Mar 05 2012

Lavender Daisies

Moving along with the painting techniques, the fourth card I have to show you from Volume 7, The Techniques is done with the Teardrop, Shading and Circling techniques. The card was painted with Tinta inks on regular parchment paper. Tinta inks dry with a soft matte finish. A sheet of  rainbow parchment paper was inserted inside the card and sewn with embroidery floss on the fold line.

The design was traced with Tinta White and Tinta Leaf Green inks onto the parchment paper. The Shading technique was used on the bamboo leaves and flower centers, the Teardrop technique was used on the flower petals and the circling technique was used on the larger leaves. A Pergamano #2 round brush was used to paint all three techniques. These techniques can also be done on cardstock.  The teardrop technique is perfect for flowers such as daisies and crysanthemums.

The butterflies were punched from the Rainbow parchment paper with a butterfly punch. Glitter was applied with a Quickie glue pen for sparkle.

I painted a second card and used another sheet of the Rainbow parchment paper giving the card a purple appearance with shades of yellow/green and blue at the bottom. I punched purple butterflies from the Rainbow parchment paper and applied glitter with a Quickie glue pen. By changing the Rainbow parchment paper, the card has a different color scheme, even though the images were painted identically.

Step-by-step instructions and pictures are provided in the book for the techniques. After painting was completed the card was embossed and perforated. The design measures measures 4″ x 5 1/4″ and would be a special get well or sympathy card. A sentiment can stamped or embossed within the oval.

Shopping:

Extra Small Ball Embossing Tool

Small Ball Embossing Tool

Large Ball Embossing Tool

1-Needle Perforating Tool

2-Needle Perforating Tool

Angle Perforating Tool

Pintura Acrylics (Yellow, Cinnamon)

Pergamano No. 2 Kolinsky Brush

Mapping Pen

Tinta White Ink (White, PurpleGreen, Leaf Green, Blue, Sepia, Orange, Yellow)

White Pencil

Perga Sponge

Tear Off Palatte

Magnetic Design Board

Quickie Glue Pen

Thank you so much for stopping by today, I truly appreciate your visit!

32 Responses to “Lavender Daisies”

1. Rebekka R says:

wow, These are gorgeous, beautiful colors

2. Irma in California says:

Jerri, absolutely beautiful. The painting/colors is so vibrant, the flowers and leaves look like they want to leap from the paper! Just stunning!

3. Sue K (Australia) says:

Again, simply stunning – the colouring of the flowers make them POP out at you – just gorgeous – love it.

4. velta says:

Heavenly Jerri !!! Just happened that I could not sleep and it is 2:14 a.m. and I get to see your amazing creation here. The colors are stunning and I am amazed at your talent, again! YOU are truly one gifted individual and I love it when I hear that beep…almost like Jerri’s here…LOL…Thanks for sharing! Have a wonderful rest of the week!!

5. Tina Michael-Dahlmann says:

So pretty. Great colors.

Tina
    aurathentic@gmail.com

6. Sheila - UK says:

Oh Jerri these are just such elegant cards, the colours are so very pretty and your painting is just amazing. You truly never cease to amaze me with your multi talents.

Love Sheila xx

7. Heather says:

Hi Jerri .Another truly beautiful creation. Your painting is superb .someone recieving these would certainly be proud.keep them coming . Have a good day.Hugs Heather

8. Edie says:

Hi Jerri, This is a beautiful card. You work is always stunning.

What gorgeous floral painting, Jerri!

You truly are an artist Jerri! Absolutely beautifu!

11. Deanna says:

Beautiful floral painted cards

12. Jan D. says:

Simply put….suitable for framing. Beautiful, again!!!

13. Barbara R. says:

Your card is just beautiful!! Your talent is awesome and you have done an amazing job with the Pergamano. I have seen it before, but nothing to compare with the designs you turn out with it. Always such a joy to see your postings!!!

14. Magnificent……as always!!

15. Dottie says:

Very lovely…and very beautiful. I agree with Jan…suitable for framing!

16. Oh my goodness!!! This is so lovely…..I played around with some parchment paper and only embossed…I try to ink …but I know now I don’t have the right ink or chalks ….
    This is truly inspirational….thank you for sharing…..

17. Faulba says:

Beautiful! I wouldn’t expect anything else but perfection from you. Thanks for sharing.

18. Marilyn says:

These cards are just gorgeous!!! Your work is so perfect with such beautiful details to every petal and leaf. Whom ever gets these cards will feel so loved and cherished because there is so much love put into making these.
    I’m so glad you are back posting on your blog, your work is just relaxing to look at.
    Enjoy your day!

The coloring on those daisies is wonderful. And the detail work, especially the center of the flowers, just makes them come to life. Absolutely beautiful!

Jerri, you are such a talented artist! I am amazed at these cards. The painted daisies look so beautiful that they would be lovely framed and put on the wall w/a grouping!

Your work is always superb. Beyond words!! How I wish I could make one like yours!! :) Close to perfection!!

Spectacular as always! You are such an artist! Love the whole thing, the colors, the techniques, the butterflies, the edges of the card. Just lovely.
    Hugs, Jess

23. phil d says:

To add to all the wonderful people who appreciate your craft work – you are really an amazing craft person – your work is just fantastic – good wishes

Phil

Absolutely stunning Jerri, thank you for sharing.

25. Those flowers are really amazing. I love the way you did the leaves and that delicate shadows in the petals. And of course the butterflies are the perfect accent!

26. Oh wow your painting is just Gorgeous, and like the sparkle you added with the butterflies!

27. Mary Gutierrez says:

Hi Jerri
    I have a birthday in April….LOL!! Card and colors are just stunning…

28. michelle frasher says:

oooh, how pretty. you are definitely an artist and know how to wield a paintbrush. these cards are gorgeous.

29. Paula Gale says:

Hi Jerri – these are simply gorgeous. Its clear to see that you have a natural talent for this work judging by all the cards you have made. Who’s the lucky recipient of them all? This is clearly advanced work too – i love the edging you’ve given to the parchment cards. The rainbow parchment really suits the project.

Paula x xx

30. Rufus says:

Amazing how much of a difference the Rainbow parchment paper makes! These are both lovely cards. You are making it very difficult to resist trying parchment craft.
    R/

What a gorgeous set of cards, Jerri…your flowers are painted beautifully and I just love all the pretty colors you used!!!