Mar 13 2012

Sweet Carnations

Hi girls, just stopping in to wish you a wonderful day and to share with you two more painting techniques I’m learning. The Pull and Push techniques are taught in Volume 7, The Techniques.

I painted the card with a mixture of Tinta inks and Pintura acrylic paints on regular parchment paper. The inks and paints can be mixed with beautiful results. A sheet of  green parchment paper was inserted inside the card and sewn with embroidery floss on the fold line.

I traced four outlines with a mapping pen and white Tinta ink. I used the stippling technique with a 1-needle perforating tool within the traced lines to create the two stippled borders. A 2mm star embossing tool was used to create the small flowers within the border and in the center of the design.

A #2 Pergamano Kolinsky brush was used to paint the carnations and leaves. I used the Pull technique to paint the carnations and the Push technique to paint the leaves.

Step-by-step instructions and pictures are provided in the book for the techniques. After painting was completed the card was embossed, perforated and cut. The card measures measures 4 1/2 ” x 4 1/2″. This design would be nice for a get well, thank you, thinking of you, or birthday card.

Shopping:

Small Ball Embossing Tool

Large Ball Embossing Tool

2mm Star Embossing Tool

1-Needle Perforating Tool

2-Needle Perforating Tool

4-Needle Perforating Tool

Pintura Acrylics (Yellow, Cinnamon, White, Yellow Ochre, Fuchsia, Black)

Pergamano No. 2 Kolinsky Brush

Mapping Pen

Tinta Inks (White, GreenFuchsia, Black)

White Pencil

Perga Sponge

Tear Off Palatte

Magnetic Design Board

Thank you so much for stopping by today, I truly appreciate your visit!

40 Responses to “Sweet Carnations”

1. Liz S. says:

So glad you are back to blogging. I absolutely adore your blog. It’s the best!

Totally gorgeous Jerri! I love the beauty you create with these tools. Amazing that you are self taught, an inspiration to us all.

3. Absolutely stunning, gorgeous and fabulous!! I found the baby’s breath today, they only had one package but I’ll keep watching for the white ones next time. Thanks so much!!

4. This is stunning Jerri! I love the intricacy of the design!

5. Sue K (Australia) says:

STUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! absolutely stunning – l love to see your creations pop up on the screen Jerri. Just beautiful.

6. Prada Shoes says:

Woah! I’m really enjoying the template/theme of this site. It’s simple, yet effective

7. Anne says:

I like your simple yet elegant style and the details as always!! Perfect creation!!! Love it!!

8. Tina Michael-Dahlmann says:

Gorgeous!

Tina
    aurathentic@gmail.com

9. As always, Jerri — Just Beautiful!

10. Nancy says:

Beautiful and such a work of art!

11. Absolutely lovely!!!!!! The colors are so soft and sweet!!!

12. Sheila - UK says:

Oh Jerri your parchment creations and paintwork are simply stunning! Oh to have just a wee bit of your amazing talent. I just adore your wonderful creations and it makes me smile when I see your email as I know I’m only a click away from another new beautiful work of art.

Love Sheila xx

This is so gorgous, Jerri!

14. phil d says:

wow again – all your work is just fantastic, beautiful and just a delight to see. Love it all.
    Good wishes

15. Rebekka says:

wow..Absolutely stunning! I love the shape and the beautiful design.

16. Sonia says:

Absolutely beautiful!!! I love seeing all of your cards- they certainly help brighten the day!

17. Deanna says:

I love all the details, your card is stunning!

Beautiful – my favorite spring colors, pink and green. Your pinks are so vivid that they blow me away. Sooooo pretty

19. Jan D. says:

WOW! I’m so glad you are back to blogging and sharing your amazing talent with us….your work is magnificent and, while I could never create anything so beautful, I am inspired to strive for a higher level of beauty in my own creations. Thank you.

20. Barbara R. says:

Lovely, simply lovely. It is unbelievable what you do with the Pergamano. You have such a wonderful talent.

21. Magnificent parchment work, Jerri…..as always!!

22. LindaMar from CA says:

Good morning, Jerri!
    So beautiful! Did you notice how your Heritage Lace table linen matches your card?
    You take so much care and precision in your work. I think I would be afraid that after I painted, that I would ruin all my effort by making a mistake with the perforations…It’s so inspiring to see your work. I need to TRY!

Beautiful Jeri! Great job, as always. You must practice a lot! This card is so pretty. And Carnations are my favorite flower. Thanks for sharing your spectacular talent with us.
    Hugs, Jess

24. Pat Erickson says:

Goodmorning Jerri, When do you sleep? hahaha. I can`t want to get up in the AM and see what you came up with next.

This one just hit me this morning! God bless you and your creations. Enjoy your day.

HUGS, Pat

25. Gayle says:

Absolutly beautiful Jerri. You amaze me every time. Anyone would love to have this card. I so enjoy getting your postings as I can tell you put your heart into every inch. I have just sent away for a starter kit for learning pergamno. Seeing your projects make me want to learn so many new crafting techniques. Thank you for sharing. Have a wonderful day.

God Bless you,
    Gayle

26. pinky says:

Jerri, love your colors, your painting skills, and incredible designs!

27. Marilyn says:

Breath taking perfect!!! I just love these cards your making, what a wonderful technique this is, I’ve never seen it before except on your blog. They seem to be a one of a kind. It’s going to be a wonderful day now that I’ve seen your latest project. Thank you for returning to blog world and putting so much time, creation and love into your cards and postings.
    Enjoy your day!

28. velta says:

Exceptionally stunning Jerri! My how your talent has grown since I first visited you. You seem to know no boundaries…I am always inspired by your art work and just smile whenever I see that you have created something new! Thanks for sharing !

Gorgeous. Just so gorgeous. Your mastery of these techniques is just so inspiring. Thank you for sharing your gorgeous work!

30. Lovely painting and like the shape of the card also!

31. Tonniece says:

Ok now this is STUNNING Jerri.ally love it.
    Hugs
    Tonniece

32. Gwen says:

Perfectly WONDERFUL in every way !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

33. Pat Jandacek says:

Absolutely breathtaking! Your work is always so beautiful and I so appreciate your sharing it with us.

34. The boastful toaster roasts himself on the coast in the sunshine.

35. The furious obscure curer is curious to secure the curly-curved mercury curiosity.

36. It was true that the rescued cruel man let fuel oil issue from the tissue.

37. In the fiction, the victim of the conflict pictured the picnic after victory.

38. Show your tickets,please. Thank you for your advice.

39. There go the house lights. They are paid by the hour.