Mar 01 2012

JustRite’s Heart to Heart

I love this sweet little heart card, it would have been perfect for Valentine’s Day .   .   . Oh Well, there’s always next year! It would also be a very adorable shower or bridal card.  Inspiration for this card came from the tropical flower card I posted here. The card looks very nice on the clear stand I found at Michael’s.

The flowers and leaves were created with Spellbinders Daisy Head dies. I placed black stamens in the flowers’ center for a bit of realism. The twigs add a fanciful touch, don’t you think! The baby’s breath is a fabulous filler.

I used 1/4″ Champagne silk ribbon for the bow. I wound several loops on the Bow Easy template for a fuller effect. The bow’s tails can be seen in a photo towards the bottom of this post.

I used JustRite’s Heart to Heart stamp set for the sentiment. I stamped the sentiment on white xerox paper. I then placed a piece of parchment paper over the stamped image and using a white pencil, traced the sentiment.  I flipped the parchment paper over and used a fine stylus embossing tool and embossing pad to emboss the sentiment.  A 4-Needle tool was used to perforate around the sentiment.  The tag was then cut with parchment scissors around the outer edge. The smaller flower was made with Spellbinders Rose Creations dies.

The card can stand on its own. It opens up for a sentiment or handwritten message on the inside.

I placed the card flat on a lace doily to show the full size, including the bow’s tails. I used Spellbinders Hearts and Scalloped Hearts dies for the card. I traced around the edge of the Salmon Pink heart with an 18kt Gold Krylon pen to add a bit of elegance. The flowers and leaves were placed on foam tabs for a bit of dimension.

I cut the card base placing the cardstock on the inside of the left cutting edge of the heart die. To assemble the card, I adhered the Salmon Pink heart to the Carnation White scalloped heart, I then adhered the Carnation White scalloped heart to the card base.  Adhesives used on the design were Perga Glue and Zip Dry glue.

TUTORIALS for making flowers:

Flower Tutorial Part I

Flower Tutorial Part II

Flower Tutorial Part III

Flower Tutorial Part IV

Tools I use for optimum results in making flowers and embossing leaves:

Embossing Pad A5

Embossing Tool– Extra Small (for leaf veins)

Embossing Tool – Small Ball (for small flowers, leaves and butterflies)

Embossing Tool – Large Ball (for mid-size flowers and leaves)

Embossing Tool – Extra Large Ball (4.5mm) (for large flowers and leaves)

Embossing Tool – Extra Large Ball (6mm) (for large flowers and leaves)

Supplies Used:

Stamps:  JustRite – Heart to Heart – Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Ribbon1/4″ Champagne Silk, Bow Easy – Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Inks:  Tim Holtz Distress Inks

Paper:  Carnation White, Salmon Pink, Moss Green, Orange, Parchment

Spellbinders’Grand CaliberHearts, Scalloped Hearts, Rose Creations, Daisy Heads (dies can be purchased at the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store, links are provided)

Accessories4-Needle Perforating Tool, Fine Stylus Embossing Tool, Embossing Pad, White Pencil, Pearl Ex Powder, 18kt Krylon Pen, Parchment Scissors, Baby’s Breath, Twigs, Sponges, Perga Glue, Zip Dry Adhesive, Stamens, Foam Tabs

Thank you so much for stopping by today, I appreciate your visit!

47 Responses to “JustRite’s Heart to Heart”

1. […] sure many of you have caught up with her during this past week, but if not you can find her at A Touch of Grace where she has created another beautifully detailed card to share with us […]

2. Jerri, this is absolutely stunning! Beautiful work, as always.

3. Elly says:

Wow this is sooooo beautiful!!!!!!

4. helen valles says:

Awesome !!!!

5. Sheila - UK says:

What a beautiful sight to see…first of all the sun is shining here in Nth. Wales, UK and then the email to let me know you have put another stunning creation on your blog Jerri! Absolutely stunning and your wonderful flowers are back too.

Love Sheila xx

6. Nancy says:

What a gorgeous card and I so loved seeing your paper flowers again! Stunning!

7. Heather says:

Well Jerri What can i say ,this is magnificent ,and it makes me feel so good to see your wonderful art work back ,full steam ahead Jerri. This is truly wonderful ,your flowers are so lifelike you inspire me so much . thank you ,thank you thank you .hugs Heather

8. Marimer says:

Maravilloso, es absolutamente adorable, enhorabuena, muchas gracias.
    Besitos.

Gorgeous! I love this, Jerri

Holy cow Jeri! Thats spectacular! It’s hard to believe that you’ve made those flowers… they look so real!
    TFS Hugs, Jessica

Stunning! Drop the jaw on the floor kind of card!

12. Wow.Awesome information.I never heard such informative blogs when i am into blogging.It really gives much aided information which i was looking to search on Internet.I must appreciate your brilliant efforts on posting .Keep sharing.

13. LindaS says:

All over the top gorgeus flowers and beautiful clusters and card. TFS.

14. Ursula Uphof says:

Jerri, so pleased you are back with another stunning card. Thank you, have a great weekend.

15. LindaMar1 from Calif says:

Jerri! Another stunner! Thanks for returning to the Blogosphere, you have been missed!!! I love to start my day with a post from you- especially on a Friday: then I can look forward to trying something new with my stash….

16. Dottie says:

Wow! What a spectacular card but I would expect nothing less from your hand. Your hallmark flowers are there and they look so real even with a closeup camera angle. I especially like the little note using the Pergamano technique. Very lovely. I’m so glad you’re back, mostly.

17. Lynne says:

Just beautiful Jerri, it’s a wonder you can’t hear my ohhs and ooohs from there lol. Fabulous.
    Have tried using the rose creations but just can’t seem to get this effect. Will keep trying.
    Lynne

18. Cindy Lou says:

Ahhh, and with your return, the return of the true art of flower creations. Awesome! See how much we missed you 😉 You and your work are so very inspiring!

19. Becky Jo says:

Oh, Jerri, this card is absolutely beautiful!!! I have bookmarked your tutorials and will have to try my hand at the flowers you make. I love them so! Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful work! Hugs!!

20. this is just beautiful! So happy to see you back :)

21. Rebekka says:

This is a beautiful piece of art! Just gorgeous..I am glad you are back also :)

22. Gloria says:

Jerri,
    Another beautiful, creative Jerri card.. So glad you are back online.

This is a stunning card. Love it much !!!……..Hugs, Anne

24. Carol R says:

I’m consistently amazed at the beauty of your cards. The handmade flowers are gorgeous!

25. Barbara T says:

OMG! Lovely

26. Truly beautiful work, love your blog!

This is simply gorgeous gf as usual, it is over the top!

Jerri, I am back home as of today and it feels so good! I loved helping take care of my grand daughters, but I am exhausted now:) My daughter is doing much better after her surgery now.

Have a wonderful weekend, my friend.

28. Charlene Dahlberg says:

Jerri,

So happy to see you back. I have been catching up every day and love seeing your amazing projects. This card is just gorgeous.

29. This is why I miss you so much!!!! I miss seeing these beautiful creations of yours….I’m so happy your back and with more masterpieces………
    I need to get some of those baby breaths……and I need to refresh myself on your flowers ….I made so many of them before….now I need to make more…….
    I love this!!!!!!

30. Jerri… you’re truly an artist. Every detail in yourd card is precious. I love so much that flowers and the little tag is just perfect. I am so glad to see your posts!!

31. Oh how I love your flowers, just Beautiful and neat way to do the sentiment!

32. Paula Gale says:

Wow oh wow…

Jerri – those flowers are something else… I was waiting to read where you bought them from – they are simply exquisite.

This card is adorable and would make anyone happy to receive it – it would also make a great Mother’s Day card too…. my mind is working in overdrive now imagining the possibilities of what it could be used for in different colours… to a new Mum, grandmother birthday card, Easter Card… this has the imagination fired up – such an inspiration.

I’m in awe of the flowers… Jerri is back!!!

Paula (UK) x x x

33. Janine says:

Hi Jerri!! Hope all is well with you! gorgeous card!!

34. Just beautiful, Jerri. We’ve all missed you and are so glad you’re back. Your artwork graces us with a little bit of heaven and inspires us to create something beautiful.

Hugs,
    Susie ~

Gorgeous, those flowers are gorgeous, it is utterly gorgeous! Did I tell you this is gorgeous, lol?

36. Julie says:

Stunning card, just adorable.

37. Tosh says:

Jerri, oh how I would love to spend a day with you learning how to make your stunning flowers. They’re exquisite!! *sigh* What a stunning card!!

38. Jaline says:

It is stunning

Love, Love, LOVE this card!!! Just sooooo beautiful! Thank you so much, Jerri, for sharing it with us!! You are THE BEST!

40. Edna Siu says:

Your flowers are always alive, it is life, breathe-taking.

41. Tracy says:

Oh my goodness this just took my breath away! Stunningly beautiful Jerri! I’m so glad your posting again. Your creations always make me happy. :-) Hugs!

42. Nancy Jensen says:

Jeri, this is a stunning card! It needs to be framed! :) Thank you for posting the links to the tutorials on how to make the flowers. You are so talented!

43. Vail Hauke says:

Gorgeous card, have missed your beautiful creations, glad to see you are posting again.

44. Jean S ~ says:

Absolutely GORGEOUS!!! Wonderful to see you return. Your projects are always so beautiful. TFS, Jean ~

45. Rufus says:

Totally incredible! It’s soooo nice to have you back!
    R/

46. Tonniece says:

Stunning Jerri. Love your flowers wow.
    Hugs
    Tonniece

OMG!!!! What a fabulous heart shaped card, Jerri….the flowers are sooo beautiful and perfect that they actually look real…you are such an amazing artist!!!