Feb 22 2012

Yellow Roses

Thank you all so much for the very warm comments you’ve left on my last post. I’m very touched by your thoughtfulness and prayers.

I’m afraid I have misled some of you with the wording in my last post and I want to apologize. When I stated I’ve completed the last book in the technique series, I meant to convey that I’ve finished the lessons in the last book and have completed the lessons in all seven of the books. I did not write these technique books, I’m merely a student learning the beautiful craft of parchment and I wanted to share my progress with you.

I’ve made a pretty, quick and easy card to share with you, not much work is involved. I’ve included my favorite adorable butterflies. I’m still using the Fancy Crafts Twin Punch. I never tire of these fluttering creatures, they’re petite and perfect for note cards like this.

I made the yellow roses using Spellbinders Rose Creations dies. After embossing and assembling the roses, I added a bit of black Flower Soft to the flowers’ centers. I cut two of Spellbinders Fleur de Lis Rectangles, using the smaller one for the flower spray and the larger one to make the frame. Using a die from Spellbinders Large Rectangles, I cut the center from the largest Fleur de Lis Rectangle to form the frame. Both Fleur de Lis Rectangles were placed on dimensionals for depth. I used light yellow cardstock for the card base. The inside of the card was left blank for writing a note.

TUTORIALS for making flowers:

Flower Tutorial Part I

Flower Tutorial Part II

Flower Tutorial Part III

Flower Tutorial Part IV

Tools I use for optimum results in making flowers and embossing leaves:

Embossing Pad A5

Embossing Tool– Extra Small (for leaf veins)

Embossing Tool – Small Ball (for small flowers, leaves and butterflies)

Embossing Tool – Large Ball (for mid-size flowers and leaves)

Embossing Tool – Extra Large Ball (4.5mm) (for large flowers and leaves)

Embossing Tool – Extra Large Ball (6mm) (for large flowers and leaves)

Supplies Used:

Paper:  Light Yellow, Carnation White, Moss Green, Purple, Daffodil Yellow

Ink:  Scattered Straw (flowers)

Dies:  Rose Creations, Fleur de lis Rectangles, Large Rectangles

Punches:  Fancy Craft Butterfly Punch, L-EM Leaf Spray Punch

Accessories:  Grand Calibur, Krylon Pen, Perga Glue, Flower Soft (flower centers), Dimensionals (large and small frames)

Thanks so much for stopping by today, I appreciate your visit.

56 Responses to “Yellow Roses”

1. Beautiful card and lovely inspiration for me. Congratulations on your book. Welcome back. I missed you. : )

2. This is just beautiful!

3. Gorgeous, Jerri! So glad you’re back too!!!

4. Irma in California says:

Jerri, as always your work is simply amazing. I am looking for inspiration for a couple sympathy cards and this fits the bill. I will use this as a jump start…Thanks so much for coming back to us!

5. Rebekka says:

This is gorgeous..
    As beautiful as your cards are, I thought you wrote the books..:)

6. Sheila - UK says:

Oh this is stunning Jerri and lovely to see your gorgeous flowers back again…such a pretty colour. It gives me such delight to be able to see your wonderful creations once more….you have such a great talent.

Love Sheila xx

7. sue smyth says:

so glad your back, i loved your work from sunny australia, i design for a company that sells spellbinders and you were my inspiration, so many times, i love your details and polish that is so sadly missing in a lot of work.

cheers sue

8. I was missing this lovely flowers. The card is so simple and elegant, and that little butterflies are perfect!

Welcome back!

9. Just stunning, Jerri! Beautifully done, as always!

10. suzanne says:

Stunning as always Jerri! I love seeing your creations, you always fill me with inspiration.
    Hugs Sue x

11. Carol Southern says:

So wonderful to see you back posting again. I’ve missed seeing your beautiful work.
    I’ve been checking at least twice a week since last May and wondered if you were OK, but didn’t like to impose by emailing you, so just kept on checking.
    Beautiful, beautiful card today and yesterdays parchment card was tops.

Gorgeous and perfectly elegant card, Jerri! I am so happy to have your blog post in my email again.

13. Heather says:

Hi Jerri . Well for me you are the best .Missed you so much ,tried a few times to find you and email you ,was concerned about you .It so good to see you back here .
    I just love to admire all your work ,it lights up my day seeing A Touch of Grace back ..
    lovely , such a sweet clean looking card . Love the little flowers .. lotsa hugs Heather

14. phil d says:

Oh how lovely – your cards are just great and I love looking at them and appreciate you sharing. Thanks so much. Look forward to seeing your blog posts – always a delight.

Phil

15. Paula Gale says:

Wow Jerri – this is some notecard… I’d be happy to receive a birthday card of this calibre! Your flowers are some of the best in blogland so it always makes me happy to see them on your creations.

Paula (UK) x x x

16. Pam P says:

Gorgeous card, as usual your flowers are stunning. I’m glad your back, missed seeing your lovely creations.

17. bonnie weiss says:

Very feminine and lovely.

I’m so glad you’re back Jerri! This is just lovely. So pretty and I too love the little butterflies. Hugs, Jess

As always…….impeccable!!! Love to see more of your works!! Miss you n your lovely cards so much!!!

20. Deanna says:

Beautiful Card as always, Glad your back!

21. So Pretty!!!! Congratulation on completing all the lessons…and I’m know we will be in for a big treat on what you’ve lean…..

Again I’m so happy your back…..miss you terrible…..

Very pretty. Love those teeny tiny butterflies

23. Tracy says:

Beautiful Jerri! Your paper flowers just come alive under your skilled hand. :-) So happy to be seeing more of your work again. Hugs!

24. LindaMar1 from California says:

You are so honest! I, too, thought you wrote/collaborated on the books. Looking forward to seeing your work. You really have been missed. Your work is the best I’ve seen. Always top notch. Welcome back!

25. Lainee says:

What a beautiful, beautiful card.
    Lainee

26. Donna G says:

Hi Jerri,
    I am thrilled to see you posting again. I, too, have been worried about you, but didn’t want to intrude on your privacy. Your beautiful work is so very inspiring! Thank you for sharing your talent with us once again.

27. Cheryl L says:

Gorgeous card! Love the double Fleur de Lis frames, and the punched leaves are fab.

28. Carolyn says:

The card is so pretty. So glad you are back.

Positively stunning, love all the details. !

30. Kristine Vencel says:

WooHoo! Jerri’s back! YipPee! YeeHaw! Love this card design. So delicate and so elegant. You are totally my inspiration for card designs. Thank you so much for sharing your gift with all of us.

31. Faulba says:

I am so glad you have returned to share with us your knowledge and beautiful creations. It makes me so happy to see I have an email from A Touch of Grace, because I know the wonderful paper crafts it encloses.

32. Marilyn says:

What a wonderful start to my morning. . . .another blog post by YOU!!! Thank you for returning to your blog, I so love seeing your work.
    This card is beautiful, you are so right, sweet little butterflies, I love them, they blend so well with your flowers!!
    Enjoy your day!

33. Selma says:

This is a gorgeous card Jerri.

34. Dottie says:

What a beautiful sweet card. I have been looking for ideas for sympathy cards that don’t require a ton of work as it seems we need many of these over the year. The flowers set it all off so attractively…the green leaves spray is so perfect to fill up a little more space. Very pristine and gorgeous work, Jerri. (I am just soooo glad you are back.)

35. Sandi says:

Hi Jeri, I saw your name on the upper right corner of the book and assumed you had written the book. My mistake not your’s. Love the new card and I might even be able to case this card. Hugs
    Sandi

Jeri, that is soooo gorgeous! I love how you used the two rectangles to frame your lovely flowers. This is just the prettiest card, so warm and cheerful. What a wonderful gift! Thank you so much for sharing it with us!!

37. Your card is so lovely! It’s so nice to see your 3D creations and flowers on your blog again. Those little butterflies are so sweet flitting about the blossoms.
    Hmm….maybe you should think about writing your own book. You have certainly got the talent and knowledge for it!
    Can’t wait to see your next creation! :)

38. Gorgeous flowers, love the yellows, sweet framing of them!

39. Ellen says:

Sometimes the simpliest of designs can be the most appealing and versatile. This card is one of those amazing designs that can be used for almost any occasion. It is so good having you back on your blog. I look forward to many more of your lovely creations.

40. I am absolutely convinced that it takes a trained eye to see and create this level of art, Jerri. You have a wonderful gift of doing just that. This is such a beautiful card. Thank you for inspiring us once again with your exquisite designs.

Susie ~

41. Mary Gutierrez says:

what a beautiful note card…stunning work as always…

42. Ona says:

Beautiful card…….what die or punch did you use for the greenery on the card???

43. Ursula Uphof says:

Such and elegant card and I just love how you did the frame. Really good to have you back

44. velta says:

Beautifully done my friend!! Love the soft yellow color and the frame! So happy to see you back at it again!!!

45. Donna Doyle says:

Love your work and the soft yellow card is so nice. I love the leaf spray but am not familiar with L-WM. Is there more to the name? Thanks.

46. It makes my heart SO happy to see you back in blogland! You have been sorely missed. I love the dainty feel of these flowers and flutterby. Your work is always inspirational! HUGS!

47. Tonniece says:

As always this is a gorgeous card Jerri. Love the softness and detail.

Hugs
    Tonniece

48. Brenda says:

Thank you and bless you. this card is beautiful!

49. Brenda says:

Thank you and bless you for such a beautiful card.

50. Julie says:

Beautiful Beautiful as always.

51. Rufus says:

It’s a joy to see a post from you back in my mailbox! Have missed the inspiration that your art always gives. I know that I’m not patient enough to do the Pergo Craft, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t love to see your creations, they are always exquisite. Thanks for sharing this card, gave me an idea to run with!
    R/

52. Eunice Brown says:

Hi Jerri,
    I love your cards, and you make them look so easy. But I must confess, my flowers never look even close to yours, but I keep trying, maybe someday I’ll create something worth keeping. Thanks for sharing and posting again.

53. Absolutely gorgeous, Jerri. It’s so good to see you back!!

54. Becca Feeken says:

What a surprise to see a comment from you over on my blog! And, what a blessing to see you back sweet friend!! As always you’ve shared an absolutely enchanting card that is so distinctly Jerri! {{Big Hugs}}

I am sooo glad you are back, Jerri…you have been missed!!!!! This is such a beautiful design with your signature flowers and lovely frame….the colors and tiny butterflies are the perfect spring details!!!!!

56. Jerri: What a thrill to open my e-mail and see an e-mail from Touch of Grace. I have missed you and your beautiful work. Your cards are such an inspiration. I am so happy to have you back. Thank you for sharing your talent with us. We are blessed.

Margie