Mar 14 2012

Pink Note Card

Hi friends, I’m back with a sweet little note card to share with you today. I love the Heart Squares die set from Spellbinders. I’m making a few more of these cards and will be posting them next week if all goes as planned.

I added a sentiment from JustRite’s Charmed cling stamp set, together with a few butterflies. I used Spellbinders Layered Poinsettia dies to create the flower, buds and leaves (I think this is becoming a new “fav” set of mine!).

I positioned the card in front of sunlight so that you can see how transparent the petals are. After cutting the petals with the Grand Caliber, I split the paper layers. I show how I did this in this tutorial.

Tools I use for optimum results in making flowers and embossing leaves:

Embossing Pad A5

Embossing Tool– Extra Small (for leaf veins)

Embossing Tool – Small Ball (for small flowers, leaves and butterflies)

Embossing Tool – Large Ball (for mid-size flowers and leaves)

Embossing Tool – Extra Large Ball (4.5mm) (for large flowers and leaves)

Embossing Tool – Extra Large Ball (6mm) (for large flowers and leaves)

Supplies Used:

Stamps:  Charmed (JustRite) – Stamp Simply Ribbon Store

Inks:  Memories Ink Pads

Paper:  Pale Pink, Blush Blossom, Moss Green

Spellbinders’: Grand CaliberLayered Poinsettias, Heart Squares (Spellbinders’ dies can also be purchased at the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store)

Accessories:  Baby’s Breath, Tacky Glue, Zip Dry Adhesive, Fancy Craft Butterfly Punch, Scor It

Thank you so much for stopping by today, I appreciate your visit!

34 Responses to “Pink Note Card”

What an absolutely STUNNING creation, Jerri!!!!! Your flower is sooo gorgeous…it actually looks real and I love the the punched border!! A touch of glamour, elegance, and total perfection!!!

2. Baukje says:

Your flowers are always just so amazing Jerri, I love this one on your note card.
    Hugs…………Baukje

3. Sue K (Australia) says:

Gorgeous as always – how lucky are the recipients of Jerri’s creations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, Jerri! This is just gorgeous! Seems like that is all I ever post, but so few adjectives would really do this justice. Maybe “spectacular”. The flower is just so wonderful. I just love the whole thing and can’t wait to see what you have in store for us next.

5. Beautiful… the hearts border is lovely!!

6. phil d says:

Oh its gorgeous Jerri – love it !!
    Phil

7. Heather says:

Wow wow wow . what beautiful creations once again .love your works of art ,or works of the heart maybe ,my favourite colour too ,oohh im a pink girl ,always ,
    inspirational , beautiful ,you lift my heart and spirit with your work , I love to see an email from A Touch of Grace.thank you so much . Hugs Heather

I love that you are using the poinsettia dies to create a totally different flower from the normal holiday poinsettia. What wonderful inspiration. I actually moved my set to the back of my storage drawer thinking I wouldn’t need them again until I started main holiday cards again. Now I will pull them out and try a to create your gorgeous flower YOur note card is so sweet..

9. Sheila - UK says:

Well Jerri what can I say that hasn’t already been said? I am so running out of words to describe your stunning creations! It’s so exquisitely elegant!!! I adore every thing about it. I am so privileged to be the owner of one of your beautiful notecards that I won on your blog. It’s a very treasured keepsafe.
    Many thanks for sharing your wonderful talent with us and all the inspiration that comes with it.

Love Sheila xx

10. Maureen Chandler says:

What a beautiful card – love the heart border too! Your flowers are absolutely stunning! Thank you for sharing this lovely example of what you can do with paper!!!

Love all the details…….so Jerri!! Great work!!

12. So Pretty!!! I’m going to refresh myself on your tutorial….fantastic….tfs

13. Deanna says:

Gorgeous! love the idea of using the poinsettia flower. Thank you for your wonderful ideas. Love them all!

14. TWILA YOUNG says:

Another stunning card! I’m still hoping you will give a tutorial on using the Poinsettia die to create your flowers and buds. I’m a beginner at making my own flowers, but, I’ve followed your other tutorial with some success :)

Hey Jeri, another spectacular card! What ever medium you chose, you are an expert at it. Thanks for the tutorials and sharing your expertise with us.
    Hugs, Jess

16. Beautiful! What a great frame die. I have many on my wish list and this one will be added. Thank you for showing us many ways to use the poinsettia die. Love the detailed tutorials too. Have a wonderful day.

17. Carol R says:

Oh so Beautiful! Love the hearts and your flower is gorgeous!

18. Edna Burgess says:

Great card, beautiful flower and love the colors you used. Edna

19. Rebekka says:

wow..what a beautiful note card, your flower is gorgeous.

20. pinky says:

Jerri, another gorgeous creation!

21. Tonniece says:

Your flowers always amaze me. Very soft and pretty.
    Hugs
    Tonniece

22. Lorel-Lye says:

Another beauty! Will the steps in your mum tutorial work with this and all your flower creations? I’ve just got to try my hand at your amazing flowers. Thx

23. velta says:

Exquisite Jerri!!! I never thought I had a jealous bone in my body, but maybe I need to re-think that one… 😉

24. […] are some of the unique ways of apologizing to your fianceA Touch of GraceThe Ravenna GirlsFoundA Touch of Grace ul.legalfooter li{ list-style:none; […]

25. Beautiful, it amazes me how you can take a poinsettia die to look like a rose, just lovely!

26. April says:

This is so beautiful! The flower looks so real! Love it a lot!

27. Donna says:

Beautiful, just beautiful. I can’t find the rest of the tutorial (Part II, etc.) that shows how to make the inside of the mums.

Thanks for sharing.

28. Juanita in OH says:

This is an exquisite note card and a real treasure! I cannot wrap my head around what it must be like to receive one of these, OH, MY GOODNESS. TFS.

29. Paula Gale says:

Wow Jerri

Another beautiful card – something that definately inspires me.

Thank you for sharing.

Paula x x x

30. Sooo pretty! I can’t believe you made the flower! Well, yes I can. :) (It’s been far too long since I’ve hopped around blogs. I’ve missed seeing your beautiful work.)

31. I have a surprise for you. I like all kinds of fruit.

32. tods store says:

I saw it with my own eyes. I will arrange everything.

33. I wish I knew my neighbor. I would like to check out.