be in the United States and relatively close by!

Thanks for letting me get to share about my kids and enjoy your summer with yours!

33. Beryl says:

Congratulations! Enjoy the summer and the time with your family. You are right, it goes by far too quickly.

34. Lynne Hurlburt says:

What a proud Mama!!
    Congratulations !! What a good looking family. You are right the summer will go by really quick. Hugs n’ Stuff, Lynne

35. bethann d says:

you don’t look any older than your sons. lucky them to have such a great mom, lucky you to have such great kids and hubby. enjoy this time. my DS is coming home for a w’end to help celebrate his g’parents (my parents) 60th wedding anniversary. this quote has been running thru my head since my youngest graduated ” the days are long but the years are short” how very true.

36. Linda Bullard says:

Big congratulations, Jerri! I don’t blame you for sharing your joy. You have a wonderful family and every reason to be so proud. I can see how a new kitten would be helping with that empty nest syndrome you’ll be dealing with very soon. I’ll be watching for your sharing of that news too. Linda

37. Ilene says:

I have truly missed you, Jerri! What a handsome family you have and you all look so proud, as you should. I remember those days and now I have gone through it with my grandchildren also. Hmmmm – – that really makes me sound old!!! (young in heart though)

I look forward to your blogs but you deserve a summer off. I’m kind of at loose ends as the store I worked at closed for personal reasons of the owner but we closed on a high note so that was good.

My best to you and your family and Happy Memorial Day!!

Ilene

You look like your boys sister! How come you didn’t age or were you really 12 when you had them? LOL Do you have to beat the girls away from your door with a stick? What amazing looking boys you have. They are so handsome! Congrats on the graduation and also being able to spend the summer with them. Have fun!

39. Becky Jo says:

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing the beautiful photos! You and your family look so happy and should be proud! Happy Memorial Day weekend to you and your family! Hugs!!

40. jo anne eggers says:

what a handsome family–you certainly should be proud, and i am sure they are proud of you as their mother! thanks for sharing the photos.

Jerri, I did not realize that this was Daniel’s senior year! Where has time gone? Your boys are so handsome and you have a right to be so proud of them…

Enjoy your summer and yes, before you know it, summer will be over!

42. Bev J. says:

Some handsome men in your family-enjoyed the photos. Enjoy your time with them.

43. Hi Jerri,

You have a beautiful family. You are one proud mama and so you should be. Congratulations Daniel!!!
    I hope you have a lovely summer with your guys Jerri and I am looking forward to seeing your creations when you can post.

God bless you sweetie.

Hugs,
    Deb

44. Ellen B says:

Hi Jerri,

What a handsome family you have. Enjoy the summer!

Whoa Jerri, you don’t look old enough to have sons that age!! Your trio are stunning and you must be so proud of them…congrats to Daniel on his graduation.

Cathy

46. connie smith says:

What a gorgeous family and good looking bunch of boys!! They must get all their good looks from their mom!! Congrats and getting the birds out of the nest!!

Wow Jerri, what handsome young men you have! I too have two handsome young men. But mine are considerably older than yours! I think that Daniel looks so much like you, then I saw your hubbs. And he looks so much like him too! It’s fun how they can have their own look, and still favor you both. My boys both look like me and their dad too. Thanks for sharing your family with us. I think that blogs should be about our lives… what ever it takes us. Enjoy your summer with your family. I’ll miss you, but I know you’ll be back.
    Hugs, Jessica

48. Congradulation!!!! I know you are so proud of them you can see it in your eyes…..I will miss you terrible…..but I do understand spending time with your boys while they are still at home….take care and cherish every moment you have with them……….

hugs
    gloria

What a beautiful family you have Jerri. Such a blessing from God! I hope you have a fabulous summer with them and delight in every moment you have together.

50. Knowing that Daniel was graduating, I knew exactly what you were up to!!! lol The photos of your gorgeous family couldn’t be more beautiful, Jerri. Enjoy them. Enjoy them. Enjoy them! We’ll see you when you return…

(And how nice that both your young men will be at the same University. That means they will have exactly the same days off.. PERFECT.)

51. velta says:

My goodness Jerri ~ It is a wonder your boys aren’t in Hollywood making movies…both of them are just as handsome as can be!!! You don’t look too shabby either…in fact you look fantastic! Hubs too, can’t leave him out! Your photos of the boys are awesome!!! I hope you and yours have a Blessed and Rewarding Summer Together!

52. Debby Walker says:

Jerri, Congratulations to your son!! Ofcourse you can share your pround moments! A very handsome family indeed. I have been concerned wondering where you were; I am glad you let us know. Hugs.

53. Barbara Leonard says:

What a handsome group of men you have! Congratulations to you all. Enjoy the summer.

54. mary friederichsen says:

Congratulations to all of you!
    What a Beautiful Family.
    May you all be Blessed!

Hugs,
    Mary

55. Bette S says:

What handsome men you have!! Enjoy your summer with them. Will miss your blogs, but I fully understand.

56. Frances says:

Wow! how handsome are your sons!!! Congratulations! hugs, Frances.

57. Congrats to your son, I don’t blame you for taking every moment you can with them, it’s sad when they are gone for good. Glad you can enjoy them both one more summer.
    Your a lovely family :)

58. Heather (montreal) says:

What a gorgeous family! I can see the love in your eyes :)
    I must say, I also kept looking at your dress – I love it! It’s soft, feminine and looks like a perfect dress for this wonderful occasion.
    BTW, my 6’5″ nephew is graduating from HS on Tuesday. I’m already welling up with tears of joy for him. Must get that out of my system before the ceremony 😉
    Thanks to your gentle nudge, I’ve been making lovely ribbon flowers (with Helen Gibb’s book) and am having a great time. I’ve always loved working with teensy things and although the 1/4″ ribbon is a challenge, the results are so encouraging. I love the flowers!
    I look forward to seeing your creations but until then, enjoy those sweet guys!

59. Congrats! You have a beautiful family! My oldest will be 21 in August as well and my baby girl will be graduating HS next month. Boy, they do grow too fast :( Enjoy your summer!

Congratulations, Jerri!! Your guys are so handsome, and your pictures are wonderful!! Thanks for sharing, and enjoy your boys!!

61. Eunice Brown says:

Happy Memorial Day to you too Jerri. Thanks for sharing your family with us. You have a very hansome set of guys, they take after their mom! Have a wonderful summer with your family, and know that you will be missed by me. Take care, Eunice

62. Patsy Bocook says:

Your sons are SOOOOO handsome! In fact, you are just a very attractive family! Thanks for sharing these pictures and have a wonderful, blessed summer with you guys!
    Hugs,
    Patsy

63. Ginger Cerniglia says:

I’m so glad to see that you are enjoying your family. I did miss you and have been trying to resubscribe thinking I may have missed something wonderful that you may have created.
    Your family is beautiful and it is wonderful that you want to spend time with them while they are home.
    Enjoy….time comes by so fast. They will be moving on and out in no time.
    Hang on the ride ahead can be a wonderful one once they have families and you have even more to enjoy.
    Will be waiting and watching for your creations. Enjoy your family and a wonderful summer.

64. ann says:

Jerri, what a wonderful time for you. Your family is just gorgeous! I love the way you look at your boys, I know you are so proud of them. Enjoy the summer. I know it is going to be difficult for you this fall but maybe that means we will see more of you in Nashville. Selfishly I hope so! Sorry I missed you this trip but I know I will see you in the fall. Enjoy every moment, I know you will

Hugs Ann

65. marilyn says:

Congrats to the whole family!! I must say Jerri you look wonderful, must be that Florida water. Enjoy your empty nest when the time comes, obviously you and your husband have done a wonderful job raising your boys, it shows in the pics. You will enjoy their accomplishments as they continue to grow into young adults, I know my boys are there, and yes the time has flown by, oh my!!! Just think of it like this, how much more crafting time you’ll have.
    I’ll miss your regular posting, but will know your enjoying special time with your family and look forward to what you will be posting!

66. Janet Castle says:

Yes, missed you! Your deserve this time apart with your family…ENJOY!!! We will all be here when you are available again.
    Hugs,

Congtats to Daniel…how exciting to graduate and head off to college!! I’m sure you feel better about it since he will be going to the same school as big brother….I know you are going through lots of emotions right now…bless your sweet heart!!! All three of your men are very handsome, Jerri, and you look like a teenager…such a beautiful family!!! Enjoy your summer, gf!!!

68. LindaMar says:

Jerri! I was wondering what happened to you. I am so happy to hear that all is well, and even better than OK. Congratulations to you and your husband for raising your sons to this stage in their lives. They look at you with genuine love in their eyes. I am sure you are very proud. No luck or surprise that your sons are so good looking with the good looks of their parents…..Enjoy your time off with your family. Looking forward to your return.

69. Deb Saaranen says:

What wonderful pictures Jerri…such a special time!

70. Mary Lee says:

Congratulations to you & your family! What a good looking family too!
    Enjoy & savor every moment w/ them! Take lots of pictures!!! My girls are 20 & 25 & I’m so blessed to have them still here in town! One’s talking about moving to Orlando(3hrs. away) & the other one is talking about moving back to Hawaii where she was stationed in the Navy for 4 years! So I get all the time I can w/ them!
    Seems we can’t wait for them to grow & mature, but when it comes time to go out on their own that our hearts swell w/ pride yet also breaks at the thought of them leaving.

71. Mrs. Ham says:

Congratulations to you and yours. Aren’t you the proud mama, I love that smile that’s on your face. Just so much love there. Thanks for sharing the pics of your beautiful family. Enjoy your summer with them.

72. Margie says:

Jerri:

What a lovely family!!!! Your boys and husband are so handsome, and you are one BEAUTIFUL proud mama and wife. Congratulations to Daniel!!! Thank you for sharing your family pictures. Have a great summer. You will be missed, but the summers go quickly. I will be looking forward to opening up my e-mail with something from “A Touch of Grace.”

Margie F.

73. Sue K (Oz) says:

Hey Jerri. Congratulations to Daniel, but also to you and your husband who obviously are so proud of your 2 wonderful sons. Have a great summer with your family you deserve it. Look forward to seeing/hearing from you soon. As always, thanks for sharing.

74. heatherPeel says:

Wow ive missed you on here.What a gorgeus family you have.Totally agree ,you spend lots of time with your sons,they grow up and leave you far too quickly,you look back and wonder where the time has gone.Thank you for sharing your special pics with us all,How very proud you look and rightly so.They look so like you and Dad as well.Have a wonderful summer with the boysI will,look forward to hear from you when you can ,and know it will be something special as always Hope the sun shines on you all send me some sunshine when you get back on here,you always brighten up my day when i get a message from you.Bless you all Jerri Take care enjoy every single moment .Love n hugs Heather

75. Beth Norman says:

What wonderful photos. Your son is so handsome. Wow, you look fabulous.

76. What a beautiful family — including your 51 year young self! The years do fly by in a flash so I’m happy to hear you’re taking the time to enjoy this summer with the boys. I was beginning to wonder where you were… Savor the days. You’ll be so glad you did.

77. Paula Gale says:

Hi Jerry

I must have missed this post last year, but not being in the best of health a great deal of it, I ‘t tend to comment on all of your posts, even though I read them – however, I do recall you saying you were taking time off to be with your family – it’s the photo’s I can’t remember seeing. I know I would have remembered these wonderful pictures of you and your sons. Not sure whether I told you this or not before, but my sons have the same age difference as yours so in 2014 mine will share 2 big birthdays together – 21 & 18. You have every right to indulge yourself with pictures of your sons. You have every right to be a very proud mum too. To have both your sons go to university is a wonderful acheivement on your part also. Sadly, neither of my sons have the desire to go although my eldest stayed on until he was 18 although this is not compulsary in the UK. They certainly don’t get to graduate though, which is a shame because those last 2 years are about gaining very significant higher level qualifications. Again, these are not compulsary but are necessary to get you in to uni should you want to. My son didn’t want to and now has no employment because of the high rate of unemployment in the country – now in the same position as some with degrees and those with no qualifications. He wanted to go to the ‘university of life’!!!? My younger son – soon to be 16 and in his last few months of compulsary education, has no desire to stay on at school, but has opted for the more vocational route of going to college to study sport science. Like your sons, no doubt, my sons had my 100% blessing as these have to be their life choices – I found it important to ensure that later in life, they made these for themselves and weren’t steered or led by me (although deep down I would have loved them to go to uni)! Maybe they will become mature students one day when the going is much harder – but they don’t appreciate that despite me giving them the options.

Gosh – I feel like I’ve written my life story in your comments box… please feel free to delete once you’ve read – I just wanted to share that with you that’s all.

Anyway, It’s great to see you back blogging anyhow – and nice to see the emails dropping in my inbox once again to tell me that you’ve posted!

Paula (UK). xx