Mar 07 2012

Pink Camellias

Good Morning! I’m back with a card to share with you today. It’s soft, it’s fresh and it just makes me smile. I hope it brings a smile and ray of sunshine to you as well!

I’ve used Spellbinders’ Layered Poinsettia dies to make the flowers and leaves. I especially love the buds. I’m going to be playing with these dies a lot!! As usual, shopping links are provided at the bottom of this post.

I’ve angled the card to show you a bit of the dimension of the blooms and buds. I used an open passe-partout brass stencil (EH 1820) for the frame on the design. Proverbs 3:5 (this Verve stamp can be purchased at the Stamp Simply Ribbon store) was stamped on the base layer. Three buds were tucked in on the right side of the arrangement as well as placed on the upper right corner.

I used Memories ink pads in Soft Rose and Dahlia on the flowers and Pine Green on the leaves. The verse was stamped with Stampin’ Up!’s Chocolate Chip ink pad. A few twigs and baby’s breath complete the design.

The buds are my favorite! I’m going to attempt making gardenias with these dies next.

Tools I use for optimum results in making flowers and embossing leaves:

Embossing Pad A5

Embossing Tool– Extra Small (for leaf veins)

Embossing Tool – Small Ball (for small flowers, leaves and butterflies)

Embossing Tool – Large Ball (for mid-size flowers and leaves)

Embossing Tool – Extra Large Ball (4.5mm) (for large flowers and leaves)

Embossing Tool – Extra Large Ball (6mm) (for large flowers and leaves)

Supplies Used:

Paper: Carnation White, Moss Green, Pale Pink, K&Co La Romance

StampsVerve Plaine Jane Bible Verse (Stamp Simply Ribbon Store)

Ink:  Dahlia, Soft Pink, Pine Green (Memories Ink Pads)

StencilEH 1820 Open Passe-Partout (A Touch of Grace – Paper Boutique)

DiesLayered Poinsettia (Spellbinders)

PunchesFancy Craft Butterfly Punch

Accessories:  Grand Calibur, Foam Tabs (frame), Craft Knife, Baby’s Breath, Twigs, Tacky Glue.

Thanks so much for stopping by today, I wish you a wonderful day!

53 Responses to “Pink Camellias”

1. Sherry Cheever says:

THUD!! So gorgeous, Jerri!

2. Rebekka says:

Wow..This is stunning. Those flowers are awesome.

3. Over the top, Jerri — I absolutely adore this creation!

4. Tina Michael-Dahlmann says:

Very, very pretty.

Tina
    aurathentic@gmail.com

5. Maz says:

Hi Jerri!

It’s a long time since I visited and I am so glad I did. Your card is magnificent. I adore those flowers and the embossed frame work is gorgeous. To think you made these flowers with the Spellbinder Layered Poinsettia die. Really, really beautiful. I love how you colored the flowers and leaves. It looks to me like you used the Poinsettia die for the leaves too!!!
    I so want to make those flowers.
    Hugs Maz

6. Maz says:

I forgot to mention that that is one of my favorite scriptures too.
    Hugs Maz

7. Heather says:

Hello Jerri .Wow wow wow . and in my favorite colours too .this is awesome Jerri .
    i love it ,the buds and flowers are so beautiful.Thank you for showing it . Hugs Heather

8. Nancy says:

Jerri what a gorgeous card! Your flowers are stunning and look so real. Love the flower buds! Just a gorgeous card and I love the bible verse as well. Thank you for sharing.

9. Elly says:

Wow this is soooooo GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!

10. Dealbaida says:

This is magical Jerri. Cream and pink is my favourite colour combination and camellias are one of my favourite flowers. Some varieties are blooming “over here” just now and you are so right, they really do put a smile on one’s face.

Thank you Jerri!

Marion
    UK

11. Sheila - UK says:

Oh Jerri your card truly put a big smile on my face this morning..it’s stunningly beautiful..the camelias are just the prettiest I’ve ever seen. I adore the colours you have chosen and those buds are just so cut. How I wish I could purchase some of that tiny Baby’s Breath over here, but have tried and tried in vain.
    Well done my friend you are certain a star that shines in this wonderful craft.

Love Sheila xx

You have transformd the poinsettias petals into another gorgeous flower. What a wonderful card this is. Hugs! Kittie

13. Barbi says:

This is a gorgeous card, you are my inspiration. love your work.

14. Pam Pemsler says:

Jerri, it’s absolutely stunning, and it makes me smile also!

15. Beryl says:

Absolutely beautiful…..as usual. What an inspiration you are, to attempt at least!

16. Beth Norman says:

Oh Jerri, you completely outdid yourself on this beautiful card.

17. Julie says:

As always out of this world!!!!

Awesome Jerri! If I were getting married I would want you to make my bridal bouquet! This is gorgeous!

19. Maureen Chandler says:

This card is simply breathtaking! You have a gorgeous balance of flowers and color – I love it!! Thanks you so much for sharing your wonderful creativity with us!

20. Cindy Lou says:

Gorgeous yet again Jeri, Love your attention to detail, you’ve always had a great eye for detail stopping to visit you is always such a pleasure! Thanks for sharing :)

21. phil d says:

Oh I am lost for words today – this is just beautiful and made me smile today

Gorgeous! You are so very creative. To use a poinsettia die to make other than a poinsettia. These ore spectacular. You always make them look so real. TFS
    Hugs Jess

23. Oh my goodness this is stunning…..I love your flowers and buds….I’m going to pin this for sure….and scrap lift it too….I love it!!!!!!
    Thank you Jerri for this beautiful creations…..

24. Debbie Dunham says:

Wow! All I can say is “breathtaking” !!!

It’s very elegant and another detailed card. Beautifully executed and very creative indeed with your dies. Love it!!

26. Dottie says:

Who would have thought that the poinsettia die could be turned into beautiful camelias! You just keep inventing and we’ll keep ooing and ahhhing ’cause we can’t help it!!. This card is fit for a gift to a very lucky bride and groom. How do you cut out those passe partouts stencils so perfectly? Every time I try it I make a mess and vow not to try it again. Hugs to you Jerri.

simply beautiful!

28. Leanne says:

You knocked it out of the park again Jerri. Those flowers are BEAUTIFUL! WOW!!!! Love this card.
    Blessings…and hugs…Leanne

29. Charlene Dahlberg says:

These flowers are just gorgeous.The poinsettia is one of my favorite dies- in fact I have 2 sets so I can cut and emboss many at one time. But I have never made anything this beautiful. I love the buds and can’t wait to see your gardenias. Love seeing your work!!

30. Deanna says:

Just stunning! Jerri this is just beautiful.

31. TWILA YOUNG says:

Can we possibly have a step by step on how you did the beautiful flowers??? Incredible!

32. Karen says:

Jerri, missed you and your beautiful talent. This is amazing. Thank you!!!

33. Breathtaking…. lovely soft coloring of the flowers, beautiful arrangement, your little touches with the baby breaths and such give it that extra pop!

Give me a break, Jerri! That is … I don’t have an adjective. Beautiful, gorgeous, inspiring, unbelievably fabulous. I don’t know, but it is just the prettiest thing I will probably see all day. Thank you sooooo much for being back and posting these delicious creations of yours again.

35. Wendy says:

Oh wow Jerry this is georgeus! I am so glad to see you are back blogging again, i have soo missed your stunning work
    I would love to have a go at this card if thats ok with you?
    Love the choice of colours and the flowers and buds that you have made.
    Wendy x

36. Heather says:

I can’t tell you how wonderful it is to see you back in action – I’ve missed you!
    This past week has been a busy-blur but seeing your delightful creations as I sat down today has truly brought a smile to my heart. It was this time last year that I sat at my dad’s bedside making – then proudly showing him – my teeny flowers. He passed shortly after, but I know he marveled at seeing my teensy buds (as a child, I used to sit on his knee making minute people out of plasticine. I still adore miniature anything).
    Your choice of colour, flower and design is always inspiring. With spring in the air, I now feel it’s time to get back to paper (I tend to embroider during the cold months).
    Something that surprised me (from your last post) is that you paint the parchment before embossing. Not sure why, but I always thought it was the other way around. The paint doesn’t crack at all?
    As always, thank you for sharing your gems with us. I look forward to seeing more!

Hugs,
    Heather in Montreal

37. Bette S says:

Beautiful, beautiful card and the flowers are just awesome. I could never hope to come close to your creations, but they did bring a big smile to my heart. I am so glad you have shared this beauty with us. Thank you!

38. Janet Castle says:

Absolutely STUNNING!!!!!!!!

39. Jerri:

This card is absolute beautiful, the verse, the frame and of course the flowers, that soft rose and all the dimension are breathtaking. love them so much. I’ve try making flowers with many spellbinders, but it never ocurred to me to use this poinsettia layered… You are a truly creative artist!!!

40. Gwen says:

Amazing !!! So glad to have you back posting your wonderful creations to feast my eyes on. God bless you.

41. Mary Gutierrez says:

omg..I’m ashamed of myself because I bought poinsetta spellbinders in November and didn’t get a chance to use it. But now I don’t feel so bad..there is something else I can make with the die…I must try making these camelias. Exquisite card Jerri.

42. Paula Gale says:

O M G.

This card is exquisite. I cannot tell you enough how much I love this card – I even got my husband to come and look at it while he was in the other room watching sport on TV. He agreed with me (well, as much as a husband is interested in cards and paper flowers!!). On the other hand i’m just awe inspired by these and wondered if you would mind if I used this card as inspiration for the mothers day cards and birthday cards i’m about to embark on doing.

These flowers really are you at your best. Thanks for sharing.

Paula
    UK.
    xx

43. Jerri these flowers are beautiful, it is lovely to be able to use the Poinsettia Die for flowers other than Christmas .
    And the card is just beautiful.
    Thanks for sharing, I really look forward to yor emails coming.
    Regards Edna
    South Australia xx

44. Carol Southern says:

Another show stopper!!!!! So beautiful.
    You are a marvel at taking these flower dies and making them into so many different beautiful flowers. They all look exquisite.
    I love the daisy parchment card. I think my painting techniques will need a brush up after seeing this.

45. Jean says:

Jerri, What a wonderful gift God gave you…. Thank you for all your beautiful cards.

46. Sue K (Australia) says:

O M G – my jaw has just dropped the floor – AGAIN – i cannot believe how incredibly STUNNING this is – Jerri i know you are great – but this is simply THE BEST CARD ive ever seen. You have even outdone yourself – i love love love it. God has blessed you!!

47. Tracy says:

I’m really contemplating making this photo my screen saver! LOL This one is beyond stunning Jerri. Buds AND flowers are just spectacular! :-)

48. Rufus says:

Jerri, I thought that these were dried flowers! I would have sworn that these were “real”. What a gorgeous creation! Any chance that you could do a tutorial showing us how you did this? Amazing
    R/

49. Edna Burgess says:

The card is beautiful and the flowers breathtaking. Outstanding all around. Would love to see a tutorial on the way you make the flowers. Edna

50. Frances says:

I am always amazed by your creations. hugs, Frances.

51. Ursula Uphof says:

These are amazing Jerri. I love camelias..have a huge camelia bush outside my kitchen window, and what a sight when it flowers. thanks for sharing have a wnderful weekend

52. Sandra says:

These are unbelievable pretty!!!

Sandra

53. Joyce B. says:

Made me smile too. Just beautiful. I would never have though to use my layered poinsettia dies in this mannor. Thank you for the inspiration. I just love seeing your creations.